PDA

View Full Version : tPF How things change in a few short years - remember the 47% comment and Romney?

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Yes, what a difference a few years makes for the leftist media. Remember when Mitt made these comments?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gvY2wqI7M

The leftist media went into conniptions; it basically could have been the main reason behind Romney's loss.

So now we move to today; Hillary erupts with the claim that if you support her opponent, you're a deplorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzTSXFPTWc

Isn't it fascinating how saying 47% of the voters won't ever support you is considered to be political suicide for a Republican, yet claiming that 47% of the voters who support a Republican are deplorable is perfectly okay to this same biased leftist media that has shed any hint of being honest and unbiased.

The more Hillary erupts, the more votes Trump will get. America is sick and tired of the media fueled leftist Progressivism that is gripping the nation.

stjames1_53
09-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Nothing finer than a candidate calling taxpayers deplorable............that'll sure get her votes.............but not from those deplorables that may have been undecided.............
It demonstrates just how Hillary views Americans. She actually hates us...........could that be because we can make sure she doesn't get the job?
or is it that she just views us as those little people, to whom she can't put a name to.....
WE are called AMERICANS, you b*tch

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 07:27 AM
Nothing finer than a candidate calling taxpayers deplorable............that'll sure get her votes.............but not from those deplorables that may have been undecided.............
It demonstrates just how Hillary views Americans. She actually hates us...........could that be because we can make sure she doesn't get the job?
or is it that she just views us as those little people, to whom she can't put a name to.....
WE are called AMERICANS, you b*tch

This is very true; what is sad is the media's attempts to ignore it and their shameless efforts to promote her candidacy. This is going to further erode American's trust in the media and their continued collective slide into bankruptcy and obscurity.

Until the media get their heads out of their a$$es, expect them to become even less influential in the political arena. There was a time when the media were considered the third leg of Government; those days are over. Now they are seen as an arm of the DNC.

stjames1_53
09-19-2016, 07:49 AM
msm has certainly become deplorable..............

Cigar
09-19-2016, 08:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsqVyA8WAAAprR2.jpg

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 10:46 AM
msm has certainly become deplorable..............

Every time a leftist journalist asks a Conservative candidate a really stupid question only to argue with them about their answer, they should respond with "that's deplorable."

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 10:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsqVyA8WAAAprR2.jpg

There you go again in predictable fashion; completely ignoring the topic and deflecting. Yay you! :greatjob:

nathanbforrest45
09-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Yes, what a difference a few years makes for the leftist media. Remember when Mitt made these comments?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gvY2wqI7M

The leftist media went into conniptions; it basically could have been the main reason behind Romney's loss.

So now we move to today; Hillary erupts with the claim that if you support her opponent, you're a deplorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzTSXFPTWc

Isn't it fascinating how saying 47% of the voters won't ever support you is considered to be political suicide for a Republican, yet claiming that 47% of the voters who support a Republican are deplorable is perfectly okay to this same biased leftist media that has shed any hint of being honest and unbiased.

The more Hillary erupts, the more votes Trump will get. America is sick and tired of the media fueled leftist Progressivism that is gripping the nation.

I would like to think so but I sincerely doubt it. Romney was right about the 47%. They are dependent on the government. They believe if the Republicans gain power they will be evicted from their homes and sold into slavery. Until John Galt comes on the scene this group will only increase in numbers and will continue to bleed the sacrificial lambs (the productive) until there is no more.

Chris
09-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Not so sure Romney meant 47% are dependent, some certainly are successful in life, in business, work, etc. But they do believe we should depend on the government for some ill-defined, abstract common good and equality.

As a libertarian I believe along with Milton Friedman: "A society that aims for equality before liberty will end up with neither equality nor liberty. And a society that aims first for liberty will not end up with equality, but it will end up with a closer approach to equality than any other kind of system that has ever been developed."

AZ Jim
09-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Not a single one of those she referred to as deplorable intended to vote for Clinton so no loss for her.

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 12:45 PM
I would like to think so but I sincerely doubt it. Romney was right about the 47%. They are dependent on the government. They believe if the Republicans gain power they will be evicted from their homes and sold into slavery. Until John Galt comes on the scene this group will only increase in numbers and will continue to bleed the sacrificial lambs (the productive) until there is no more.

What is fascinating is that Romney's comments were not insulting to anyone; Hillary's were. Yet the media went into catatonic phase over Romney's comments yet hardly a word about Hillary's. Perhaps it is because they think anyone that disagrees with their agenda really are deplorable?

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Not so sure Romney meant 47% are dependent, some certainly are successful in life, in business, work, etc. But they do believe we should depend on the government for some ill-defined, abstract common good and equality.

As a libertarian I believe along with Milton Friedman: "A society that aims for equality before liberty will end up with neither equality nor liberty. And a society that aims first for liberty will not end up with equality, but it will end up with a closer approach to equality than any other kind of system that has ever been developed."

So, based on the topic, which is worse? Falsely calling the opponents constituency "deplorable" or factually claiming that 47% would never vote for you? ;)

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Not a single one of those she referred to as deplorable intended to vote for Clinton so no loss for her.

