PDA

View Full Version : tPF Fox News Tells Hosts to Stop Citing Unscientific Polls Showing Trump Won Debate

Bethere
09-29-2016, 02:50 PM
In a memo Tuesday, Fox News vice president of public-opinion research Dana Blanton reminded the network’s talent that online post-debates polls were unscientific and should not be cited in their reporting.
“As most of the publications themselves clearly state, the sample obviously can’t be representative of the electorate because they only reflect the views of those Internet users who have chosen to participate,” said the memo, obtained by Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-online-debate-polls-trump-drudge-2016-9). Blanton noted that campaigns and supporters often directed people towards such polls in order to skew the results.
“News networks and other organizations go to great effort and rigor to conduct scientific polls — for good reason,” Blanton continued. “They know quick vote items posted on the web are nonsense, not true measures of public opinion.”
The memo comes amid a PR blitz by the Donald Trumpcampaign to reframe his Monday debate performance as a win. Online post-debate polls from websites like the Drudge Report showed Trump winning by wide margins, while scientific polls showed that voters thought Hillary Clinton trounced Trump.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-tells-hosts-to-stop-citing-unscientific-polls-showing-trump-won-debate/

Tahuyaman
09-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Liberals must be flummoxed about a media outlet demonstrating a little integrity.

Crepitus
09-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Liberals must be flummoxed about a media outlet demonstrating a little integrity.
Shocked, but I don't think I've ever been flummoxed, whatever that might entail.

Not sure I want to be either, it sounds unpleasant.

Bethere
09-29-2016, 03:06 PM

No, actually we chuckle that even the lamest media outlet in the western world knows more about polling than the gop, trump, or the hapless 'libertarians' of tPF.

Tahuyaman
09-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Two classic responses. Excellent!

Bethere
09-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Two classic responses. Excellent!
Another obfuscatory response! Typical!

Chris
09-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Shocked, but I don't think I've ever been flummoxed, whatever that might entail.

Not sure I want to be either, it sounds unpleasant.

Flummoxed looks like this...

https://i.snag.gy/oHGJzi.jpg

It does look unpleasant.

Peter1469
09-29-2016, 03:48 PM

It does look unpleasant.

@Chris has been thread banned at the request of the OP. Please do not respond to Chris any further in this thread. If you have questions contact the OP of this tPF thread in a PM.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Boom

Crepitus
09-29-2016, 04:41 PM

It does look unpleasant.

Really? I thought it looked more like this:

Don
09-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Why do some media outlets put those polls up if they are going to disavow them when the results don't fall in line with their "party" line? Personally I think those spontaneous polls are more reflective of what people really think at that moment, not what they are told by the media over the next few days. Its like "Gee, I thought Clinton or Trump did well in the debate until CNN/Fox/NBC/ABC/CNBC/ etc. etc. etc. told me how wrong I was."

decedent
09-29-2016, 05:45 PM

I'm sure I've been flummoxed a few times in college.

Bethere
09-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Why do some media outlets put those polls up if they are going to disavow them when the results don't fall in line with their "party" line? Personally I think those spontaneous polls are more reflective of what people really think at that moment, not what they are told by the media over the next few days. Its like "Gee, I thought Clinton or Trump did well in the debate until CNN/Fox/NBC/ABC/CNBC/ etc. etc. etc. told me how wrong I was."

Last year the rock and roll hall of fame nominated yes. I paid my nephew $100 to influence the vote. Our brave little patriot voted thousands of times.

That "poll" had the same methodology your "polls" had. That you don't see a difference between a randomly sampled poll and click bait is freaking hilarious.

Bethere
09-29-2016, 06:41 PM
I'm sure I've been flummoxed a few times in college.

Tonight my bengals play in prime time. We suck in prime time. I am about to get started on getting flummoxed right now.

Docthehun
09-30-2016, 07:11 AM
Tonight my bengals play in prime time. We suck in prime time. I am about to get started on getting flummoxed right now.

Meanwhile, Doc & DG's beloved Browns............. No 0-3 team has ever made the playoffs. Josh Gordon just loves that "little smoke". I suspect if you visited his pad, he'd have the entire Carlos Castaneda collection in paper book.

Congratulations on the win. Not really, but hey. I thought Paul Brown was the cat's meow, sad to see him leave Cleveland. It's never been the same.

At this juncture, if we only win one game, I hope it comes at your expense. The icing on the cake would be, it keeps you out of the playoffs. That would indeed be, "Good Times".

They're (Browns) blacked out, so I haven't had the pleasure of watching them. Fortunately, the Redskins aren't much better and it'll mark the first televised game this season. The cruelest part of all was the Baltimore game. I can get CBS out of Columbus, but it's not hi-def and usually they're blacked out for me by CBS in Dayton. In any case, I turned to the Columbus station and low and behold, they're airing the Browns. Well, sort of. In a really close game, the broadcast abruptly terminated at exactly 3pm. Only in America!

Tahuyaman
09-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Another obfuscatory response! Typical!

i already gave a response. You responded to that with your usual nonsense.

To people like you, a media outlet which tries to be accurate is considered "lame".

Bethere
09-30-2016, 01:58 PM
i already gave a response. You responded to that with your usual nonsense.

To people like you, a media outlet which tries to be accurate is considered "lame".

No, my point is even the lamest of media outlets, fox, is smarter and more honest than the trump campaign.

Please mke a note of it.

