PDA

View Full Version : donald trump: your money means nothing to him

del
09-12-2016, 03:04 PM
so i'm pretty sure that there are two reasons he won't release his tax returns- he's not as wealthy nor as good at managing his money as he'd like the yokels to think and his charitable giving is probably on a par with bill and hillary ( think underwear write offs)

i still don't know about the first part, but this article sheds some light on his *charitable* giving

Donald Trump was in a tuxedo, standing next to his award: a statue of a palm tree, as tall as a toddler. It was 2010, and Trump was being honored by a charity — the Palm Beach Police Foundation — for his “selfless support” of its cause.
His support did not include any of his own money.
Instead, Trump had found a way to give away somebody else’s money and claim the credit for himself.
Trump had earlier gone to a charity in New Jersey — the Charles Evans Foundation, named for a deceased businessman — and asked for a donation. Trump said he was raising money for the Palm Beach Police Foundation.
The Evans Foundation said yes. In 2009 and 2010, it gave a total of $150,000 to the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a small charity that the Republican presidential nominee founded in 1987.
Then, Trump’s foundation turned around and made donations to the police group in South Florida. In those years, the Trump Foundation’s gifts totaled $150,000.
Trump had effectively turned the Evans Foundation’s gifts into his own gifts, without adding any money of his own.
On the night that he won the Palm Tree Award (http://www.palmbeachpolicefoundation.org/palm-tree-award) for his philanthropy, Trump may have actually made money. The gala was held at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, and the police foundation paid to rent the room. It’s unclear how much was paid in 2010, but the police foundation reported in its tax filings that it rented Mar-a-Lago in 2014 for $276,463....

Trump’s donations to the Palm Beach Police Foundation offered a stark example of Trump turning somebody else’s gift into his own charity.
Tax experts said they had rarely heard of anything like what Trump had done, converting another donor’s gift into his own.
“I question whether it’s ethical. It’s certainly misleading. But I think it’s legal, because you would think that the other foundation that’s . . . being taken advantage of would look out for their own interests,” said Rosemary E. Fei (http://www.adlercolvin.com/attorneys/rosemary-fei.php), an attorney in San Francisco who has advised hundreds of small foundations. “That’s their decision to let him do that.”
After three years, the Charles Evans Foundation stopped using Trump as a middleman.
“We realized we don’t need to do it through a pass-through,” said Bonnie Pfeifer Evans, the widow of Charles Evans and a trustee of the now-defunct foundation.
In 2012, the Charles Evans Foundation stopped giving money to the Trump Foundation.
In 2013, according to tax records, the Trump Foundation stopped giving to the Palm Beach Police Foundation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-donald-trump-retooled-his-charity-to-spend-other-peoples-money/2016/09/10/da8cce64-75df-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html

i know it doesn't make any difference to the hacks, but reasonable people might be interested to know that the ehtical difference between the two hacks running for potus is non-existent.

zelmo1234
09-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I wish this was the only Del that posted here.

I is an interesting article. And likely some of the assumptions are true.

I don't believe that either of the parties are giving to people out of the goodness of their black hearts.

midcan5
09-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Trump is such a fake, it should boggle the mind that this guy is a candidate for president of the US of A.

"Trump applied for and accepted the money, despite the fact that – as he acknowledged in an interview with a German news show immediately after the attacks – the property "wasn't, fortunately, affected by what happened to the World Trade Center."
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/how-donald-trump-cashed-in-on-911-w438757

"Trump did present the museum on his first and only visit there with his very first recorded charitable donation in connection with 9/11. The check for was $100,000, but it was drawn on his foundation, to which he has not contributed a penny in more than six years. He therefore continued a perfect record of not giving a penny of his own money to the memorial, not even the admission price, which the museum said was waived for him and his entourage, a saving of $24 for the adults, $18 in the case of a senior citizen such as Trump."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/09/15-years-of-donald-trump-s-9-11-lies-insults-and-slights.html

valley ranch
09-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Jealousy is a terrible thing~Donald Trump is a fine man and has not earned you green eyed envy. He's running for President because of the absents of another ready and able to do the job.

The two parties had planed for us to choose between: The brother of an ex president and the wife of one, and they didn't give a damn who we chose.

We, many of us had a different idea. He'll make a good president.

Safety
09-12-2016, 08:50 PM
At least you were able to create a thread about Trump without talking about his ankles or pantsuit...

del
09-12-2016, 08:51 PM
At least you were able to create a thread about Trump without talking about his ankles or pantsuit...

it's pretty much par for the course when one is a lifeless, democratic quisling

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 08:58 PM
He is not a politician who leached of the public dole his whole life. His tax returns are as much your business as as my bowel movement is. Get over yourselves Fans.

Your girl is bleeding out. You will soon be not relevant.

del
09-12-2016, 09:01 PM
He is not a politician who leached of the public dole his whole life. His tax returns are as much your business as as my bowel movement is. Get over yourselves Fans.

:rofl:

trump done stole petey's heart

Dr. Who
09-12-2016, 09:26 PM

I think we can dislike both candidates for their inherent corruption and utter hypocrisy.