PDA

View Full Version : The Presidential Debate

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 03:43 PM
Starts at 9 PM Eastern and will be on most major networks.

I don't expect much in the way of actual substance, so I'll be watching purely for entertainment value.

I predict Trump will try to appear "presidential" while Clinton will try to appear personable and "stable".

If Trump were smart, he would stick almost exclusively to policy and hit on Clinton's absolutely horrible record on foreign policy (Iraq, Libya, Syria) as well as her hostility towards the second amendment.

He should ask her directly: Does the second amendment protect an individual right to keep and bear arms, yes or no?

If she lies and says yes, then he should ask her if she supports a ban on rifles like the AR-15, which is the most popular rifle in America.

I want to watch her sweat.

exploited
09-26-2016, 03:52 PM
I disagree. I think that Trump has no choice but to push Hillary into losing her temper or reacting emotionally. If he tries to stick to policy, he will be annihilated. But if he can get her upset, and have her start up with that awful screech of hers, he could win.

Green Arrow
09-26-2016, 03:53 PM
I will be watching. I have a bottle of bourbon saved up.

Cigar
09-26-2016, 03:59 PM
:laugh: This Debate means nothing to me ... it's all Entertainment until November 8th

I'll be Voting early anyway next Month.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 04:04 PM
I disagree. I think that Trump has no choice but to push Hillary into losing her temper or reacting emotionally. If he tries to stick to policy, he will be annihilated. But if he can get her upset, and have her start up with that awful screech of hers, he could win.

Not sure how he can get annihilated when they're focusing on Hillary Clinton's absolutely horrible foreign policy record or her desire to ban millions of rifles.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 04:10 PM
If Trump brings up Clinton's desire to ban AR-15s, he can potentially lose her millions of votes just with a few simple words.

Anyone who owns an AR-15 (millions of Americans) will hear that and automatically decide not to vote for her. And anyone who values the right to keep and bear arms will be strongly disinclined to vote for her.

Trump has nothing to lose by bringing it up and focusing on it.

exploited
09-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Not sure how he can get annihilated when they're focusing on Hillary Clinton's absolutely horrible foreign policy record or her desire to ban millions of rifles.

Because he is an idiot who can't even form a coherent sentence, let alone espouse a policy set that makes sense. The moment he is asked for specifics he will fail utterly. Clinton, on the other hand, is a known policy wonk, even if you disagree with her opinions.

What he needs to do is stick with the plan, which has worked so far, and is his only advantage: insult her and make her go off-script, then use his superior trolling skills to hit her with zinger after zinger. Capitalize on the anger and distrust and dislike people have of her. Do not give her an opportunity to discuss policy in any meaningful way. The media loves sound bites and he can provide them.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHjkhZgvAk

Cigar
09-26-2016, 04:20 PM
http://dryerreport.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/hillary-what-difference-does-it-make-use-this-one.jpg (http://dryerreport.com/what-difference-does-it-make/)

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Because he is an idiot who can't even form a coherent sentence, let alone espouse a policy set that makes sense. The moment he is asked for specifics he will fail utterly. Clinton, on the other hand, is a known policy wonk, even if you disagree with her opinions.

What he needs to do is stick with the plan, which has worked so far, and is his only advantage: insult her and make her go off-script, then use his superior trolling skills to hit her with zinger after zinger. Capitalize on the anger and distrust and dislike people have of her. Do not give her an opportunity to discuss policy in any meaningful way. The media loves sound bites and he can provide them.

Just because he speaks plainly and frankly does not mean he's an idiot who cannot form coherent sentences. And there is no dichotomy between pithy soundbites and substantive policy issues. He can do both.

exploited
09-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Just because he speaks plainly and frankly does not mean he's an idiot who cannot form coherent sentences. And there is no dichotomy between pithy soundbites and substantive policy issues. He can do both.

That's true, speaking plainly doesn't necessarily mean you're an idiot. Of course, Trump is still an idiot, and it is compounded by his plain speaking.

He can't do substantive policy because he doesn't have substantive policy. This is a man who has managed to somehow lie and contradict himself 10x more than Hillary Clinton, who up until Trump won the nomination, I thought was the most dishonest candidate in modern history.

The guy is literally brain-dead, Eth. His only saving grace is being quick-witted and lethal in a verbal gunfight. He needs to embrace that strength tonight.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Is Trump an idiot, or is that a talking point?

