PDA

View Full Version : Eastwooding Mohammad

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 06:39 PM
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/213822.php

Shortest 13 minutes you'll ever spend in your life. If you are convinced that islam is evil and a blight on humanity well. you're right. Finally some truth in a format that even muslim apologists can understand. Pass. IT. Around.

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I want the shirt he's wearing. That's really patriotic and cool.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 07:40 PM
You should check out Bass Pro and also Camping World. I got my husband's at Bass Pro and he gets compliments on that thing all the time.

Trinnity
10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Haven't watched the viddy yet, but I will be....

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought it would be trying...so i said i'd watch 3 to 4 minutes at a time. I was at 6 and i was really into it. Great questions, of course no answers from the mohammy chair. These people have done exactly to other people what they are screaming for bans against now. Mohammad was a vicious, ignorant child abusing probably schizo L.ron Hubbard. With quotes from the quran.

oceanloverOH
10-07-2012, 07:47 PM
An excellent piece, CJ, thank you for posting it here.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
believe me. it was My pleasure.

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Listening to it in the background, but I do want to say this:
Christians of the past were no better, the Crusades were Christians killing people for religious reasons. Hitler was a sort of a Christian. When we first came to America as Christians hundreds of years ago, we drove Native Americans out of their land and took over. History shows us there is, has never been, and probably never will be a religion as violent and with such a huge death toll as Christianity.
All religions are bad. Sorry, just using Christianity as an example when I'm stating the obvious.

oceanloverOH
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I disagree, GC. Christianity has evolved quite a bit, even in th last few hundred years. IMO, religion itself is not a bad thing. What's bad is when a wrong-thinking person interprets the dogma incorrectly, then passes their own poor interpretation as truth. Wisdom is knowing the difference.

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Christians of the past were no better, the Crusades were Christians killing people for religious reasons. Hitler was a sort of a Christian. When we first came to America as Christians hundreds of years ago, we drove Native Americans out of their land and took over. History shows us there is, has never been, and probably never will be a religion as violent and with such a huge death toll as Christianity.
All religions are bad. Sorry, just using Christianity as an example when I'm stating the obvious.

You are correct.

And, in fact, more than one pope ordered wars for the sake of his personal wealth. But, with a fee exceptions, those actions have ended as mankind has matured emotionally and spiritually. In Jesus time, women were chattel which He preached against. Today, Christian women in most areas are equal to men.

Islam though, and I think this is the point of the video, has not progressed and remains savage.

As he points out, cleaning up the language is NOT going to make the savagery any less savage.

hanger4
10-07-2012, 08:07 PM

One big difference Grassroots the Bible/Jesus doesn't teach violence and the Quran/Mohammad does.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 08:08 PM

GC. Didn't you hear the video. 20,000 terrorist attacks since 9-11-01 and 270,000,000 people killed over 14 centuries. no. I think i'd have to say that they have far exceeded anything any christian has done. And way more for the non-christian leaders dealing out death too. Not saying that any are better than the others but let's get the right perspective on this. You can't exonerate muslims by claiming christians are just as bad. They aren't. Mislead christians did some of those things in the past. Muslims are still doing them and we see no sign of them letting up. Indeed they are getting Worse.

Secondly. You need to find some actual american history instead of the PC crap that is pushed as history today. The pilgrims actually treated the indians very good. Paid them for their goods and treated them as equals. They were even equals in courts of law and their word was taken as good as any european. I know what you've heard passed off in history class. Get a good history book by Charles Coffin or David Barton and get the truth for once.

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
One big difference Grassroots the Bible/Jesus doesn't teach violence and the Quran/Mohammad does.

