PDA

View Full Version : QE3 fails: Fed is out of bullets

Pages : [1] 2

Peter1469
10-06-2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49274085

Chris
10-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Problem is it's a never-ending program of spending. Not working, keep on spending, spend more. Great redistribution pump.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:29 PM
did this Jeff Cox guy correctly predict the economic crash?

Peter1469
10-06-2012, 03:34 PM

I don't know. Peter Shiff did.

Peter1469
10-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Problem is it's a never-ending program of spending. Not working, keep on spending, spend more. Great redistribution pump.

It is certainly a plan to bail the to big to fail banks out at tax payer expense. QE3 is a scheme to spend $40B per month, forever, to buy mortgage backed derivatives. The 5 biggest banks in the US have ~$200T worth of them off books- if we ever replace the mark to market rules back on the banks these derivatives would immediately crash these banks- because they are largely worth less than poo. So the Fed is spending our money to buy poo.

Chris
10-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Are economies predictable?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.allbookstores.com/Jeff-Cox/author/1

lots of books written by him but no book on an impending crash

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Are economies predictable?

I predeicted this crash.

go to one of the places I used to post at and go look at the time periond of my posts.

trinnity cam tell you where.

im not sure Im allowed to name the site on the open board

Im told its OK

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?45154-do-you-guys-remember-when

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
CNBC is very right leaning

Chris
10-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I predeicted this crash.

go to one of the places I used to post at and go look at the time periond of my posts.

No, explain here and now how you predicted the crash.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
By paying attention to the economy and political arena

If you let me name the sites EVERYONE can go see that I am telling the thruth about predicting it

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
am I allowed to name the sites?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:55 PM
hell you could go to one of them and ask the open board and some will flat out tell you I did

Chris
10-06-2012, 03:56 PM
By paying attention to the economy and political arena

If you let me name the sites EVERYONE can go see that I am telling the thruth about predicting it

So you can't explain. Then I assume you guessed.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I did explain .

why are you lying about that?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 03:59 PM
The levels of sub prime that were historically Unmatched

the Obvious bubble in the housoing prices.

The lack of broker rules.

It was oibvious to anyone who cared to see it.

Am I Allowed to post the site names?

Larry Dickman
10-06-2012, 04:06 PM
CNBC is very right leaning

So is Capitalism.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.iim-edu.org/u.s.economyrisks/

the peopel who did see it coming were pummled by the Bush people

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:12 PM
So was I and my fellow poster that some here may KNOW ( uscitizen)

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I can prove it if you allow me to name the sites

Carygrant
10-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't know. Peter Shiff did.

I did in 2005 when I was converted by looking at the sub prime and derivative markets. Since 2008 I shouted it everywhere .

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I did explain .

why are you lying about that?

"By paying attention to the economy and political arena"

That's not an explanation, matters, and mind your manners.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:16 PM
chris

chris

chris

Can I name the site

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:17 PM
The levels of sub prime that were historically Unmatched

It was oibvious to anyone who cared to see it.

Am I Allowed to post the site names?

Stating the obvious, all bubbles burst.

False. See The Political Implications of Ignoring Our Own Ignorance (http://www.american.com/archive/2011/december/the-political-implications-of-ignoring-our-own-ignorance)
A common post-crisis narrative is that banking was de-regulated in the Reagan-Greenspan era. Some pundits make it sound as if regulators behaved like parents who hand their teenagers the keys to the liquor cabinet, leave for the weekend, and say “Have a good time.” In fact, regulators believed that they had stronger regulations in place in 2005 than they did in the pre-Reagan era.

—Before 1980, mortgage loans held by banks were illiquid assets subject to considerable interest-rate risk. These problems were alleviated by the shift toward securitization.

—Before 1980, insolvent institutions were opaque because of book-value accounting. This problem was addressed with market-value accounting, enabling regulators to take more timely corrective action to address troubled institutions.

—Before 1980, banks had no formal capital requirements and there were no mechanisms in place to steer banks away from risky assets. This problem was addressed with the Basel capital accords (formally adopted in 1988), which incorporated a risk-weighted measure of assets to determine required minimum capital. In the 2000s, these risk weightings were altered to penalize banks that did not invest in highly rated, asset-backed securities.

Thus, it was not the intent of regulators to loosen the reins on banks. On the contrary, from the regulators' point of view, it was the environment prior to 1980 that amounted to leaving the teenagers with the keys to the liquor cabinet. The post-1980 regulatory changes were believed to be in the direction of tighter supervision and more rational controls.

It turned out that the regulators were radically ignorant of the consequences of their decisions. Securitization introduces principal-agent problems into mortgage lending, as the loan originator's interest in obtaining a fee for underwriting a closed loan conflicts with the interest of investors in ensuring that borrowers are properly screened. These conflicts proved to be more powerful than imagined. Market-value accounting makes financial markets steeply procyclical, because in a crisis a drop in market values forces beleaguered banks to sell assets, creating a vicious downward spiral. Finally, the risk-based capital rules helped drive the craze for financial engineering and misleading AAA ratings.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:19 PM
can I name the site?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2007/2007-198.htm

Joint Release
Securities and Exchange Commission
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
2007-198
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEAgencies Adopt Final Rules to Implement the Bank 'Broker' Provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley ActWashington, D.C., Sept. 24, 2007 - The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board) on Monday announced the adoption of final joint rules to implement the "broker" exceptions for banks under Section 3(a)(4) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These exceptions were adopted as part of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 (GLB Act). The SEC and the Board approved the final rules at separate open meetings held on September 19, 2007, and September 24, 2007, respectively.

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:21 PM
chris

chris

chris

Can I name the site

What are you even asking?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:22 PM
The site I was on at the time where I predicted the crash

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:22 PM

Explain, don't just point over there yonder. Explain your argument. What I've seen so far I've countered.

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM

I don't care but what does naming a site have to do with presenting your explanation of prediction here?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Now look at the SEC release and you will see that after GLB act passed Bush held up the broker rules in the law for nearlhy his whole term.

Once the real broker rules were in place the whole thing unraveled

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Now look at the SEC release and you will see that after GLB act passed Bush held up the broker rules in the law for nearlhy his whole term.

Once the real broker rules were in place the whole thing unraveled

I already responded to that argument. Do you have a response to what I posted?

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Post #24.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:26 PM
there is a site I was on at the time called justplainpoltics.com

My name there at the time was deshrubinator.

people called me desh.

I have since changed my name there to evince.

If you go there and with me I can retrieve the posts that prove I did.

Or you can ask the owner which is damocles.

He is a libertarian and is the most honest mod I have ever met.

He would likely remember.

or you can ask uscitizen if hes there.

some of the right leaning posters might lie about it but the posts to PROVE I did would be there to prove them liars.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:28 PM
uscitizen was my mentor at the time and he was agood part of the reason I realized what was going to happen.

A very bright man.

Larry Dickman
10-06-2012, 04:31 PM
What exactly is it you are lacking in real life? Are you hideous? No friends? Never been laid?

I ask with sincerity, because you are an attention whore and a person with far too little going on outside of the cyber world as evidenced by your 800 plus "look at me please before I explode" posts less than a week into joining the site. Pathetic does not even hint at your reality.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:37 PM
The only reason the crash happened was that there was money to be made.

The banks made the loans knowing they could dump them into mortgage securities and sell them before they exploded.

That was the securities part of the mess.

Now Before GLB act Brokers had to have a license to sell securities which means they had to pass some tests on knowledge of the system.

When Bush and his SEC held back the broker rules they freed up thes banks to NOW hire and train any smuck they wanted to hire and train them any way they wanted to train them.

The banks hired abnd trained people who were ONLY beholden to them and would do what they were told to keep their jobs.

By training them they could assure they only knew what they wanted them to know.

Now in the previous system the bans could not sell securities at all remember?

Now they could sell them and have nay smuck they wanted sell them.

In the past a licenedd broker would have refused to sell the tainted securites filled with sub prime because they would LOSE their license and go to jail.

get it?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 04:39 PM
What exactly is it you are lacking in real life? Are you hideous? No friends? Never been laid?