OGIS
09-26-2016, 05:11 PM

There is a very good reason for that. He is communicating. And, God, is it working.

Here's a good analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Wow. The hard left is unhinged.

Continue.

exploited
09-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Is Trump an idiot, or is that a talking point?

It is an accurate description. His IQ is definitely sub-100, although I think the actual definition of an idiot is sub-70, isn't it? In that case, I'll put it this way: he acts like an idiot.

Common Sense
09-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Wow. The hard left is unhinged.

Continue.

Maybe you're unaware of your dozens of Hillary threads and cries of globalism? I don't think you should be pointing any fingers.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 05:36 PM
I'll be Voting early anyway next Month.

and often?

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 05:38 PM
If there is actually someone considering voting for either Clinton or Trump and they need to watch this debate before making up their mind, I don't really want that person to vote. That person isn't smart enough to to vote.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 05:44 PM
It is an accurate description. His IQ is definitely sub-100, although I think the actual definition of an idiot is sub-70, isn't it? In that case, I'll put it this way: he acts like an idiot.

I read somewhere that Trump's IQ is 156. In contrast to that, Obama's is 102.

Chris
09-26-2016, 05:45 PM
I will be watching. I have a bottle of bourbon saved up.

https://i.snag.gy/ZFe5th.jpg

Of course you would scratch Johnson and put Stein.

Common Sense
09-26-2016, 05:46 PM
I read somewhere that Trump'S IQ is 156. In contrast to that, Obama's is 102.

I wouldn't trust chain emails as a news source. It's not something someone with a high IQ would do. ;)

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't trust chain emails as a news source. It's not something someone with a high IQ would do. ;)

It doesn't take a chain email to know that the claim of Trump's IQ being below 100 is just partisan motivated idiocy.

MisterVeritis
09-26-2016, 06:06 PM
You are a fool. Sadly, but not unexpectedly, you are not aware that you are a fool.

exploited
09-26-2016, 06:14 PM
I read somewhere that Trump's IQ is 156. In contrast to that, Obama's is 102.

Albert Einsteins IQ was about 160. So... No.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Do you have any data that indicates Trump has a sub-100 IQ? Or is that what you have been told to post by the DNC?

exploited
09-26-2016, 06:16 PM
It doesn't take a chain email to know that the claim of Trump's IQ being below 100 is just partisan motivated idiocy.

An IQ of 90-110 is considered average, so if you interpret my statement generously, he could very well be of average intelligence. However I suspect that he would have an IQ right around 85. His English skills relative to his age would drag it down enormously. He speaks at about a sixth grade level, and I know a few smart 7 year olds with better grammar and a wider vocabulary.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Maybe you're unaware of your dozens of Hillary threads and cries of globalism? I don't think you should be pointing any fingers.

You post is internally inconsistent. Tighten up.

If the nationalism v. globalism debate has you vexed, seek out better news sources and wait around. It is already well known in the intellectual class.

exploited
09-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Do you have any data that indicates Trump has a sub-100 IQ? Or is that what you have been told to post by the DNC?

The DNC? If I post for the DNC, you are a long-term GOP operative whose salary is paid for by the Koch Brothers.

His vocabulary and grammar is right around the 5th or 6th Grade level. His policy suggestions are basically incoherent, and he has a hard time being consistent longer than a couple of hours. I'd say my assessment is fairly accurate. 85-95, from just below average to average.

As for data, nope, sheer speculation on my part. I know quite a few conservatives, and even a few libertarians, who are extremely intelligent. They would talk circles around Trump.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Albert Einsteins IQ was about 160. So... No.

which has nothing to do with your original dumb comment.

Bethere
09-26-2016, 06:23 PM
You post is internally inconsistent. Tighten up.

If the nationalism v. globalism debate has you vexed, seek out better news sources and wait around. It is already well known in the intellectual class.

The election is not about globalism v nationalism. Rather it's a referendum on trump and the sanity of the gop.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 06:24 PM
The DNC? If I post for the DNC, you are a long-term GOP operative whose salary is paid for by the Koch Brothers.

His vocabulary and grammar is right around the 5th or 6th Grade level. His policy suggestions are basically incoherent, and he has a hard time being consistent longer than a couple of hours. I'd say my assessment is fairly accurate. 85-95, from just below average to average.

As for data, nope, sheer speculation on my part. I know quite a few conservatives, and even a few libertarians, who are extremely intelligent. They would talk circles around Trump.

