PDA

View Full Version : Major Ohio paper endorses Clinton after years of backing GOP

debbietoo
09-25-2016, 08:38 PM
The paper said Clinton was a "competent" secretary of state who made "mistakes" in Benghazi that were "tragic" but called Republicans' assessment of her actions a "diabolical conspiracy."

"Clinton, meanwhile, was a competent secretary of state, with far stronger diplomatic skills than she gets credit for. Yes, mistakes were made in Benghazi, and it was tragic that four Americans lost their lives in the 2012 terror attacks on the US consulate there," it wrote. "But the incident was never the diabolical conspiracy that Republicans wanted us to believe, and Clinton was absolved of blame after lengthy investigations."

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is more interested in his self that the country, the paper concludes.

Source:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/politics/cincinnati-enquirer-hillary-clinton-endorsement/?
iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion (http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/politics/cincinnati-enquirer-hillary-clinton-endorsement/?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion)

The polls may be close right now, but many are based on "likely voters", not registered voters. I feel Clinton will fare better during the debate tomorrow evening. Trump would be a dangerous election result for the nation and world, for that matter (very scary).:shakeshead:

MisterVeritis
09-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Will this paper still be in business in a year?

hanger4
09-25-2016, 08:48 PM
And just like the NYT's they ignore her failed policies in Libya and Syria and ignore her incompetence in handling classified information.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 09:48 PM
And just like the NYT's they ignore her failed policies in Libya and Syria and ignore her incompetence in handling classified information.

Bush lost 22,000,000 subpoenaed emails from a private server owned and operated by the gop.

hanger4
09-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Bush lost 22,000,000 subpoenaed emails from a private server owned and operated by the gop.

Already been debunked.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/12/14/white.house.emails/

Now you're spreading an untruth.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Already been debunked.

F.B.I. Director James Comey Recommends No Charges for Hillary Clinton on Email - The New York Times

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-email-comey.html&ved=0ahUKEwi-sZ2BhKzPAhUIPCYKHTmBDqkQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGn2KZKnkIByb8Sq7C-5lIhCoy0SQ

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

hanger4
09-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Already been debunked.

F.B.I. Director James Comey Recommends No Charges for Hillary Clinton on Email - The New York Times

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-email-comey.html&ved=0ahUKEwi-sZ2BhKzPAhUIPCYKHTmBDqkQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGn2KZKnkIByb8Sq7C-5lIhCoy0SQ

Comey said "extremely careless". As SoS she knew she'd be handling classified information on her home-brew unsecured server. That's incompetence.

Piss poor dodge BTW.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Comey said "extremely careless". As SoS she knew she'd be handling classified information on her home-brew unsecured server. That's incompetence.

Piss poor dodge BTW.

Comey said, "not even a close call," about his having said, "no reasonable prosecutor would touch the case."

Meanwhile, you seem to love Bush dodging the law concerning 22,000,000 subpoenaed emails using the gop's home brew server.

hanger4
09-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Comey said, "not even a close call," about his having said, "no reasonable prosecutor would touch the case."

So ?? Still doesn't exonerate her incompetence.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:13 PM
So ?? Still doesn't exonerate her incompetence.

So? That doesn't exonerate Bush's incompetence.

hanger4
09-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Meanwhile, you seem to love Bush dodging the law concerning 22,000,000 subpoenaed emails using the gop's home brew server.

Meanwhile that story was debunked in 2009. Do I need to post the CNN link a third time ?? You seem to be having a tough time comprehending what it says.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Meanwhile that story was debunked in 2009. Do I need to post the CNN link a third time ?? You seem to be having a tough time comprehending what it says.

hanger4
09-25-2016, 10:19 PM

You're losing it Bethere. Read and understand the CNN link. You're starting to look foolish.

hanger4
09-25-2016, 10:20 PM

Point conceded by Bethere. Thanks.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:23 PM
You're losing it Bethere. Read and understand the CNN link. You're starting to look foolish.

I did read it. They blew off the subpoena. They never did produce the emails. They had to recreate them from the gop's home brew server. Then they claimed a form of executive privilege and the emails remain secret to this day.

Hardly a debunking, the 22,000,000 lost emails were very real.

zelmo1234
09-25-2016, 10:28 PM

^^^^^LIAR^^^^^

We have been through this, but you did add the private server this time which is nice.

