PDA

View Full Version : Enthusiasm

patrickt
10-08-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't know if there is an enthusiasm gap or not and I won't be linking to polls which I consider bogus anyway. I'm old. I live in Mexico. Most of the U.S. citizens I know are Americans, old, and living in Mexico. Most are, by virtue of being old, women.

I rarely tell people how I intend to vote but most can guess. By this time last election I'd been vilified and attacked and two had specifically called me a racist. Obama pins were proudly displayed on purses and blouses and a few who should definitely not wear t-shirts were wearing Obama t-shirts.

One of the hottest books at the English library was the fictionalized autobiography of Obama. He was discussed at length but I never heard any discussion of accomplishments. I did hear, often, how good he looked in his bathing suit and how lucky his wife was.

There were those on the far left who saw a kindred spirit and new the revolution was at hand.

But, with Sen. McCain running there was no enthusiasm from conservatives but conservatives aren't as prone to silly enthusiasm as are liberals.

This year....nothing. No pins. No t-shirts. No rhapsodizing about his abs. The ones on the far left are clearly bitter and the others are faithfully doubling down. Even the Mexicans, some of whom have valid voter registration cards thanks to the Democrat's Motor Voter Laws are not enthusiastic about President Obama.

I don't know any conservatives who are enthusiastic about Gov. Romney but we're still not prone to enthusiasm anyway and we have seen President Obama beyond the rhetoric.

Calypso Jones
10-08-2012, 07:36 AM
You live in mexico and you vote in US elections? Why do you live in Mexico Patrick? There are loads of shallow liberal old women living in Mexico? and no doubt they vote democrat. And Mexican nationals voting in US elections? THAT needs to be fixed.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't know if there is an enthusiasm gap or not and I won't be linking to polls which I consider bogus anyway. I'm old. I live in Mexico. Most of the U.S. citizens I know are Americans, old, and living in Mexico. Most are, by virtue of being old, women.

I rarely tell people how I intend to vote but most can guess. By this time last election I'd been vilified and attacked and two had specifically called me a racist. Obama pins were proudly displayed on purses and blouses and a few who should definitely not wear t-shirts were wearing Obama t-shirts.

One of the hottest books at the English library was the fictionalized autobiography of Obama. He was discussed at length but I never heard any discussion of accomplishments. I did hear, often, how good he looked in his bathing suit and how lucky his wife was.

There were those on the far left who saw a kindred spirit and new the revolution was at hand.

But, with Sen. McCain running there was no enthusiasm from conservatives but conservatives aren't as prone to silly enthusiasm as are liberals.

This year....nothing. No pins. No t-shirts. No rhapsodizing about his abs. The ones on the far left are clearly bitter and the others are faithfully doubling down. Even the Mexicans, some of whom have valid voter registration cards thanks to the Democrat's Motor Voter Laws are not enthusiastic about President Obama.

I don't know any conservatives who are enthusiastic about Gov. Romney but we're still not prone to enthusiasm anyway and we have seen President Obama beyond the rhetoric.

did you watch the tea party people?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 07:42 AM
please provide PROOF that mexican nationals are voting in US elections?

patrickt
10-08-2012, 07:45 AM
You live in mexico and you vote in US elections? Why do you live in Mexico Patrick? There are loads of shallow liberal old women living in Mexico? and no doubt they vote democrat. And Mexican nationals voting in US elections? THAT needs to be fixed.

A. I live in Mexico because I'm old and retired and can live where I choose?
B. I enjoy shallow liberal old women. They remind me of why I live alone. Well, I did recently get a dog.
C. Of course, foreign nationals vote. They're encouraged to vote by liberals. It's their right. They're facilitated in voting by laws passed by liberals like voting without being registered, registering and voting with ID, and the Motor Voter Laws.

If you're actually interested in why I would choose to live in Mexico, send me a PM.

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 08:12 AM
did you watch the tea party people?

Yes. They didn't riot. They didn't crap on the street. They even picked up the trash.

Did you watch OWS?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 08:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tea+party+racist+signs&qpvt=tea+party+racist+signs&FORM=VDRE

Trinnity
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
please provide PROOF that mexican nationals are voting in US elections?LOL, what would be acceptable? Names, addresses, and affidavits? Thanks for the laff.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
documentation.

you know court acceptable evidence

I have a ton of it to show the republicans have been cheating for decades in elections

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp75vckDziM

Not the Tea Party(ies).

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 08:59 AM
he ws a homeless insane person.

the result of repoublican historically failed ideas

patrickt
10-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm not surprised you knew him personally, Truthdoesn'tmatter.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:06 AM
It was what the police said.

he was an insane homeless man.

you want to lie and pretend he was OWS

patrickt
10-08-2012, 09:07 AM
documentation.

