PDA

View Full Version : Trump Warns That Clinton Will Rig Debate by Using Facts

Cigar
09-23-2016, 12:50 PM
Trump Warns That Clinton Will Rig Debate by Using Facts (http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-warns-that-clinton-will-rig-debate-by-using-facts)
By Andy Borowitz , 11:50 A.M.

TOLEDO (The Borowitz Report)—At a campaign rally on Friday, Donald Trump warned that Hillary Clinton is scheming to “rig the debate by using facts” in their first televised face-off, on Monday.

“You just watch, folks,” Trump told supporters in Toledo, Ohio. “Crooked Hillary is going to slip in little facts all night long, and that’s how she’s going to try to rig the thing.”

“It’s a disgrace,” he added...............

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes the Borowitz Report for newyorker.com (http://newyorker.com).

http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif

TrueBlue
09-23-2016, 12:59 PM
So what does that tell you? That he's admitting that he is going to be whipped during the upcoming debate and is already trying to spin it a different way. He knows that Hillary knows what she's talking about and will bring out many things about him that should be of concern to him. He is preparing for the worst in this debate and with good reason.

Chloe
09-23-2016, 01:02 PM
I'd be curious how many people will actually be swayed by the debates. Obviously devout supporters of either candidate will cheer everything they say and it won't change their minds, but I wonder how many people will watch just for the entertainment value and not really to help them make up their minds.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 01:05 PM
A common tactic is to set expectations. Trump is doing that.

For Trump to overtake Illary he has to appear likable and show the media portrayal to be false. I believe he will do it. Policy facts are not going to make a difference.

Chloe
09-23-2016, 01:06 PM
A common tactic is to set expectations. Trump is doing that.

For Trump to overtake Illary he has to appear likable and show the media portrayal to be false. I believe he will do it. Policy facts are not going to make a difference.

Believe him, right? Believe him.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 01:06 PM
I'd be curious how many people will actually be swayed by the debates. Obviously devout supporters of either candidate will cheer everything they say and it won't change their minds, but I wonder how many people will watch just for the entertainment value and not really to help them make up their minds.
You raise a good question. The majority will not change their minds, at least not in public. If Trump is likable and not scary he wins.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Believe him, right? Believe him.
Perhaps. Policy facts won't matter. Now one will remember them anyway. We Trumpkins, the Deplorables, are eager to vote for Trump. Are the Hillbots eager to vote for Illary?

ripmeister
09-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Perhaps. Policy facts won't matter. Now one will remember them anyway. We Trumpkins, the Deplorables, are eager to vote for Trump. Are the Hillbots eager to vote for Illary?

I'm very eager to vote against Trump. He's dangerous, and I still don't know what he is hiding.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm very eager to vote against Trump. He's dangerous, and I still don't know what he is hiding.
Sure. Note that you are not eager to vote for Illary. No one else is either.

Chris
09-23-2016, 01:37 PM

There are probably many undecided voters who will be swayed. They probably don't speak up much to avoid being pummeled by partisans.

zelmo1234
09-23-2016, 01:39 PM

There is a Football game on? I am not watching a debate between two idiots.

AZ Jim
09-23-2016, 01:40 PM
With whiny Trump EVERYTHING not of his doing, is RIGGED!! PS Clearly the article is also (Satire).

ripmeister
09-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Sure. Note that you are not eager to vote for Illary. No one else is either.

Well that's really neither here nor there but to say "no one else is either" is simply untrue. I know quite a few people who are very eager to vote for her. They love her. Whether I am eager or not is inconsequential as I will vote for her.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Well that's really neither here nor there but to say "no one else is either" is simply untrue. I know quite a few people who are very eager to vote for her. They love her. Whether I am eager or not is inconsequential as I will vote for her.
The degree of enthusiasm will determine turnout. Granted, there will always be authoritarian statists eager to bring tyranny to fruition. But there are not enough of them to turn an election where the candidate draws crowds measured in the tens of people.

exploited
09-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Trump is going to get stomped into oblivion. It will be an amusing night. The only way he can win debates is if he catches his opponents off-guard and makes them react emotionally and start playing his childish games. This is well-known, and I guarantee that Clinton is prepared for it. At the same time, she will use her vastly superior understanding of policy to make him say stupid thing after stupid thing... He will hurl insults in return, and if Clinton sticks to the plan, she will be stone-cold and resolute. It will be disastrous, and I expect a 5-7 point jump for Clinton after each of the debates.

ripmeister
09-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Trump is going to get stomped into oblivion. It will be an amusing night. The only way he can win debates is if he catches his opponents off-guard and makes them react emotionally and start playing his childish games. This is well-known, and I guarantee that Clinton is prepared for it. At the same time, she will use her vastly superior understanding of policy to make him say stupid thing after stupid thing... He will hurl insults in return, and if Clinton sticks to the plan, she will be stone-cold and resolute. It will be disastrous, and I expect a 5-7 point jump for Clinton after each of the debates.

