PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fights Back Against Trump Debate Claims

Cigar
09-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Source: The Wall Street Journal.

Candidate attacked auto maker’s big-dollar Mexico investments and production plans

By John D. Stoll
Updated Sept. 27, 2016 11:03 a.m. ET

Ford Motor Co. went on the defensive following the latest attacks from Donald Trump aimed at the auto maker’s big-dollar Mexico investments and production plans.

Employees of the Dearborn, Mich., company, including high-ranking engineers, took to social media platforms—including Facebook and Twitter—with statistics that defend the company’s reputation as an American company during and after Monday’s presidential debate. A graphic that some employees sent out claims Ford invested $12 billion in U.S. plants and “created nearly” 28,000 jobs in the past five years. Others circulated stories written by Detroit media outlets highlighting Ford’s contributions to the U.S. manufacturing sector.

Mr. Trump has for most of his campaign used Ford’s Mexico investment as a key pillar in his attacks of the North American Free Trade Agreement and as a way to highlight the decline of the U.S. manufacturing base. While Ford has been touting its plan to invest $1.6 billion in new Mexican production capacity, it has only recently taken Mr. Trump on directly. Its recent response included a round of television interviews and other media engagements conducted by Chief Executive Mark Fields. ... “We shared the facts about Ford’s U.S. jobs and investment,” a Ford spokeswoman said.

The Republican nominee once again singled out Ford on Monday, mentioning the company in opening comments he made during his debate (http://www.wsj.com/articles/candidates-see-debate-as-chance-to-build-momentum-gain-undecided-voters-1474932989) with Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. He noted Ford’s decision to take small car production from Michigan and move it out of the country reflects a broader move to Mexico and lower cost countries by U.S. manufacturers.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-fights-back-against-trump-debate-claims-1474987978

MisterVeritis
09-27-2016, 07:15 PM
And yet Ford is building a huge manufacturing center in Mexico. I wonder why?

hanger4
09-27-2016, 07:20 PM
Cigar are you defending Ford's outsourcing ??

Cigar
09-27-2016, 07:26 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) are you defending Ford's outsourcing ??

I've never own a Ford ... so as far as I'm concerned ... they can Go.

Although my friend has a really sweet Red 06 Ford GT

hanger4
09-27-2016, 07:39 PM

Sooooo, outsourcing is okey dokey when they're approved companies.

Cigar
09-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Sooooo, outsourcing is okey dokey when they're approved companies.

Ask Donald Trump where his sh!t is made.

Subdermal
09-27-2016, 08:09 PM

Although my friend has a really sweet Red 06 Ford GT

So you have to own the product in order to care whether or not it's made in America?

:facepalm:

Cigar
09-27-2016, 08:11 PM
So you have to own the product in order to care whether or not it's made in America?

:facepalm:

Yep ... and I don't give a sh!t about Pontiac's either ... :laugh:

hanger4
09-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Ask Donald Trump where his sh!t is made.

You're the one that's complained about outsourcing, now you're defending Ford's outsourcing.

Chris
09-27-2016, 09:16 PM
And yet Ford is building a huge manufacturing center in Mexico. I wonder why?

As you know, over-taxation, over-regulation.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2016, 09:22 PM
As you know, over-taxation, over-regulation.
Yes. What do you suppose Ford will build in its large, Mexican manufacturing facility? I predict they will begin with vehicles intended for foreign markets. But eventually they will consolidate.

Chris
09-27-2016, 09:33 PM
Yes. What do you suppose Ford will build in its large, Mexican manufacturing facility? I predict they will begin with vehicles intended for foreign markets. But eventually they will consolidate.

Ford Focus.

According to 6 reasons Ford picked Mexico for a new plant (http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2016/04/06/6-reasons-ford-mexico-new-plant/82693218/):

5. Ford has been building cars in Mexico since 1925, and it's been working pretty well.

Ford already operates two assembly plants, two stamping plants and an engine plant in Mexico. It builds the Fiesta, Fusion, Fusion Hybrid, Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, four-cylinder and diesel engines in Mexico, and the quality of those products has long been on par with its American-made products.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2016, 10:21 PM
Ford Focus.

According to 6 reasons Ford picked Mexico for a new plant (http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2016/04/06/6-reasons-ford-mexico-new-plant/82693218/):
And so it goes. Ford will move manufacturing to Mexico.

We can change this by rolling back regulations and reducing taxation.