Your debate tactics are dishonest and not appreciated. Marine. Or not.

exploited
09-26-2016, 06:24 PM
which has nothing to do with your original dumb comment.

Well, actually, it referred to your dumb comment, which claimed something about an IQ of 156. Which would make him on par with Einstein.

Try to keep up little buddy.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 06:25 PM
The election is not about globalism v nationalism. Rather it's a referendum on trump and the sanity of the gop.

Incorrect.

Brexit.

Tahuyaman

It's just partisan motivated drivel. The kid doesn't know his ass from deep center field, so how would he know anything about Trump's IQ.

exploited
Your debate tactics are dishonest and not appreciated. Marine. Or not.

Coming from you, that is a compliment. You're a loon.

Bethere

Watching him defend trump day after day is instructive.

MisterVeritis
09-26-2016, 06:26 PM

For a liberal, this is what passes for intelligent. How many sixth graders do you know who have created multi-billion dollar companies?

Bethere
09-26-2016, 06:27 PM
Incorrect.

Brexit.

The vast majority of Americans have no idea what brexit was.

exploited
For a liberal, this is what passes for intelligent. How many sixth graders do you know who have created multi-billion dollar companies?

None. I also don't know any sixth graders who inherited a couple hundred million dollars. In any case, motivation and drive is far more important for economic success than intelligence. And Trump has tons of both, to his credit.

Tahuyaman
An IQ of 90-110 is considered average, so if you interpret my statement generously, he could very well be of average intelligence. However I suspect that he would have an IQ right around 85. His English skills relative to his age would drag it down enormously. He speaks at about a sixth grade level, and I know a few smart 7 year olds with better grammar and a wider vocabulary.

You claimed his IQ was "sub-100". Obviously yours puts you in the range of the mentally challenged.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:29 PM
Well, actually, it referred to your dumb comment, which claimed something about an IQ of 156. Which would make him on par with Einstein.

Try to keep up little buddy.

You are proving to be not very bright.

Private Pickle
09-26-2016, 06:31 PM
I'm gonna watch the debates on Telemundo...

Bethere
09-26-2016, 06:31 PM
You are proving to be not very bright.

Really? So you think trump has a higher iq than Einstein had?

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:35 PM

No and I never claimed he did.

Reading is fundamental.

exploited
09-26-2016, 06:39 PM
You claimed his IQ was "sub-100". Obviously yours puts you in the range of the mentally challenged.

Yes, I did. Specifically 85-95. You'll note that both numbers are sub-100. Do you need me to go over counting with you?

Common Sense
09-26-2016, 06:40 PM

So what is claiming that Obama's IQ is 102, if not partisan motivated idiocy?

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:51 PM
So what is claiming that Obama's IQ is 102, if not partisan motivated idiocy?

102 is probably higher than yours or the kid who opined on Trump's.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Yes, I did. Specifically 85-95. You'll note that both numbers are sub-100. Do you need me to go over counting with you?

You make so many dumb comments, I think you lose track of them.

exploited
09-26-2016, 06:53 PM

Sure thing little buddy.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 06:59 PM

Sure thing little buddy.

maybe you should create a folder to keep track of them all?

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 07:01 PM

Are you trying to make a claim that I said Trump has a higher IQ than Albert Einstein?

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 07:06 PM
It's just partisan motivated drivel. The kid doesn't know his ass from deep center field, so how would he know anything about Trump's IQ.

Agreed. See his next post to me. It is like a check sheet.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 07:06 PM
The vast majority of Americans have no idea what brexit was.

We are in complete agreement on that. :smiley:

exploited
09-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Agreed. See his next post to me. It is like a check sheet.

You ought to learn the definition of words before using them, or agreeing with somebody who uses them erroneously. Or are you purposely emulating Trump?

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Well, a good percentage couldn't tell you who the VP of the United States is or what event we celebrate on the 4th of July.

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 07:12 PM
You ought to learn the definition of words before using them, or agreeing with somebody who uses them erroneously. Or are you purposely emulating Trump?

I am not a Trump supporter. I also am not a hack for the DNC.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 07:15 PM
You are a fool. Sadly, but not unexpectedly, you are not aware that you are a fool.

He aware, he's just too young to come out and admit it.

exploited
09-26-2016, 07:16 PM
I am not a Trump supporter. I also am not a hack for the DNC.

I know, you've said many times you don't support Trump, and instead support Johnson. I believe you.

