PDA

View Full Version : Report: Hillary Clinton is stealing from her poorest supporters

stjames1_53
09-16-2016, 05:15 PM
Report: Hillary Clinton is stealing from her poorest supportersPosted on September 16, 2016September 16, 2016 (http://personalliberty.com/report-hillary-clinton-stealing-poorest-supporters/) by Sam Rolley (http://personalliberty.com/author/samrolleypl/)

https://plnami.blob.core.windows.net/media/2016/07/US_NEWS_CLINTON_14_PH-e1470081012692-800x500.jpgIn a move that honest, hard-working Americans might describe as “deplorable,” the Clinton campaign is allegedly using fraudulent tactics to bilk money from its poorest donors.
In early June, a Minnesota NBC affiliate told viewers the story of an 81-year-old Clinton supporter who was repeatedly billed for donations she never made to Clintons campaign.
From the KARE11 report (http://www.kare11.com/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-unauthorized-charges-by-clinton-campaign/229158541):

“I always did vote democrat,” said 81-year-old Carol Mahre of Maplewood as she burst into laughter. “It’s not a laughing matter,” she added “but it’s better than crying about it.”
What has the widow and former MN election judge deciding between laughter and tears is the string of charges to her credit card made by “Hillary For America” – Hillary Clinton’s election campaign.
“I thought oh what the hell I’ll give them $25,” she told KARE 11. “You know I’m not rich, so I sent them $25 and then they started just taking it out,” said Mahre as she described donating on the official Clinton campaign website back in March.
She says she intended to make a one-time donation, but when her credit card bill arrived she discovered repeated charges.
According to reports, the Clinton campaign billed the elderly support for just under $100 in charges. The monetary threshold of $100 is important, according to reports, because anything less usually doesn’t trigger a fraud investigation.
A follow-up on Mahre’s situation by The Observer (which is published by Donald Trump’s son-in-law) suggests that the widow wasn’t the only one shafted by Clinton’s campaign machine.
From the report (http://observer.com/2016/09/exclusive-hillary-clinton-campaign-systematically-overcharging-poorest-donors/):

The overcharges are occurring so often that the fraud department at one of the nation’s biggest banks receives up to 100 phone calls a day from Clinton’s small donors asking for refunds for unauthorized charges to their bankcards made by Clinton’s campaign. One elderly Clinton donor, who has been a victim of this fraud scheme, has filed a complaint with her state’s attorney general and a representative from the office told her that they had forwarded her case to the Federal Election Commission.
“We get up to a hundred calls a day from Hillary’s low-income supporters complaining about multiple unauthorized charges,” a source, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of job security, from the Wells Fargo fraud department told the Observer. The source claims that the Clinton campaign has been pulling this stunt since Spring of this year. The Hillary for America campaign will overcharge small donors by repeatedly charging small amounts such as $20 to the bankcards of donors who made a one-time donation. However, the Clinton campaign strategically doesn’t overcharge these donors $100 or more because the bank would then be obligated to investigate the fraud.
Clinton’s campaign reportedly had a similar racket of overcharging donors during her failed 2008 presidential attempt.

http://personalliberty.com/report-hillary-clinton-stealing-poorest-supporters/

Peter1469
09-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Her entire political career is made up of criminality and policy failures. Nobody is shocked by this.

AZ Jim
09-16-2016, 05:38 PM
Her entire political career is made up of criminality and policy failures. Nobody is shocked by this.You are full of shit. People who use a credit card for subscriptions, donations and related fail to read them. On most if it's a one time gift you must check off a box saying no recurring charges. Failure to read is the problem. As to you peter, I don't know what your problem is but I sure as hell don't want it. BTW I assume you know Hillary does not personally do the billing on her campaign.

Peter1469
09-16-2016, 05:39 PM
I can delete the duplicate post if you like. Or is it needed for emphasis?

del
09-16-2016, 05:40 PM
having to opt out of making the gift recurring would be the kind of sleazeball maneuver i'd expect from either of the douchebags currently running.

Peter1469
09-16-2016, 05:41 PM
having to opt out of making the gift recurring would be the kind of sleazeball maneuver i'd expect from either of the douchebags currently running.

Good point.

stjames1_53
09-16-2016, 07:54 PM
You are full of $#@!. People who use a credit card for subscriptions, donations and related fail to read them. On most if it's a one time gift you must check off a box saying no recurring charges. Failure to read is the problem. As to you peter, I don't know what your problem is but I sure as hell don't want it. BTW I assume you know Hillary does not personally do the billing on her campaign.

sure as hell makes me feel all oozey all over. Let's take advantage of old folks.............I wonder if they had such a check box available on their form.
They [Clinton Campaign] deliberately keep it under on hundred dollars so it DOESN'T get flagged by her bank, and they damned well know it

The overcharges are occurring so often that the fraud department at one of the nation’s biggest banks receives up to 100 phone calls a day from Clinton’s small donors asking for refunds for unauthorized charges to their bankcards made by Clinton’s campaign. One elderly Clinton donor, who has been a victim of this fraud scheme, has filed a complaint with her state’s attorney general and a representative from the office told her that they had forwarded her case to the Federal Election Commission.

She's [Hillary] nothing but a common criminal. If they were above board, the campaign should have no problem refunding these people's money..but it seems they do have a problem with giving unsolicited funds back to the people who request them.
Lesson earned? Don't give Hillary your card number, she'll spend you into the poor house

Green Arrow
09-16-2016, 09:15 PM
You are full of shit. People who use a credit card for subscriptions, donations and related fail to read them. On most if it's a one time gift you must check off a box saying no recurring charges. Failure to read is the problem. As to you peter, I don't know what your problem is but I sure as hell don't want it. BTW I assume you know Hillary does not personally do the billing on her campaign.

I just went to Hillary's campaign website, clicked "donate," put in my information (I made it up - I don't want them collecting my actual information), and when it got to putting in my bank account information, it has a box to check to MAKE it a recurring charge, but not one to opt out of recurring charges.

So, failure to read isn't a problem, but a failure to know what you're talking about is your problem for sure.