PDA

View Full Version : Forget Donald. Why should CLINTON be president?

Fagan_the_Pagan
10-01-2016, 02:07 PM
What qualifies Hillary Clinton to be president? Please don't reference Donald Trump in your answers and, if possible I'd like the arguments to avoid reference to political parties at all. This is not about Democrats or Republicans right now, I am talking about Hillary Clinton. What makes HER qualified to be president?

Related Thread: Forget-Hillary-Why-should-TRUMP-be-president? (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/71011-Forget-Hillary-Why-should-TRUMP-be-president?p=1746388#post1746388)

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Not a thing. Unless your number one qualification is a proven failure.

AZ Jim
10-01-2016, 02:15 PM
She is not her opponent.

Standing Wolf
10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
What qualifies Hillary Clinton to be president? Please don't reference Donald Trump in your answers...

Afraid this is more than a bit like asking someone to explain why they stepped on the dog's tail without referencing the edge of the cliff that was in the only other possible direction to go.

There are certainly moderate Republicans whom I could support, I'm sure, if the Democratic nominee were someone truly egregious. I'm not in love with Hillary Clinton and am not blind to her faults and past mistakes. She may not be the most qualified Democratic politician for the job...but the Republicans have chosen to insult the office and the process by offering up a huge, stinking joke as a candidate, and Hillary Clinton is the only other option.

zelmo1234
10-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Well if she is President, then we can do away with any agency that is directed toward keeping the secrets of the USA.

As she will have them up on the auction block on day one anyway.

Standing Wolf
10-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Well if she is President, then we can do away with any agency that is directed toward keeping the secrets of the USA.
If
As she will have them up on the auction block on day one anyway.

In terms of keeping state secrets, I would give Hillary the edge over Trump any day, a thousand times over. I have no doubt that if he thought it was "good business", Trump would sell anything to anyone at any time and then deny it to his dying day.

zelmo1234
10-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Afraid this is more than a bit like asking someone to explain why they stepped on the dog's tail without referencing the edge of the cliff that was in the only other possible direction to go.

There are certainly moderate Republicans whom I could support, I'm sure, if the Democratic nominee were someone truly egregious. I'm not in love with Hillary Clinton and am not blind to her faults and past mistakes. She may not be the most qualified Democratic politician for the job...but the Republicans have chosen to insult the office and the process by offering up a huge, stinking joke as a candidate, and Hillary Clinton is the only other option.

So I am assuming that you would Vote for Lindsey Graham As he is the only Republican that is to the left of Trump.

And if you are aware of Hillary's Flaws, then you know of all of the Felonies that she has committed. So what does that say about you?

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Hillary can keep state secrets? OMG.....

zelmo1234
10-01-2016, 02:30 PM
In terms of keeping state secrets, I would give Hillary the edge over Trump any day, a thousand times over. I have no doubt that if he thought it was "good business", Trump would sell anything to anyone at any time and then deny it to his dying day.

What has Trump done that would lead you to believe that.

Hillary, we know that she has sold access to the highest bidder. So we know that it will happen.

Trump? He might be as bad, but at least we don't know 100%

Standing Wolf
10-01-2016, 02:34 PM
And if you are aware of Hillary's Flaws, then you know of all of the Felonies that she has committed.

In terms of being an honest, sincere, law-abiding individual of good will and character, there is absolutely no objectively viewed contest between HRC and DJT.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 02:37 PM
In terms of being an honest, sincere, law-abiding individual of good will and character, there is absolutely no objectively viewed contest between HRC and DJT.

Both fail.

It is impossible to honestly give Hillary a pass. The polls seem to agree.

zelmo1234
10-01-2016, 02:39 PM

Correct, Hillary, is proven to be a pathological Liar.

Archer0915
10-01-2016, 02:43 PM
What qualifies Hillary Clinton to be president? Please don't reference Donald Trump in your answers and, if possible I'd like the arguments to avoid reference to political parties at all. This is not about Democrats or Republicans right now, I am talking about Hillary Clinton. What makes HER qualified to be president?

Related Thread: Forget-Hillary-Why-should-TRUMP-be-president? (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/71011-Forget-Hillary-Why-should-TRUMP-be-president?p=1746388#post1746388)

Nothing!

She has no proven, successful, executive experience.

She is very deceptive, has many scandals behind her and in front of her.

She has a proven record of ignoring regulations and putting national security at risk.