I ask with sincerity, because you are an attention whore and a person with far too little going on outside of the cyber world as evidenced by your 800 plus "look at me please before I explode" posts less than a week into joining the site. Pathetic does not even hint at your reality.

attention?

dude Im discussing politics.

If you are incapable of keeping up with the information and discussion you dont have to be here.

garyo
10-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Spot on!!!!

garyo
10-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Like Obama's claim of 5.6% unemployment if congress would pass his stimulus plan.

Larry Dickman
10-06-2012, 04:49 PM
attention?

dude Im discussing politics.

If you are incapable of keeping up with the information and discussion you dont have to be here.

Find another playpen, kid. All you're doing is fucking up the board with a bunch of bullshit. Go away, junior. Pathetic.

Chris
10-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Matters, you have yet to respond to what I posted post #24. The essence of your argument is there was not enough regulation. What I posted says there was regulation but it failed, it was poorly conceived and poorly executed. Why? Because while we know bubbles historically burst, each is a new similar event that cannot be predicted. Even a broken clock tells time twice a day.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Ok go on over to justplainpolitics.com and look for posts by evince.

that is me.

I bumped an old thread and then linked to a couple.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Like Obama's claim of 5.6% unemployment if congress would pass his stimulus plan.

did they pass the one he said would produce that result or did they alter it greatly ?

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 05:12 PM
The only reason the crash happened was that there was money to be made.

The banks made the loans knowing they could dump them into mortgage securities and sell them before they exploded.

That was the securities part of the mess.

Now Before GLB act Brokers had to have a license to sell securities which means they had to pass some tests on knowledge of the system.

When Bush and his SEC held back the broker rules they freed up thes banks to NOW hire and train any smuck they wanted to hire and train them any way they wanted to train them.

The banks hired abnd trained people who were ONLY beholden to them and would do what they were told to keep their jobs.

By training them they could assure they only knew what they wanted them to know.

Now in the previous system the bans could not sell securities at all remember?

Now they could sell them and have nay smuck they wanted sell them.

In the past a licenedd broker would have refused to sell the tainted securites filled with sub prime because they would LOSE their license and go to jail.

get it?

you were answered

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 05:13 PM

how many of you know about this?

Joint Release
Securities and Exchange Commission
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
2007-198
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Agencies Adopt Final Rules to Implement the Bank 'Broker' Provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act

Washington, D.C., Sept. 24, 2007 - The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board) on Monday announced the adoption of final joint rules to implement the "broker" exceptions for banks under Section 3(a)(4) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These exceptions were adopted as part of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 (GLB Act). The SEC and the Board approved the final rules at separate open meetings held on September 19, 2007, and September 24, 2007, respectively.

truthmatters
10-06-2012, 05:26 PM

and easy link to the proof

Chris
10-06-2012, 05:40 PM
you were answered

You have not addressed post #24 or post #42.

All you're doing with that argument is demonstrating government's collusion in creating the bubble and its inability to regulate the market. You cherry pick Bush as a partisan would, when the housing bubble began with FDR's creation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and throughout, whether Rep or Dem, incentivized financial institutions to make and take risky loans through interest rates and promised bail outs. Think about it, the housing bubble wasn't really an accident, it was planned, what better way to energize the economy and raise revenue for its lust from spending on the welfare and the warfare state, little knowing, as "The Political Implications of Ignoring Our Own Ignorance" (post #24) explains, they could not control it, contain it from a full scale meltdown.

Now you have posts #24, #42, and #48 to address.

hanger4
10-06-2012, 05:48 PM

Read your posts at the link you supplied, and yes you predicted the crash.

Only problem, your "foretold" predictions were during the crashing, kind a easy to "foretell" a crash while you watch it happen.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
You only saw a couple of posts dude.

I was there years before the crash and only did a quick search to find a couple of threads.

If you note ONE was dated early 2008 now how many of you were talking about an economic crash coming in early 2008?

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 08:30 AM
You have not addressed post #24 or post #42.

All you're doing with that argument is demonstrating government's collusion in creating the bubble and its inability to regulate the market. You cherry pick Bush as a partisan would, when the housing bubble began with FDR's creation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and throughout, whether Rep or Dem, incentivized financial institutions to make and take risky loans through interest rates and promised bail outs. Think about it, the housing bubble wasn't really an accident, it was planned, what better way to energize the economy and raise revenue for its lust from spending on the welfare and the warfare state, little knowing, as "The Political Implications of Ignoring Our Own Ignorance" (post #24) explains, they could not control it, contain it from a full scale meltdown.

Now you have posts #24, #42, and #48 to address.

How many sub prime loans did the Fs write?

This idea of your above is not shared by anyone but partisan cons.

Its a republican meme.

your dead wrong.

This crash happened because banks were allowed to do ONCE MORE what Glass steagal stopped them from doing back in the FDR days.

we stripped GS out of the equation and guess what happened.

The sam damned thing that happened that caused the last crash.

The banks proved they could NOT be trusted to act in a sane manner without a referee standing over their shoulder.

dont give me silly poltical memes when we are talking reality

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 08:48 AM

anyone whoi doubts I predicted the economic crash can go see that I did.

heres what makes dealing with me VERY easy.

I DONT LIE

hense the name

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.cepr.net/content/view/1415/220/

Credit Card Debt Soars as House Prices Plunge
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/M_images/printButton.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/index.php/housing-market-monitor/credit-card-debt-soars-as-house-prices-plunge/print/)

http://ct5.addthis.com/static/btn/v2/lg-bookmark-en.gif (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=120&winname=addthis&pub=unknown&source=men-120&lng=en&s=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cepr.net%2Findex.php%2Fhousin g-market-monitor%2Fcredit-card-debt-soars-as-house-prices-plunge%2F&title=Credit%20Card%20Debt%20Soars%20as%20House%20 Prices%20Plunge&logo=&logobg=&logocolor=&ate=AT-unknown/-/-/507189760d1c938b/2&frommenu=1&uid=507189763ae1ca3d&ct=1&pre=http%3A%2F%2Fthepoliticalforums.com%2Fthreads% 2F6997-QE3-fails-Fed-is-out-of-bullets%2Fpage6&tt=0&captcha_provider=recaptcha)

January 9, 2008 (Housing Market Monitor)
Housing Market Monitor
Credit Card Debt Soars as House Prices PlungeJanuary 9, 2008
By Dean Baker
“The current rate of house price decline will destroy $2.2 trillion of wealth this year."
The Federal Reserve Board reported yesterday that credit card debt rose at an 11.3 percent annual rate in November after rising at an 8.5 percent rate in October. By comparison, credit card debt rose at a rate between 2 percent and 4 percent from 2003 to 2005.

The explanation for this surge in credit card debt is that millions of homeowners are losing the ability to borrow against their home. In the last Flow of Funds release, the Fed reported that the ratio of homeowners’ equity to value stood at just 50.4 percent, down from 54.2 percent at the end of 2005, and 57.3 percent at the end of 2001. The ratio will almost certainly cross below 50 percent for the first time in history when the fourth quarter data is reported. This is a remarkably rapid decline, especially since the soaring home prices of recent years translated dollar for dollar into additional equity

hanger4
10-07-2012, 08:54 AM
You only saw a couple of posts dude.

I was there years before the crash and only did a quick search to find a couple of threads.

OH, I'm sorry, you implied the link was proof of your predictions and it wasn't.

Now you say there are other links, how convenient.

If you note ONE was dated early 2007 now how many of you were talking about an economic crash coming in early 2007?

Well I certainly wasn't, but I'm no economist.

There were quite a few predicting the bubble burst and impending crisis.

http://www.investorhome.com/predicted.htm

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 08:56 AM
OH, I'm sorry, you implied the link was proof of your predictions and it wasn't.

Your post contains a mistake I made when I first posted that.

I went back and corrected the date to 2008 which was the correct date on the article.

just wanted to note that.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:01 AM

There were a few and we took a whole bunch of crap from anyone on the right for it.

