PDA

View Full Version : Why would Trump Supporters not want their Candidate Fact-Checked?

Cigar
09-26-2016, 09:37 AM
... obviously because they like being Lied to. :laugh:

Mark III
09-26-2016, 10:50 AM
It's a good question. Did Hillary object to fact checking?

The American people, the audience, appear to be sheep being led to the slaughter. Trump is the pied piper.

Bethere
09-26-2016, 10:57 AM
... obviously because they like being Lied to. :laugh:
That, and also, they are quite aware already that they are being lied to.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 11:09 AM
Because fact checkers are dishonest.

hanger4
09-26-2016, 11:11 AM
"The Commission on Presidential Debates has some advice for debate moderators this fall: leave the fact-checking to the candidates."

"The Trump campaign is taking the same position. So are some former moderators, like Jim Lehrer, who has facilitated twelve presidential debates."

"Janet Brown, executive director of the commission, which organizes the debates every four years, said on CNN's "Reliable Sources" that "I don't think it's a good idea to get the moderator into essentially serving as the Encyclopedia Britannica."
Once the fact-checking door is open, "I'm not sure, what is the big fact, and what is a little fact?" She added, "Does your source about the unemployment rate agree with my source?"

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/25/media/janet-brown-presidential-debate/

Mark III
09-26-2016, 11:29 AM
If you are some one who lies every 2 1/2 minutes, you don't want active fact checkers there for a 90 minute debate. Trump and Kellyanne Conway may be world class liars, but they aren't completely stupid.

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Because fact checkers are dishonest.

:rollseyes:

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 11:46 AM

factcheck.whatever is a fucking joke.

Besides, if you need to rely on a factchecker to do your homework then you are an idiot.

Cigar
09-26-2016, 11:58 AM

That's what The Trump Mentality get you ... :laugh:

nic34
09-26-2016, 12:01 PM
factcheck.whatever is a $#@!ing joke.

Besides, if you need to rely on a factchecker to do your homework then you are an idiot.

Apologist for corporate media?

Crepitus
09-26-2016, 12:02 PM
The trump supporters know they are being lied to, they just don't like having their collective nose rubbed in it.

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 12:41 PM
factcheck.whatever is a $#@!ing joke.

Such hate. I spend time with other things so I rely on other sources. Something wrong with that?

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 12:42 PM
That's what The Trump Mentality get you ... :laugh:

Yep. Unhinged. Time for a xanex?

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 12:48 PM
Such hate. I spend time with other things so I rely on other sources. Something wrong with that?

If I explained it, you wouldn't get it.

People like you see what they want to see.

Whoosh...

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 12:50 PM
If I explained it, you wouldn't get it.

People like you see what they want to see.

Whoosh...

Nice dodge. I see very clearly., thank-you.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 01:07 PM
Nice dodge. I see very clearly., thank-you.

I'm sure you believe you do.

Cigar
09-26-2016, 02:04 PM
Bloomberg TV Will Fact-Check Tonight’s Debate in Real-TimeBloomberg TV will be the only network to fact-check the candidates on-screen during the presidential debate Monday night, according to Politico (http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/09/bloomberg-to-fact-check-debate-on-screen-228670?cmpid=sf).

The first of three presidential debates will be broadcasted on Bloomberg TV in addition to C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC among other networks, though only Bloomberg will be providing real-time reporting of the veracity of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton‘s statements.

Other news networks are planning to provide fact-checking, analysis, and commentary immediately following the 90-minutes debate, which will air without breaks or commercial interruption beginning at 9 p.m. ET.

The announcement of Bloomberg TV’s plan comes amid a fierce debate in media and political circles (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/debate-commission-official-wary-of-moderators-fact-checking-shouldnt-be-encyclopedia/) about the role of the debate moderator — and, specifically, whether or not it is incumbent upon moderator Lester Holt to call out the candidates if they speak mistruths during the debate.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bloomberg-tv-will-fact-check-tonights-debate-in-real-time/

birddog
09-26-2016, 02:37 PM
This thread is a real hoot! Liberals who support the biggest liar in the history of politics, and that is most certainly Hillary, are accusing Trump of the same! What a bunch of hypocrites dims are! :rofl::rofl:

Cigar
09-26-2016, 02:40 PM
This thread is a real hoot! Liberals who support the biggest liar in the history of politics, and that is most certainly Hillary, are accusing Trump of the same! What a bunch of hypocrites dims are! :rofl::rofl:

Trump lies every 5 minutes — according to science

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/trump-lies-every-5-minutes-according-to-science/

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 02:44 PM
People are idiots, this country is dooned.

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm sure you believe you do.

No, just had my eyes examined and I'm better than 20/20. :grin:

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 02:49 PM
No, just had my eyes examined and I'm better than 20/20. :grin:

"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter"

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 02:53 PM
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter"

Hmmm. That kinda sounds like some of these alt-right people who are anti-democracy and want a strongman or perhaps even a monarch to run things because the average voter has no clue about what is "best" for the country. Is that where you are coming from?

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Hmmm. That kinda sounds like some of these alt-right people who are anti-democracy and want a strongman or perhaps even a monarch to run things because the average voter has no clue about what is "best" for the country. Is that where you are coming from?

No, I've said all along we are ungovernable.

All political systems will ultimately fail.

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 02:57 PM
No, I've said all along we are ungovernable.

All political systems will ultimately fail.

I'd agree that they will evolve and morph to reflect the times but I'm not sure they will ultimately fail. I guess it depends on how you define fail.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 02:59 PM
I'd agree that they will evolve and morph to reflect the times but I'm not sure they will ultimately fail. I guess it depends on how you define fail.

Not destruction fail, the "doesn't work as planned" fail.

ripmeister
09-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Not destruction fail, the "doesn't work as planned" fail.

Well you would want to seem to define that as being a bad thing. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing to evolve and adjust to a change in circumstance when the "doesn't worked out as planned situation arises. In fact things that don't evolve do generally become extinct.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Well you would want to seem to define that as being a bad thing. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing to evolve and adjust to a change in circumstance when the "doesn't worked out as planned situation arises. In fact things that don't evolve do generally become extinct.

There has never at any time in societies where a minority controls the majority of wealth and power nor will there ever be, for a reason.

The average bucket carrier is an idiot and ripe for harvest by the elite.