PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan walks out of interview

exotix
10-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Paul Ryan ... coached by somebody in the room .... got up and left an interview yesterday as a question was posed ...

Apparently because the question was *strange* ...
.... but it looks like it was a question that Ryan didn't want to answer because it exposed him as a tax-cut-for-the-wealthy-racissssss ...

Poor people don't have character ?

Paul Ryan Abruptly Ends Interview After 'Strange' Question

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...?ncid=webmail1 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/paul-ryan-interview-abruptly-ends_n_1949721.html?ncid=webmail1)

Paul Ryan sat down for an interview on Monday with ABC 12 in Flint, Michigan, and things didn't go quite as planned.

In the clip, which was removed from ABC 12's website but captured and posted by BuzzFeed, the station's reporter asks Ryan, "Does this country have a gun problem?'

The GOP vice presidential candidate responds that "this country has a crime problem."
When the reporter asks for clarification, Ryan explains that "good, strong gun laws" are currently on the books, "but we have to make sure we enforce our laws."

He goes on to clarify:

"We have lots of laws that aren't being properly enforced.
We need to make sure we enforce these laws.
But the best thing to help prevent violent crime in the inner cities is to bring opportunity in the inner cities, is to help people get out of poverty in the inner cities, is to help teach people good discipline, good character.

That is civil society.
That's what charities, and civic groups, and churches do to help one another make sure that they can realize the value in one another."

(Read continues in Link)

exotix
10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo3xQ8mZpBU&feature=player_embedded

Captain Obvious
10-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Well yeah, why wouldn't he end the interview?

Nothing constructive could come out of a heckling question.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
OMG, Exotix is in the house.

Keep an eye on your 6 around here for the typical social fear group.

Some lame tricks, handled the same intelligent way :)

KC
10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
That reporter seems like kind of a dick.

Morningstar
10-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Inner-city poverty has nothing at all to do with gun laws or tax rates.

I don't understand the question.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
That reporter seems like kind of a dick.

I guess when you are an ass like Paul, dicks can be a problem. :)

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Inner-city poverty has nothing at all to do with gun laws or tax rates.

I don't understand the question.

Sure it does, can't you hear the whistle?

patrickt
10-09-2012, 08:43 PM
It wasn't even a heckling question. It was a non sequitur and didn't deserve an answer. Someone off camera said it was over, Ryan removed his microphone and it was over.

I did enjoy the clip and thought Ryan answered appropriately. Of course, suggesting more opportunity must have stung the liberals in the media.

But, apparently he did walk out of the interview. If President Obama has an interview, does he have four servants come in and carry him on their shoulders? How does he exit an interview? Of course, we all realize he doesn't get rude questions and if he does the media toadies deal with it.

exotix
10-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Lol ......

Morningstar
10-09-2012, 08:44 PM
In fact, when guns are outlawed, and you want to purchase a gun, you go straight to the inner-city. That's where you'll find one.

Peter1469
10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
If the top 20% is paying over 80% of the federal income taxes, then 80% of any cut goes to the top 20%. Otherwise you are not cutting taxes. You are redistributing wealth.

If you want tax cuts to be evenly distributed, then collect taxes evenly.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:48 PM
If the top 20% is paying over 80% of the federal income taxes, then 80% of any cut goes to the top 20%. Otherwise you are not cutting taxes. You are redistributing wealth.

If you want tax cuts to be evenly distributed, then collect taxes evenly.

Sure, tell that to the troops.

Peter1469
10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Sure, tell that to the troops.

Psst...., I just did. You bumped it. Thanks.

exotix
10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I like this little rant ... serious ... goes to Romney & Ryans' complete obliviousness to just about everything ... tax cuts for the wealthy will create opportunity to gun-violent ghetto-dwellers ...

Well, that's gonna be the church & charities' problem ... with a $50,000 Ryan Tax to get 'em started ...

*We have lots of laws that aren't being properly enforced.
We need to make sure we enforce these laws.

But the best thing to help prevent violent crime in the inner cities is to bring opportunity in the inner cities, is to help people get out of poverty in the inner cities, is to help teach people good discipline, good character.

That is civil society.
That's what charities, and civic groups, and churches do to help one another make sure that they can realize the value in one another."

LOL.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Yea, like everyone who is poor, is poor because of their culture.

Peter1469
10-09-2012, 08:54 PM
That is civil society.

It works where it is tried.

Morningstar
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
How would you go about lifting up the people in the inner cities?

What solution have you devised?

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:56 PM
It works where it is tried.

Makes for great Wedding Video's :)

Morningstar
10-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Arguing Republican vs. Democrat is like arguing heroin vs. cocaine.

They're both poisons.

Better to discuss solutions, no?

