PDA

View Full Version : Trump insults combat vets with ptsd

AZ Jim
10-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Here's a guy who ditched military service with 4 deferments (college) upon graduation used a medical excuse a bone spur on his foot and he has the gall to insult combat vets.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/trump-ptsd?utm_term=.gbb13bpJO#.jf1V5ez3j

stjames1_53
10-03-2016, 01:08 PM
bone spurs on the heel is an imperfection the military won't deal with. Just like missing a little toe, you are disqualified from active service.
He had bone spurs. The military won't even take YOU with bone spurs. ....................
So you are both excluded for active duty........
next.....
BTW, Obama never got close to an enlistment center. I believe he was out of the country visiting Saudi at the time. lol
It doesn't see to be a prerequisite at this point...........Hillary never served, yet some are over-looking that as well.
and neither did Billy-boy...............

Ethereal
10-03-2016, 01:20 PM
As usual, Trump did not express himself eloquently.

And, as usual, his statements are being warped in order to vilify him.

It should also be noted that the veteran community is becoming increasingly hyper-sensitive, whiny, and self-important, so it shouldn't come as any surprise when a coterie of vets take offense to Trump's statement.

My friend and I have noticed this since we left the service in 2008. Social media is full of attention-seeking vets who constantly broadcast their veteran status to the world in the most annoying and self-congratulatory manner.

I grew up admiring the generation of vets who didn't really talk about being a vet. I didn't even know my grandfather had been a Marine in Korea until after he died. He simply never talked about it.

Whereas nowadays, many vets never shut up about it, and they tend to be the same kind of vet who gets easily butt-hurt.

No doubt these same vets will cry about Trump's statement even though the underlying sentiment he was expressing was a genuine one with no offense intended.

Peter1469
10-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Trump isn't a professional politicians who speaks in carefully coded double-speak.

AZ Jim
10-03-2016, 01:23 PM
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and shoot someone and not lose a supporter." Donald J. Trump

Cletus
10-03-2016, 01:34 PM
He was correct.

Mac-7
10-03-2016, 01:42 PM

It should also be noted that the veteran community is becoming increasingly hyper-sensitive, whiny, and self-important, so it shouldn't come as any surprise when a coterie of vets take offense to Trump's statement.

My friend and I have noticed this since we left the service in 2008. Social media is full of attention-seeking vets who constantly broadcast their veteran status to the world in the most annoying and self-congratulatory manner.

I grew up admiring the generation of vets who didn't really talk about being a vet. I didn't even know my grandfather had been a Marine in Korea until after he died. He simply never talked about it.

Whereas nowadays, many vets never shut up about it, and they tend to be the same kind of vet who gets easily butt-hurt.

No doubt these same vets will cry about Trump's statement even though the underlying sentiment he was expressing was a genuine one with no offense intended.

I think you are on the right track this time.

First not every vet is a combat vet.

many serve honorably but never leave stateside

others wear the combat patch but not for actual fighting but as support personel.

Iraq and afghanistan exposed more support soldiers to enemy fire than in previous wars but even then not everyone can truthfully claim PTSD.

So the figure of 22 vet suicides a day can be misleading to the uninformed when many of them are not service related.

the same goes for vet homelessness

yes many combat vets are traumatized by their experience but most handle it better than others do.

if I were trump I would say as little as possible beyond vowing to improve the inner workings of the VA hospitals so that the combat vets get the treatment they are entitled to.

gamewell45
10-03-2016, 01:45 PM
bone spurs on the heel is an imperfection the military won't deal with. Just like missing a little toe, you are disqualified from active service.
He had bone spurs. The military won't even take YOU with bone spurs. ....................
So you are both excluded for active duty........
next.....
BTW, Obama never got close to an enlistment center. I believe he was out of the country visiting Saudi at the time. lol
It doesn't see to be a prerequisite at this point...........Hillary never served, yet some are over-looking that as well.
and neither did Billy-boy...............

Of course you fail to mention that when Obama became of age to serve, the Selective Service was no longer drafting anyone.....

Peter1469
10-03-2016, 01:46 PM
I think you are on the right track this time.

First not every vet is a combat vet.

many serve honorably but never leave stateside

others wear the combat patch but not for actual fighting but as support personel.

Iraq and afghanistan exposed more support soldiers to enemy fire than in previous wars but even then not everyone can truthfully claim PTSD.

So the figure of 22 vet suicides a day can be misleading to the uninformed when many of them are not service related.

the same goes for vet homelessness

yes many combat vets are traumatized by their experience but most handle it better than others do.

if I were trump I would say as little as possible beyond vowing to improve the inner workings of the VA hospitals so that the combat vets get the treatment they are entitled to.

The bases in Iraq and Afghanistan were under constant mortar and rocket attack. Over 2000 rounds hit my base on my last deployment which was roughly one year. That is much more of a low-level but constant stress than combat missions. It is like the difference from being a passenger with a crazy driver, and driving a bit crazy yourself.

Much of the vet suicides are from the REMFs, not the trigger pullers.

decedent
10-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Why would a military vet support somebody who has trashed POWs, Gold Star families, and PTSD survivors?

Mac-7
10-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Of course you fail to mention that when Obama became of age to serve, the Selective Service was no longer drafting anyone.....

But the military was accepting volunteers.

nathanbforrest45
10-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Here's a guy who ditched military service with 4 deferments (college) upon graduation used a medical excuse a bone spur on his foot and he has the gall to insult combat vets.

