PDA

View Full Version : Who won tonight's debate?

Captain Obvious
09-26-2016, 11:46 PM
Vote, poll is public

exploited
09-26-2016, 11:49 PM
I was tempted to say "We all lost," because that very closely aligns with my general opinion. However I had to admit that seeing Trump get sonned into oblivion was not really a loss for everyone, but a favour, and so I must conclude that Clinton won.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 12:14 AM
I was tempted to say "We all lost," because that very closely aligns with my general opinion. However I had to admit that seeing Trump get sonned into oblivion was not really a loss for everyone, but a favour, and so I must conclude that Clinton won.Did you see all the sniffling? The man was draining! The grinding teeth? And the cotton mouth? Take it from a musician. Donald Trump was high. Very high.

Cthulhu
09-27-2016, 12:24 AM
This may be a little late, but I think that Jerry Springer should have been the moderator.

No. I didn't watch the debate.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Don
09-27-2016, 12:29 AM
According to a hell of a lot of the public polls Trump won by quite a wide margin.

AZ Jim
09-27-2016, 12:31 AM
According to a hell of a lot of the public polls Trump won by quite a wide margin.hahahahahahahaha

Bethere
09-27-2016, 12:37 AM
According to a hell of a lot of the public polls Trump won by quite a wide margin.

good times.

https://youtu.be/2wwfUEM3BWU

Don
09-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Something of interest that Reince Priebus pointed out after the debate. Clinton's memory was sharp tonight. She remembered every word that Trump ever uttered going back many years.......Yet couldn't recall 39 events pertaining to her illegal actions during questioning by the FBI.

Just AnotherPerson
09-27-2016, 01:51 AM
These people are Gangster. They are hard core the real deal. I realized just how gangster that people like them are when I seen prez bush get off of a plane in the middle east. When he got off the plane he surveyed the area and then chuckled and moved forward. I was like wow he is gangster for realz. He could be shot at any moment. But he was all business.

When we think of someone as president material we are not thinking about electing the most evil hardcore individual. We just want a good leader who will help to lead us into a brighter tomorrow. But instead, we get hardcore gangster like people. The more evil and powerful they are the more they appeal to the real leaders of the "free" world HA!!!!

We got some real winners here.

FindersKeepers
09-27-2016, 04:36 AM
When we think of someone as president material we are not thinking about electing the most evil hardcore individual. We just want a good leader who will help to lead us into a brighter tomorrow. But instead, we get hardcore gangster like people.

Nothing new -- just more difficult to hide a power-hungry personae in today's world. Very, very few individuals seek the top leadership office in a nation out of the goodness of their heart--although there have been a few. A desire for fame and power are the most common reasons. The presidency has always attracted a certain type of person, and we can only hope, once elected, that person will use their power for good.

But, they don't always...

Mark III
09-27-2016, 04:53 AM
I think one of the first ten comments here answered the question. Well, make it two. Hillary won easily. As Chris Matthews put it, she pitched a shutout.

The story of the night was Trump gasping for air so often. He literally was catching his breath every few sentences. He seems to have an underlying health issue, physical or mental.

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 04:54 AM
These people are Gangster. They are hard core the real deal. I realized just how gangster that people like them are when I seen prez bush get off of a plane in the middle east. When he got off the plane he surveyed the area and then chuckled and moved forward. I was like wow he is gangster for realz. He could be shot at any moment. But he was all business.

When we think of someone as president material we are not thinking about electing the most evil hardcore individual. We just want a good leader who will help to lead us into a brighter tomorrow. But instead, we get hardcore gangster like people. The more evil and powerful they are the more they appeal to the real leaders of the "free" world HA!!!!

We got some real winners here.

that was not very helpful

which of the two are you voting for?

Peter1469
09-27-2016, 04:54 AM
When you answer the poll question there should be a box to check if you are a paid hack.

Mark III
09-27-2016, 04:58 AM
When you answer the poll question there should be a box to check if you are a paid hack.

Peter , what is wrong with your boy Trump? He was a physical and mental wreck. And what's with all that sniffling and sucking air. Is he a cocaine addict, lol?

I liked the way Clinton referred to him as Donald all night. None of that "Mr. Trump" bs for her.

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 05:01 AM
Peter , what is wrong with your boy Trump? He was a physical and mental wreck. And what's with all that sniffling and sucking air. Is he a cocaine addict, lol?