Peter1469
10-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Break the cycle of dependency created by welfare programs and build a sustainable economy. End the war on drugs. Get the crime out of the drug trade.

exotix
10-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Easy ... eliminate all entiltements per the Ryan Plan ... then all the ghettos will be liquidated and they'll all spread-out across the land and occupy your neighborhood ...

Morningstar
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Break the cycle of dependency created by welfare programs and build a sustainable economy. End the war on drugs. Get the crime out of the drug trade.

That's a pretty good start.

Peter1469
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Easy ... eliminate all entiltements per the Ryan Plan ... then all the ghettos will be liquidated and they'll all spread-out across the land and occupy your neighborhood ...

That isn't Ryan's plan.

Morningstar
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM

That's not a solution. That's flippancy. It's a close cousin to hate.

Answers are always better than compounded problems, from where I stand...

Captain Obvious
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM

So you're recommending keeping entitlements to keep them corralled?

exotix
10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
So you're recommending keeping entitlements to keep them corralled?

Why not ... it's been working since Reagan if not LBJ's Great Society ... right ?

Kizzume
10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Statements like:

That is civil society.
That's what charities, and civic groups, and churches do to help one another make sure that they can realize the value in one another.

are meaningless. What, is he going to have the government dumping money into churches and civic groups? Or is he saying people "should" donate to those things and that's his plan to make it all better--to just TELL people to donate to charities? Oh boy! That's gonna really help. :rolleyes: It's reminding me of billboards put around Tacoma in the worst parts of the city that said "Troubled? Poor? Try prayer."

I think the interviewer was rude, but I applaud the question--are tax cuts going to do all of those wonderful things he talked about, or was it just a bunch of fluff like the phrase "family values" was in the 90s?

Captain Obvious
10-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Statements like:

are meaningless. What, is he going to have the government dumping money into churches and civic groups? Or is he saying people "should" donate to those things and that's his plan to make it all better--to just TELL people to donate to charities? Oh boy! That's gonna really help. :rolleyes: It's reminding me of billboards put around Tacoma in the worst parts of the city that said "Troubled? Poor? Try prayer."

I think the interviewer was rude, but I applaud the question--are tax cuts going to do all of those wonderful things he talked about, or was it just a bunch of fluff like the phrase "family values" was in the 90s?

If he would have asked that question as part of the discussion at hand, yeah - great question.

Using it as an off-topic heckle = bullshit. The interviewer was a hack.

KC
10-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Statements like:

Well it seems to me that people could donate more cash to charities if they had more cash in pocket.

Beevee
10-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Well yeah, why wouldn't he end the interview?

Nothing constructive could come out of a heckling question.

Unless one would be asked of Obama when your response would be somewhat different, wouldn't it?

Captain Obvious
10-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Unless one would be asked of Obama when your response would be somewhat different, wouldn't it?

If you're suggesting that I would have a double standard with these candidates, then you don't know me very well.

I'm the house libtard, btw.

Beevee
10-09-2012, 09:56 PM
If you're suggesting that I would have a double standard with these candidates, then you don't know me very well.

I'm the house libtard, btw.

You don't? And you aren't metaphorically cooked here? I'm surprised.

Captain Obvious
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
You don't? And you aren't metaphorically cooked here? I'm surprised.

Just look for my replies with fecal matter pictured in them.

Calypso Jones
10-09-2012, 11:11 PM
oh that interviewer thinks he is all that and a bag of chips. Thought he was gonna make his bones off Ryan and he got his smarmy ass shut down very quickly. THIS is what i want out of my Republican reps. Don't play to the media, don't kowtow, they are not gonna like you ever so don't even try to play up to them. And UNTIL they stop their stinking political traps stick them every chance you get. THAT is what i want.

Akula
10-10-2012, 06:12 AM

If they disperse, it's actually easier to teach (some) people how to function in a civilized society. They assimilate more easily without as many bad influences.

Akula
10-10-2012, 06:14 AM

There's no need to heckle obama. Just stick to facts..

hanger4
10-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Sure it does, can't you hear the whistle?

Only race baiting dogs hear that whistle.

Canadianeye
10-10-2012, 06:41 AM
He didn't walk out. Someone stated the interview is over, Paul wrapped it up and pointed out in a nice way that the reporter is a douche.

Desperation on the left or what? :laugh: This is barely blogosphere stuff.

Cigar
10-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Only race baiting dogs hear that whistle.

Exactly ... you're learning :)

hanger4
10-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Exactly ... you're learning :)

Yup, have had you pegged for sometime now.

Cigar
10-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Yup, have had you pegged for sometime now.