This is my expectation but then again I didn't think Trump had a chance in hell of winning the R nomination. I wouldn't underestimate Trump. He is PT Barnum reincarnated after all.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 02:13 PM
I don't agree with you.

Trump will be likable. He won't be scary. Everyone will agree with you that Trump loses. Crooked Illary is not likable. You and the pundits will all claim a victory.

And then Trump will win the election.

exploited
09-23-2016, 02:22 PM
This is my expectation but then again I didn't think Trump had a chance in hell of winning the R nomination. I wouldn't underestimate Trump. He is PT Barnum reincarnated after all.

Different circumstances now. It worked with the Republicans because they have been stoking that anti-intellectual, strongman image for years, but nobody does it quite like Trump. Put him into a place where he can't simply play off multiple opponents, can't distract, can't get them off their game... It'll be disastrous, assuming Clinton sticks to the plan.

ripmeister
09-23-2016, 02:22 PM
I don't agree with you.

Trump will be likable. He won't be scary. Everyone will agree with you that Trump loses. Crooked Illary is not likable. You and the pundits will all claim a victory.

Quite possible. The funny thing about the basis of this thread is that Trump has never let facts get in the way of his sales job so that fact that Clinton may bring forth some facts is anathema to him.

exploited
09-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't agree with you.

No, he won't. Clinton will be your next President, and when that happens, you'll claim it was electoral fraud, media bias, etc. The usual victimhood routine.

ripmeister
09-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Different circumstances now. It worked with the Republicans because they have been stoking that anti-intellectual, strongman image for years, but nobody does it quite like Trump. Put him into a place where he can't simply play off multiple opponents, can't distract, can't get them off their game... It'll be disastrous, assuming Clinton sticks to the plan.

I'd like to see Clinton do a reprise of her time with Trey, the midget and the rest of the boys over the 13 hour Bhengazi hearing. If she maintains that demeanor she'll be fine.

exploited
09-23-2016, 02:27 PM
I'd like to see Clinton do a reprise of her time with Trey, the midget and the rest of the boys over the 13 hour Bhengazi hearing. If she maintains that demeanor she'll be fine.

She will. When the debate is over, Trump will be perceived as a sub-90 IQ neanderthal who can't control himself and can't answer basic questions. Which he is, ironically. Clinton is a total goof, but she is going to annihilate him, and it'll be hilarious.

suds00
09-23-2016, 02:39 PM
so to win you only have to convince people that you won't destroy our country.

Captain Obvious
09-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Borowitz, parody.

Hillary "what emails" and facts are an oxymoron.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Think in terms of millions of voters. Five or six million Hillbots out of 240 plus million voters are eager to vote for Illary.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Quite possible. The funny thing about the basis of this thread is that Trump has never let facts get in the way of his sales job so that fact that Clinton may bring forth some facts is anathema to him.
In big proposals (worth tens to hundreds of millions of dollars) we ghost the competition. We identify what we believe their approach will be. Then we begin to cast doubts in the minds of the team who reviews and rates our proposal. Trump believes Crooked Illary's approach includes lots and lots of facts. He is taking that strength away from her.

He is a pro. She hasn't figured that out yet.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 03:11 PM
No, he won't. Clinton will be your next President, and when that happens, you'll claim it was electoral fraud, media bias, etc. The usual victimhood routine.
I don't believe that will be required. Yes, it is true the federal government has been converting aliens into citizens around the clock for the last two years to stack the electorate in favor of Illary. And yes, it is true that federal courts have stacked the deck for Illary by allowing the conditions where cheating is easier. Media bias is a known quantity.

This time I don't think it matters.

ripmeister
09-23-2016, 03:14 PM
I don't believe that will be required. Yes, it is true the federal government has been converting aliens into citizens around the clock for the last two years to stack the electorate in favor of Illary. And yes, it is true that federal courts have stacked the deck for Illary by allowing the conditions where cheating is easier. Media bias is a known quantity.