Do you sleep well at night?

This is why you can't do business with any liberals. They will lie about anything and everything to get what they want. It is why we charge more if we know that they are liberals going in.

It always cost more to do work for Liberals because they can't be honest.

zelmo1234
09-25-2016, 10:29 PM
I did read it. They blew off the subpoena. They never did produce the emails. They had to recreate them from the gop's home brew server. Then they claimed a form of executive privilege and the emails remain secret to this day.

When you are ready to end the Executive Privilege on the Fast and Furious Gun Running operation, you can then talk.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Do you sleep well at night?

Absolutely.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:32 PM
When you are ready to end the Executive Privilege on the Fast and Furious Gun Running operation, you can then talk.

The old fast and furious obfuscation!

Good times!

hanger4
09-25-2016, 10:37 PM

You read it ?? Seriously ??

Then what part of this;

"The Bush administration e-mails had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive."

didn't you understand ??

Cletus
09-25-2016, 10:47 PM

Bush isn't running for President.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:49 PM

Then what part of this;

"The Bush administration e-mails had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive."

didn't you understand ??

Then what part of this;

"Court records have shown that the Bush administration knew about the e-mail problems as far back as 2005 and did nothing to fix them, Sloan said."

didn't you understand ??

Bethere
09-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Bush isn't running for President.

The fbi refused to file charges.

"It's not even a close call, " said Comey. "No reasonable prosecutors would touch the case."

Meanwhile the Cincinnati Enquirer has endorsed a Democrat for the first time since Woodrow Wilson.

Cletus
09-25-2016, 11:12 PM
The fbi refused to file charges.

"It's not even a close call, " said Comey. "No reasonable prosecutors would touch the case."

All that means is that if they prosecuted her, they would not be likely to get a conviction. It has no bearing on whether she committed a crime.

Meanwhile the Cincinnati Enquirer has endorsed a Democrat for the first time since Woodrow Wilson.

Newspapers don't endorse candidates. The people who run them do. Your statement might mean something if the same people who ran the paper during the Wilson administration were still making the decisions, but they are not.

Bethere
09-25-2016, 11:34 PM
All that means is that if they prosecuted her, they would not be likely to get a conviction. It has no bearing on whether she committed a crime.

Newspapers don't endorse candidates. The people who run them do. Your statement might mean something if the same people who ran the paper during the Wilson administration were still making the decisions, but they are not.

What are you going to tell your friends when they stumble on this thread only to see an outnumbered 3:1 bethere stomp your asses?

I'm sure you'll have a story. Too bad I won't be here to laugh at it.

Pleasant dreams.

Captain Obvious
09-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Again, the fact that "unbiased media" endorse political candidates should be disturbing to anyone who has a half a fucking brain cell.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 03:26 AM
Out of all the American politicians involved in the Libya disaster, Hillary Clinton is the most responsible since she was the one pushing aggressively for Obama to intervene there.

Her pressuring Obama turned Libya, a relatively stable and prosperous country in an otherwise volatile region, into a terrorist wonderland where ISIS and AQ run amok.

Anyone who thinks that is an example of a competent Secretary of State is mentally retarded in some way.

FindersKeepers
09-26-2016, 04:35 AM
The polls may be close right now, but many are based on "likely voters", not registered voters. I feel Clinton will fare better during the debate tomorrow evening. Trump would be a dangerous election result for the nation and world, for that matter (very scary).:shakeshead:

Neither one of the major candidates are stellar examples of leaders, but the actions and demeanor of one of them should give every good American pause -- Hillary. If you're looking for a major war -- go ahead -- vote for her.

Talk about scary. Her track record as a jingoist is absolute. And, you want to put her in the Oval Office.

Unbelievable.

FindersKeepers
09-26-2016, 04:38 AM
Out of all the American politicians involved in the Libya disaster, Hillary Clinton is the most responsible since she was the one pushing aggressively for Obama to intervene there.

Her pressuring Obama turned Libya, a relatively stable and prosperous country in an otherwise volatile region, into a terrorist wonderland where ISIS and AQ run amok.

Anyone who thinks that is an example of a competent Secretary of State is mentally retarded in some way.

What Hillary has already done in her quest for dominance and power is beyond the pale.