You couldn't "peg" me even if you recruited help from your entire gaggle of geese.

hanger4
10-10-2012, 07:24 AM
You couldn't "peg" me even if you recruited help from your entire gaggle of geese.

:lame:

patrickt
10-10-2012, 07:56 AM
"As the GOP candidate for vice president in the November 6 national election, Wisconsin Republican Paul Ryan is interviewed by dozens of local and national reporters every day, and most of the discussions are straightforward and informative. However, one conversation on Monday led Ryan to observe that the last question from Terry Camp, a reporter from WJRT-TV, ABC 12 in Flint, Michigan, was "kind of strange. You're trying to stuff words in people's mouths." Camp did not try to deny Ryan's accusation other than to say: "Well, I don't know if it's strange."
During his report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR1WF34Nq6w) on the interview, Camp said it "ended badly" and trotted out the usual liberal canard that the candidate was "not specific in his answers." That segment included the reporter asking what the Ryan campaign called a "weird question" connecting gun violence to tax cuts.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/2012/10/09/ryan-accuses-reporter-trying-stuff-words-peoples-mouths#ixzz28tsRW3c5

No, such behavior isn't strange for liberals. It's rather like taking a simple and straight-forward post about campaign fraud and throwing in a question about union membership.

Beevee
10-10-2012, 08:53 AM
There's no need to heckle obama. Just stick to facts..

In America there no facts. Only supposition, as governments on both sides of the aisle have you well and truly propagandized.

truthmatters
10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
How would the right react to a left leaning politicain bolting on an interview becasue they didnt want to answer a question?

hanger4
10-10-2012, 10:08 AM
How would the right react to a left leaning politicain bolting on an interview becasue they didnt want to answer a question?

Situation kid, it's all depended on the situation.

truthmatters
10-10-2012, 10:10 AM
no to you it depends on their party affliation

hanger4
10-10-2012, 10:18 AM
no to you it depends on their party affliation

Says the psychic.

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Psst...., I just did. You bumped it. Thanks.

too funny.

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Makes for great Wedding Video's :)

perhaps a wedding video or even a wedding would assist in reducing crime rates, murders and violence.. too many children in this country are born out of wed-lock and without the impact of a father in the child's life.

41% of all american births are out of wed-lock.

73% of black children are born out of wed-lock.
53% of latino children are born out of wed-lock.
29% of white children are born out of wed-lock.

link attached.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-21/home/31081751_1_illegitimacy-black-children-unmarried-women (http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-21/home/31081751_1_illegitimacy-black-children-unmarried-women)

Cigar
10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
perhaps a wedding video or even a wedding would assist in reducing crime rates, murders and violence.. too many children in this country are born out of wed-lock and without the impact of a father in the child's life.

41% of all american births are out of wed-lock.

73% of black children are born out of wed-lock.
53% of latino children are born out of wed-lock.
29% of white children are born out of wed-lock.

link attached.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-21/home/31081751_1_illegitimacy-black-children-unmarried-women (http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-21/home/31081751_1_illegitimacy-black-children-unmarried-women)

So ... is it your Week to Bitch and Complain or are you hear to just stroke yourself ... :jackoff:

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 11:03 AM
So ... is it your Week to Bitch and Complain or are you hear to just stroke yourself ... :jackoff:

attempting to add to topic. nice personal insult, guess you really got me, good one!!

Akula
10-10-2012, 11:23 AM
attempting to add to topic. nice personal insult, guess you really got me, good one!!

TNB, you know.

Cigar
10-10-2012, 11:27 AM

So that's what you;re going to do about it?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/BabyCrying.jpg

That's what I thought, run along now ... see you next week, same time, same channel.

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
So that's what you;re going to do about it?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/BabyCrying.jpg

That's what I thought, run along now ... see you next week, same time, same channel.

going to do what about what?, the topic of the thread is based in part on crime and violence in this country, a predominant reason is many children are born out of wed-lock and raised without the assistance of a father. my Post addresses the the topic and provides a source, really do not understand the personal insults, but go for it as it seemingly is your thing.

Cigar
10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
going to do what about what?, the topic of the thread is based in part on crime and violence in this country, a predominant reason is many children are born out of wed-lock and raised without the assistance of a father. my Post addresses the the topic and provides a source, really do not understand the personal insults, but go for it as it seemingly is your thing.

So what are you going to do about ... other than bitch?

coolwalker
10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
When you are finished with the interview you leave. Unless of course there was an invite to stick around for a snack. But don't worry about that interview, worry about Biden being too drunk to respond during the debate. Ryan is going to wipe the floor with him.

Calypso Jones
10-10-2012, 12:19 PM
HEY. HAVE you guys HEARD that Romney has closed the gap and has pulled slightly ahead of Obummer?