Yep. And Hitler, The Crusaders, and other past "Christians" were all violent people. I'm going to say this once and then I'm going to leave this thread for good because of the outbursts that will follow.
Religion is a terrible falsehood. If you're a religious person the best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut about it. Speak aloud about religion and someone who's views conflict with yours, what will come of it is either a fight or a silent brooding of hate.
Religion is nothing but a means of which to judge and disagree with your fellow human beings. Religion halts technological advancements. Remember all those philosophers of the past who had these crazy (Crazy here means absolutely true but not accepted because of religion) ideas but they were shunned and sometimes executed because of the religious views of the leaders at the time?
Fuck religion.

oceanloverOH
10-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Yep. And Hitler, The Crusaders, and other past "Christians" were all violent people. I'm going to say this once and then I'm going to leave this thread for good because of the outbursts that will follow.
Religion is a terrible falsehood. If you're a religious person the best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut about it. Speak aloud about religion and someone who's views conflict with yours, what will come of it is either a fight or a silent brooding of hate.
Religion is nothing but a means of which to judge and disagree with your fellow human beings. Religion halts technological advancements. Remember all those philosophers of the past who had these crazy (Crazy here means absolutely true but not accepted because of religion) ideas but they were shunned and sometimes executed because of the religious views of the leaders at the time?
Fuck religion.

No outbursts from me, GC; no fights and no brooding. I will never tell anyone to shut up about their views, unless it's a character attack, and your statements were not. I can totally disagree with everything you said.....and still support your right to say it and believe it.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm not coming in to take your head off GC but i have a different view. I won't even say you're wrong. You are however ignoring the fact that many scientists used the bible sometimes to initiate a study to see what was what. For instance Galileo in defending his scientific principles in one of his letters to Madam Christina said, "I think in the first place that it is very pious to say and prudent to affirm that the Holy Bible can never speak untruth--whenever its true meaning is understood. There was a time in this world that the Bible was held as holy and as a path to truth. Not just spiritual but physical...as in geographical in this instance.

Now you try saying what you just said to a muslim and see where it gets you.

Galileo used Amos 9:6 where God 'calls for the water of the sea. He pours it out on the land.' to develope one of his scientific theories which proved to be correct. Amos predates the hydrological cycle by several centuries.

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Fuck religion.

With all due respect, and I do mean respect, you show your ignorance of the Bible and its context.

Religion is man's invention. Do you know, for example, that there is NO Biblical direction that man should attend church? In fact, much of the teachings, particularly in the New Testament reflect God's displeasure with the corruption of His intent.

So, to begin with, you have to make a distinction between faith and religion and yet another distinction between God and religion. My personal view is that the biggest problem with religion is that people are in it.

Yes, a lot of wrong has been done in the name of God. Those who have done so will have to answer to God and I'm pretty sure that should I make it into His realm in the next life, I won't be sharing it with some of the Popes and a whole whack of priests, but rather some whores and alcoholics and low-lifes for whom Jesus suffered and died....

Leaving a forum after a post like that is beneath you, sir. I know you better than that.

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm not coming in to take your head off GC but i have a different view. I won't even say you're wrong. You are however ignoring the fact that many scientists used the bible sometimes to initiate a study to see what was what. For instance Galileo in defending his scientific principles in one of his letters to Madam Christina said, "I think in the first place that it is very pious to say and prudent to affirm that the Holy Bible can never speak untruth--whenever its true meaning is understood. There was a time in this world that the Bible was held as holy and as a path to truth. Not just spiritual but physical...as in geographical in this instance.

Now you try saying what you just said to a muslim and see where it gets you.

Galileo used Amos 9:6 where God 'calls for the water of the sea. He pours it out on the land.' to develope one of his scientific theories which proved to be correct. Amos predates the hydrological cycle by several centuries.

In fact, some atheist scientists have used the Bible as historical reference to prove their point.

We must all remember that the Bible is a collection of stories which reflect the culture and beliefs of the time. Certainly, even the most educated Biblical scholar would not suggest that we burn down our homes because we have mildew - Leviticus - but rather use that reference to show that they were, then, a people ungoverned and turned to their prophets for guidance.

The challenge with the Bible is understanding the historical perspective.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 08:59 PM
In fact, some atheist scientists have used the Bible as historical reference to prove their point.