As for me, I'm not a fan of the Democrats, and I'm definitely not a fan of Hillary Clinton. She is a corrupt liar, a narcissist and a sociopath (although, to be fair, the latter two descriptions are required to hold that office).

exploited
09-26-2016, 07:17 PM
He aware, he's just too young to come out and admit it.

Look at you, having fun with your friends! That's so cute.

Tahuyaman
09-26-2016, 07:18 PM
Look at you, having fun with your friends! That's so cute.

Look at you. Continuing to make a fool of yourself. That's so cute.

exploited
09-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Look at you. Continuing to make a fool of yourself. That's so cute.

The moment I don't look like a fool in your eyes is the exact moment I will feel like one. Carry on little buddy.

Private Pickle
09-26-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm going to put the debate on mute then turn up Mexican soccer....should be fun...

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 07:24 PM
I know, you've said many times you don't support Trump, and instead support Johnson. I believe you.

As for me, I'm not a fan of the Democrats, and I'm definitely not a fan of Hillary Clinton. She is a corrupt liar, a narcissist and a sociopath (although, to be fair, the latter two descriptions are required to hold that office).

We pretty much agree on that. :smiley:

Peter1469
09-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Saints are on.

Private Pickle
09-26-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm gonna watch the debates while macrameing jean shorts..

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 07:47 PM

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Trump really needs to bring up Clinton's plan to escalate US involvement in Syria. He should ask her how this benefits the average American and if she is willing to risk a war with Russia in order to remove another secular ruler from a Middle Eastern country.

Green Arrow
09-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Saints are on.

As much as I love watching Drew Brees play, I gotta go with the debate.

Crepitus
09-26-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm gonna watch the debates while macrameing jean shorts..
You got an early start on the drinking game didn't you.

I better go catch up!

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Clinton's opening statement completely wooden and lifeless.

Trump stumbling and bumbling over softball questions.

Crepitus
09-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Donald is losing his cool already.

Crepitus
09-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Oh boy, he's almost foaming at the mouth.

OGIS
09-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Clinton started the sniping with the "daddy's money" snark, and it is escalating from there.

As of now, my impressions:
- Clinton pollyanna starry eyed optimism - but like a script
- Trump's losing on the Cool Under Fire factor... so far.
- Trump sounds out of his comfort zone saying anything other than "everything has been horrible."

Crepitus
09-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Trump's pushing trickle down. "the wealthy are gonna create millions of jobs".

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Donald is losing his cool already.

Hillary is needling him but has has not lost his cool.

he's making her look and sound like a cardboard cutout

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 08:33 PM

The wealthy are not stuck in America

liberals think they can suck all the blood from the cow without killing it.

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 08:34 PM
The audience cheers when trump hits her on the missing emails

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Trump is starting to warm up a little and Clinton is struggling to seem personable.

Trump would do himself a huge favor by not constantly interrupting Clinton.

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Trump is starting to warm up a little and Clinton is struggling to seem personable.

Trump would do himself a huge favor by not constantly interrupting Clinton.

He does not interupt when she is talking about her policies but does interupt when she is bashing trump

OGIS
09-26-2016, 08:52 PM
My prediction: as of now, it's in the bag for Hillary. Dem landslide.

90% or more of attitudes and decisions are based on first impressions. People have made up their minds:

- Hillary is the adult... a scheming and corrupt one perhaps, but still the adult, with some idea of direction.

- Donald is the petulant, nasty child who's entire rhetorical inventory consists of prior horror stories.

button button who's got the button?

exploited
09-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Trump is getting annihilated. It is embarrassing for anyone to get annihilated by Hillary Clinton. If he knew anything about policy his passion would be a good thing, but because he is an idiot, he doesn't know anything about policy.

Also: the no-fly list gun ban is bullsh*t. So is the no-fly list.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 08:55 PM
I have no idea what the average Joe is thinking when he watches this. I think Trump has had the best singular moments but the worst overall performance so far.

OGIS
09-26-2016, 08:56 PM

That's turning into something of a third rail....

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 08:57 PM
I have no idea what the average Joe is thinking when he watches this. I think Trump has had the best singular moments but the worst overall performance so far.

Hillary is a recording.

very scripted

Safety
09-26-2016, 08:59 PM
"I've prepared for to be president...."

Archer0915
09-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Neither one has really answered a question yet, Hillary has looked better thus far.

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Neither one has really answered a question yet, Hillary has looked better thus far.

