PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

Cigar
09-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Hillary Clinton’s campaign is here to show you what a Donald Trump presidency would feel like for young women.

The Democratic nominee’s latest ad, titled “Mirrors,” shows girls of varying ages and backgrounds looking at their reflections as they hear multiple comments from Trump degrading women.

“Donald Trump has spent his campaign, and career, demeaning and insulting women, which is just one of the reasons a majority of American women do not think Trump respects women,” Clinton’s campaign said in a statement.

The spot ends with a sobering question: “Is this the president we want for our daughters?”

https://youtu.be/vHGPbl-werw

Private Pickle
09-23-2016, 08:52 AM
lawl

Adelaide
09-23-2016, 09:14 AM
It's an interesting ad because it sort of has a point - young women are watching this election. They may be too young to vote, but they're paying some attention to it. Trump's attacks on Clinton for her looks is really troubling. Young women and young men have it hard enough without additional pressure to be perfect. They get it from media and advertisements, from peers and from parents, and now from Presidential candidates? There's being healthy and then there is having low self-esteem and body issues.

But, I don't think it should be a campaign ad for Clinton. It seems like obvious pandering to women. She seems to underestimate that women think about more than just their uterus when voting in elections. It is one thing for male candidates to make that mistake, but you'd expect a female candidate to realize we're not a bunch of idiot drones that are slaves to our biology.

Chloe
09-23-2016, 10:36 AM
It's an interesting ad because it sort of has a point - young women are watching this election. They may be too young to vote, but they're paying some attention to it. Trump's attacks on Clinton for her looks is really troubling. Young women and young men have it hard enough without additional pressure to be perfect. They get it from media and advertisements, from peers and from parents, and now from Presidential candidates? There's being healthy and then there is having low self-esteem and body issues.

But, I don't think it should be a campaign ad for Clinton. It seems like obvious pandering to women. She seems to underestimate that women think about more than just their uterus when voting in elections. It is one thing for male candidates to make that mistake, but you'd expect a female candidate to realize we're not a bunch of idiot drones that are slaves to our biology.

agreed

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Hillary's message to women: "if your husband cheats massively on you but has money and power, throw your dignity out the windiw, that's a meal ticket"

Chloe
09-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Hillary's message to women: "if your husband cheats massively on you but has money and power, throw your dignity out the windiw, that's a meal ticket"

There's nothing that would keep me from leaving a guy that cheats on me. Boyfriend, husband, rich, famous, doesn't matter. I'd walk away and not look back.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 12:21 PM
There's nothing that would keep me from leaving a guy that cheats on me. Boyfriend, husband, rich, famous, doesn't matter. I'd walk away and not look back.

You're a smart girl who has self respect.

Chloe
09-23-2016, 12:26 PM
You're a smart girl who has self respect.

I could eventually find it in my heart to forgive him and maybe even still be friends in some way, but the relationship would be over.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I could eventually find it in my heart to forgive him and maybe even still be friends in some way, but the relationship would be over.

Cutting his balls off would be more gratifying.

Bethere
09-23-2016, 12:34 PM

On the other hand what did they tell god they would do? Till death do us part? Doesn't Hillary get credit for keeping her marriage together? Instead Republicans who would have us believe that they are Christians turn her attempts to keep her family together against her as a negative.

And you bought it.

I gave you waaaay more credit than that.

Thanks for listening.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 12:38 PM
On the other hand what did they tell god they would do? Till death do us part? Doesn't Hillary get credit for keeping her marriage together? Instead Republicans who would have us believe that they are Christians turn her attempts to keep her family together against her as a negative.

And you bought it.

Thanks for listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

Chloe
09-23-2016, 12:39 PM

And you bought it.

Thanks for listening.

I don't base what I would do in MY relationship on Hillary Clintons relationship. All I said was what I would do if my boyfriend or husband cheated on me. Clinton obviously can do what she wants. Adultery and cheating is a reason to divorce someone in my opinion, but if they are able to work it out and move on then more power to them. I personally wouldn't. Also I don't look at it from a Christian point of view since I'm not Christian. I just look at it as a betrayal of trust.

