PDA

View Full Version : Missing Afghan military students raise terror fears

Peter1469
09-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Missing Afghan military students raise terror fears (http://freebeacon.com/national-security/missing-afghans-raise-terrorism-fears/)

Several Afghan nationals attending training programs in the US have gone AWOL. I am not sure why we insist on trusting a tribal people who hate the West.

Three of the Afghan military trainees fled from a Pentagon training program two weekends ago during the bombing spree in New York and New Jersey by Afghan-born bombing suspect Ahmad Rahami, raising concerns among security officials that the missing Afghan students may be linked to terrorism or plans for attacks in the United States.

The disappearance of the Afghans comes amid heightened fears of increasing Islamist terror attacks around the country. The attacks have included the New York area bombings and attempted bombings, a knife attack at a Minnesota mall by a Somali jihadist, and other regional shootings.

Two of the missing Afghans had been training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, and one was training at Fort Gordon, Georgia.

An Army source said the Afghans who left the weekend of the New York area bombings appeared to be part of a coordinated effort. The three men are being probed for possible connections to Rahami. “Initial assessment is that there is not relation and the timing is coincidental,” the source said.

donttread
09-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Missing Afghan military students raise terror fears (http://freebeacon.com/national-security/missing-afghans-raise-terrorism-fears/)

Several Afghan nationals attending training programs in the US have gone AWOL. I am not sure why we insist on trusting a tribal people who hate the West.

Wait what? We bring Afghani recruits here to train? Just when I think I've heard the dumbest government move possible something like this comes up. What level of logic leads to programs like this?

Peter1469
09-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Wait what? We bring Afghani recruits here to train? Just when I think I've heard the dumbest government move possible something like this comes up. What level of logic leads to programs like this?

It is the globalists. Nationalists aren't this dense.

donttread
09-29-2016, 06:46 AM
It is the globalists. Nationalists aren't this dense.

Or I could turn to my cynical side which believes that nobody is that stupid and this program and these very predictable results must have secondary gain for someone in power. Keeping the people in fear so they don't realize how badly the country is being managed seems to be a popular theme.

AeonPax
09-29-2016, 07:36 AM
`
`
And these men were carefully vetted under the Obama's administration hawk-like eyes, the same people responsible for vetting the refugees coming here.