Its a tie so far.

but the campaign against trump in the lib news media has been that trump is not qualified to be president

when he argues Hillary to a standstill he exceeds expectations and he wins

del
09-26-2016, 09:18 PM
trump looks and sounds like a petulant child.

del
09-26-2016, 09:19 PM
hillary is wooden.

exploited
09-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Its a tie so far.

but the campaign against trump in the lib news media has been that trump is not qualified to be president

when he argues Hillary to a standstill he exceeds expectations and he wins

Lol what? Trump sounds like a drunk uncle sitting around at Thanksgiving solving the world's problems. He is getting wrecked.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Clinton wastes no time in whipping up the anti-Russian fearmongering.

del
09-26-2016, 09:21 PM
trump is denying he supported the war in iraq.

he's losing it.

del
09-26-2016, 09:22 PM
"nobody called sean hannity to verify i was against the war"

lester holt is pretty good.

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Lol what? Trump sounds like a drunk uncle sitting around at Thanksgiving solving the world's problems. He is getting wrecked.

opinions from canada dont count

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:26 PM
trump is denying he supported the war in iraq.

he's losing it.

Lester holt is working for hillary

del
09-26-2016, 09:26 PM
Lester holt is working for hillary

try not to be a moron

exploited
09-26-2016, 09:27 PM

lol your opinion doesn't count. Daddy is getting annihilated by the most idiotic Democratic candidate in years. How does that feel?

del
09-26-2016, 09:28 PM
trump- we're losing money on defense

how astute

Chloe
09-26-2016, 09:28 PM

Mac do you really and truly believe that Trumps performance right now is comforting, inspiring, insightful and presidential? Just because he throws zingers at someone that you don't like doesn't equal those things, does it?

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:29 PM
try not to be a moron

Fuck you asshole

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 09:29 PM
This is absolutely horrible and soul-crushing.

del
09-26-2016, 09:30 PM
Fuck you asshole

try harder

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:31 PM
trump- we're losing money on defense

how astute

Hillary is reciting a script written by pollsters and focus group gurus

trump is telling us what he really thinks

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:32 PM
try harder

No del

i know you are a gutter dweller and I'm finished with you

exploited
09-26-2016, 09:34 PM
This is absolutely horrible and soul-crushing.

So, curious what you think after this: is Trump an idiot or not? I know we agree that Clinton is an idiot.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 09:36 PM
So, curious what you think after this: is Trump an idiot or not? I know we agree that Clinton is an idiot.

I don't think either of them are idiots. I think Trump is a bad debater and Clinton has the personality of a wet mop.

exploited
09-26-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't think either of them are idiots. I think Trump is a bad debater and Clinton has the personality of a wet mop.

You don't think either of them are an idiot? Really?

Huh.

Did we watch the same debate?

del
09-26-2016, 09:44 PM
trump is whining that hillary is running campaign ads.

lol

Green Arrow
09-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Well, that was a predictable dumpster fire. At least I got to get drunk...

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 09:50 PM
He keeps harping on the Iran deal, yet he mentioned Libya only once.

Reasonable people can defend the Iran deal, whereas Libya is generally agreed to be an unmitigated disaster.

Instead of going after the absolute lowest hanging fruit and pouncing on it, he's going after something that is ambiguous at best.

Absolutely mind-boggling.

del
09-26-2016, 09:53 PM
he has the attention spam of a fruit fly.

he was much worse than i thought he'd be.

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 09:54 PM
He keeps harping on the Iran deal, yet he mentioned Libya only once.

Reasonable people can defend the Iran deal, whereas Libya is generally agreed to be an unmitigated disaster.

Instead of going after the absolute lowest hanging fruit and pouncing on it, he's going after something that is ambiguous at best.

Absolutely mind-boggling.

Only delusionsl libs could defend the iran deal

but libya is a mess too

MisterVeritis
09-26-2016, 09:55 PM
None. I also don't know any sixth graders who inherited a couple hundred million dollars. In any case, motivation and drive is far more important for economic success than intelligence. And Trump has tons of both, to his credit.
Right. It looks to me like his mouth cannot keep up with his brain. I believe he should work on that.

exploited
09-26-2016, 09:56 PM
he has the attention spam of a fruit fly.

he was much worse than i thought he'd be.

He did exactly what I knew he shouldn't. He tried to talk policy, and it was an unmitigated disaster.