We are in massive trouble when this jingoist takes office -- and, sadly, I believe she will. Hell hath no fury compared to what Hillary is capable of unleashing on the world.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 04:49 AM
Heck, even Obama admits that Libya is a mess and the biggest mistake of his presidency.

No doubt that is going to burden him for as long as he lives, as well it should.

Clinton and her supporters basically take two approaches to the issue of Libya: Ignore it if possible and haughtily declare it a success if they cannot ignore it.

This is pretty much their approach to every negative story about Clinton. Ignore it or simply declare that nothing is amiss and anyone who thinks otherwise is an insane conspiracy theorist.

That is why I always say Clinton supporters are nothing more than a cult, albeit it a large and influential one.

They refuse to believe anything bad about their dear leader no matter how much evidence is thrown in their face. They will cling to the DNC orthodoxy until they die or until they are deprogrammed somehow. And they will continue to steal other people's money in order to finance their lavish cult, and they will send armed men in costumes to get violent with you if you refuse their attempts at extortion. Their agents will claim it is your solemn duty to give them your justly earned property, even though you never actually consented to such an arrangement. And if it were any other cult besides the political cult that did this, everyone would see them for exactly what they are: Morally bankrupt, violent thieves who are extremely delusional and arrogant.

End rant.

:laugh:

FindersKeepers
09-26-2016, 05:32 AM
Heck, even Obama admits that Libya is a mess and the biggest mistake of his presidency.

No doubt that is going to burden him for as long as he lives, as well it should.

While Obama is not my favorite president, I have to give him credit for admitting the Libya mistake.

Clinton and her supporters basically take two approaches to the issue of Libya: Ignore it if possible and haughtily declare it a success if they cannot ignore it.

This is pretty much their approach to every negative story about Clinton. Ignore it or simply declare that nothing is amiss and anyone who thinks otherwise is an insane conspiracy theorist.

Exactly right. It's unbelievable how they give her a pass on the single worst mistake since the turn of the millennium. It was short-sighted, based solely on a power play. It created chaos in a nation that had only recently begun to stabilize. She actually bragged about the killing of Gaddafi, virtually beating her chest like Tarzan. She knew it was unraveling before the consulate was attacked, but her desire to cover her a$$ led her to lie to the American citizens, even as she admitted the truth to her daughter, Chelsea.

Women in Libya lost many rights and the chaos that ensued laid the groundwork for ISIS to gain a foothold in the Levant.

That is why I always say Clinton supporters are nothing more than a cult, albeit it a large and influential one.

Truly a cult. In the direst sense of the word.

I understand that folks are leery about Trump -- he's an unknown entity with limited political knowledge. He doesn't seem presidential.

Hillary on the other hand, is a known evil. Her record is unmistakable. No thinking person can vote for her.

hanger4
09-26-2016, 06:43 AM

Then what part of this;

"Court records have shown that the Bush administration knew about the e-mail problems as far back as 2005 and did nothing to fix them, Sloan said."

didn't you understand ??

You left out this part;

"We always indicated that there is an e-mail archiving system and a disaster recovery system," Stanzel said. "We also indicated that e-mails not properly archived could be found on disaster recovery tapes. There is a big, big difference between something not being properly archived and it being 'lost' or 'missing,'"

hanger4
09-26-2016, 06:49 AM
What are you going to tell your friends when they stumble on this thread only to see an outnumbered 3:1 bethere stomp your asses?

Pleasant dreams.

Bethere the only arse being stomped is your own and you're doing it to yourself.

stjames1_53
09-26-2016, 06:57 AM

bush ain't running for president........... whadanoodge

stjames1_53
09-26-2016, 07:01 AM

Pleasant dreams.

so far, all you've shown us is ancient history..............so big whoop...you should have prosecuted him yourself yeeeeeeeeeears ago
Ya see? That's why you're heading over the cliff...........and the great part about your going over a cliff, you're playing you're own pipes.
outnumbered???????? so much comedy surely does brighten my Monday

hanger4
09-26-2016, 07:06 AM
bush ain't running for president........... whadanoodge

aaaaaaash come on stjames1, give Bethere a break, without ' but but but they did it too' he/ she's got nothing.

Cletus
09-26-2016, 11:01 AM

Pleasant dreams.

You couldn't stomp my ass if I loaned you the boots.