We must all remember that the Bible is a collection of stories which reflect the culture and beliefs of the time. Certainly, even the most educated Biblical scholar would not suggest that we burn down our homes because we have mildew - Leviticus - but rather use that reference to show that they were, then, a people ungoverned and turned to their prophets for guidance.

The challenge with the Bible is understanding the historical perspective.

well that's interesting. Post a link for that first or explain it please so i'll know what you're talking about.

you know. Mildew is dangerous to health. So maybe God was doing his best to keep his chosen people healthy and disease free as well as clean. I'm sure there must be a good reason, maybe i hit on it, maybe God has another reason. These were not ungoverned people, they had leaders, they had God. To have travelled around the desert for forty years and not die is some kind of evidence to that fact. I'm okay with the bible showing us life at the time it was written but the main points are as relevant today as they were then.

roadmaster
10-07-2012, 09:09 PM

No you are wrong about Hitler. He was not anywhere near a Christian in fact he hated them when he got older. The only reason he didn't kill them was because of his mother. Have you read his books?

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
No you are wrong about Hitler. He was not anywhere near a Christian in fact he hated them when he got older. The only reason he didn't kill them was because of his mother. Have you read his books?

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/john_murphy/religionofhitler.html

Hitler seeking power, wrote in Mein Kampf. "... I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews. I am doing the Lord's work." Years later, when in power, he quoted those same words in a Reichstag speech in 1938.
Three years later he informed General Gerhart Engel: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." He never left the church, and the church never left him. Great literature was banned by his church, but his miserable Mien Kampf never appeared on the Index of Forbidden Books.
He was not excommunicated or even condemned by his church. Popes, in fact, contracted with Hitler and his fascist friends Franco and Mussolini, giving them veto power over whom the pope could appoint as a bishop in Germany, Spain and Italy. The three thugs agreed to surtax the Catholics of their countries and send the money to Rome in exchange for making sure the state could control the church.
Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and microphones. Acclaimed Hitler biographer, John Toland, explains his heartlessness as follows: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god..."

/edit: I do my research, I don't say stuff just because I think it. It's stuff I know. Sorry if your definition of "Christian" is different from other people's but that is the way it is.

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 09:13 PM
well that's interesting. Post a link for that first or explain it please so i'll know what you're talking about.

you know. Mildew is dangerous to health. So maybe God was doing his best to keep his chosen people healthy and disease free as well as clean. I'm sure there must be a good reason, maybe i hit on it, maybe God has another reason. These were not ungoverned people, they had leaders, they had God. To have travelled around the desert for forty years and not die is some kind of evidence to that fact. I'm okay with the bible showing us life at the time it was written but the main points are as relevant today as they were then.

I may be mistaken, but when much of Leviticus was written they had no king. I have no reference, at least not yet. I start my Biblical education [non degree] next month.

But here is an example:

"Some pharisees came and tested him by asking "is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife."
"What did Moses comand you?" he replied.
They said "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."

"It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote this law." Jesus replied: "But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man separate." Mark 10:2-10

Now, that is often interpreted to say that divorce is not permitted. In my teaching not so. Notice He says "Because your hearts were hardened." He is pointing an accusing finger back at the pharisees.

At the time of Moses law, it had become custom for a man to fire his wife for any reason whatsoever. And the law of certificate actually protected women of the day allowing them to marry again. In this case, the question asked of him is a trap. A woman named Herodeous [?] had just divorced her husband, which was not kosher to marry a man who had divorced his wife, kind of "Days of our lives" of the time.

With that historical perspective, Jesus is telling them that women are not chattel to be used and discarded, but to be honored through Moses' law.

Again, the historical perspective is everything.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Hitler was an occultist. More than one individual in their rise to power or infamy have had the help of satan in putting on that cloak of christianity.

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 09:16 PM

You do realize that Hitler was insane don't you?

Using him as a reference to condemn Christianity is like using Hannibal Lecter to condemn psychiatry.