She has a proven record of abandoning her subordinates.

Standing Wolf
10-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Both fail.

Perhaps. To my knowledge, the American people have never elected a saint to the Presidency, and we won't get one this time. It would be preferable, however, I think it's safe to say, to have one who is not an unhinged, bullying, proudly uninformed and pathologically arrogant head case.

Archer0915
10-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Perhaps. To my knowledge, the American people have never elected a saint to the Presidency, and we won't get one this time. It would be preferable, however, I think it's safe to say, to have one who is not an unhinged, bullying, proudly uninformed and pathologically arrogant head case.

Uhhhh... That can be either of them!

Peter1469

Hillary is 100% unfit. Assign any percentage to Trump and I will agree with it.

As I said, if Hillary came into my office to remove the trash I would toss her out of the building. She is unfit to serve in any capacity in the government.

Fagan_the_Pagan
Hillary, we know that she has sold access to the highest bidder. So we know that it will happen.Is this in reference to scheduling meetings with people who donated to the Clinton Foundation? Suspicious to be sure, but not proof of wrongdoing unless you have information I don't.

Archer0915
10-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Is this in reference to scheduling meetings with people who donated to the Clinton Foundation? Suspicious to be sure, but not proof of wrongdoing unless you have information I don't.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-donor-sensitive-intelligence-board/story?id=39710624

I mean investigations into her are stalled or fixed. How much more is needed?

suds00
10-01-2016, 02:56 PM
she might not embarrass us

Bethere
10-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Hillary is 100% unfit. Assign any percentage to Trump and I will agree with it.

As I said, if Hillary came into my office to remove the trash I would toss her out of the building. She is unfit to serve in any capacity in the government.

And yet she will be the 45th president of the United States and there is nothing you can do about it.

Bethere
10-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Both fail.

It is impossible to honestly give Hillary a pass. The polls seem to agree.

And yet she will be the 45th president of the United States and there is nothing you can do about it.

Bethere
10-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Not a thing. Unless your number one qualification is a proven failure.

Bethere
10-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Hillary can keep state secrets? OMG.....

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 03:18 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F_E5tv7Vm0fsY%2 FTLzFjB74OvI%2FAAAAAAAAATU%2FLpgJ1s6a0b4%2Fs1600%2 Fbroken-record-765056.jpg&f=1

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Well, she shouldn't.

She's a complete sociopath who only cares about amassing power and wealth for herself.

She will do whatever the corporate oligarchy instructs her to do, whether it's subsidizing their business interests with taxpayer money or destroying a country that stands in the way of their imperialist agenda.

She is a soulless, evil person with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and her intention to escalate US involvement in Syria is easily the most dangerous, demented policy initiative being proposed by any candidate of note.

She also has designs on the second amendment rights of millions of decent, law abiding Americans, which does not bode well for the stability and harmony of American society.

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:40 PM

You're voting for Clinton? Seriously? A person who has contributed to the destruction of at least three countries and turned them into terrorist wonderlands? Someone who won't even say if the second amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms?

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:43 PM

So even though Clinton has actually compromised state secrets at the highest levels and lied about it through her teeth, you think Trump is more likely to compromise them based on speculation about his personality.

Sounds reasonable.

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:47 PM
It would be preferable, however, I think it's safe to say, to have one who is not an unhinged, bullying, proudly uninformed and pathologically arrogant head case.

Then why are you voting for Clinton?

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Is this in reference to scheduling meetings with people who donated to the Clinton Foundation? Suspicious to be sure, but not proof of wrongdoing unless you have information I don't.

Yes, I'm sure it's a big coincidence that people who donate millions of dollars to the Clinton slush fund are getting preferred treatment from the Clintons.

Let's just give them the benefit of the doubt, because politicians have earned that after so many years of trustworthy conduct, no?

decedent
10-01-2016, 03:49 PM
At this point, there's nobody more qualified than Hillary.

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:51 PM

You sound like a cult member repeating the same dogma over and over again. Clinton supporters truly are dangerous, delusional people.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 03:52 PM

As a complete and utter failure? Agree 100%.

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 03:54 PM

Clinton is only qualified to help the oligarchy rape humanity. Other than that, she has no qualifications.

The Xl
10-01-2016, 04:06 PM
She's qualified to be president if you're a fan of bad experience and if you want escalated tensions and potentially war with the world's only other functional military superpower.

