PDA

View Full Version : Voters Don’t Trust Media Fact-Checking

Peter1469
09-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Voters Don’t Trust Media Fact-Checking (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/september_2016/voters_don_t_trust_media_fact_checking)

Americans distrust the "media" and the so called "fact checkers." They are corrupt typists for the DNC.

Most voters believe news organizations play favorites when it comes to fact-checking candidates’ statements, but this skepticism is much stronger among voters who support Donald Trump than those who back his rival Hillary Clinton.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that just 29% of all Likely U.S. Voters trust media fact-checking of candidates’ comments. Sixty-two percent (62%) believe instead that news organizations skew the facts to help candidates they support. (To see survey question wording, click here (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/questions/pt_survey_questions/september_2016/questions_media_fact_checks_september_28_29_2016). )

Safety
09-30-2016, 10:44 PM
Not surprising, people still think Elvis is alive and that we never went to the moon.

del
09-30-2016, 10:45 PM
if rasmussen says it's true, it probably isn't

Peter1469
09-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Oh. The "media" is a trusted institution in America. I see. :shocked:

del
09-30-2016, 10:57 PM
rasmussen is the media

why should i believe them?

they thought romney won, too

Peter1469
09-30-2016, 10:59 PM
rasmussen is the media

why should i believe them?

they thought romney won, too

Explained in 2012.

Most pollsters assume a 2008 turn out for the GOP. It didn't happen. Conservatives didn't get out to vote for the Lib.

del
09-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Explained in 2012.

Most pollsters assume a 2008 turn out for the GOP. It didn't happen. Conservatives didn't get out to vote for the Lib.

and yet most pollsters, iirc, had obama winning or tied

in fact, it was just razzy and gallup who had him winning

oh, and karl rove

Peter1469
09-30-2016, 11:19 PM
asked and answered. old news.

Safety
09-30-2016, 11:33 PM
I think what most people realize is that they don't trust the "media" unless it is something that confirms their bias. Wash, rinse, repeat....

Common
10-01-2016, 03:18 AM
Not surprising, people still think Elvis is alive and that we never went to the moon.

Yes thats it lol

Common
10-01-2016, 03:21 AM
and yet most pollsters, iirc, had obama winning or tied

in fact, it was just razzy and gallup who had him winning

oh, and karl rove

Its every main pollster the results are the same, I get gallup in my email daily sometimes twice, they have a greater margin of americans distrusting the media.

Its not even debateable that the entire media is in the tank for hillary. They either omit anything negative or embellish on the good.

Matt Lauer was TERMINATED from his job for asking hillary to many questions about her emails

If the left cant be honest about that they cant be honest about anything

Common
10-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Voters Don’t Trust Media Fact-Checking (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/september_2016/voters_don_t_trust_media_fact_checking)

Americans distrust the "media" and the so called "fact checkers." They are corrupt typists for the DNC.

Typical its denied denied denied by the left lol. It diminishs their intergrity or lack of even more.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 06:58 AM
I think what most people realize is that they don't trust the "media" unless it is something that confirms their bias. Wash, rinse, repeat....

That is probably true. But people are also realizing that much of the "media" today is "reporting" a false narrative.

donttread
10-01-2016, 07:04 AM

The megacorp dominated media is a perfect example of how corporations can control and manipulate markets vs. simply competing within them . They make and break candidates ( remember the whole over blown Howard Dean thing?) , keep racial tensions artifically high , monger fear way out of proportion with it's reality and make a mockery of market economies.
IMO, they do so simply for more profit, more veiewers , more ratings, higher priced ad time, more seconday sales.They are simply one more version of the world supercorp, enjoying "personhood " and the rights that go with it without being held to any of the responsibilities that go with it or even a shread of human decency or morals. The modern corporate veil, in practice, justifies almost everything for profit.

FindersKeepers
10-01-2016, 08:03 AM

I think you're right but there has been a big decline in journalistic integrity as we were taught it back in college.

Standing Wolf
10-01-2016, 08:06 AM
If the media devoted even half as much time to Trump's legal problems, his disturbing personality and history of criminality and lying, as they have to the largely baseless accusations against Clinton, Trump wouldn't be polling above 40%, if that.

"In the tank for Clinton"? Ridiculous.

FindersKeepers
10-01-2016, 08:14 AM
If the media devoted even half as much time to Trump's legal problems, his disturbing personality and history of criminality and lying, as they have to the largely baseless accusations against Clinton, Trump wouldn't be polling about 40%, if that.

"In the tank for Clinton"? Ridiculous.

I don't think that's true. Every time I open Google News, I see headlines decrying Trump's problems and woes, and yet, those attacks seem to buoy him.

Personal attacks tend to backfire with voters, making them feel as if the subject of the attack is being unfairly treated.

For Trump -- the old adage that "no publicity is bad publicity" seems to hold true.

Now, if the media focused on Hillary's warmongering past -- her talk about "obliterating" Iran or her verbal chest-beating after Gaddafi was tortured and killed, we might see some voters turn from her. As it is -- all the silly email stuff only serves to make her look like a helpless victim.

The media is out of control. I don't see a return to sanity anytime soon.

MisterVeritis
10-01-2016, 08:34 AM

"Fact-checking" is just the new label for an opinion piece. It is the same liars and the same spin.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 08:38 AM
I don't think that's true. Every time I open Google News, I see headlines decrying Trump's problems and woes, and yet, those attacks seem to buoy him.

Personal attacks tend to backfire with voters, making them feel as if the subject of the attack is being unfairly treated.

For Trump -- the old adage that "no publicity is bad publicity" seems to hold true.

Now, if the media focused on Hillary's warmongering past -- her talk about "obliterating" Iran or her verbal chest-beating after Gaddafi was tortured and killed, we might see some voters turn from her. As it is -- all the silly email stuff only serves to make her look like a helpless victim.

The media is out of control. I don't see a return to sanity anytime soon.

Absolutely spot on. The "media" largely is nothing but a typing pool for the DNC. One wonders if any claim otherwise is a plant from the Hillary campaign.

del
10-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Its every main pollster the results are the same, I get gallup in my email daily sometimes twice, they have a greater margin of americans distrusting the media.

Its not even debateable that the entire media is in the tank for hillary. They either omit anything negative or embellish on the good.

Matt Lauer was TERMINATED from his job for asking hillary to many questions about her emails

If the left cant be honest about that they cant be honest about anything

matt lauer is still employed

thanks for playing

JDubya
10-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Hilarious watching these right-wing rubes pounding sand over "thet thar ding-danged ol' lib'rul media!!!" for reporting Trump's lies and calling him out for his obnoxious insults (or as many of them as they can keep up with) and trying to brand them as partisan liars who cannot be trusted to report the unbiased truth, then as soon as they report some right-wing generated piece of smear campaign propaganda about Hillary or one of her associates.... the maroons start jumping up and down in support and agreement, like a bunch of crazed apes.

https://www.netanimations.net/Riverdancing-monkeys.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/vRAGEqUlbaQqA/giphy.gif

Too funny.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 10:54 AM
lol

Fans

Cletus
10-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Snopes lost its credibility years ago. Politifact is demonstrably left leaning.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Snopes lost its credibility years ago. Politifact is demonstrably left leaning.

As is WAPO. Although they occasionally go after democrats in an attempt to maintain cover.