PDA

View Full Version : Boehner's replacement, my buddy Warren

Docthehun
09-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Bet it won't fly.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/national-govt-politics/davidson-wants-congress-to-get-health-care-from-va/nsXXW/

texan
09-15-2016, 04:29 PM
She is so overrated. Notice how she was attacking the crap out of Trump in the news everyday and then she didn't get picked and disappeared. Such a opportunistic fraud.

Green Arrow
09-15-2016, 04:41 PM
She is so overrated. Notice how she was attacking the crap out of Trump in the news everyday and then she didn't get picked and disappeared. Such a opportunistic fraud.

Yes, of course - if the media doesn't report it, it doesn't happen.

FindersKeepers
09-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Did you guys read the same OP link I did?

Anyway, it'd be a good idea to have Congress experience the same healthcare issues our veterans have to experience. They won't, of course. But, if they did, they might understand the need to fix the problem.

Green Arrow
09-15-2016, 05:44 PM
Did you guys read the same OP link I did?

Anyway, it'd be a good idea to have Congress experience the same healthcare issues our veterans have to experience. They won't, of course. But, if they did, they might understand the need to fix the problem.

I did, I was just making a point about the silliness of what he said. I don't think he read the link at all - he just saw "Warren" and started off.

Bethere
09-16-2016, 02:12 AM

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/national-govt-politics/davidson-wants-congress-to-get-health-care-from-va/nsXXW/

I like it, but instead I think they should have to buy on the state exchanges.

He's my rep, too. What thinketh ye on a personal level?

Bethere
09-16-2016, 02:16 AM

Warren is a guy.

Docthehun
09-16-2016, 06:57 AM
I like it, but instead I think they should have to buy on the state exchanges.

He's my rep, too. What thinketh ye on a personal level?

I'd be okay with them relegated to the state exchanges.

In a nutshell, he's a straight shooter and seemed excited about entering the fray. I told him I'd get back with him next year and see if anything has changed. He's no politician, but that of course can change. I liked Boehner on a personal basis, but he ended up surrounding himself with idiots. Like many things, we'll see how Warren fairs when he hits the turf. On a positive note, he already has surpassed Jim Jordan on the number of bills introduced. Jordan, by the way, is considered near the bottom of House members when it comes to being involved with legislation. He's pals with Trey "I was a mediocre attorney" Gowdy. Who you hang with is a fair barometer of your character so I label Jim a "wannabe" even though he's probably a decent guy. Court's still out on Warren.

donttread
09-16-2016, 11:20 AM

I kinda like the guy. Mostly because he's NOT John Boehner who was quite possibly the most openly corrupt, plastic mother fucker in DC except for Hilary.
I like this move. Of course it's a gesture, almost all of congress have businesses , other jobs, well insured spouses and or are simply rich enough to buy any plan they wish. They'd never go in and tolerate the waits and conditions are vets are asked to.
Still, it's a gesture that needs to be made.