Green Arrow
10-01-2016, 04:35 PM

I thought Trump was supposed to be the one playing the politics of fear?

hanger4
10-01-2016, 04:49 PM

Geebuss, Hillary can't pass a basic access security clearance.

"Eligibility for access to classified information, commonly known as a security clearance, is granted only to those for whom an appropriate personnel security background investigation has been completed. It must be determined that the individual’s personal and professional history indicates loyalty to the United States, strength of character, trustworthiness, honesty, reliability, discretion, and sound judgment, as well as freedom from conflicting allegiances and potential for coercion, and a willingness and ability to abide by regulations governing the use, handling, and protection of classified information."

Cletus
10-01-2016, 04:57 PM

I see you are stuck on stupid.

Crepitus
10-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Of the two likely alternatives she will do the least damage.

Crepitus
10-01-2016, 05:47 PM
As hard as that is to believe, it is true.

hanger4
10-01-2016, 05:57 PM

We already know the damage Clinton has done and may never know the damage done by her unsecured server.

Trump is all assumptions.

Crepitus
10-01-2016, 05:59 PM
We already know the damage Clinton has done and may never know the damage done by her unsecured server.

Trump is all assumptions.
You act as if Trump presents himself as a stable, reasonable, and reasoning being. If the were so I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Sadly it's not true, so we are left with this most painful choice.....

hanger4
10-01-2016, 06:04 PM
You act as if Trump presents himself as a stable, reasonable, and reasoning being. If the were so I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Sadly it's not true, so we are left with this most painful choice.....

Unstable, unreasonable, and unreasoning people don't build multibillion dollar businesses.

Crepitus
10-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Unstable, unreasonable, and unreasoning people don't build multibillion dollar businesses.
Which leads to the question: Who helped him?

Cletus
10-01-2016, 06:07 PM
The Leftists here, almost all of whom decided to vote for Clinton even before she announced her candidacy are now trying to find a way to save face even though they are still going to vote for her.

Nobody buys their act but them.

hanger4
10-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Which leads to the question: Who helped him?

Lawdy

decedent
10-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Clinton is only qualified to help the oligarchy rape humanity. Other than that, she has no qualifications.

The only one encouraging an oligarchy is Trump. He's talking about giving the wealthy more money, getting rid of the ACA and denying healthcare to the poor, banning Muslims, changing the Constitution, limiting free speech of the press, nationalizing a police force, employing stop-and-frisk nationwide, etc.

Trump is an economic royalist who would create a new establishment: the worst oligarchy in American history.

NapRover
10-01-2016, 07:30 PM
The only one encouraging an oligarchy is Trump. He's talking about giving the wealthy more money, getting rid of the ACA and denying healthcare to the poor, banning Muslims, changing the Constitution, limiting free speech of the press, nationalizing a police force, employing stop-and-frisk nationwide, etc.

Trump is an economic royalist who would create a new establishment: the worst oligarchy in American history.
None of that is true. Where did you get your info?

Fagan_the_Pagan
10-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Unstable, unreasonable, and unreasoning people don't build multibillion dollar businesses.He's a REAL ESTATE MOGUL. It's the definition of unearned income. Charging people rent doesn't take a business genius, it takes a fat wad of cash your rich daddy gave you. People see that a rich man with a rich daddy has a big business and thinks that makes him really good at business. No, when people are rich, they are able to use that money as leverage to get more money. You know how they say you have to spend money to make money? The more money you start out with, the more money you can make. How many people from the Fortune 500 came from nothing?

Fagan_the_Pagan
10-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Trump's speeches? He's at least implied if not overtly stated that he wanted to do all of those things.

decedent
10-01-2016, 07:51 PM

Sadly, it's all true. Feel free to google any of it.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Geebuss, Hillary can't pass a basic access security clearance.

"Eligibility for access to classified information, commonly known as a security clearance, is granted only to those for whom an appropriate personnel security background investigation has been completed. It must be determined that the individual’s personal and professional history indicates loyalty to the United States, strength of character, trustworthiness, honesty, reliability, discretion, and sound judgment, as well as freedom from conflicting allegiances and potential for coercion, and a willingness and ability to abide by regulations governing the use, handling, and protection of classified information."