Besides, I do not follow the Jewish Carpenter because I am righteous, I follow him because I am not...

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Hitler was an occultist. More than one individual in their rise to power or infamy have had the help of satan in putting on that cloak of christianity.

Nonetheless what you consider him to be, he WAS a Christian. He worshiped the same God as you do. I posted a link in post 20.

roadmaster
10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Nonetheless what you consider him to be, he WAS a Christian. He worshiped the same God as you do. I posted a link in post 20.

He was not a Christian. Only non-believers say this. He did use the Catholic Church. The man worshiped demnuts or Darwin.

roadmaster
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
You do realize that Hitler was insane don't you?

Using him as a reference to condemn Christianity is like using Hannibal Lecter to condemn psychiatry.

Besides, I do not follow the Jewish Carpenter because I am righteous, I follow him because I am not...

No but he was clever. A wolf in sheep clothing.

roadmaster
10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Look at Jim Jones. He picked people he could control. Was he a Christian, no way. How can people be so blind?

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Look at Jim Jones. He picked people he could control. Was he a Christian, no way. How can people be so blind?

There are many who claim to be Christian who are not, do not follow even the basic principles.

I would suggest that we, as per the rules of the forum, return to the topic which is Islam.

If we want to discuss the failings of Christianity, start yet another ad nauseum thread on that.

Thank you.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I may be mistaken, but when much of Leviticus was written they had no king. I have no reference, at least not yet. I start my Biblical education [non degree] next month.

But here is an example:

"Some pharisees came and tested him by asking "is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife."
"What did Moses comand you?" he replied.
They said "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."

"It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote this law." Jesus replied: "But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man separate." Mark 10:2-10

Now, that is often interpreted to say that divorce is not permitted. In my teaching not so. Notice He says "Because your hearts were hardened." He is pointing an accusing finger back at the pharisees.

At the time of Moses law, it had become custom for a man to fire his wife for any reason whatsoever. And the law of certificate actually protected women of the day allowing them to marry again. In this case, the question asked of him is a trap. A woman named Herodeous [?] had just divorced her husband, which was not kosher to marry a man who had divorced his wife, kind of "Days of our lives" of the time.

With that historical perspective, Jesus is telling them that women are not chattel to be used and discarded, but to be honored through Moses' law.

Again, the historical perspective is everything.

I'm sorry GC. i don't get the point of this. Is this an example in which an atheist uses the scripture to prove a secular bit of history or to prove the bible wrong?

Moses was clearly the leader, after God, of the Israelites during this time period. Along with Aaron and Miriam and Joshua as his military leader. So. They were not without a leader.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
There are many who claim to be Christian who are not, do not follow even the basic principles.

I would suggest that we, as per the rules of the forum, return to the topic which is Islam.

If we want to discuss the failings of Christianity, start yet another ad nauseum thread on that.

Thank you.

okay. we can get back to the topic at hand but i'd still like some clarification in which an atheist has used the bible for some point of his own. thanks.

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
okay. we can get back to the topic at hand but i'd still like some clarification in which an atheist has used the bible for some point of his own. thanks.

I have never made any such suggestion

Clearly you know more about the bible than I

roadmaster
10-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Islam is being overrun by wolfs. Too many people out their looking for answers and they are there. There is a difference in war and killing for a God. They have been teaching this for years even before we invaded. Strapping bombs to young kids.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Somehow it has gotten misdirected. I think i was talking to GC GRASSROOTS. I'd have to go back and see where this got off track. IF you made no reference to an atheist using the bible to prove an atheist's point of something then i apologize. It's late. I was interested in that point.

If i typed in CG instead of GC i apologize for that too. I wouldn't call another conservative by some leftist's screen name.

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:48 PM

apologizing again. Big mistake. Let's drop it? okay?

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 09:52 PM
apologizing again. Big mistake. Let's drop it? okay?

Hey no problem, my friend. It is indeed late and I over reacted...