I liked the way Clinton referred to him as Donald all night. None of that "Mr. Trump" bs for her.

Trump is a people person.

I dont think he minds being called donald

Peter1469
09-27-2016, 05:12 AM

Trump is not my candidate. I didn't bother with the debate. Moderately intelligent people will come to a conclusion based on that. I am sure someone will answer for you.

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 05:18 AM
Trump is not my candidate. I didn't bother with the debate. Moderately intelligent people will come to a conclusion based on that. I am sure someone will answer for you.

Peter may be hinting that he intends to vote for a third party candidate.

but the reality is that either trump or clinton will win the election

midcan5
09-27-2016, 06:20 AM
I think one of the first ten comments here answered the question. Well, make it two. Hillary won easily. As Chris Matthews put it, she pitched a shutout.

The story of the night was Trump gasping for air so often. He literally was catching his breath every few sentences. He seems to have an underlying health issue, physical or mental.

LOL Two old timers like me, I thought if I had to debate a windbag salesman all night I may think maybe this job isn't worth it. Kidding. Hillary clearly won if winning means anything in our bizarrely partisan America. Then the same old conservative republican come backs arrive on time, it's never their candidate's fault it's always media's fault. Lester is a republican but he will be blamed by some. Overall I thought Holt let them talk too much but the openness showed how empty Trump is. He is a windbag plain and simple.

"Words matter when you run for President,” Hillary Clinton said toward the end of Monday night’s happening at Hofstra University, on Long Island. Clinton was criticizing Donald Trump for his loose language regarding America’s allies in Asia, but she could have been summing up the lopsided debate, which saw her doing virtually everything she needed to do while Trump indicted himself with his own words."

Hillary Clinton Brings Out the Real Donald Trump - The New Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/hillary-clinton-brings-out-the-real-donald-trump

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 06:23 AM
A better question would be; did the debate change anyone's minds? :laugh:

Crepitus
09-27-2016, 06:23 AM
Uhhhhh...... OK.

Where?

NapRover
09-27-2016, 06:31 AM
Trump beat her and her servant, Holt as well.

hanger4
09-27-2016, 07:12 AM
The 25 year Washington insider and champion didn't pound this upstart into the ground.

I call it a draw.

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 07:23 AM

Hillary was the business as usual more of the same ole same ole candidate.

trump spoke to all the disaffected people who think washington is broken

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure what debate some of you watched. Trump came off as a petulant child who is unable to keep his cool. To top it off he claimed his temperament was his best attribute. I think that even got a laugh from his supporters.

Dangermouse
09-27-2016, 07:48 AM
She looked Presidential as she let him be overwhelmed by his own buffoonery.

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Trump came off as a petulant child who is unable to keep his cool.

looking at what liberal democrats and globalist republicans have done to my country makes me rather petulant too.

and the same goes for millions of other AMERICANS I believe

Let me repeat:

nathanbforrest45
09-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Trump's biggest mistake was not pointing out repeatedly that Hillary Rodham Rodham was a career politician that has actually accomplished very little in the 30 plus years she has been a Washington insider. He should have pointed out that she is a member of the elite power brokers who have brought us to the decline of this once great nation. That is what I would have pushed.

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 07:51 AM
looking at what liberal democrats and globalist republicans have done to my country makes me rather petulant too.

and the same goes for millions of other AMERICANS I believe

Let me repeat:

Trump made a fool of himself and illustrated perfectly that he doesn't have the temperament to be President.

exploited
09-27-2016, 07:56 AM
The 25 year Washington insider and champion didn't pound this upstart into the ground.

I call it a draw.

It wasn't a draw. It was an embarrassment. There were tons of opportunities for Trump to point out a clear hypocrisy or error, but the man is so moronic that he doesn't have the knowledge base to do so - for instance, describing NATO as the world's longest military alliance. Anybody with a cursory grasp of history knows that isn't true. Small example, but there were lots of them.

He went on numerous minute long rambles that were basically incoherent. He lost his temper and lied over and over again. He made stupid claims and actually said the name "Rosie O'Donnell" during a Presidential debate. His grasp of cybersecurity was embarrassing, even worse than Hillary "I Made A Mistake" Clinton.

This was a clear, clear victory for Clinton.