I have a ton of it to show the republicans have been cheating for decades in elections

You are a liar.

And, you are incapable of staying on topic.

birddog
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
documentation.

What a crock of lies!

I remember 1960 and how the Dimocrats stole the election for Kennedy. Obama's "home town" of Chicago made the mold for modern day voting fraud, and they still practice it there. For every one cheating R, there's likely at least a hundred cheating D!

Furthermore, your username is an oxymoron to the nth degree.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:09 AM
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-25/news/mn-7435_1_republican-national-committee

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down'
October 25, 1986 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/1986/oct/25)|From the Washington Post

Email

NEWARK, N.J. — A Republican National Committee official calculated that a so-called ballot security program in Louisiana "could keep the black vote down considerably," according to documents released in federal court Friday.
The documents and court hearing were the latest developments in a controversy over the GOP's ballot program that Democrats maintain is aimed at reducing minority turnout. The Republicans say the program's sole purpose is to purge ineligible voters from voting roles.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
http://personalliberty.com/2009/12/09/judge-denies-republicans-effort-to-end-voter-intimidation-consent-decree-19493836/

Judge Denies Republicans' Effort To End Voter Intimidation Consent DecreeDecember 9, 2009 by Personal Liberty News Desk (http://personalliberty.com/author/personallibertynewsdeskpl/)

http://pictures.directnews.co.uk/liveimages/voting_1961_19493836_0_0_7021094_300.jpgLast week, a federal judge in New Jersey rejected an attempt by the Republican National Committee (RNC) to dissolve a 27-year-old court order that is intended to prevent the intimidation of minority voters

patrickt
10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Apparently you think a newspaper article and a federal judge's decision are equivalent to evidence admissible in court. Sorry. They aren't. But, nice try.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:19 AM
so a judges decision is not court evidence?

your really silly

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 09:19 AM
BTW if you read the first link you will see that the memo was admitted to by all in the republican party who were involved

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM
he ws a homeless insane person.

the result of repoublican historically failed ideas

Incorrect.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
so he wasnt insane and homeless?

please go get your proof

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Got anything to say about the decades long republican efforts to keep legal American voters from voting?

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 10:40 AM

please go get your proof

He was your common OWSer. There are other videos of them crapping in public. What to see them?

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Got anything to say about the decades long republican efforts to keep legal American voters from voting?

It doesn't exist. The entire democratic campaign against voter IDs is racism. The soft bigotry of low expectations: the Dems don't believe that blacks are intelligent enough to figure out how to get a picture ID. Of course it is silly nonsense. Democtics are racists.

Canadianeye
10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
It doesn't exist. The entire democratic campaign against voter IDs is racism. The soft bigotry of low expectations: the Dems don't believe that blacks are intelligent enough to figure out how to get a picture ID. Of course it is silly nonsense. Democtics are racists.

Not sure I can agree with soft, however, the Democrats are clearly racists. They feign championing compassion of blacks and craft new chains forged of enablement, in the pursuit of vote exploitation with latinos being fitted for the next set of life long shackles.

Their hooded masks are slowly being lifted. We are soft...for not ripping them off.

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Then why do black not vote republican ?

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 11:46 AM

I gave court documented evidence

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
http://personalliberty.com/2009/12/09/judge-denies-republicans-effort-to-end-voter-intimidation-consent-decree-19493836/

Judge Denies Republicans' Effort To End Voter Intimidation Consent Decree

December 9, 2009 by Personal Liberty News Desk (http://personalliberty.com/author/personallibertynewsdeskpl/)

http://pictures.directnews.co.uk/liveimages/voting_1961_19493836_0_0_7021094_300.jpgLast week, a federal judge in New Jersey rejected an attempt by the Republican National Committee (RNC) to dissolve a 27-year-old court order that is intended to prevent the intimidation of minority voters

here and

truthmatters
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-25/news/mn-7435_1_republican-national-committee

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down'

October 25, 1986 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/1986/oct/25)|From the Washington Post

Email

NEWARK, N.J. — A Republican National Committee official calculated that a so-called ballot security program in Louisiana "could keep the black vote down considerably," according to documents released in federal court Friday.
The documents and court hearing were the latest developments in a controversy over the GOP's ballot program that Democrats maintain is aimed at reducing minority turnout. The Republicans say the program's sole purpose is to purge ineligible voters from voting roles.

here

Peter1469
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM
here and

It is racist.

patrickt
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
since racism is the only topic that interests some, is there a lower level of enthusiasm for Barack Obama this year, there certainly is here, and if there is, is liberal racism to blame? Did liberals just find our Barack Obama is black or did they just decide being black is not, absent anything else, enough.