TrueBlue
09-23-2016, 12:42 PM
It's a real shame that someone like that even has a following that includes women. When Trump belittles young women like that every one who is a parent with a daughter should care. They should denounce him for that instead of support him. When they offer their support they need to know that they are also supporting hatred for women.

A Vote For Trump Is A Vote Against Women.

Cigar
09-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Can't Deny the words that coming from his own mouth :laugh:

Bethere
09-23-2016, 12:45 PM
I don't base what I would do in MY relationship on Hillary Clintons relationship. All I said was what I would do if my boyfriend or husband cheated on me. Clinton obviously can do what she wants. Adultery and cheating is a reason to divorce someone in my opinion, but if they are able to work it out and move on then more power to them. I personally wouldn't. Also I don't look at it from a Christian point of view since I'm not Christian. I just look at it as a betrayal of trust.

The Republicans on this forum would have you vote for a phillander on his third marriage as they demonize the victim of another phillanderer.

Hillary did nothing wrong. Trying to keep your family together is a noble thing.

Chloe
09-23-2016, 12:46 PM
The Republicans on this forum would have you vote for a phillander on his third marriage as they demonize the victim of another phillanderer.

Hillary did nothing wrong. Trying to keep your family together is a noble thing.

Well I'm not a republican and I'm not voting for Trump. I also didn't say keeping a family together wasn't a noble thing. I just said I wouldn't stay with a man that cheats on me. Clinton can do what she wants.

TrueBlue
09-23-2016, 12:51 PM
And here's more on that story.

Clinton Campaign Out With Video Hitting Trump on Comments About Women
By Josh Haskell

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-campaign-video-hitting-trump-comments-women/story?id=42297907

"The Clinton campaign continues their strategy of attempting to use Donald Trump (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm)'s words against him. Today, the campaign begins airing atelevision ad (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHGPbl-werw&feature=youtu.be) in seven battleground states and on cable."

"According to Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm)'s team, the intention of the ad is to show the effect "Trump's hateful rhetoric towards women is having on our daughters."

"Hillary For America says this ad shows how Trump stands in contrast to Clinton's career "fighting for and uplifting women and girls," something they say she'll continue to do if elected president."

Chloe
09-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Trump sucks, but I also don't find either of them inspiring or uplifting for anybody.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Well I'm not a republican and I'm not voting for Trump. I also didn't say keeping a family together wasn't a noble thing. I just said I wouldn't stay with a man that cheats on me. Clinton can do what she wants.

I'm not a republican either nor will I ever vote for a circus act like Trump, but that's too much for bethere's walnut sized brain to process.

He thinks anyone opposing Hillary's lies and deceipt must be Trump supporters.

Like Cigar, they are unable to comprehend beyond linear.

TrueBlue
09-23-2016, 12:55 PM

That is correct! But when you hear right-wingers say that she should have divorced him they evidently would rather support separation and divorce rather than try to find a way to become more cohesive and stay together in the face of some adversity that was temporary.

Cigar
09-23-2016, 12:58 PM
Cigar did not produce this Video of Donald Trump speaking in his own words ... :grin:

Chloe
09-23-2016, 12:59 PM
That is correct! But when you hear right-wingers say that she should have divorced him they evidently would rather support separation and divorce rather than try to find a way to become more cohesive and stay together in the face of some adversity that was temporary.

Out of curiosity if she would have divorced him would you be saying the opposite? Would you personally stay with someone that cheated on you at least once if not more? I know for a fact I wouldn't. Who cares what a republican thinks about her marriage anyway?

Bethere
09-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Out of curiosity if she would have divorced him would you be saying the opposite? Would you personally stay with someone that cheated on you at least once if not more? I know for a fact I wouldn't. Who cares what a republican thinks about her marriage anyway?

Hillary and crew hasn't said a word about his family life.

Meanwhile she gets beaten up for fighting for her family.

I think it says volumes about trump and the Republican party.

Chloe
09-23-2016, 01:19 PM

Ok?

Mister D
09-23-2016, 01:34 PM

And you bought it.

Thanks for listening.

:laugh: Yeah, that's her reasoning.

Thanks for the joke. You haven't had many good ones lately but you just redeemed yourself.

Mister D
09-23-2016, 01:39 PM

He's on a roll! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 02:16 PM
He's on a roll! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

It's amazing how pathetically gullible some people are.