Standing Wolf
09-27-2016, 07:57 AM
Did you see all the sniffling? The man was draining! The grinding teeth? And the cotton mouth? Take it from a musician. Donald Trump was high. Very high.

http://www.pcdesktopbackgrounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/trumpglue-1.png

Mac-7
09-27-2016, 08:09 AM
Trump made a fool of himself and illustrated perfectly that he doesn't have the temperament to be President.

You are merely spouting the liberal talking points.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 08:09 AM
It wasn't a draw. It was an embarrassment. There were tons of opportunities for Trump to point out a clear hypocrisy or error, but the man is so moronic that he doesn't have the knowledge base to do so - for instance, describing NATO as the world's longest military alliance. Anybody with a cursory grasp of history knows that isn't true. Small example, but there were lots of them.

He went on numerous minute long rambles that were basically incoherent. He lost his temper and lied over and over again. He made stupid claims and actually said the name "Rosie O'Donnell" during a Presidential debate. His grasp of cybersecurity was embarrassing, even worse than Hillary "I Made A Mistake" Clinton.

This was a clear, clear victory for Clinton.

My favorite part was in the end, the heroic trump whined because hillary was too tough for him. He implied that she, and her relentless ad campaign, were mean.

After knocking out all of the light weights of the gop clown car in the first round, he got his ass kicked by a little old lady.

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 08:10 AM
You are merely spouting the liberal talking points.

I'm only relating what I saw in the debate. I don't watch pundits pontificate.

exploited
09-27-2016, 08:12 AM
My favorite part was in the end, the heroic trump whined because hillary was too tough for him. He implied that she, and her relentless ad campaign, were mean.

After knocking out all of the light weights of the gop clown car in the first round, he got his ass kicked by a little old lady.

Lol yeah. I had my buzz on at that point and my wife could hear me laughing downstairs.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 08:14 AM
http://www.pcdesktopbackgrounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/trumpglue-1.png

Trump had stamina issues! Halfway through the debate either he needed a couple more lines or he was just plain tuckered out.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 08:17 AM
Lol yeah. I had my buzz on at that point and my wife could hear me laughing downstairs.

Good times!

Green Arrow
09-27-2016, 08:17 AM
We all lost. It was a disgraceful affair all around.

nathanbforrest45
09-27-2016, 08:18 AM
Two parts I thought were quite good was when Trump said he had been out all over the country but Hillary elected to stay home and secondly when he brought up the fact she was lying about being at the meeting with the union leaders but was actually in front of a blue screen to make it look like she wasn't actually in a hospital room some place.

Hillary is more polished, she's had 30 plus years to hone her skills as an accomplished liar after all. But even despite Trump's somewhat annoying speech mannerisms his message is far closer to the truth and to what the majority of the "deplorables" want to see.

Hillary won on style
Trump won on substance.

And despite what any foreigner may wish to say Trump did not make a fool of himself.

Bethere
09-27-2016, 08:22 AM
Two parts I thought were quite good was when Trump said he had been out all over the country but Hillary elected to stay home and secondly when he brought up the fact she was lying about being at the meeting with the union leaders but was actually in front of a blue screen to make it look like she wasn't actually in a hospital room some place.

Hillary is more polished, she's had 30 plus years to hone her skills as an accomplished liar after all. But even despite Trump's somewhat annoying speech mannerisms his message is far closer to the truth and to what the majority of the "deplorables" want to see.

Hillary won on style
Trump won on substance.

And despite what any foreigner may wish to say Trump did not make a fool of himself.

Low energy Donald got strung up by his tiny little hands--courtesy of a little old lady.

Crepitus
09-27-2016, 08:22 AM

Hillary won on style
Trump won on substance.

Where did you see this mysterious "substance"?

Bethere
09-27-2016, 08:23 AM
We all lost. It was a disgraceful affair all around.

Nah, it was great stuff.

exploited
09-27-2016, 08:26 AM

Hillary won on style
Trump won on substance.

lol

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 08:30 AM
If Trump can be goaded into making a fool of himself in front of 100 million people in what was the one moment he was supposed to keep his cool, how can he be trusted as commander in chief?

I suspect the Trump campaign is in full panic mode as we speak.

nathanbforrest45
09-27-2016, 08:32 AM

Well, that's stupid. WTF are you talking about?