If he wants to win, he needs to focus on Clintons' weaknesses. Her weakness is not policy. Notice how he broke the rules of the debate over and over again - never once in a way that benefits him. He needs to nail her for the stuff she can be rightfully nailed for, and do his best to avoid stating his opinion about anything, because he is an idiot.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 09:59 PM
Trump's delivery is far superior to Clinton's. And when he hits on a point, it lands hard. But his overall performance was so uneven that those few bright moments were overshadowed by his ceaseless meandering.

Clinton is a lifeless, boring person who is parroting talking points, yet she managed to appear more even and consistent in her delivery and her message.

This debate was terrible to watch. Republicans and Democrats have chosen extremely poorly.

OGIS
09-26-2016, 09:59 PM
Well, that was a predictable dumpster fire. At least I got to get drunk...

High is better, trust me. Two bowls of Chilean Gold and one house joint and MsOGIS and me are both groking the whole thing and laughing our asses off.

Trump is done. Stick a fork in him and someone get the lights.

It will be interesting to see the directions the Trumpenvolk here take this:
- now, tonight.
- over the next week with what I think will be a 7 to 10 point plunge.
- and then a slow drip drip drip into Goldwater-like defeat.

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Only delusionsl libs could defend the iran deal

Not at all.

The Iran deal was one of the few good things Obama did during his presidency.

The only way you can be against it is if you believe the endless lies being told about Iran by Israel and American neocons who never met a country they didn't want to invade or bomb.

but libya is a mess too

And Trump barely discussed it. Instead, he fixated on the Iran deal which is ambiguous at best. The average voter isn't going to understand why a diplomatic agreement with Iran is some kind of huge deal, but they will understand how destroying a country and turning it into a terrorist playground is a huge deal.

CaveDog
09-26-2016, 10:03 PM
As much as I want Hillary to lose, she was the Eskimo tonight and Trump was the baby seal. Even I was slack jawed listening to him. It will take days to mop the blood off the stage.

Mac-7
09-26-2016, 10:10 PM
Not at all.

The Iran deal was one of the few good things Obama did during his presidency.

The only way you can be against it is if you believe the endless lies being told about Iran by Israel and American neocons who never met a country they didn't want to invade or bomb.

And Trump barely discussed it. Instead, he fixated on the Iran deal which is ambiguous at best. The average voter isn't going to understand why a diplomatic agreement with Iran is some kind of huge deal, but they will understand how destroying a country and turning it into a terrorist playground is a huge deal.

Iran gets $150 billion dollars to releave the pressure of sanctions.

they get the bomb in 10 years and icbms whenever they want them

this will begin a nuclear arms race and further destabilize the region

Ethereal
09-26-2016, 10:21 PM
Iran gets $150 billion dollars to releave the pressure of sanctions.

It was their money to begin with. And the sanctions are a completely useless provocation. Integrating Iran into the world economy is the surest way to placate them and calm tensions.

they get the bomb in 10 years and icbms whenever they want them

That is pure speculation based on zero evidence.

In fact, both American and Israeli intelligence have said there is no evidence that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons.

U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/world/middleeast/us-agencies-see-no-move-by-iran-to-build-a-bomb.html)

Leaked cables show Netanyahu’s Iran bomb claim contradicted by Mossad (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/23/leaked-spy-cables-netanyahu-iran-bomb-mossad)

You're just parroting imperialist propaganda with no basis in fact or reason.

this will begin a nuclear arms race and further destabilize the region

More speculation with zero basis in evidence.

The best way to stabilize the region is to integrate Iran into the world economy. That will sooth tensions and create opportunities for exchange and diplomacy.

You just cannot conceive of any solution to this problem that doesn't involve using force or the threat of force.

OGIS
09-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Trump's delivery is far superior to Clinton's. And when he hits on a point, it lands hard. But his overall performance was so uneven that those few bright moments were overshadowed by his ceaseless meandering.

Clinton is a lifeless, boring person who is parroting talking points, yet she managed to appear more even and consistent in her delivery and her message.

This debate was terrible to watch. Republicans and Democrats have chosen extremely poorly.

And yet it was the lifeless boring parrot adult/parent as opposed to the nasty petulant classless child that we saw tonight. My wife said it best: "There were two people on stage. One was a mother, the other was a spoiled, bratty child."

Americans want to select the perceived adult/parent as POTUS. Hillary was that, here.

Americans want to select the perceived Nice Guy (even if the Nice Guy is surrounded in controversy) as POTUS. Clinton just looks more likeable than Trump (it's the Nixon Shadow effect all over again).