I see that the point jumped right over that partisan head of yours. So, based on the topic, which is worse? Falsely calling the opponents constituency "deplorable" or factually claiming that 47% would never vote for you?

Adelaide
09-19-2016, 12:49 PM
What is fascinating is that Romney's comments were not insulting to anyone; Hillary's were. Yet the media went into catatonic phase over Romney's comments yet hardly a word about Hillary's. Perhaps it is because they think anyone that disagrees with their agenda really are deplorable?

I think it has a large part to do with how divided everyone is and how many comments have been made so far that are absolutely disgusting (from both candidates). The political climate feels different. Like, this is exactly what we have come to expect this time around so it seems like not such a big deal.

Chris
09-19-2016, 12:56 PM

She may have lost some fence sitters though who see her insulting Americans and decide to vote against her for it.

Chris
09-19-2016, 12:58 PM
I think it has a large part to do with how divided everyone is and how many comments have been made so far that are absolutely disgusting (from both candidates). The political climate feels different. Like, this is exactly what we have come to expect this time around so it seems like not such a big deal.

More and more people are becoming jaded to it.

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 01:00 PM

I disagree that comments from BOTH candidates are absolutely disgusting. This is tame compared to what happens in other countries and in our past. But the FACT remains that the leftist media exposes their blatant bias when Romney is savaged for the 47% comment but remain nearly silent on the repugnant eruptions from Hillary.

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Can you imagine the media outrage if Trump had said this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1PVOIqQAns

stjames1_53
09-19-2016, 01:04 PM
She may have lost some fence sitters though who see her insulting Americans and decide to vote against her for it.

that could be some serious fallout...........nothing finer than insulting the people who pay your wages.........

Chris
09-19-2016, 01:06 PM
So, based on the topic, which is worse? Falsely calling the opponents constituency "deplorable" or factually claiming that 47% would never vote for you? ;)

My earlier response tried to say both can be seen as insulting. To say of someone successful in life through their own hard work that they dependent on the government would be insulting to me. It says to me Romney doesn't understand how someone can be successful and still want the government to help those who aren't. My understanding doesn't imply agreement, just understanding.

nathanbforrest45
09-19-2016, 01:16 PM
In my humble opinion the best way to help those who are "not successful" is for the government to get out of the way of those who are. Billionaires do not build empires strictly by their own work. They must hire helpers. Their success creates other companies that cater to them (auto manufacturers do not make every part of the car, some jobs are outsourced, cars do not magically appear in show rooms, parts don't either) Every time government pretends to help the poor they only succeed in creating more of the poor.

Just leave me alone and I will do what is in my best interest and all the country will benefit as a result.

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 01:20 PM
My earlier response tried to say both can be seen as insulting. To say of someone successful in life through their own hard work that they dependent on the government would be insulting to me. It says to me Romney doesn't understand how someone can be successful and still want the government to help those who aren't. My understanding doesn't imply agreement, just understanding.

That wasn't what Romney was saying; that was a media fabrication. He was correctly stating that at least 47% of Americans would never vote for a Republican. Is that false? Or merely stating a KNOWN fact?

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 01:20 PM
In my humble opinion the best way to help those who are "not successful" is for the government to get out of the way of those who are. Billionaires do not build empires strictly by their own work. They must hire helpers. Their success creates other companies that cater to them (auto manufacturers do not make every part of the car, some jobs are outsourced, cars do not magically appear in show rooms, parts don't either) Every time government pretends to help the poor they only succeed in creating more of the poor.

Just leave me alone and I will do what is in my best interest and all the country will benefit as a result.

This is a very true statement; but not on topic. ;)

Chris
09-19-2016, 01:35 PM
That wasn't what Romney was saying; that was a media fabrication. He was correctly stating that at least 47% of Americans would never vote for a Republican. Is that false? Or merely stating a KNOWN fact?

His words were:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9V6eOFO38

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 01:40 PM
His words were:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9V6eOFO38

....and you're saying that it is false? How so? How is this worse than claiming someone's constituency is "deplorable?"

Chris
09-19-2016, 02:43 PM

That's what you claimed, Detector. It was wrong.

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 02:56 PM
That's what you claimed, Detector. It was wrong.

Was it false or simply a well known fact? I know you have a propensity for avoiding answering questions and prefer to deflect and avoid the debate. Was it worse than calling an opponents constituency deplorable?

Chris
09-19-2016, 03:22 PM
Was it false or simply a well known fact? I know you have a propensity for avoiding answering questions and prefer to deflect and avoid the debate. Was it worse than calling an opponents constituency deplorable?

What you claimed he said was false. I see no need to respond to false claims other than to point them out and demonstrate them false. There's nothing further to say.

Truth Detector
09-19-2016, 03:52 PM
What you claimed he said was false.

Wrong; I interpreted accurately what he said while you promote a false narrative that it was some kind of insult.

I see no need to respond to false claims other than to point them out and demonstrate them false.

Translation; you see no need to argue honestly so you will continue avoiding substantive debate and stomp your feet loudly.

There's nothing further to say.

Of course not; that would require a modicum of honesty and being less cowardly. ;)