I really think that's ciggy's problem.

coolwalker
10-10-2012, 12:33 PM
HEY. HAVE you guys HEARD that Romney has closed the gap and has pulled slightly ahead of Obummer?

I really think that's ciggy's problem.

That's all these libs problem...they're squirming in their seats worried that their hero is headed back to Chi-Town. The one thing I want to witness is when Michelle becomes unglued and starts yelling that America is racist. You know it's gonna' happen.

Canadianeye
10-10-2012, 12:52 PM

Bolting...A sudden movement toward or away, or move or spring suddenly. You saw him bolting?

Other than Obama...do you see dead people too?

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 01:25 PM
So what are you going to do about ... other than bitch?

ok, when the attempt to reason has gone what else is left? have not 'bitched' about anything, and as far as your question "So what are you going to do about", what is this? would like to believe not some childish threat from behind the keyboard, we're all adults here right.

Cigar
10-10-2012, 01:31 PM
ok, when the attempt to reason has gone what else is left? have not 'bitched' about anything, and as far as your question "So what are you going to do about", what is this? would like to believe not some childish threat from behind the keyboard, we're all adults here right.

That's unfortunate that the first impulse you feel is "threatened" when someone ask you what are you going to do about it, other than bitch all the time..

I guess that what separates us from those that do and those that are threatened by those that do.

Agravan
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM

You give Cigar too much credit....

garyo
10-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Reason with the bomb throwing left, how is that done?

Cigar
10-10-2012, 01:37 PM
You give Cigar too much credit....

You don't have to give Cigar anything ... :)

I have plenty to dish out.

texmaster
10-10-2012, 01:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25c2Wz70Gbo

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
That's unfortunate that the first impulse you feel is "threatened" when someone ask you what are you going to do about it, other than bitch all the time..

I guess that what separates us from those that do and those that are threatened by those that do.

nope, never stated felt threatened, do not misrepresent my Post, but since you will not answer 'what it is that I need to do something about' the question was asked.

regarding your comment, "I guess that what separates us from those that do and those that are threatened by those that do.[/QUOTE]".. too funny, go get'em you non-threatened do-er!! you go get'em!!

Cigar
10-10-2012, 02:14 PM
nope, never stated felt threatened, do not misrepresent my Post, but since you will not answer 'what it is that I need to do something about' the question was asked.

regarding your comment, "I guess that what separates us from those that do and those that are threatened by those that do.".. too funny, go get'em you non-threatened do-er!! you go get'em!![/QUOTE]

I guess you need an example of leadership:

I don't come on this forum bitching and complaining about the The Man holding me down or any specific race of people holding me back ... I've done everything I've wanted to do and I give back to "the" community ... not just the "black community" but whatever "community is in need". That's called leading by example .. anyone can bitch and complain about a group pf people they don't have the stones to confront with their personal complaints and bitching. If someone bothers me ... they will be the first to know it, and I don't need to blame their ancestry for what they persoanlly have done.

In addition, I don't make threats. I do exactly what I say I'm going to do, now if that's a threatening tone to anyone, I personally couldn't give a shit. I'm an in-your-face type of person, and that's so no one will ever have a problem finding me, because if it's up to me, I'll be 3 inches from their nose and thigh deep in their ass if they mess with me.

~ respectfully Cigar :)

respectfulguest
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
".. too funny, go get'em you non-threatened do-er!! you go get'em!!

I guess you need an example of leadership:

I don't come on this forum bitching and complaining about the The Man holding me down or any specific race of people holding me back ... I've done everything I've wanted to do and I give back to "the" community ... not just the "black community" but whatever "community is in need". That's called leading by example .. anyone can bitch and complain about a group pf people they don't have the stones to confront with their personal complaints and bitching. If someone bothers me ... they will be the first to know it, and I don't need to blame their ancestry for what they persoanlly have done.

In addition, I don't make threats. I do exactly what I say I'm going to do, now if that's a threatening tone to anyone, I personally couldn't give a shit. I'm an in-your-face type of person, and that's so no one will ever have a problem finding me, because if it's up to me, I'll be 3 inches from their nose and thigh deep in their ass if they mess with me.

~ respectfully Cigar :)[/QUOTE]

thanks for clarity, the content of your 1st paragraph is true leadership and your actions I am sure are appreciated by many.. Unfortunately across all segments of this country there are too many fatherless kids and it's a huge reason for crime and violence. My Posts were not directed at you personally nor at any one segment or race.

as for your 2nd paragraph, as this is a Political Forum and not a personality profile site, candidly I do not care what makes you get in someone's face or not, but thanks for sharing.

Calypso Jones
10-10-2012, 02:51 PM

pablum

Mainecoons
10-10-2012, 02:52 PM
boring.