We're beautiful in fact

Deadwood
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Everybody now...

"kUMBAYA....."

LOL

Calypso Jones
10-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I'll get the marshmallows.

roadmaster
10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
But I wanted to argue.

Carygrant
10-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Today's version of the KKK .

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 07:36 AM

That does not seem to make any sense. Care to expand?

GrassrootsConservative
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM

I think Muslims are a lot worse than the KKK. The KKK is TERRIBLE, yes, but they never killed nearly as many people as Muslims do.
I do agree with your basis though, they're both very awful groups.

Canadianeye
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I think Muslims are a lot worse than the KKK. The KKK is TERRIBLE, yes, but they never killed nearly as many people as Muslims do.

I think it is pointless when people bring about ancient atrocities, ie christians vs muslims, although it always leads to a victory from the right wing christian perspective.

Muslims are still defined by barbarism. It is not a religion, it is (currently) an armed political ideology.

Calypso Jones
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
not to mention it's goal of subjugating the world. Doesn't sound like party-time to me.

GrassrootsConservative
10-08-2012, 09:00 PM
not to mention it's goal of subjugating the world. Doesn't sound like party-time to me.

Christians are the same way. I've met so many countless "come to church with me on sunday" Christians it's not even funny anymore.

Calypso Jones
10-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Christians are the same way. I've met so many countless "come to church with me on sunday" Christians it's not even funny anymore.

really? I wouldn't ask you to come to church with me. We've got our own little group and i wouldn't think of bringing in an outsider. :wink: just kidding GRC. How are you with handling snakes?

roadmaster
10-08-2012, 10:32 PM

I don't believe I have ever said that to anyone. Have been asked if they could come.

Deadwood
10-08-2012, 10:49 PM
I have to go back and object to the comparison of the KKK and Islam. First, the KKK was NOT a religion, but a political movement and any asshole who took grade seven history would know that.

It was also an international movement with branches in the UK, France, Canada, Belgium and Germany.

Islam is NOT racist. Anyone can join, whites, Asians, Arabs...anyone.

And, the KKK did not publicly behead anyone and was, at least in the US and Canada, illegal.

The ignorance in here is astonishing

Deadwood
10-08-2012, 10:50 PM

Yep....all churches have hypocrites.....and there's always room for one more.

I have often wondered about people who so strongly object to Christianity but who proudly proclaim they have never set foot inside a church.

roadmaster
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
You are correct, Islam, Christians are of all races. The KKK now you better know your blood-line.

No the KKK did hang a few.

roadmaster
10-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Yep....all churches have hypocrites.....and there's always room for one more.

I have often wondered about people who so strongly object to Christianity but who proudly proclaim they have never set foot inside a church.

True, being a light talker and I listen more than I speak. I let the Lord lead them. I can't say I have not set foot in many Churches.I have from Methodist, Protestant, Holiness, Baptist ect. As long as the Word is taught correctly.

GrumpyDog
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
The Second Klan saw threats from every direction. A religious tone was apparent in its activities; "two-thirds of the national Klan lecturers were Protestant ministers," says historian Brian R. Farmer.[77] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-76) Much of the Klan's energy went to guarding "the home;" the historian Kathleen Bleeits said its members wanted to protect "the interests of white womanhood.

The second Klan adopted a burning Latin cross (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Latin_cross) as its symbol. No such crosses had been used by the first Klan, but the burning cross was used as a symbol of intimidation by the second Klan.[91] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-Greenhouse-90) The burning of the cross was also used by the second Klan as a symbol of Christian fellowship, and its lighting during meetings was steeped in Christian prayer, the singing of hymns, and other overtly religious symbolism.[13] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-Wade-12)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan#cite_ref-76

Sounds pretty much like a radical Christian sect to me.

roadmaster
10-08-2012, 11:41 PM
You are getting your information from wiki? Have you ever met any klan members?