If you check the thread the whole reason we are on this subject is someone posted some economics "expert"down talking the economy.

I asked if this "expert" predicted the crash.

they had not and the poster said well no one knew or something close to that and I responded I DID!

Akula
10-07-2012, 09:07 AM

You're wasting your time.
This troll is a needy drama queen who will try to run you around and around in circles desperately trying to get someone to pay attention to it.
Don't fall for it.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:14 AM
You're wasting your time.
This troll is a needy drama queen who will try to run you around and around in circles desperately trying to get someone to pay attention to it.
Don't fall for it.

what the ding ding diddy are you trying to do here?

I jsut PROVED I predicted the crash that most people could NOT see coming.

PROVED you troll.

and here you stand saying "dont look dont look nothing to see here"

Do you realize how transparent you are?

you dont want anyone to see this or talk to me because you know I CRUSH daily your historically failed ideas.

man are you pathetic

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Read your posts at the link you supplied, and yes you predicted the crash.

Only problem, your "foretold" predictions were during the crashing, kind a easy to "foretell" a crash while you watch it happen.

Moreover, the real crash is yet to come.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 09:26 AM
what the ding ding diddy are you trying to do here?

I jsut PROVED I predicted the crash that most people could NOT see coming

The crash began 2006, bottomed out in 2008. Via your links you predicted a crash was going to happen by watching a plane fall from the sky and saying "look it's going to crash".

Akula
10-07-2012, 09:30 AM
The crash began 2006, bottomed out in 2008. Via your links you predicted a crash was going to happen by watching a plane fall from the sky and saying "look it's going to crash".

LMAO..around and around in circles you'll continue to go...

You're being played...

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:32 AM
How many sub prime loans did the Fs write?

This idea of your above is not shared by anyone but partisan cons.

Its a republican meme.

your dead wrong.

This crash happened because banks were allowed to do ONCE MORE what Glass steagal stopped them from doing back in the FDR days.

we stripped GS out of the equation and guess what happened.

The sam damned thing that happened that caused the last crash.

The banks proved they could NOT be trusted to act in a sane manner without a referee standing over their shoulder.

dont give me silly poltical memes when we are talking reality

Matters, you're arguing with faulty assumptions about my position and what I said.

I am not a Republican, nor am I a con. Oops on your part.

Moreover, I am not arguing with what you say, why would I, it goes to support what I'm arguing, namely that government, be it Reps or be it Dems, in collusion with banks, brought this about.

You say the same: "This crash happened because banks were allowed to do ONCE MORE what Glass steagal stopped them from doing back in the FDR days." If that was a cause it was government allowed it.

"we stripped GS out of the equation and guess what happened" -- We? No, government.

Yes, the banks took advantage of what government handed it on a silver platter. But that's only natural. Man is greedy, and he wants to satisfy that greed in the easiest way possible, and that happens to be by political means rather than economic, why work for it when government hands you wealth?

As Madison put it, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary." The bankers were greedy for wealth, the politicians breedy for power.

They screwed up. Not just the banks as a lefty like you wants to spin it, not just government, as the right wants to, but both. It's called crony capitalism, the collusion of government and business to rob the rest of us.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:34 AM

How many people were talking about it being a crash at the early stages of it?

You see Bush also came into office AFTER AQ was already in jihad with the US.

You on the right just laughed at it and called it "wagging the dog" and wanted the attention put back on Ms Lewinsky.

If in that january of 2001 he was paying as much attention to AQ as I was paying attention to Sub Prime in jan 2008 we would not have had 911.

If Bush had been doing the right things in the lead up to the crash then we could have avoided it.

I was paying more attention than your republican choice for leadership.

Then there is the OTHER point that THESE posts I went and highlighted for you at the site justplainpolitics are not my ONLY posts on the subject before spetember 2008 when Bush annouced the crash with a look on his face that showed he just found out about the mess( can you say deer in the headlights).

I predicted this crash with the wise counsil of a poster called uscitizen who is one of the smarted humans I ever met on the internets

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:35 AM
anyone whoi doubts I predicted the economic crash can go see that I did.

heres what makes dealing with me VERY easy.

I DONT LIE

hense the name

One, you need to present your case here. Two, as observed, your prediction is ex post, after the fact. Three, the worst is yet to come, which is predictable because of what Obama does, such as, bringing us back to topic, QE3.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:37 AM
chris what were you saying to people in january of 2008 about the idea that we may be in the beginings of a huge economic crash?

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
there are posts on that site prior to that date too fella.

go search justplainpoltics.com

i also remember taking HUGE HEAPING PILES OF CRAP for warning everyone that they better not buy a home or take money out of their home and to get their shit in line.

I actaully advised some people and saved their butts.

the whole time I was called much of the same names you people here call me for my efforts and insite.

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:42 AM
chris what were you saying to people in january of 2008 about the idea that we may be in the beginings of a huge economic crash?

Pretty much the same thing. That government screws up the business cycle is a common thesis in Austrian economics. Hanger4 is right, though as I argued the housing bubble crash started with the thinking that created Freedie Mac and Fannie Mae.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
How many people were talking about it being a crash at the early stages of it?

Quite a few, I supplied a link.

I predicted this crash with the wise counsil of a poster called uscitizen who is one of the smarted humans I ever met on the internets

According to the dates of your posts in the link you supplied you predicted nothing.

How many times you want to go round and round ??

truthmatters
Go get the posts to prove your claim

Chris
there are posts on that site prior to that date too fella.

go search justplainpoltics.com

i also remember taking HUGE HEAPING PILES OF CRAP for warning everyone that they better not buy a home or take money out of their home and to get their shit in line.

I actaully advised some people and saved their butts.

the whole time I was called much of the same names you people here call me for my efforts and insite.

Argue your case here. Feel free to cite yourself. But stop this incessant talking about talking about it.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:45 AM
what was the date that bush stood in front of the American people and annouced we were in for BIG trouble?

guys there is a differance between what the numbers say and what the people knew

hanger4
10-07-2012, 09:45 AM

You talkin' to me ??

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Are you as a mod ORDERING me to stop discussing this?

Chris

Get the posts to disprove it. What a nonsensical argument, you're getting desperate to be right on something, anything, like throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Argue your case.

Just keep in mind you will support my case in doing so.

truthmatters
Is that where we are now in this dicussion?

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Why are you making things up?

truthmatters
Get the posts to disprove it. What a nonsensical argument, you're getting desperate to be right on something, anything, like throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Argue your case.

Just keep in mind you will support my case in doing so.

thank you for admitting you have no proof of the claim that you knew.

I had proof you dont.

its very clear

Chris
You talkin' to me ??

She's mostly talking to herself.

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I had proof you dont.

You've proven nothing except in your own mind. Discussion means convincing others, not yourself.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Argue your case here. Feel free to cite yourself. But stop this incessant talking about talking about it.

your a mod so I have to clear up what is an order and what is not.

the rules are up to interpitation by the mods here at any mommnent.

That is what I was told about the rules here.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM
You've proven nothing except in your own mind. Discussion means convincing others, not yourself.

And you are a flat out LIAR for saying that

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM
your a mod so I have to clear up what is an order and what is not.

the rules are up to interpitation by the mods here at any mommnent.

That is what I was told about the rules here.

Take personal issues about moderation offline, matters.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Anyone who doubts me can go look at the justplainpoltics.com site and check out my claim.

Its all there and I am willing to link to it anytime someone wants to check my verasity

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
And you are a flat out LIAR for saying that

Ad hom is not an argument, it's waving a white flag. And you're telling everyone you disagree with they're a liar is like the little boy crying wolf.

truthmatters
Take personal issues about moderation offline, matters.

Is this a new rule?

I thought you could talk about this right on the board.

that was what I was told

hanger4

It wasn't the beginnings in Jan 08, it began 2006, bottomed out late 2008.

If you predicted it, as you say, your posts would be dated early 06 and/or before.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Ad hom is not an argument, it's waving a white flag. And you're telling everyone you disagree with they're a liar is like the little boy crying wolf.

Nope its a fact.

I showed you undeniable PROOF I was talking about the crash nearly a year before it happened.

You just lie and say that was not before the VAST majority even knew there was a problem and that it would get REAL bad

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyone who doubts me can go look at the justplainpoltics.com site and check out my claim.

Its all there and I am willing to link to it anytime someone wants to check my verasity

How would we know that's you? I mean, from what you say, you argued your case there, but you can't seem to do that here.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:56 AM

If you predicted it, as you say, your posts would be dated early 06 and/or before.

That is the economic numbers path.

Now how many Americans were being told by their money managers that everything was going to circle the toilet bowl?

ask the next person you see what year the economic crash was and you know as well as I do what they will say.

Chris
10-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Nope its a fact.

I showed you undeniable PROOF I was talking about the crash nearly a year before it happened.

You just lie and say that was not before the VAST majority even knew there was a problem and that it would get REAL bad

Matters, everyone you disagree with is a liar. It's getting old. All you're doing is waving a white flag.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:57 AM
How would we know that's you? I mean, from what you say, you argued your case there, but you can't seem to do that here.

dude where did I get acess to someone elses account at another site to be able to pretend?

have some decency

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Matters, everyone you disagree with is a liar. It's getting old. All you're doing is waving a white flag.

I did not call everyone a liar just you becasue you are lying

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–2012_global_recession

The 2008–2012 global recession, sometimes referred to as the late-2000s recession, Great Recession,[1] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-wsj_2010-04-08-0) the Lesser Depression,[2] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-1) or the Long Recession,[3] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-2) is a marked global economic decline that began in December 2007 and took a particularly sharp downward turn in September 2008

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Is this a new rule?

I thought you could talk about this right on the board.

that was what I was told

No, old rule. You've been warned about this many times. General discussion of moderation is fine online, posted here: http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/26-Technical-Issues-and-Questions. Personal issues, not, for that use PMs--at this point try another mod.

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:03 AM
I did not call everyone a liar just you becasue you are lying

Still waving that white flag?

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:04 AM
DECEMBER 2007

do you get it folks

the article I show is from jan 2008.

I predicted the crash that resulted in the recession better than most experts you were seeing on TV at the time.

That is why most people in the country were dumb founded when Bush annouced the mess

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:06 AM
DECEMBER 2007

do you get it folks

the article I show is from jan 2008.

I predicted the crash that resulted in the recession better than most experts you were seeing on TV at the time.

That is why most people in the country were dumb founded when Bush annouced the mess

No, you didn't predict anything.

Akula
10-07-2012, 10:08 AM
How many times you want to go round and round ??

As long as you'll play along...You'll see.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:09 AM
The bad info started showing up in Late december of 2007.

I looked at those numbers and started posting the proof days after it came out.

I had previous to that time been telling people that it was dumb as hell to allow banks to keepo writing sub primes at the level they had been doing and that it would eventually CRASH.

The article you see me posting at justplainpoltics.com is days after the inof was released that began hat would in hindsight be the date it started.

This is why the republican party has nothing but histporically failed ideas left.

They refuse to hear FACTS they dont like and try to insult and shut up anyone who gives them the hard facts in a timely manner

Akula
10-07-2012, 10:10 AM
:bannedsmile:

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:15 AM
The bad info started showing up in Late december of 2007.

I looked at those numbers and started posting the proof days after it came out.

I had previous to that time been telling people that it was dumb as hell to allow banks to keepo writing sub primes at the level they had been doing and that it would eventually CRASH.

The article you see me posting at justplainpoltics.com is days after the inof was released that began hat would in hindsight be the date it started.

This is why the republican party has nothing but histporically failed ideas left.

They refuse to hear FACTS they dont like and try to insult and shut up anyone who gives them the hard facts in a timely manner

posting the proof

State your "proof". Make it clear what your premises, conclusion and logic are. You keep talking about talking about it, but walk the walk, state your proof. And please, stop crying wolf, no one hears you anymore.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?4996-A-Run-on-the-California-Country-Wide-banks

now go look at the date on this I was posting back in the day.

then look at what the cons said about me

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:18 AM
8/17/07

that is before the recession over a year before bush had to stand on TV and tell you all it was all falling apart.

I was trying to warn people

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:20 AM
State your "proof". Make it clear what your premises, conclusion and logic are. You keep talking about talking about it, but walk the walk, state your proof. And please, stop crying wolf, no one hears you anymore.

I already have and you just keep pretending I didnt.

you cant seem to be honest about ANYTHING

you should not be trusted to be honest

Peter1469
10-07-2012, 10:20 AM

Now how many Americans were being told by their money managers that everything was going to circle the toilet bowl?

ask the next person you see what year the economic crash was and you know as well as I do what they will say.

What is your take on the next 12 months for the Eurozone?

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:22 AM
I already have and you just keep pretending I didnt.

you cant seem to be honest about ANYTHING

you should not be trusted to be honest

I see you're still waving the white flag of ad hom.

I responded to what you have said here and it was not a "proof". If you have a "proof" state it here, clearly, precisely, list premises, state conclusion, give logic.

I really think people should stop using the "proof" meme when they can't demonstrate their proof.

Akula
10-07-2012, 10:24 AM

LMFAO..around and around and around and around and around...you guys are funny!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0WgzcFAF_s728bSq8hj0xN6heYuJBq wTfWuPs2s9rX1k8-PMd

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3OncPRncrEBJfvG9Gwn6Tm0EUBU4jG yv5-ORXF4gp2vgOm3W38A

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSotJ1Hdx_4M1uO8d3N7v7WMx2Rlmz90 ph9UjXkqIQQZBRzDxDqgg

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:24 AM
we now all have proof your a lair and a completely dishonest person.

good job exposing who you really are

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Go look at justplainpolitics and see all the evidence Im talking about here.
these people are liars.

this is why the believe historically failed ideas.

they bathe in lies

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:27 AM
What is your take on the next 12 months for the Eurozone?

a series of bailouts for the worst hit countries and a long haul back.

i do think the euro may survive this though

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:27 AM
we now all have proof your a lair and a completely dishonest person.

good job exposing who you really are

Where's your proof, matters?

http://i.snag.gy/5Pgt6.jpg

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Go look at justplainpolitics and see all the evidence Im talking about here.
these people are liars.

this is why the believe historically failed ideas.

they bathe in lies

What "historically failed ideas"?

Chris
10-07-2012, 10:30 AM

Right, I keep asking for her proof and she keeps offering an empty chair.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:30 AM
thank you for giving me the chance to yet again post where the proof is.

If you people go to justplainpoltics.com and look for a thread by a poster named evince titled " you guys remember when" then you will see all the evidence these LIARS jsut keep lying about.

click on some of the links to prior threads.

you will see me (evince over there) posting articles that show the problem growing.

then Note what the right wing posters say in response to me warning that their shit is in danger.

its cold hard proof of what Im saying here.

Akula
10-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Right, I keep asking for her proof and she keeps offering an empty chair.

I learned her tactics on another site..
I spanked her(metaphorically speaking) and sent her off (literally) crying and whining a couple of days ago..whimpering about how "everybody hates me..you guys are all being mean"....blah...blah...etc..etc.. You might have seen the exchange...I put her on ignore after that.

Here's another clue..other than her absolute refusal to post any valid sources...Go back and look at how many times she says "I, me, my".
and tries to always guide the discussion to her.
She's a drama queen desperate for attention...as you've learned..
You'll get tired of running in circles eventually...

Peter1469
10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
a series of bailouts for the worst hit countries and a long haul back.

i do think the euro may survive this though

Europe does not have enough money to bail out Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain. It isn't possible. I would be surprised if the Eurozone exists this time next year. At least in its present form.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Europe does not have enough money to bail out Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain. It isn't possible. I would be surprised if the Eurozone exists this time next year. At least in its present form.

so predict the uro will die.

noted

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I spanked her(metaphorically speaking) and sent her off (literally) crying and whining a couple of days ago..whimpering about how "everybody hates me..you guys are all being mean"....blah...blah...etc..etc.. You might have seen the exchange...I put her on ignore after that.

Here's another clue..other than her absolute refusal to post any valid sources...Go back and look at how many times she says "I, me, my".

Oh really then name yourself of that site and link to your posts on that wite like I did.

chris may need to be asked if you can do it.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:44 AM

thank you for admitting the republicans were the ones who allowed this to happen

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh and BTW I dont think the experts agree the mess bottomed out in 08

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
justplainpolitics.com will show anyone who wants proof of my claims

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49274085

this guy was unable to predict the crash.

hes not a good guy to take as a prophet

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
thank you for admitting the republicans were the ones who allowed this to happen

everyone go look at post 119

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:00 AM
thank you for giving me the chance to yet again post where the proof is.

If you people go to justplainpoltics.com and look for a thread by a poster named evince titled " you guys remember when" then you will see all the evidence these LIARS jsut keep lying about.

click on some of the links to prior threads.

you will see me (evince over there) posting articles that show the problem growing.

then Note what the right wing posters say in response to me warning that their shit is in danger.

its cold hard proof of what Im saying here.

Please state your "proof" here.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 11:07 AM

The "economic crash" was the housing bubble burst which lead to the recession.

You seem to combine the two to make a point then separate them to do the same.

I don't believe you're doing intentionally, but out of a lack of knowledge.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 11:11 AM
BTW truthmatters, if you want to claim predicting a recession after the housing bubble burst fine, but that's kind of elementary.

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:14 AM

OK, but not really interested in discussion her, more interested in discussion the topic and what she says, which, so far, is little.

Let me summarize.

We're discussing the causes and potential effects of QE3.

TM says she predicted the housing bubble bursting. It's been shown she predicted it ex post, after the fact. It's also an obvious generality since, historically, all bubbles burst.

Asked for "proof" she cites cherry picked partisan government actions that led to the bubble bursting that proves nothing. I point out a number of other government actions, from FDR on, by Dems and Reps, including those TM cherry picked, that incentivized bankers to take risks that led to the bubble and its bursting. She misrepresented my argument as blaming just government when I clearly blame both government and banks for colluding in crony capitalism. She still ignores post #24 which makes clear government had regulations in place they believed could prevent the bubble bursting, and the plain fact government is incapable of controlling the market in any way other than to make matters worse.

Since then she has digressed, as you point out, with all sorts of tangents away from the discussion.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 11:21 AM
OK, but not really interested in discussion her, more interested in discussion the topic and what she says, which, so far, is little.

Let me summarize.

TM says she predicted the housing bubble bursting. It's been shown she predicted it ex post, after the fact. It's also an obvious generality since, historically, all bubbles burst.

Asked for "proof" she cites cherry picked partisan government actions that led to the bubble bursting that proves nothing. I point out a number of other government actions, from FDR on, by Dems and Reps, including those TM cherry picked, that incentivized bankers to take risks that led to the bubble and its bursting. She misrepresented my argument as blaming just government when I clearly blame both government and banks for colluding in crony capitalism. She still ignores post #24 which makes clear government had regulations in place they believed could prevent the bubble bursting, and the plain fact government is incapable of controlling the market in any way other than to make matters worse.

Since then she has digressed, as you point out, with all sorts of tangents away from the discussion.

And she confuses the housing bubble burst with the recession.

Akula
10-07-2012, 11:23 AM

Let me summarize.

Oh.. I know..I've been watching...What's funny is you being strung along by the whole charade.

I was merely pointing out facts. When a poster is purposely being dishonest, obtuse and evasive to the point of spamming and attention whoring, one HAS to call them on it.

I'll withdraw from this "conversation"..you 2 have fun!

hanger4
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh.. I know..I've been watching...What's funny is you being strung along by the whole charade.

I was merely pointing out facts. When a poster is purposely being dishonest, obtuse and evasive to the point of spamming and attention whoring, one HAS to call them on it.

Frankly Akula, I'LL give her a break on this one. I believe she's confused about which is which (HB Burst/recession) and it seems like she goes off on a tangent.

Akula
10-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Frankly Akula, I'LL give her a break on this one. I believe she's confused about which is which (HB Burst/recession) and it seems like she goes off on a tangent.

You'll learn.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 11:32 AM
come on over to where the evidence is and I will fill you in further on my posts at that site,

Ive added links to the thread I started over there.

justplainpolitics.com

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 11:34 AM
lying in the face of facts is just con speak anymore

hanger4
10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
come on over to where the evidence is and I will fill you in further on my posts at that site,

justplainpolitics.com

Do you know the difference between the housing bubble and the recession ??

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Thanks. Just remember ad hom is not an argument, it's waving a white flag.

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM

justplainpolitics.com

State your case here if you can. Nothing wrong with citing and sourcing another site. Right now I'm beginning to think you're spamming this forum with the other site, and that is frowned upon.

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:44 AM
lying in the face of facts is just con speak anymore

OK, matters, if you insist on distracting away from your inability to state your case: What is the lie, be specific, cite it, explain how it is a lie.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 11:44 AM

you said I could link to it.

you gave me permission remember

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
No, you didn't predict anything.

yes I did and I linked to the proof and now the proof is here

Akula
10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks. Just remember ad hom is not an argument, it's waving a white flag.

"Dishonest", "obtuse" "evasive" and "spamming" aren't ad hom. They're facts.

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:52 AM

No, you didn't or you would state your "proof" here, it's premises, logic and conclusion.

hanger4

truthmatters, if you want to claim predicting a recession after the housing bubble burst fine, but that's kind of elementary.

truthmatters
the proof has been provided you all here.

pretending it has not is just futher proof that your party is bankrupt of facts and morals

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM
"Dishonest", "obtuse" "evasive" and "spamming" aren't ad hom. They're facts.

Arguing the man rather than the message is ad hom. None of those "facts" speak to the topic.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM

truthmatters, if you want to claim predicting a recession after the housing bubble burst fine, but that's kind of elementary.

how timely a manner did your partys chosen president predict the mess and fix and or warn about it?

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:55 AM

you said I could link to it.

you gave me permission remember

Wrong. You may cite and source that material, but repeatedly asking others go there is imo spamming.

Chris
10-07-2012, 11:56 AM
the proof has been provided you all here.

pretending it has not is just futher proof that your party is bankrupt of facts and morals

No, it has not.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 12:02 PM
how timely a manner did your partys chosen president predict the mess and fix and or warn about it?

Quite a few times actually;

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/the-white-house-warned-congress-about-fannie-mae-freddie-mac-17-times-in-2008-alone/

And I repeat;

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 12:06 PM
just lying about facts that are here and can be checked

just makes you look dishonest and or stupid

Chris
10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
just lying about facts that are here and can be checked.

it just makes you look dishonest and or stupid

Hanger, she obviously doesn't know the difference or she'd say.

Matters, trying to sweap it under the rug of ad hom only leaves a visible lump anyone can see.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
the proof has been given here

anyone who cares to check will see them.

I know it gains you politically to lie here but lies also cause you to retain and create ideas based on lies.

bad info in

bad decisions out.

this is why your party is dying

Chris
10-07-2012, 12:12 PM

I know it gains you politically to lie here but lies also cause you to retain and create ideas based on lies.

bad info in

bad decisions out.

this is why your party is dying

Again, the faulty assumptions, I'm not a Republican. You fail to point out the lies. You have given no "proof."

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 12:13 PM
hahahahahahahah

yeah sure, OK

I bet you will still vote for robmoney huh

Chris
10-07-2012, 12:19 PM
hahahahahahahah

yeah sure, OK

I bet you will still vote for robmoney huh

No, I have stated publicly I will not vote for Romney.

What is the point of this on your part 253rd digression from the topic?

hanger4
10-07-2012, 12:24 PM

The link you gave to the other forum, just what is it you're trying to prove ??

Not being antagonistic just tryin' to get myself back on track.

I believe you're sincerely trying to argue a point but I got lost, I am lost or whatever.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:12 PM
read the thread the site justplainpolitics.com tells you all you need to know on the subject.

poster evince (me) and the thread hey guys remember when.

its all there no matter how many times you lie about it.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:13 PM
No, I have stated publicly I will not vote for Romney.

What is the point of this on your part 253rd digression from the topic?

good

now why do you defend the ideas he is espousing then?

why would you trust a economic source who could not see this mess coming?

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:17 PM
read the thread the site justplainpolitics.com tells you all you need to know on the subject.

Again, you may cite and source another forum but you may not spam it here. I've made that clear. Post your "proof" here if you wish to discuss it.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:18 PM
so your taking away my proof of what I said?

thanks

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I predeicted this crash.

Im told its OK

post 8

hanger4
10-07-2012, 01:20 PM

I've read your link.

What did you claim to predict ?? The recession or the housing bubble burst ??

I don't know why you're calling me a liar, I'm just tryin' find out WTF you're talkin' about.

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
so your taking away my proof of what I said?

thanks

Post it here, no one's stopping you but you.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't care but what does naming a site have to do with presenting your explanation of prediction here?

post 30

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:22 PM
post what here a screen shot?

it will have the sites name on it

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:22 PM
please dude you know I asked you a few times and didnt post it until you gave me the OK.

now you want to bury my proof?

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I predicted this crash and proved it with facts.

there is no reason for me to pretend that didnt happen so you can retain your hsitorically failed ideas

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
post 8

That states a claim. Now state your "proof".

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
post what here a screen shot?

it will have the sites name on it

Are you having trouble with posting citations? Everyone else seems able. Let me show you how--though this digression really belongs under http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/26-Technical-Issues-and-Questions, but, here:

Chavez's socialist rule at risk as Venezuelans vote (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/07/us-venezuela-election-idUSBRE89601Z20121007)
Hugo Chavez loyalists blew bugles in a wake up call for voters on Sunday as the Venezuelan leader faced the biggest electoral challenge yet to his socialist rule from a young rival tapping into discontent over crime and cronyism.

See, source and cite.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:28 PM
You mean post a link to the site and quote it?

that is what I was doing

hanger4
10-07-2012, 01:29 PM

You predicted the recession after the housing bubble burst and that young lady is high school civics/economics.

Chris
please dude you know I asked you a few times and didnt post it until you gave me the OK.

Citation and source is not a problem. spamming is. This has been clearly explained. If you have further questions about what is now a personal issue, PM a mod.

truthmatters
That states a claim. Now state your "proof".

already done several times you kjust pretend it has not been done.

being dishonest is NOT how you win over voters

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:30 PM
You mean post a link to the site and quote it?

that is what I was doing

No, it's not.

Chris

there is no reason for me to pretend that didnt happen so you can retain your hsitorically failed ideas

Present your proof here.

Chris
already done several times you kjust pretend it has not been done.

being dishonest is NOT how you win over voters

Where?

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:31 PM
You predicted the recession after the housing bubble burst and that young lady is high school civics/economics.

and like I said there have been new thread links added to that thread I linked to.

Get it .

you just lie about it ONLY being the jan /2008 date.

aslo the bubble bursst in dec 2007 not the date you claim.

I posted the link to that fact too

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:31 PM

Huh? I'm asking you to present your proof here.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Where?

go reread the thread.

your lies dont change the facts

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Huh? I'm asking you to present your proof here.

are you trying to trick me into something?

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:33 PM
and like I said there have been new thread links added to that thread I linked to.

Get it .

Everyone you disagree with instead of giving a counter argument you simply accuse of lying.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:33 PM
post 30

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:34 PM
are you trying to trick me into something?

No. I have asked you to present your proof here probably 2 dozen times.

truthmatters
how many times do I have to present the clear facts and have you deny them before you have any pangs of guilt for your lies?

Chris
post 30

Post 30? That does not present your proof.

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:35 PM
how many times do I have to present the clear facts and have you deny them before you have any pangs of guilt for your lies?

Once. Then we will discuss. Waving the white flag of ad hom is not presenting your case, it's digressing from it and the topic.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
chris you are a dishonest person.

your not a good guy

your a liar

i wouldnt trust anything you said or did now and forever unless you change your ways.

You deserve no power over any creature that walks the earth

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:36 PM
good day sirs.

Akula
10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
LMAO...how much longer will it go on?...
You guys are funny!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkUg1_p36SvhbJDIkT1PD2C7I4CVhYT 8LOSPcdNj1qECxKgJGN

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:38 PM
chris you are a dishonest person.

your not a good guy

your a liar

i wouldnt trust anything you said or did now and forever unless you change your ways.

You deserve no power over any creature that walks the earth

Ad hom.

Straw man, too, as I want no power over others.

And what's that got to do with your proof.

Start with your premises, what are they?

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:38 PM
good day sirs.

Bye, again.

truthmatters
10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Ad hom.

Straw man, too, as I want no power over others.

And what's that got to do with your proof.

Start with your premises, what are they?

You have power over people already

you can not lie about that

Chris
10-07-2012, 01:42 PM
You have power over people already

you can not lie about that

Straw man.

Thought you said bye?

hanger4
10-07-2012, 01:48 PM

Get it .

OMG I missed it by a whole month, maybe not;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_housing_bubble

No where in your links did you predict the housing bubble burst, if ya think ya did please post your quote !!

BTW you might what to date those posts early 06 or before.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I post this in loving memory of the departed again truthmatters;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHoUSXwVBY&feature=player_detailpage

Peter1469
10-07-2012, 01:55 PM

Great. You predicted the crash.

Now predict the next one. What do you see happening with the dollar if sequestration takes effect on 2 January 2013?

Akula
10-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Great. You predicted the crash.

Now predict the next one. What do you see happening with the dollar if sequestration takes effect on 2 January 2013?

Sequestration?
Are you crazy? Who cares?
Get her to give you the lottery numbers for next week!

Peter1469
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Sequestration?
Are you crazy? Who cares?
Get her to give you the lottery numbers for next week!

Well, there is that!

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 05:39 AM
so because I was warning people about the housing crash that was coming and proved it Im to be ridiculed and CNBC should be forgiven for NOT seeing it coming?

funny how things work in you guys minds

Chris
10-08-2012, 05:49 AM
so because I was warning people about the housing crash that was coming and proved it Im to be ridiculed and CNBC should be forgiven for NOT seeing it coming?

funny how things work in you guys minds

Rather, it's funny how you work things in your mind, matters. You claim proof but provide none. When people counter the meager facts and argument you do present here, rather than discuss it, you call them liars and try to play manipulative games.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 05:56 AM
chriis you are a lying sack of pig shit.

the proof is right here in this thread

Chris
10-08-2012, 05:57 AM

Ad hom.

No proof here in this thread.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 05:58 AM

this and

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 05:58 AM
there is a site I was on at the time called justplainpoltics.com

My name there at the time was deshrubinator.

people called me desh.

I have since changed my name there to evince.

If you go there and with me I can retrieve the posts that prove I did.

Or you can ask the owner which is damocles.

He is a libertarian and is the most honest mod I have ever met.

He would likely remember.

or you can ask uscitizen if hes there.

some of the right leaning posters might lie about it but the posts to PROVE I did would be there to prove them liars.

this

Chris
10-08-2012, 05:59 AM
this and

So your proof is "this and"? Not even a complete sentence.

Chris
10-08-2012, 06:00 AM
this

That's not a proof.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 06:00 AM
anyone who wants proof chris is a liar and I predicted this mess while cons told me I was stupid and insane can go to the site mentioned above.

just like they say here about anything people on the left say now.

Like robmoney they will say ANYTHING to win

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 06:54 AM
http://www.cepr.net/content/view/1415/220/

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/M_images/printButton.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/index.php/housing-market-monitor/credit-card-debt-soars-as-house-prices-plunge/print/)

http://ct5.addthis.com/static/btn/v2/lg-bookmark-en.gif (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=120&winname=addthis&pub=unknown&source=men-120&lng=en&s=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cepr.net%2Findex.php%2Fhousin g-market-monitor%2Fcredit-card-debt-soars-as-house-prices-plunge%2F&title=Credit%20Card%20Debt%20Soars%20as%20House%20 Prices%20Plunge&logo=&logobg=&logocolor=&ate=AT-unknown/-/-/507189760d1c938b/2&frommenu=1&uid=507189763ae1ca3d&ct=1&pre=http%3A%2F%2Fthepoliticalforums.com%2Fthreads% 2F6997-QE3-fails-Fed-is-out-of-bullets%2Fpage6&tt=0&captcha_provider=recaptcha)

January 9, 2008 (Housing Market Monitor)
Housing Market Monitor

January 9, 2008
By Dean Baker
“The current rate of house price decline will destroy $2.2 trillion of wealth this year."
The Federal Reserve Board reported yesterday that credit card debt rose at an 11.3 percent annual rate in November after rising at an 8.5 percent rate in October. By comparison, credit card debt rose at a rate between 2 percent and 4 percent from 2003 to 2005.

The explanation for this surge in credit card debt is that millions of homeowners are losing the ability to borrow against their home. In the last Flow of Funds release, the Fed reported that the ratio of homeowners’ equity to value stood at just 50.4 percent, down from 54.2 percent at the end of 2005, and 57.3 percent at the end of 2001. The ratio will almost certainly cross below 50 percent for the first time in history when the fourth quarter data is reported. This is a remarkably rapid decline, especially since the soaring home prices of recent years translated dollar for dollar into additional equity

I remember these days

no one on the right would admitt a mess was coming the CNBC were all bullish

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 06:58 AM

I gave you an explanation of theevents leading to the mess.

you ignored it.

You also gave me permission to post my evidence

hanger4
10-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I remember these days

no one on the right would admitt a mess was coming the CNBC were all bullish

With this quote, are you predicting the housing bubble burst or recission ??

Trinnity
10-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I gave you an explanation of theevents leading to the mess.

you ignored it.

You also gave me permission to post my evidenceYou have been warned repeatedly NOT to link to other forums as a cite because it's SPAM, yet you persist. DO NOT DO IT AGAIN.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:26 AM
I have not done it since you told me you didnt want me to.

why are you claiming I have?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:31 AM

honesty matters

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:32 AM
well guys you now all know I predidcted the crash when the people at CNBC could not predict the crash.

You know why?

because CNBC didnt want you to know about it in advance.

they want to be able to help the elite bilk you our of your money.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:34 AM

its the proof

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:36 AM
PM#30 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/6997-QE3-fails-Fed-is-out-of-bullets?p=152207&viewfull=1#post152207)Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/128-Chris)

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/site_icons/profile.png View Profile (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/128-Chris)
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/site_icons/forum.png View Forum Posts (http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=128&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/site_icons/message.png Private Message (http://thepoliticalforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=128)
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/site_icons/add.png Add as Contact (http://thepoliticalforums.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=buddy&u=128)

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/statusicon/user-online.png
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/custom/mod.png
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/custom/vip.png

http://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/progress/green.png

http://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/progress/blue.png

http://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/progress/red.png
Achievements:
http://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/people_dude4_16.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/recommendation_second_16.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/calendar_newred_3_16.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/signal_flag_blue_16.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/spheres_graphite_16.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/people_users2_16.pngAwards:
http://thepoliticalforums.com/xperience/icons/symbol_configuration_1_16.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.pnghttp://thepoliticalforums.com/image.php?u=128&dateline=1341530664 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/128-Chris) tPF Moderator Karma 1650Join Date Feb 2012Posts 4,913Points 15,136Level 29Thanks Given 107Thanked 906x in 683 PostsRep Power21

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by truthmattershttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=152205#post152205)

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/progress.gifhttp://thepoliticalforums.com/clear.gif Reply (http://thepoliticalforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=152207&noquote=1) http://thepoliticalforums.com/clear.gif Reply With Quote (http://thepoliticalforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=152207) http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=152207)Thanks (http://thepoliticalforums.com/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=152207&securitytoken=1349699741-ffdad66978701c77ad66903be5a8702eac17a0a5) (http://thepoliticalforums.com/reputation.php?do=addreputation&p=152207) (http://thepoliticalforums.com/report.php?p=152207)

hanger4
10-08-2012, 07:44 AM
well guys you now all know I predidcted the crash when the people at CNBC could not predict the crash.

You know why?

because CNBC didnt want you to know about it in advance.

they want to be able to help the elite bilk you our of your money.

WERE YOU PREDICTING THE HOUSING BUBBLE BURST OR THE RECESSION ??

Why is this so hard to answer ?? must be something wrong with the internets, truthmatters wouldn't ignore me, would you ??

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=truthmatters;152154]I predeicted this crash.

Im told its OK

post 8

I said I predicted the crash and I did.

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 08:14 AM

Why pig?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 08:16 AM
hahahahahahahahahahaah

oh you think Im muslim?

I dont like any organized religion.

I am an atheist

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
hahahahahahahahahahaah

oh you think Im muslim?

I am an atheist

That is sad.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:04 AM
why because you dont like atheists?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
OK truthmatters, seeing that you refuse to respond to my posts maybe this post will prompt a response.

First;

If you are claiming you predicted the housing bubble burst, and noting your posts from the other site are dated late 07, early 08 and late 08, and since the burst started in 06 and continued till bottoming out in late 08 your prediction is akin to watching a plane fall from the sky and saying it's gonna crash.

Rather easy I'd say.

Second;

If you were predicting the recession after the HB burst then that's rather elementary, seeing that the housing industry and all it entails is one of the strongest, if not the strongest economic indicator in the country.

Therefore, you have either LIED or your knowledge on the matter is sorely lacking.

I believe the latter, if truth really matters to you.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Prove it sarted in 06.

then please show anyone warning about it from the right at that momment

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
and BTW if you insist someone should have seen it at that point why didnt Bush do something about it intead of just letting it continue?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Prove it sarted in 06.

then please show anyone warning about it from the right at that momment

All ready have, but here it is again;

Beginings;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_housing_bubble

The warnings;

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
good you admitt it was Bushes fault.

Now when housong prices go down for a couple of months and thenStop going down does that mean people should call it a crash?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:22 AM
what made it a crash was the fact that they continued to go down and the banks continued to cash in more

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Bush stood by and let it happen instaed of stopping it huh?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
and BTW if you insist someone should have seen it at that point why didnt Bush do something about it intead of just letting it continue?

Bush did warn.

Now before you have a conniption fit over the source here is a quote from the source;

(I’m copying this post from the White House webpage in it’s entirety because I want people to read the whole thing).

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/the-white-house-warned-congress-about-fannie-mae-freddie-mac-17-times-in-2008-alone/

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:24 AM
I predeicted this crash.

Im told its OK

remember what I said?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
how many loans did F and F write?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
good you admitt it was Bushes fault.

Now when housong prices go down for a couple of months and thenStop going down does that mean people should call it a crash?

There is a lot more to the bubble burst than your partisan rants;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_United_States_housing_bubble

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:30 AM

2002: Annual home price appreciation of 10% or more in California, Florida, and most Northeastern states."Annual home-value growth at highest rate since 1980" (http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/3595974-1.html). http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/3595974-1.html. Retrieved 2008-10-06.

June 17:President G.W. Bush (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Presidency_of_George_W._Bush) sets goal of increasing minority home owners by at least 5.5 million by 2010 through tax credits, subsidies and a Fannie Mae commitment of $440 billion to establish NeighborWorks America (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/NeighborWorks_America) with faith-based organizations

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:32 AM

2007Year-to-year decreases in both U.S. home sales and home prices accelerates rather than slowing, with U.S. Treasury secretary Paulson (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Hank_Paulson) calling "the housing decline ... the most significant risk to our economy."[44] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-Paulson_2007-10-17-43) Home sales continue to fall. The decrease in existing-home sales is the steepest since 1989. In Q1/2007, S&P/Case-Shiller house price index (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/House_price_index) records first year-over-year decline in nationwide house prices since 1991.[45] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-44) The subprime mortgage (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Subprime_mortgage) industry collapses, foreclosure activity increases [46] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-twice-45) and rising interest rates threaten to depress prices further as problems in the subprime markets spread to the near-prime and prime mortgage markets.[47] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-CFC_warning-46)

February–ongoing: 2007 Subprime mortgage financial crisis (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/2007_Subprime_mortgage_financial_crisis) Subprime industry collapse; more than 25 subprime lenders declaring bankruptcy, announcing significant losses, or putting themselves up for sale.
April 2: New Century Financial (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/New_Century_Financial), largest U.S. subprime lender, files for chapter 11 bankruptcy.[48] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-CNN0407-47)
July 19: Dow Jones Industrial Average (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Dow_Jones_Industrial_Average) closes above 14,000 for the first time in its history.[49] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-48)
August: worldwide "credit crunch" as subprime mortgage backed securities are discovered in portfolios of banks and hedge funds around the world, from BNP Paribas (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/BNP_Paribas) to Bank of China (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Bank_of_China). Many lenders stop offering home equity loans and "stated income" loans. Federal Reserve injects about $100B into the money supply for banks to borrow at a low rate.

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:33 AM
2002: Annual home price appreciation of 10% or more in California, Florida, and most Northeastern states."Annual home-value growth at highest rate since 1980" (http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/3595974-1.html). http://www.allbusiness.com/finance/3595974-1.html. Retrieved 2008-10-06.

June 17:President G.W. Bush (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Presidency_of_George_W._Bush) sets goal of increasing minority home owners by at least 5.5 million by 2010 through tax credits, subsidies and a Fannie Mae commitment of $440 billion to establish NeighborWorks America (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/NeighborWorks_America) with faith-based organizations

That's a small part, but hardly the only reason.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:34 AM
why did Bush do nothing?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:37 AM
2007Year-to-year decreases in both U.S. home sales and home prices accelerates rather than slowing, with U.S. Treasury secretary Paulson (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Hank_Paulson) calling "the housing decline ... the most significant risk to our economy."[44] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-Paulson_2007-10-17-43) Home sales continue to fall. The decrease in existing-home sales is the steepest since 1989. In Q1/2007, S&P/Case-Shiller house price index (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/House_price_index) records first year-over-year decline in nationwide house prices since 1991.[45] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-44) The subprime mortgage (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Subprime_mortgage) industry collapses, foreclosure activity increases [46] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-twice-45) and rising interest rates threaten to depress prices further as problems in the subprime markets spread to the near-prime and prime mortgage markets.[47] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-CFC_warning-46)

February–ongoing: 2007 Subprime mortgage financial crisis (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/2007_Subprime_mortgage_financial_crisis) Subprime industry collapse; more than 25 subprime lenders declaring bankruptcy, announcing significant losses, or putting themselves up for sale.
April 2: New Century Financial (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/New_Century_Financial), largest U.S. subprime lender, files for chapter 11 bankruptcy.[48] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-CNN0407-47)
July 19: Dow Jones Industrial Average (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Dow_Jones_Industrial_Average) closes above 14,000 for the first time in its history.[49] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-48)
August: worldwide "credit crunch" as subprime mortgage backed securities are discovered in portfolios of banks and hedge funds around the world, from BNP Paribas (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/BNP_Paribas) to Bank of China (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Bank_of_China). Many lenders stop offering home equity loans and "stated income" loans. Federal Reserve injects about $100B into the money supply for banks to borrow at a low rate.

Now that you've read that you know your HB burst prediction was mostly hindsite.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:39 AM
the leadup to the crash iswhat I spotted.

I proved that and that is what I claimed.

you can not spot any trend with one months data

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Now why didnt Bush and robmoney spot the crash coming like I did?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
why did Bush do nothing?

Other than warn there wasn't much more he could do.

Could he have warned louder and more, absolutely, but it's still the Legislative branches responsibility.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Fand F wrote NO subprime.

how is it their fault?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Now that you've read that you know your HB burst prediction was mostly hindsite.

when did the bottom fall out of the econom?

you know what people call the crash?

hanger4
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
when did the bottom fall out of the econom?

you know what people call the crash?

So I'll ask again, which did you predict, the HB burst or the rescission ??

You're bouncing between the two, the HB burst and the rescission are not the same. The HB burst led to the rescission.

hanger4
10-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Fand F wrote NO subprime.

how is it their fault?

F&F doesn't write loans they guarantee them.

Would you credit the San José State University Department of Economics ??

The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them.

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime.htm

It's a bit of a read, but quite educational.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
the people who WROTE the sub prime and then HID it in mortage securities did this NOT F and F.

F and F were victims of the banksters duplicity.

hanger4
10-08-2012, 10:31 AM
the people who WROTE the sub prime and then HID it in mortage securities did this NOT F and F.

F and F were victims of the banksters duplicity.

They knew;

From 2002 to 2006, as the U.S. subprime market grew 292% over previous years, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac combined purchases of subprime securities rose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

And if they didn't, which they did, it would make them so incompetent the heads of and their congressional overs seers should ALL be in jail.

hanger4
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Truthmatters, you really should read the links I'm supplying plus any you find on the interwebs by economists, you'll soon realise the housing bubble rise and collapse was an all encompassing debacle and not a left vs right partisan talking points memo.

Chris
10-08-2012, 06:51 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaah

oh you think Im muslim?

I am an atheist

I am an atheist

BS. I don't believe you.

Chris
10-08-2012, 09:05 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0WgzcFAF_s728bSq8hj0xN6heYuJBq wTfWuPs2s9rX1k8-PMd

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3OncPRncrEBJfvG9Gwn6Tm0EUBU4jG yv5-ORXF4gp2vgOm3W38A

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSotJ1Hdx_4M1uO8d3N7v7WMx2Rlmz90 ph9UjXkqIQQZBRzDxDqgg

Right, but allow me to offer the following as a sort of metaphoric red herring:

http://snag.gy/2UjMm.jpg

And now I'd like to get back to the topic.

This is by the same economist, Arnold Kling, who wrote the earlier cited and sourced The Political Implications of Ignoring Our Own Ignorance (http://www.american.com/archive/2011/december/the-political-implications-of-ignoring-our-own-ignorance), which a tiger on my tail cannot grasp.

This article is How to Think about QE3 (http://www.american.com/archive/2012/october/how-to-think-about-qe3):
...When it comes to QE3, while there is no solid professional consensus on which to draw, I can boil the issue down to two questions. First, will QE3 raise inflation? That is, will inflation be higher than it would have been without QE3?

Second, will the inflation-unemployment tradeoff be favorable? That is, will we get a large gain in employment with relatively little pain in terms of higher inflation? Or will we get a lot of pain for little or no gain?...

< snip definitions/explanations of Foreign Currency Intervention, Quantitative Easing as Sterilized Intervention and The Phillips Curve, Revisited, re the 70s >

...Overall, the possible outcomes are as follows:

1. If QE3 operates like sterilized intervention, we will see some short-term reductions in the cost of certain types of long-term borrowing, but these effects will soon dissipate. In the end, the economy will proceed along the same path as it would have without QE3. I put the probability of this at 20 percent.

2. If QE3 operates like unsterilized intervention or like sterilized intervention with a credibility kicker, and the Phillipsians are correct, then QE3 will put us on a slightly higher inflationary path with significantly lower unemployment. I put the probability of this at 30 percent.

3. If QE3 operates like unsterilized intervention or like sterilized intervention with a credibility kicker, but the Phillipsians are incorrect, then QE3 will put us on a significantly higher inflationary path with little effect on unemployment. I put the probability of this at 50 percent.

Unfortunately, assessing the actual result will be difficult, even after the fact. It will be tempting to compare the state of the macroeconomy 12 to 18 months from now with the state of the economy today. However, the relevant comparison is between the state of the economy 12 to 18 months from now and what it would have been without QE3. This is not an experiment that we are capable of running.

truthmatters
10-09-2012, 07:08 AM
whats with the racist imagery?