And finally, Americans want to select the perceived Leader as POTUS. There were several instances on that screen where Clinton looked almost regal, and where Trump looked like the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 11:13 PM
"leader"... lawl

donttread
09-27-2016, 06:40 AM
Starts at 9 PM Eastern and will be on most major networks.

I don't expect much in the way of actual substance, so I'll be watching purely for entertainment value.

I predict Trump will try to appear "presidential" while Clinton will try to appear personable and "stable".

If Trump were smart, he would stick almost exclusively to policy and hit on Clinton's absolutely horrible record on foreign policy (Iraq, Libya, Syria) as well as her hostility towards the second amendment.

He should ask her directly: Does the second amendment protect an individual right to keep and bear arms, yes or no?

If she lies and says yes, then he should ask her if she supports a ban on rifles like the AR-15, which is the most popular rifle in America.

I want to watch her sweat.

I boycotted due to Johnson and Stein not being allowed in and instead watched a couple entertaining episodes of "sex sent me to the ER" and then the second half of the Monday Night Football game which was fun because both clubs left their defences at home.
I imagine I missed a lot of lying, cheap shots and promises that are fiscally impossible on which the candidates weren't called out on very much?

Archer0915
09-27-2016, 07:21 AM
Poor debate on both sides. I think the moderator won.

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 07:41 AM
Trump took the bait on several issues and became unhinged. Particularly on his finances. Blathering like an idiot.

Clinton had a few zingers (as did Trump), but what I think people will remember is his bragging about not paying taxes as smart business. His blustering about how America is broke was nicely contrasted by pointing out he contributes little in taxes.

Donald does best when he's attacking. He does very poorly on defence. Clinton so easily baited him.

Archer0915
09-27-2016, 07:46 AM
Trump took the bait on several issues and became unhinged. Particularly on his finances. Blathering like an idiot.

Clinton had a few zingers (as did Trump), but what I think people will remember is his bragging about not paying taxes as smart business. His blustering about how America is broke was nicely contrasted by pointing out he contributes little in taxes.

Donald does best when he's attacking. He does very poorly on defence. Clinton so easily baited him.

Yup and most people are just not smart enough to understand what it means for a millionaire not to pay taxes.

If there was no federal tax liability it was because his money that he spent went on to generate revenues beyond what he would have paid in taxes and he actually invested/donated/... much more than he would have if he had just kept all his money and paid taxes.

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 07:53 AM
It was their money to begin with.

Do I care?

no

they are the enemy and obumer is helping a nation that wants to kill us

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 07:55 AM
Lol..

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 07:55 AM

There is some truth in what our canadian visitor is saying

hillary was baiting trump and it worked to her advantages at times

OGIS
09-27-2016, 09:31 AM

The Clinton campaign should use a recording of him saying that.

OGIS
09-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Yup and most people are just not smart enough to understand what it means for a millionaire not to pay taxes.

If there was no federal tax liability it was because his money that he spent went on to generate revenues beyond what he would have paid in taxes and he actually invested/donated/... much more than he would have if he had just kept all his money and paid taxes.

So.... that's your story and you're sticking to it?

Please explain to me how your second paragraph is not utter nonsense.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 09:35 AM
:rofl: You gotta love them, they're sticking to their guns and going down with the ship.

Adelaide
09-27-2016, 09:51 AM
try not to be a moron

Fuck you asshole

Thread banned for name calling and insults.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2016, 10:08 AM
lawl

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 10:10 AM
The moment I don't look like a fool in your eyes is the exact moment I will feel like one. Carry on little buddy.

It might help if you try to come up with a retort which hasn't been used at least a dozen times by everyone here.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Poor debate on both sides. I think the moderator won.

Clearly Mrs. Clinton got under Trump's skin and got him off message, So in that sense, Hillary came out the winner. But clearly the moderator was much tougher on Trump than he was with Clinton. He completely avoided asking Mrs. Clinton questions about why she is so distrusted by a vast majority of the American people. He appeared to be a partisan pretending to be objective.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 10:17 AM

Spot on.....

exploited
09-27-2016, 10:18 AM
It might help if you try to come up with a retort which hasn't been used at least a dozen times by everyone here.