Carygrant
10-09-2012, 12:50 AM

Such comparisons are of limited usefulness-- I will be the first to admit.
But of course , when it comes to casualties , America is the biggest and most horrible Terrorist country on the planet .
America is the KKK , in 21 st century guise .
It was White Supremacy . Now it is American Supremacy . And now America is getting whipped because the mob kills bullies .

roadmaster
10-09-2012, 06:06 AM
America has never been the KKK and England has been in wars too. You act like all are innocent expect us.

Stuck_In_California
10-09-2012, 07:10 AM
...........If you are convinced that islam is evil and a blight on humanity well. you're right. ............

Yes, I am, on both counts. :)

Stuck_In_California
10-09-2012, 07:11 AM
........America is the biggest and most horrible Terrorist country on the planet ..........

You're such an idiot.

Carygrant
10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
You're such an idiot.

Are you totally incapable of seeing your Terrorist country's actions through the eyes of your many victims .
Do you imagine that your GIs --- the ones who never manage to win a conflict ----went into Iraq and Afghanistan as Peace Keepers ? Try thinking outside of the box before wasting my time with a response .

Look at yourself and your class pals . Why do any of you bother to write in a Forum , let alone about matters you do not understand , and let outsiders imagine that the whole country is peopled by a huge tribe of Hilly Billy intolerants, all like you .

Stuck_In_California
10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Are you totally incapable of seeing your Terrorist country's actions,...............

oceanloverOH
10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Are you totally incapable of seeing your Terrorist country's actions through the eyes of your many victims .
Do you imagine that your GIs --- the ones who never manage to win a conflict ----went into Iraq and Afghanistan as Peace Keepers ? Try thinking outside of the box before wasting my time with a response .

Look at yourself and your class pals . Why do any of you bother to write in a Forum , let alone about matters you do not understand , and let outsiders imagine that the whole country is peopled by a huge tribe of Hilly Billy intolerants, all like you .

Cary, you do a lot of American-bashing in here....and as long as it's generalized, most of us just put up with it. But you go too damn far when you start maligning and bashing the U.S. military. Talk about posting in a forum about matters and concepts you can't possibly understand! When's the last time you served YOUR country? Our GIs, "the ones who never manage to win a conflict" are the ONLY reason we all, INCLUDING YOU in England, enjoy the benefits of a free country and aren't laboring under a Hitler regime today. March a mile in my combat boots before you trash MY military, you pompous ingrate.

Stuck_In_California
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Cary, you do a lot of American-bashing in here..........

I think his name and picture belies what he really is: Some snot nose little bitch who probably walks the streets scared of his own bitch-ass shadow, and he spews out the stupidities he's heard online as his only outlet. He's a fag and a freak and a punk.

Deadwood
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM

Ah, try to stay current OK?

The British, under Tony Blaid were the first to invade Afghanistan.

Even after the disaster of the "Crimean War" from which we get the famous poem about the slaughter of the famous ride of the "400".

But then to you, all things British are perfect, all things American are evil. So easy to live in such a black and white world.

Stay ignorant and you will know bliss.

Deadwood
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Cary, you do a lot of American-bashing in here....and as long as it's generalized, most of us just put up with it. But you go too damn far when you start maligning and bashing the U.S. military. Talk about posting in a forum about matters and concepts you can't possibly understand! When's the last time you served YOUR country? Our GIs, "the ones who never manage to win a conflict" are the ONLY reason we all, INCLUDING YOU in England, enjoy the benefits of a free country and aren't laboring under a Hitler regime today. March a mile in my combat boots before you trash MY military, you pompous ingrate.

I guess he would relish speaking German instead of English had it not been for a little thing called D-Day.

Stay ignorant and you will find bliss.

Deadwood
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM

For the record I never had the honor to serve in uniform. But I remain totally grateful for the men and women who put their lives on the line to keep us safe and warm in our beds at night.

I fought against unjust wars, and have embraced the just.....but it is this kind of fetid, decomposing afterbirth which makes me regret anyone ever had to serve in the first place.