Deadwood
10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
so a judges decision is not court evidence?

your really silly

Actually no. A judges ruling is NOT evidence, but merely a legal opinion subject to review by other courts.

Your amazingly broad and expansiove ignorance is showing.

Just keep posting the word "lies", that was almost working for you.

Deadwood
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
since racism is the only topic that interests some, is there a lower level of enthusiasm for Barack Obama this year, there certainly is here, and if there is, is liberal racism to blame? Did liberals just find our Barack Obama is black or did they just decide being black is not, absent anything else, enough.

You have a very valid point. I am in continuous contact with friends who generally vote democrat, mostly those who live in WA. But there is definitely a lack of enthusiasm if not an outright rebellion.

It's no scientific poll, but Obama's vote is at least soft, if not absent altogether.

Saving truthmatters some time:

"That's a lie. Link?"

Canadianeye
10-08-2012, 05:40 PM

You mentioned racist is your post, so that opens a door on your broader direction.

I think support is down, not just on the Democratic Party in the US. I think a generally awakening by society of what modern liberalism has produced in our societies, both economically and socially. The phenomenom of Obama, being a mixture of white guilt release and an American populace brought to a precipice (via the leftist media) of manufactured Bush hatred, that drove them to gobble up hope and change.

As high as the manufactured relief for hope and change got to...it has come down with realization of the failures of the Progressives and Mr. Obama. It is like witnessing a long drawn out heavy sigh of realized duplicity for bringing this inept empty suit to bring ruin to your country. Day after day, week after week, month after month. Year after year.

Disappointment and deep regret sums up Mr. Obama, be it Indy, left or right.

bladimz
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
You mentioned racist is your post, so that opens a door on your broader direction.

I think support is down, not just on the Democratic Party in the US. I think a generally awakening by society of what modern liberalism has produced in our societies, both economically and socially. The phenomenom of Obama, being a mixture of white guilt release and an American populace brought to a precipice (via the leftist media) of manufactured Bush hatred, that drove them to gobble up hope and change.

As high as the manufactured relief for hope and change got to...it has come down with realization of the failures of the Progressives and Mr. Obama. It is like witnessing a long drawn out heavy sigh of realized duplicity for bringing this inept empty suit to bring ruin to your country. Day after day, week after week, month after month. Year after year.

Disappointment and deep regret sums up Mr. Obama, be it Indy, left or right.Of all your failed analyses, the one that i enjoyed the most is the one that i put in bold type for you. That hatred you talk about was the anger generated by his administration of the 8 years he served as POTUS. You know all the reasons for the despondency and hopelessness so deeply felt by so many americans by the end of his term; there's no reason to re-hash them here. But make no mistake. You and everyone else on this board and elsewhere who whine about Obama's victory simply as the result of some kind of "white man's guilt", etc. are forgetting that at that time, in the 2008 election, the DNC could have nominated a broken vacuum cleaner and it would have won that election. No one, and i mean, NO ONE, wanted to see more of what they had experienced during the last administration.

Deny it. Of course you will. If you want to tell yourself that the black population voted Obama based simply on his color, fine. Remember two things though. First, the percentage of the black population of the US is approx. 13%. Second, consider the reality that there was a percentage of white americans who would not vote for a black man, based strictly on his color.

If enthusiasm is down, it is down across the board. Some say that based on his performance, Obama should be at least 10pts. behind in the polling. That this race is even close shows that the support for Mitt is weak; it has been ever since he entered the race. The GOP debates were evidence of how extremely weak the field was.

If the enthusiasm is not there, it is not there for both sides.

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
documentation.

Display it here.

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM

please go get your proof

You're no judge who can demand this or that...you're just another liberal who uses old phrases that are long worn out.

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Then why do black not vote republican ?

Because they don't pay attention to details, only rhetoric.

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
You have a very valid point. I am in continuous contact with friends who generally vote democrat, mostly those who live in WA. But there is definitely a lack of enthusiasm if not an outright rebellion.

It's no scientific poll, but Obama's vote is at least soft, if not absent altogether.

Saving truthmatters some time:

"That's a lie. Link?"

It's like the lack of signs and bumper stickers...I personally don't put a Romney sticker on my cars because a neighbor did and came out one morning to find his car windows broken and racist painted on the side of his car.

bladimz
10-09-2012, 03:45 PM
It's like the lack of signs and bumper stickers...I personally don't put a Romney sticker on my cars because a neighbor did and came out one morning to find his car windows broken and racist painted on the side of his car.You're smart for avoiding the bumper sticker thing. Your neighbor; not so much.

It doesn't matter who you support: stick your endorsement out on the front lawn using one of those signs, and you can count on getting your lawn turfed. It's not right. It's just the way it is.