Crepitus
09-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Hillary won on style
Trump won on substance.

Well, that's stupid. WTF are you talking about?

Who's stupid?

birddog
09-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Trump won due to his showing that he is capable of being CIC, Hillary failed here.

Hillary did put on a good polished act, but no substance.

The biggest loser was Holt and the public as he did not ask questions on emails, Benghazi, and Pay for Play. This will change.

Mark III
09-27-2016, 09:05 AM
One thing that people really overlook way too much. Especially people in the media who should know better.

Donald Trump is a terrible speaker. You see it in the speeches and you saw it last night. He is HIGHLY repetitive, saying the same thing again and again. There is no flow in the way he speaks , it is all choppy and jumbled, as befits someone who is making it all up as he goes along.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2016, 09:08 AM
One thing that people really overlook way too much. Especially people in the media who should know better.

Donald Trump is a terrible speaker. You see it in the speeches and you saw it last night. He is HIGHLY repetitive, saying the same thing again and again. There is no flow in the way he speaks , it is all choppy and jumbled, as befits someone who is making it all up as he goes along.

Vs. cackling Hillary's scripted derp delivery?

Sure...

Cigar
09-27-2016, 09:10 AM
Vote, poll is public

What's the purpose of using Hillary's maiden name ... is that just another code thang.

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Trump won due to his showing that he is capable of being CIC, Hillary failed here.

Hillary did put on a good polished act, but no substance.

The biggest loser was Holt and the public as he did not ask questions on emails, Benghazi, and Pay for Play. This will change.

That may be true if you think the CIC should be a petulant child with no self control.

Chris
09-27-2016, 09:17 AM
My take. Trump came out strong. But Clinton went on the attack and trolled him into getting off message and into details no one cares about. An example of her trolling was her extensive use of straw men in her inventing many reasons why he hasn't released taxes. It's funny, her message is do you trust someone so easily goaded? I ask, do you trust someone who goads?

While on message he made more sense economically, from a populist perspective, that we're in trouble, it's their fault, and Clinton hasn't fixed in 30 years. CLinton was right, trickle-down Keynesian economics has failed us.

Clinton's message was vote for me because I'll spend tons of money on things I know you want. Not quite trickle-up, this is the trickle-out Keynesian economics Obama argued several years ago. It's failed us too.

Clinton looked pale and stressed and worn out about 3/4s of the way through.

Just my opinion of course.

nic34
09-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Something of interest that Reince Priebus pointed out after the debate. Clinton's memory was sharp tonight. She remembered every word that Trump ever uttered going back many years.......Yet couldn't recall 39 events pertaining to her illegal actions during questioning by the FBI.

Yet it was sniffeling trump that seemed that he wasn't all that well...

Subdermal
09-27-2016, 09:28 AM
If Trump can be goaded into making a fool of himself in front of 100 million people in what was the one moment he was supposed to keep his cool, how can he be trusted as commander in chief?

This is stupid analysis. True and fair analysis follows.

Hillary won this debate, but only once one really contemplates that the media essentially ensured that she did. Lester Holt drove the debate to keep Trump defensive, and off really substantive topics, and generally away from things which would damage Hillary.

Trump in no way "made a fool of himself" as the hack above claims. He was actually quite measured and remained within himself. He couldn't help himself, though, discussing his many successes, but I thought he could have done far better at several points in the debate with his retorts, including the point in the debate where Hillary was bloviating on the importance of defending ourselves against cyber threats (i.e.: sure Hillary: just like you protected classified information on a wide open public server. Suuuure.)

There were at least 3 other moments where he could have shivved Hillary, but didn't. I think the most important thing Trump would have done was point out that Hillary (Obama) has been in power for 8 years, and NONE of what she claimed she wants to do has taken place. That charge would stick, considering that she isn't claiming to separate her strategy in any way from what Obama has been doing. That was unlike Trump, and probably as a result of coaching (which in those incidences was IMO misplaced).

Nonetheless: Hillary didn't look dazed; she had the immeasurably important assist from the moderator who was antagonistic to Trump - but not to Hillary - and, for that reason, I declare her the winner.

But I also do not think that was the type of win which would propel any momentum on the part of Hillary - though I have zero doubt that the MSM won't heartily attempt to construct a narrative to create some.