More baloney.

exploited
09-23-2016, 04:07 PM

The truth is that Trump is an idiot, and doesn't deserve the Presidency, and will lose to a terrible candidate because he himself is literally retarded.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 04:08 PM

Vote for Trump! Facts be dammed.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 04:49 PM
so to win you only have to convince people that you won't destroy our country.
Only a few. Radical Leftists cling to the narrative. We Deplorables know it isn't true. So it is all about the 10% who are just waking up.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 04:50 PM
The truth is that Trump is an idiot, and doesn't deserve the Presidency, and will lose to a terrible candidate because he himself is literally retarded.
There there. Canada will barely notice.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Vote for Trump! Facts be dammed.
Policy facts won't matter because the policies will be changed. No one is going to remember facts. No one ever does.

Peter1469
09-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Clinton can lose badly and the "media" is going to report it as a win for Hillary.

Subdermal
09-23-2016, 05:22 PM

Uh huh.

If Clinton's 'plan' was so strong, she wouldn't have avoided press conferences for the past year.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Policy facts won't matter because the policies will be changed. No one is going to remember facts. No on ever does.

I guess that's why Trump never uses them.

Facts are stubborn things...

Bethere
09-23-2016, 05:41 PM
Clinton can lose badly and the "media" is going to report it as a win for Hillary.

Spoken like the lifelong Republican you are.

MisterVeritis
09-23-2016, 05:52 PM
I guess that's why Trump never uses them.

Facts are stubborn things...
Believe as you wish. It will not change the outcome.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 05:52 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ybiJ0lO3A9M/maxresdefault.jpg

Peter1469
09-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Spoken like the lifelong Republican you are.

I am not a Republican and I insist that you cease your lies. Cyber-stalking is a crime.

Bethere
09-23-2016, 07:37 PM
I am not a Republican and I insist that you cease your lies. Cyber-stalking is a crime.

I am not a statist and I insist that you cease your lies. Cyber-stalking is a crime.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 07:47 PM
I am not a statist and I insist that you cease your lies. Cyber-stalking is a crime.

You have a point there...

hanger4
09-23-2016, 07:49 PM

Copying a posters words thinking it's some sort of rebuttal is so third grade Bethere. Do grow up.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Copying a posters words thinking it's some sort of rebuttal is so third grade Bethere. Do grow up.

He's got a valid point though. Peter has called me a statist and has virtually done the same thing he is chastising someone else for doing.

Bethere
09-23-2016, 07:52 PM

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 07:53 PM
I think that's enough of this personal shit.

hanger4
09-23-2016, 07:54 PM
He's got a valid point though. Peter has called me a statist and has virtually done the same thing he is chastising someone else for doing.

Peter's C&Ping a posters words as a rebuttal ??

hanger4
09-23-2016, 07:55 PM
It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Still stuck in the third grade I see.

Bethere
09-23-2016, 07:57 PM

A one time offer:

Pete writes a pm cc'd to both me and @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) saying that he recuses himself from all things bethere because he can't be objective and I will never ever ever address one of his posts again.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 08:03 PM

It's illustrating hypocrisy. In effect it's mirroring. It's not a tactic I might use (though I may have), but I don't see it as juvenile.

Bethere
09-23-2016, 08:04 PM
It's illustrating hypocrisy. In effect it's mirroring. It's not a tactic I might use (though I may have), but I don't see it as juvenile.

I stole it from pee wee herman.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 08:04 PM
Still stuck in the third grade I see.

You fourth garder's are so high and mighty...

Kidding ;)

You just set me up is all.

Common Sense
09-23-2016, 08:05 PM

OK, well maybe it's a bit juvenile.

hanger4
09-23-2016, 08:33 PM

Now I can believe that.

Mini Me
09-23-2016, 08:56 PM
There are probably many undecided voters who will be swayed. They probably don't speak up much to avoid being pummeled by partisans.

True! I would never be caught in my town with a sign or bumper sticker supporting ANY candidate! People here are hard right or far out left! I would have my car keyed, tires cut, or worse , the shit kicked out of me!

People will vote for Hill, just to keep trump out, and those for Trump want to keep Hill out!
A majority, I believe do not like either candidate! That's me for sure!