Bethere
09-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Meanwhile, Doc & DG's beloved Browns............. No 0-3 team has ever made the playoffs. Josh Gordon just loves that "little smoke". I suspect if you visited his pad, he'd have the entire Carlos Castaneda collection in paper book.

Congratulations on the win. Not really, but hey. I thought Paul Brown was the cat's meow, sad to see him leave Cleveland. It's never been the same.

At this juncture, if we only win one game, I hope it comes at your expense. The icing on the cake would be, it keeps you out of the playoffs. That would indeed be, "Good Times".

They're (Browns) blacked out, so I haven't had the pleasure of watching them. Fortunately, the Redskins aren't much better and it'll mark the first televised game this season. The cruelest part of all was the Baltimore game. I can get CBS out of Columbus, but it's not hi-def and usually they're blacked out for me by CBS in Dayton. In any case, I turned to the Columbus station and low and behold, they're airing the Browns. Well, sort of. In a really close game, the broadcast abruptly terminated at exactly 3pm. Only in America!

Lots of friends and family are deluded by browns fantasies. I take little pride in that.

The whole 0-3 bit is important. Considering that, having teams open with schedules like ours is totally outrageous. We opened with two games on the road against playoff teams. Then our home opener was against the superbowl champs. Then we got to play on national prime time tv with only 3 days prep.

That was not fair. That we are 2-2 is miraculous.

AZ Jim
09-30-2016, 02:10 PM

It does look unpleasant.Sure it doesn't look more like this?

Bethere
09-30-2016, 02:12 PM

You don't understand probability, and therefore you are ripe for exploitation.

maineman
09-30-2016, 02:16 PM

you are aware, are you not, that "polls" like Drudge allow people to vote multiple times?

MisterVeritis
09-30-2016, 04:13 PM
you are aware, are you not, that "polls" like Drudge allow people to vote multiple times?
Wow! Are you implying that Trump supporters behaved like Democrats?

Mark III
09-30-2016, 04:20 PM

You are mimicking the right wing media spin. You must be a fan.

Alt-right groups on 4chan and Redditt had instructions on their sites the night of the debate telling people how to vote multiple times in these "polls". The polls named on these sites are the ones Trump "won".

Bethere
09-30-2016, 05:07 PM

You are mimicking the right wing media spin. You must be a fan.

Alt-right groups on 4chan and Redditt had instructions on their sites the night of the debate telling people how to vote multiple times in these "polls". The polls named on these sites are the ones Trump "won".

Move to the head of the class.

Docthehun
09-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Lots of friends and family are deluded by browns fantasies. I take little pride in that.

The whole 0-3 bit is important. Considering that, having teams open with schedules like ours is totally outrageous. We opened with two games on the road against playoff teams. Then our home opener was against the superbowl champs. Then we got to play on national prime time tv with only 3 days prep.

Let me get my violin..............

Bethere
09-30-2016, 05:58 PM
Let me get my violin..............Hey, I saw a special on violins. Their theory about why stradivarius violins were so rocking is because the trees harvested for their wood would have had tighter growth rings because of the little ice age making the wood denser and more resonant.Wood grain is a good way to age modern guitars, too.I bring this up because you know something about guitars and wood.Nuff said

Docthehun
10-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Hey, I saw a special on violins. Their theory about why stradivarius violins were so rocking is because the trees harvested for their wood would have had tighter growth rings because of the little ice age making the wood denser and more resonant.Wood grain is a good way to age modern guitars, too.I bring this up because you know something about guitars and wood.Nuff said

Speaking of wood, my old friend, Scott "American Woodshop" Phillips is picking up stakes and his PBS program and moving to the wilderness in Utah. A big loss for Piqua.

texan
10-04-2016, 12:44 PM
In a memo Tuesday, Fox News vice president of public-opinion research Dana Blanton reminded the network’s talent that online post-debates polls were unscientific and should not be cited in their reporting.
“As most of the publications themselves clearly state, the sample obviously can’t be representative of the electorate because they only reflect the views of those Internet users who have chosen to participate,” said the memo, obtained by Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-online-debate-polls-trump-drudge-2016-9). Blanton noted that campaigns and supporters often directed people towards such polls in order to skew the results.
“News networks and other organizations go to great effort and rigor to conduct scientific polls — for good reason,” Blanton continued. “They know quick vote items posted on the web are nonsense, not true measures of public opinion.”
The memo comes amid a PR blitz by the Donald Trumpcampaign to reframe his Monday debate performance as a win. Online post-debate polls from websites like the Drudge Report showed Trump winning by wide margins, while scientific polls showed that voters thought Hillary Clinton trounced Trump.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-tells-hosts-to-stop-citing-unscientific-polls-showing-trump-won-debate/

Why does this bother you, but none of Hillary's lies? Just curious?

Bethere
10-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Why does this bother you, but none of Hillary's lies? Just curious?

That sounds like a great thread topic. Start one!

But this thread is about trump selling bogus polls.

Please don't hijack my thread with your obfuscation.

hanger4
10-04-2016, 06:31 PM
That sounds like a great thread topic. Start one!

But this thread is about trump selling bogus polls.

Please don't hijack my thread with your obfuscation.

Holy mother of Christ. This ^^ is the biggest pile I've seen in sometime.

Hey, I saw a special on violins. Their theory about why stradivarius violins were so rocking is because the trees harvested for their wood would have had tighter growth rings because of the little ice age making the wood denser and more resonant.Wood grain is a good way to age modern guitars, too.I bring this up because you know something about guitars and wood.Nuff said

If you ever practiced what you preached you'd probably have very little to say.

BTW, I laughed.