Rasmussen released a poll in which respondents expected - by an 8:1 margin - for the debate to be slanted to Hillary. There was no doubt that such a belief proved prescient.

That's crushing for the efforts of the Left and their willing MSM cohorts. People simply no longer believe what we're being fed, so they look for the truth in the margins - and that's not where Hillary has any credibility at all. I do not believe that they accomplished a single thing in that debate, and I further believe that Trump comported himself in those margins far more than well enough to quell the claim that he cannot handle himself in these sorts of situations. Hillary won, but only in the paradigm of the debate construct we were made to consume. IRL, this debate moved no meters whatsoever.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2016, 09:29 AM
What's the purpose of using Hillary's maiden name ... is that just another code thang.

That's all she is without sugar bubba

Bethere
09-27-2016, 09:34 AM

The Xl
09-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Trump won. He could have done better for sure, but I thought he opened and finished strong. Hillary was aggressive, mostly with slander and desperate low blows, but nothing she threw really landed.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 09:37 AM
:smiley_ROFLMAO:

http://www.bobcesca.com/files/2013/09/Duh-Winning-55132393261.png (http://www.bobcesca.com/rand-paul-and-republicans-are-winning-like-charlie-sheen/)

Cigar
09-27-2016, 09:39 AM
I'd Love to sit down at a Poker Table with Trump ... :laugh:

Adelaide
09-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Even if I don't support her or agree with her politics, Clinton managed to get Donald Trump to act like a fool several times. He didn't rise above it.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 09:47 AM
"That’s called business"HILLARY:___ Donald was one of the people who rooted for the housing crisis. He said, back in 2006, “Gee, I hope it does collapse, because then I can go in and buy some and make some money.” Well, it did collapse.

TRUMP: That’s called business, by the way. http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/facepalm.gif

HILLARY: Nine million people — nine million people lost their jobs. Five million people lost their homes. And $13 trillion in family wealth was wiped out...

http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/presidential-debate-transcript/

Chris
09-27-2016, 09:53 AM
"That’s called business"HILLARY:___ Donald was one of the people who rooted for the housing crisis. He said, back in 2006, “Gee, I hope it does collapse, because then I can go in and buy some and make some money.” Well, it did collapse.

TRUMP: That’s called business, by the way. http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/facepalm.gif

HILLARY: Nine million people — nine million people lost their jobs. Five million people lost their homes. And $13 trillion in family wealth was wiped out...

http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/presidential-debate-transcript/

So that was all Trump's fault?

Cigar
09-27-2016, 09:57 AM

So that was all Clinton's fault?

del
09-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Uhhhhh...... OK.

Where?

free republic
foxnews
drudge

you know, the usual

del
09-27-2016, 10:08 AM
you have to have a yearning for trump deep in your loins to think he won that debate.

pitiful, just pitiful

Captain Obvious
09-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Even if I don't support her or agree with her politics, Clinton managed to get Donald Trump to act like a fool several times. He didn't rise above it.

Agreed

Crepitus
09-27-2016, 10:13 AM
free republic
foxnews
drudge

you know, the usual

Ah, the "tell me what I wanna hear, not what I need to know" group.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 10:14 AM
https://s11.postimg.org/6bybtk8gz/Snap_2016_09_27_at_08_38_31.png

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 11:15 AM

Trump lost that debate because he let Clinton get under his skin. He had several opportunities to jump on many of the statements she made, but he let himself get side-tracked.

A calm and principled conservative would have destroyed her last night. Trump's problem is that he doesn't have any core beliefs that he can default to when addressing issues.

Chris
09-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Trump lost that debate because he let Clinton get under his skin. He had several opportunities to jump on many of the statements she made, but he let himself get side-tracked.

A calm and principled conservative would have destroyed her last night. Trump's problem is that he doesn't have any core beliefs that he can default to when addressing issues.

Agree, somewhere midway through he got sidetracked from his message.

He's no conservative.

I still, though, think she loses points from trolling.

Chris
09-27-2016, 11:20 AM
https://s11.postimg.org/6bybtk8gz/Snap_2016_09_27_at_08_38_31.png

Proving how easy it is to distort what someone says into something to be mocked.

Say you, Cigar, take your vette in for detailing and they do a lousy job, would you pay them? That's what Trump was trying to say.

Chris
09-27-2016, 11:21 AM

Was it Bush's? It get old after a while.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Agree, somewhere midway through he got sidetracked from his message.

He's no conservative.

I still, though, think she loses points from trolling.

He got side tracked because he doesn't have any core beliefs other than certain economic issues.

I don't think Hillary Clinton lost any support, but she certainly didn't gain any either.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 11:44 AM

When Clinton took credit for trade deals and the the Iran deal, he could have pounded her on both, but he was flustered by that point.

texan
09-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Lester Lost It!

Interesting that he picked only at Trumps wounds....

Bethere
09-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Why would it? You're not a Republican.

Lol.

Chris
09-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Lester Lost It!

Interesting that he picked only at Trumps wounds....

Yes, I picked up on Lester's bias. It was CNN. The analysis afterward consisted of a bunch of known liberals declaring Clinton victory. It was silly in it's blatant bias. But I'll bet Fox balanced things.

Chris
09-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Why would it? You're not a Republican.

Lol.

Things get old. You don't need to be a partisan like you to grow weary of it.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Feeling like a little shoulder shimmying this morninghttp://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/slatest/2016/09/160926_WooOK.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Bethere
09-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Yes, I picked up on Lester's bias. It was CNN. The analysis afterward consisted of a bunch of known liberals declaring Clinton victory. It was silly in it's blatant bias. But I'll bet Fox balanced things.

Lol.

Chris
09-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Feeling like a little shoulder shimmying this morninghttp://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/slatest/2016/09/160926_WooOK.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Another sign of trolling on her part. A sort of rubbing it in that she can troll him and get away with it. And she is considered presidential? :vomit: Sorry, been sick with the flu the last day or so.

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 01:05 PM
My take. Trump came out strong. But Clinton went on the attack and trolled him into getting off message and into details no one cares about. An example of her trolling was her extensive use of straw men in her inventing many reasons why he hasn't released taxes. It's funny, her message is do you trust someone so easily goaded? I ask, do you trust someone who goads?

While on message he made more sense economically, from a populist perspective, that we're in trouble, it's their fault, and Clinton hasn't fixed in 30 years. CLinton was right, trickle-down Keynesian economics has failed us.

Clinton's message was vote for me because I'll spend tons of money on things I know you want. Not quite trickle-up, this is the trickle-out Keynesian economics Obama argued several years ago. It's failed us too.

Clinton looked pale and stressed and worn out about 3/4s of the way through.

Just my opinion of course.

How was Clinton right? How is letting people keep more of what they earn not working well economically (aka Trickle Down)?

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 01:08 PM

Neither won the debate; but Clinton HAD to show Trump as an out-of-control putz and that did not happen. Therefore everyone saw her messaging as false.

Clinton will lose this election and then we can all breathe a sigh of relief that leftist Progressivism has been beaten back for another four years.

AZ Jim
09-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Neither won the debate; but Clinton HAD to show Trump as an out-of-control putz and that did not happen. Therefore everyone saw her messaging as false.

Clinton will lose this election and then we can all breathe a sigh of relief that leftist Progressivism has been beaten back for another four years. Needless to say WRONG on all counts.

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 01:11 PM

We have had that for the last eight years; but first you would have to open those tightly closed leftist eyes to actually get it.

The ONLY one in panic mode is the left and the Hillary campaign. They draw small unenthusiastic crowds while Trumps are standing room only.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:17 PM

Clinton will lose this election and then we can all breathe a sigh of relief that leftist Progressivism has been beaten back for another four years.

Clearly Mrs.Clinton won that particular debate. She didn't win it on substance. She won it by getting Trump side-tracked. She got him to fall for his usual Schtick. She punked him.

Trump doesn't yet have the national support which will enable him to defeat Clinton. He did not lose votes last night, but he failed to attract any new support.

AZ Jim
09-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Clearly Mrs.Clinton won that particular debate. She didn't win it on substance. She won it by getting Trump side-tracked. She got him to fall for his usual Schtick. She punked him.

Trump doesn't yet have the national support which will enable him to defeat Clinton. He did not lose votes last night, but he failed to attract any new support.Madam President.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:23 PM

His temperament wasn't exposed last night. Continuing to repeat them mantra just shows that you don't have a mind of your own. You just repeat the musings of your favorite liberal pundits.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Madam President.

I have continually predicted a Clinton win. That shouldn't make anyone happy.

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Needless to say WRONG on all counts.

...because you say so. Dude, you live on planet "wrong." :rofl:

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 01:26 PM

...you will be wrong like our leftist cabal; but at least you will be happy being wrong....the rest of these punks....not so much. :lol:

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Common Sense

I suspect you are wrong.

I'm sure the Trump camp is disappointed in his debate performance, but they started this campaign down by 60 to 70 points nationally. They have pecked away at that lead to the point that they are virtually even.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:30 PM
...you will be wrong like our leftist cabal; but at least you will be happy being wrong....the rest of these punks....not so much. :lol:

I doubt that I will be wrong on this.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 01:53 PM
...because you say so. Dude, you live on planet "wrong." :rofl:

You need to understand that AZ Jim is a strict partisan who sees everything through blue tinted glasses. He doesn't examine the policy statements by the candidates. A "D" accosciated with their name is all he needs.

I expose his simplistic mind-set every day. I've continually predicted a Clinton win, but he makes a fool of himself by throwing out his mindless clichés when I criticize her.

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 02:50 PM
You need to understand that AZ Jim is a strict partisan who sees everything through blue tinted glasses. He doesn't examine the policy statements by the candidates. A "D" accosciated with their name is all he needs.

I expose his simplistic mind-set every day. I've continually predicted a Clinton win, but he makes a fool of himself by throwing out his mindless clichés when I criticize her.

^Spot on.

Truth Detector
09-27-2016, 02:51 PM
I doubt that I will be wrong on this.

I think you will be; and be pleasantly surprised unlike AZJimBob or Ceeeegar who might have a stroke....God willing. :laugh:

nathanbforrest45
09-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Another sign of trolling on her part. A sort of rubbing it in that she can troll him and get away with it. And she is considered presidential? :vomit: Sorry, been sick with the flu the last day or so.

My God, is she twerking???

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 03:04 PM
I think you will be; and be pleasantly surprised unlike AZJimBob or Ceeeegar who might have a stroke....God willing. :laugh:

if she loses, I will be astonished.

Chris
09-27-2016, 03:18 PM
My God, is she twerking???

Grandma twerk.

Chris
09-27-2016, 03:22 PM

I have to agree, it seems it's in the old bag.

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 03:25 PM
I suspect you are wrong.

I'm sure the Trump camp is disappointed in his debate performance, but they started this campaign down by 60 to 70 points nationally. They have pecked away at that lead to the point that they are virtually even.

Hey, you may be right. Trump seems to think he won that round.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Hey, you may be right. Trump seems to think he won that round.

No. He's come from way behind to making it very close by doing what he's been doing. Why would he be in panic mode now?

Hillary essentially won the debate, but didn't seem to get much of a benefit. She should be the one in panic mode.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Hillary Clinton had about as good of a night as she could expect. Most people agree that she won the debate, but she still did not generate more support for her candidacy. She must be troubled by this.

The bottom line is that most people do not trust her. She needs to pray that people vote for the bad we know well, instead of the bad we don't know I think enough will vote for the bad we know.

Peter1469
09-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Hillary Clinton had about as good of a night as she could expect. Most people agree that she won the debate, but she still did not generate more support for her candidacy. She must be troubled by this.

The bottom line is that most people do not trust her. She needs to pray that people vote for the bad we know well, instead of the bad we don't know I think enough will vote for the bad we know.

She didn't collapse or break out into a coughing fit.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 05:38 PM
She didn't collapse or break out into a coughing fit.

and she still didn't move the needle in her direction in any significant way.

Common Sense
09-27-2016, 05:40 PM
and she still didn't move the needle in her direction in any significant way.

We wont know the effect for a few days.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 05:43 PM
We wont know the effect for a few days.

It's a much more reactive society today in comparison to the past.

ripmeister
09-27-2016, 10:26 PM

LOL! Another Bethere Classic. Thanks for the laugh.

ripmeister
09-27-2016, 10:30 PM

I doubt that it changed any minds but I don't think Trump helped himself with the white suburban females who are still in play. Doubt that Clinton did much to pull in the millennials which she needs to do.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2016, 10:31 PM
LOL! Another Bethere Classic. Thanks for the laugh.
Isn't it ironic that the voters appear to back Trump? I believe Trump was horrible. But the undecideds don't.

I suppose we will have better indications in a few days.

ripmeister
09-27-2016, 10:41 PM

Your last sentence says it all. He's a salesman.

ripmeister
09-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Isn't it ironic that the voters appear to back Trump? I believe Trump was horrible. But the undecideds don't.

I suppose we will have better indications in a few days.

not sure what you mean in your first sentence but yes whether or not anyone was moved will not be known for a few days.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 10:50 PM
Your last sentence says it all. He's a salesman.

Generally a salesman believes in the product he or she is selling. Trump doesn't believe in anything but himself.

ripmeister
09-27-2016, 10:51 PM
Generally a salesman believes in the product he or she is selling. Trump doesn't believe in anything but himself.

Agreed

Tahuyaman
09-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Isn't it ironic that the voters appear to back Trump? I believe Trump was horrible. But the undecideds don't....

The number of undecideds is irrelevant. There aren't enough of them to make a difference.

ripmeister
09-27-2016, 11:26 PM
The number of undecideds is irrelevant. There aren't enough of them to make a difference.

Im not so sure about that from what I've read and seen. What makes you say that?

TrueBlue
09-27-2016, 11:56 PM
Without a doubt, Hillary Clinton WON the debate with great substance! She was fantastic against Donald Trump!!

Dr. Who
09-28-2016, 12:19 AM
Hillary's lies were better presented than Trump's. She was better poised, unruffled, and more confident. She didn't interrupt, or get excitable when she was attacked. Trump started out well, but he couldn't keep it together. Eventually, his ego got the better of him, the reasonable facade fell away and he reverted to type. He was incapable of waiting to make his points and he just had to self-aggrandize. I think both have huge egos, but Hillary has far more control and the ability to listen.

I give the debate to Hillary, for what it's worth in a lying contest. :wink:

Tahuyaman
09-28-2016, 01:24 AM
Without a doubt, Hillary Clinton WON the debate with great substance! She was fantastic against Donald Trump!! She did win the debate, but not on substance. She won simply because she got under Trump's skin. There was no substance by either one.

Peter1469
09-28-2016, 04:42 AM
The theme that Hillary is the status quo and she has had 30 years to make things better.... Works well.

Common Sense
09-28-2016, 07:53 AM
The theme that Hillary is the status quo and she has had 30 years to make things better.... Works well.

It's a pretty simplistic and faulty theme, but you're right, it probably plays well to some.

Green Arrow
09-28-2016, 08:57 AM
Without a doubt, Hillary Clinton WON the debate with great substance! She was fantastic against Donald Trump!!

Yeah, because that's a ringing endorsement. A monkey could win a debate with Donald Trump.

Fagan_the_Pagan
09-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Hillary made this debate her bitch. Meanwhile Drumph blathered incoherently in non-sentences that didn't even make sense.

Look, I still have some MAJOR problems with Hillary, but the woman has years of experience, and tax-payer-funded-investigation after probe after investigation after probe after investigation by the Republicans has turned up nothing. Trump has thousands of lawsuits against him, and is on video saying the most racist, sexist, cruel, fascistic, evil things I have ever heard from someone seeking office.

Bethere
09-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Yeah, because that's a ringing endorsement. A monkey could win a debate with Donald Trump.

Last week Kelly Anne Conway called him, "the babe ruth of debating."

Fagan_the_Pagan
09-29-2016, 03:41 PM
The number of undecideds is irrelevant. There aren't enough of them to make a difference. Actually this is demonstrably false. The number of independents and undecided are quite large. Even just looking at Politico's 6% figure from a quick search, that is often greater than the margin of victory for a candidate.

Chris
09-29-2016, 03:43 PM

https://i.snag.gy/xws6dJ.jpg

MisterVeritis
09-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Last week Kelly Anne Conway called him, "the babe ruth of debating."
That is good news. B.R. looks like he had a hit about 1/3rd of the time. Trump has two more opportunities.

Common Sense
09-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Babe Ruth hit his first pro home run here in Toronto.

Trump is no Bambino.

Tahuyaman
09-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Actually this is demonstrably false. The number of independents and undecided are quite large. Even just looking at Politico's 6% figure from a quick search, that is often greater than the margin of victory for a candidate.

There aren't all these undecideds out there. They have decided, they just want to keep that decision to them self. Especially this year. They have decided, but they are embarrassed to reveal that decision.