If she shows up at my office- several blocks from Congress- I will toss her out on her ass. She is unfit.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 08:06 PM

Only if you agree with the globalist agenda. If so, you are correct.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Trump is an economic royalist who would create a new establishment: the worst oligarchy in American history.That is why the working blue collar type is on his team.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 08:09 PM

A comic book

Bethere
10-01-2016, 08:12 PM
If she shows up at my office- several blocks from Congress- I will toss her out on her ass. She is unfit.

She would no doubt kick your pansy ass.

Ethereal
10-01-2016, 08:13 PM

She can barely stand on her own two feet.

Peter1469
10-01-2016, 08:32 PM

Only highly trained martial artists with real combat experience have a chance. Do you put Hillary "Buckles" in that class? :wink: She isn't getting into my office space. She is unfit.

decedent
10-01-2016, 09:34 PM
That is why the working blue collar type is on his team.

Demagogues exploiting the working class is nothing new.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Neither should be president

Bethere
10-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Only highly trained martial artists with real combat experience have a chance. Do you put Hillary "Buckles" in that class? :wink: She isn't getting into my office space. She is unfit.

Tahuyaman
10-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Forget Donald. Why should CLINTON be president?
She shouldn't.

Tahuyaman
10-01-2016, 11:28 PM
She is not her opponent.

Earth to AZ Jim, come in AZ Jim......

AZ Jim
10-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Earth to @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901), come in @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901)......OK, here we go again baby talking you. The question was why should we vote for Hillary. My answer was (and is) because "she is not her opponent"). Now go away.

Bethere
10-01-2016, 11:45 PM
She can barely stand on her own two feet.

Hal Jordan
10-01-2016, 11:53 PM

I believe it would be preferable to have no president at all, than to have Hillary or Trump.

Hal Jordan
10-02-2016, 12:01 AM
OK, here we go again baby talking you. The question was why should we vote for Hillary. My answer was (and is) because "she is not her opponent"). Now go away.

The OP qualified that as a non-answer. Find another reason.

AZ Jim
10-02-2016, 12:08 AM
The OP qualified that as a non-answer. Find another reason.No. He said without mentioning Trump, which I did. Also, I don't take orders well at times, this is one of those times.

Hal Jordan
10-02-2016, 12:45 AM
No. He said without mentioning Trump, which I did. Also, I don't take orders well at times, this is one of those times.

He made it clear that the answer shouldn't be about party or the opponent, but Hillary Clinton alone.

What makes HER qualified to be president?

AZ Jim
10-02-2016, 12:48 AM
He made it clear that the answer shouldn't be about party or the opponent, but Hillary Clinton alone.Go away.

Hal Jordan
10-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Go away.

No. Answer the question asked, or you go away.

AZ Jim
10-02-2016, 12:53 AM
What the hells your problem, can't you tell I am not going to tell you a fucking thing? 16309

Hal Jordan
10-02-2016, 12:58 AM
What the hells your problem, can't you tell I am not going to tell you a fucking thing? 16309

In other words, you have no answer, which means she's really not qualified.

AZ Jim
10-02-2016, 01:00 AM
In other words, you have no answer, which means she's really not qualified. Shit! What a putz.

Hal Jordan
10-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Shit! What a putz.

Still no qualifications, so yes, you are. Go ahead. Prove me wrong, if you can.

AZ Jim
10-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Still no qualifications, so yes, you are. Go ahead. Prove me wrong, if you can.16310

Hal Jordan
10-02-2016, 01:20 AM

In other words, you have nothing to show her as qualified. Seriously,you should try to find something, at least.

Peter1469
10-02-2016, 04:55 AM
Demagogues exploiting the working class is nothing new.

The Clintons certainly have been that their entire political lives.

IMPress Polly
10-02-2016, 05:50 AM
The OP asks Clinton supporters why they support her aside from disliking Trump. So far I have seen three answers from the Clinton camp:

1) cartoon pictures,
2) personal insults that resemble 3 AM Trump tweets, and...
3) she's not Trump (a direct violation of the one and only criteria set by the OP).

In other words, they've got nothing.

Peter1469
10-02-2016, 06:51 AM
The OP asks Clinton supporters why they support her aside from disliking Trump. So far I have seen three answers from the Clinton camp:

1) cartoon pictures,
2) personal insults that resemble 3 AM Trump tweets, and...
3) she's not Trump (a direct violation of the one and only criteria set by the OP).

In other words, they've got nothing.

Be fair Polly. They have nothing to work with. :wink: