PDA

View Full Version : Hussein vows to keep free Birth Control mandate

Calypso Jones
10-06-2012, 03:08 PM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-free-birth-control-mandate-thats-why-we-passed-lawwe-are-going-keep-it

This is the new bread and circuses. Well who is gonna pay for it? Will screwing each others brains out for free make up for China, Russian, Venezuela, Cuba, Muslim Brotherhood invading and conquering america?

GrassrootsConservative
10-06-2012, 03:38 PM
To be fair, the Muslim Brotherhood isn't really invading us when we elect one of them as president.

Conley
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Weird I thought Saddam was dead....

roadmaster
10-06-2012, 10:10 PM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-free-birth-control-mandate-thats-why-we-passed-lawwe-are-going-keep-it

This is the new bread and circuses. Well who is gonna pay for it? Will screwing each others brains out for free make up for China, Russian, Venezuela, Cuba, Muslim Brotherhood invading and conquering america?

Taxpayers always pays but it's better than seeing a baby dieing on a table or in the trash. Even the younger ones that they call a blog has eyelashes , you can tell what they are.

Adelaide
10-06-2012, 10:11 PM

First of all, the health and safety of women is a legitimate domestic issue whether or not you agree/disagree with the birth control issue, abortion, funding for planned parenthood or whatnot. Just take the massive defunding of rape and domestic violence support centers which is occurring across the United States.

It might not impact you, but it's very important to about half the population.

As for the actual birth control issue; I'm personally torn on it because I don't think that it's right to violate the freedom of religion of employers who are against contraception on religious grounds. At the same time, I don't think that an employer's belief system should effect the quality of coverage available to women (or men). Birth control has many advantages, both medically and financially. It will cut down on medical costs associated with pregnany and birth. It will limit the amount of people seeking out abortion services. Birth control can control acne, regulate menstrual cycles, reduce pain and symptoms associated with menstruation, reduce the risk of gynecological cancers and ovarian cycts, and control the symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease. It can greatly improve our quality of life in so many ways.

And guess what? Not everyone taking birth control is out "slutting" it up. Most women my age have been on the pill or another form of birth control (IUD, implants, etc), since our mid to late teens for all sorts of reasons.

Captain Obvious
10-07-2012, 04:12 AM
First of all, the health and safety of women is a legitimate domestic issue whether or not you agree/disagree with the birth control issue, abortion, funding for planned parenthood or whatnot. Just take the massive defunding of rape and domestic violence support centers which is occurring across the United States.

As for the actual birth control issue; I'm personally torn on it because I don't think that it's right to violate the freedom of religion of employers who are against contraception on religious grounds. At the same time, I don't think that an employer's belief system should effect the quality of coverage available to women (or men). Birth control has many advantages, both medically and financially. It will cut down on medical costs associated with pregnany and birth. It will limit the amount of people seeking out abortion services. Birth control can control acne, regulate menstrual cycles, reduce pain and symptoms associated with menstruation, reduce the risk of gynecological cancers and ovarian cycts, and control the symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease. It can greatly improve our quality of life in so many ways.

And guess what? Not everyone taking birth control is out "slutting" it up. Most women my age have been on the pill or another form of birth control (IUD, implants, etc), since our mid to late teens for all sorts of reasons.

Exactly.

Birth control is popular even in Catholic women ranks. The only reason this is an issue is because it's being politicized.

It's cheap and it's cost effective and people widely desire and use it.

patrickt
10-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Taxpayers always pays but it's better than seeing a baby dieing on a table or in the trash. Even the younger ones that they call a blog has eyelashes , you can tell what they are.

Then let the taxpayers pay directly. President Obama wants to force Catholic organizations and businesses run by Catholics to kneel in front of him, the king. The man who refused to vote for a bill to stop babies born alive during abortions being killed certainly can't take any sort of high road on the topic.

Better birth control would make some abortions unnecessary both would not stop babies from dying in the trash. It's a liberal right to kill them.

Whether birth control is popular with individuals or not isn't the issue. No one is stopping individuals from getting birth control. I would support the government handing out contraceptives with their Obama Phones. But, forcing people whose religious forbids birth control and abortion to provide both to Ms. Fluke is wrong. It's an attack on the Constitution by a megalomaniac.

The strategy for our irresponsible administration is to find someone else to blame and someone else to tax and someone else to pay.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
nothing is free guys. Especially from the federal gov't.

No party is going to stop abortion unfortunately. And no party is going to stop birth control meds or the use of them. But you're gonna have to pay for these yourselves. Take responsibility for yourselves.

waltky
09-07-2016, 03:32 AM
Birth control pill reduces ovarian cancer deaths...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif
Birth pill cutting ovary cancer deaths: Study
Wednesday 7th September, 2016: Deaths from ovarian cancer fell significantly in Western countries from 2002 to 2012 and should continue declining largely thanks to widespread contraceptive pill use, researchers said Tuesday (Sep 6).

Deaths fell 16 per cent in the United States, 10 per cent in the 28 European Union nations excluding Cyprus, for which there was no data, and eight per cent in Canada. In Japan, which has a lower ovarian cancer rate than many other countries, the death rate fell two per cent, said a study published in the Annals of Oncology. In Australia and New Zealand, deaths declined 12 per cent from 2002 to 2011 - the most recent year for which data was available. "The main reason for the favourable trends is the use of oral contraceptives," the authors wrote. "The falls were greater in young and middle-aged women than in the elderly, and earlier and larger in the USA, the UK and northern Europe," they said. "These are the countries where oral contraceptives (OCs) - which have a long-term protective effect on ovarian cancer risk - were introduced earlier and used more frequently."

A decline in hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to manage menopausal symptoms, as well as better cancer diagnosis and treatment, may also have played a role. HRT, which uses oestrogen or progestogen to ease menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, vaginal dryness and a low sex drive, is thought to increase the risk of ovarian cancer - by as much as 40 percent according to a 2015 study. The pill, on the other hand, is generally accepted to protect against the disease, dubbed a "silent killer" as it is often spotted too late. Other research, though, has linked the contraceptive to an elevated risk of cancer of the breast, as well as heart attack and stroke.

The latest study, which had no numbers on Africa, said the pattern of decrease was inconsistent between countries. Among European nations, the fall ranged from 0.6 per cent in Hungary to over 28 per cent in Estonia, with Bulgaria showing an increase. In Latin America, deaths decreased in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, but rose in Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico and Venezuela. Based on data from the World Health Organization, the team projected that ovary cancer deaths will decline by another 15 per cent in the United States until 2020, and by 10 per cent in the EU and Japan.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/birth-pill-cutting-ovary-cancer-deaths-study/3105630.html

Mac-7
09-07-2016, 03:46 AM

And guess what? Not everyone taking birth control is out "$#@!ting" it up. Most women my age have been on the pill or another form of birth control (IUD, implants, etc), since our mid to late teens for all sorts of reasons.

Very few women are so poor that they cant afford to pay for their own birth control.