Haha sure thing little buddy.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2016, 10:20 AM
:rofl: You gotta love them, they're sticking to their guns and going down with the ship.
I wouldn't gloat too soon. Romney beat the hell out of Obama in their first debate. Trump was his own worst enemy. I hope he sees his performance as so abysmal that he trains for the next event. If he does he will win. If not the nation loses.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't gloat too soon. Romney beat the hell out of Obama in their first debate. Trump was his own worst enemy. I hope he sees his performance as so abysmal that he trains for the next event. If he does he will win. If not the nation loses.

Yea you hang on to that. :laugh:

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 10:22 AM
H...
Trump is done. Stick a fork in him and someone get the lights....

Not necessarily. If one remembers back to the debates between Clinton and Obama, she completely destroyed Obama in their first debate. He looked utterly lost. He was smart enough to listen to his advisors and figured out how to respond effectively.

Trump could do the same if he has the ability to listen to advice.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2016, 10:35 AM
Yea you hang on to that. :laugh:
It is not mine to hang on to. I hope Trump knows how badly he performed. If he does he will fix it. If he believes he won then we will lose.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 11:05 AM

Haha sure thing little buddy.

If you were as smart as you think you are, you would take my advice.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 11:08 AM

Obama also looked like a fool in his first debate with Mrs Clinton. He had the good sense to accept advice from his campaign advisors.

I don't know that Trump is humble enough to accept advice from anyone.

exploited
09-27-2016, 12:08 PM
If you were as smart as you think you are, you would take my advice.

No, I wouldn't. The two things - being smart, and taking your advice - are mutually exclusive. Like a quark encountering an anti-quark.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 12:22 PM
No, I wouldn't. The two things - being smart, and taking your advice - are mutually exclusive. Like a quark encountering an anti-quark.

More like a neutrino. A little tau, a little muon, a little electron--he is whatever he needs to be at any given time.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 12:25 PM

If you want to continue to look foolish, that's on you.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 12:26 PM

Instead of an up quark you choose to be a down quark.

Chris
09-27-2016, 12:32 PM

There are up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom quarks.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 12:34 PM

and you're right there with him.

exploited
09-27-2016, 01:09 PM

We've gone over this before. If you think I am foolish, what it means is that I am rational and on-point. If you think I'm being stupid, what it means is that I have just said something highly intelligent. It is very useful, actually - keep on being you, little buddy.

OGIS
09-27-2016, 01:19 PM

Are you keeping a scorecard?

Everybody needs a hobby, I guess.

OGIS
09-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Not necessarily. If one remembers back to the debates between Clinton and Obama, she completely destroyed Obama in their first debate. He looked utterly lost. He was smart enough to listen to his advisors and figured out how to respond effectively.

Trump could do the same if he has the ability to listen to advice.

I took his ability to listen into account when I said that. I do not think he has Obama's ability to divorce ego from his salesmanship and rhetoric. I may be wrong, however. But at the moment, I'd bet on Hillary. We shall see....

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:39 PM
I took his ability to listen into account when I said that. I do not think he has Obama's ability to divorce ego from his salesmanship and rhetoric. I may be wrong, however. But at the moment, I'd bet on Hillary. We shall see....

Obama is also an egomaniac, but he's an egomaniac who was smart enough to know that he needed to take the advice of the political advisors in his campaign.

I don't know that there's anyone in the Trump campaign who has the stature to give him advice which he will take seriously. Trump is not a traditional politician, so he may not respect the opinions and advice of others.

In the end, I suspect that you are correct.

OGIS
09-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Obama is also an egomaniac, but he's an egomaniac who was smart enough to know that he needed to take the advice of the political advisors in his campaign.

I don't know that there's anyone in the Trump campaign who has the stature to give him advice which he will take seriously. Trump is not a traditional politician, so he may not respect the opinions and advice of others.

In the end, I suspect that you are correct.

Damn, we agree on something. (Don't spoil it with a snarky comeback, OK?)

I agree about Obama also being an egomaniac... but can you name one President since... oh, before Washington, who was not? As with a certain degree of sociopathy, egomania goes with the territory.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Damn, we agree on something. (Don't spoil it with a snarky comeback, OK?)

I agree about Obama also being an egomaniac... but can you name one President since... oh, before Washington, who was not? As with a certain degree of sociopathy, egomania goes with the territory.

Then don't ruin it baiting for a snarky comment like you do so often. Ok?

I sure didn't detect an inflated ego with either Ronald Reagan or George HW Bush. Dubya didn't appear to be an ego maniac. Neither did Jimmy Carter for that matter.

bubba
09-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Trump must practice his expressions by looking in the mirror and try to copy Mussolini