I have said the same thing that Trump did. I think they are weak and its an easy cop out to claim you have PTSD. When I was in we had more people getting out on Section 8's than we did on actual combat wounds.

nathanbforrest45
10-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Why would a military vet support somebody who has trashed POWs, Gold Star families, and PTSD survivors?

Perhaps many of us who are combat veterans agree with what he has said. I don't consider McCain a hero just because he was shot down and I think PTSD is overused by weak minded individuals. As far as the Gold Star family is concerned I really have no opinion about that. So they lost a kid, a lot of people lose children, that does not make them special, just sad.

Peter1469
10-03-2016, 02:01 PM

Why would a military vet support a globalist who uses the military to destroy nations that are no threat to the US? Like Libya as an example.

Mac-7
10-03-2016, 02:02 PM

Because most vets are not as clueless and the precious snowflakes who never served.

my unscientific guess is that trump will get more veteran votes than hillary will

gamewell45
10-03-2016, 02:02 PM
But the military was accepting volunteers.

That may be true, but the main context revolves around the draft; i suspect if there were no draft back then, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Common Sense
10-03-2016, 02:04 PM
LOL...trump never had bone spurs. He did have a rich father though...

Mac-7
10-03-2016, 02:05 PM
That may be true, but the main context revolves around the draft; i suspect if there were no draft back then, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

What is the moral difference between using a legal deferment to avoid military service or simply not joining?

Mac-7
10-03-2016, 02:08 PM

I regret that the idiot peanut farmer gave amnesty to the assholes who ran off to canada to avoid the draft

i wish they were forced to remain there as fugatives instead of coming back here.

Common
10-03-2016, 02:11 PM

So did bill clinton and a whol host of other polticians and rich guys

gamewell45
10-03-2016, 02:28 PM
What is the moral difference between using a legal deferment to avoid military service or simply not joining?

I think because some people are not cut out for military service and recognize from the get-go that they are not. Why would someone voluntarily join who realizes the service is not for them? That's exercising common sense in my book.

decedent
10-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Because most vets are not as clueless and the precious snowflakes who never served.

Yes, Trump is precious.

nathanbforrest45
10-03-2016, 03:27 PM

What, you are a doctor now?

Cletus
10-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Perhaps many of us who are combat veterans agree with what he has said. I don't consider McCain a hero just because he was shot down and I think PTSD is overused by weak minded individuals. As far as the Gold Star family is concerned I really have no opinion about that. So they lost a kid, a lot of people lose children, that does not make them special, just sad.

Well said.

nathanbforrest45
10-03-2016, 03:36 PM

The implication is that most young males were either drafted or joined the service during the Vietnam era. This is simply not true. What is true is that 80% of those claiming to be Vietnam vets are lying. So, the fact is there were far more people who were never called on to serve and did not volunteer to serve.

http://www.uswings.com/about-us-wings/vietnam-war-facts/

Mac-7
10-03-2016, 05:44 PM
I think because some people are not cut out for military service and recognize from the get-go that they are not. Why would someone voluntarily join who realizes the service is not for them? That's exercising common sense in my book.

Obama, trump and hillary-bill are not just "some people."

if it were up to me active duty military service would be a requirement to be commamder in chief of the armed forces.

If so all four would have been disqualified.

but that is a sidetrack issue.

More to the point is that obumer and hillary avoided military service no more or less than trump did

PeoplePower
10-03-2016, 07:00 PM
My first experience with PTSD was my big old uncle who I loved.
He fell asleep in the living room LazyBoy.
I saw him whimpering and crying and suffering.About 8 times,I didn't live with them,just was staying.
He was part of the D-Day invasion.
He was a big man,too.
Yeah;He had nightmares.

birddog
10-04-2016, 11:36 AM
It's true. As a military Vet, I will not support Hillary!

She married Slick Willy, a true draft dodger who got out of the draft after receiving his draft notice.

texan
10-04-2016, 12:42 PM

But nothing about Hillary insulting everyone's intelligence?

Docthehun
10-04-2016, 12:42 PM
The bases in Iraq and Afghanistan were under constant mortar and rocket attack. Over 2000 rounds hit my base on my last deployment which was roughly one year. That is much more of a low-level but constant stress than combat missions. It is like the difference from being a passenger with a crazy driver, and driving a bit crazy yourself.

Much of the vet suicides are from the REMFs, not the trigger pullers.

A buddy of mine lost his son a few years back. An Army accountant, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Get the clip of the entire exchange. Trump didn't say anything wrong.

Safety
10-04-2016, 03:06 PM

Partisan politics.

gamewell45
10-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Obama, trump and hillary-bill are not just "some people."

if it were up to me active duty military service would be a requirement to be commamder in chief of the armed forces.

If so all four would have been disqualified.

but that is a sidetrack issue.

More to the point is that obumer and hillary avoided military service no more or less than trump did

Not true since if trump were unable to obtain the college deferments and eventually convert to 4-F status, he would have been forced to serve in the armed forces; on the other hand an all-volunteer armed forces is just that. So you really have no idea if Obama and Hillary "avoided" military service since there was no requirement during their eligibility years.

maineman
10-04-2016, 05:46 PM

kinda like "what difference does it make", eh?

Bethere
10-04-2016, 05:56 PM

You sure do defend Donald a lot, trump fan!

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Talk to some vets who saw it.

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 06:01 PM
You sure do defend Donald a lot, trump fan!

When he is right. Not when he is wrong.

I talked to other vets about it today. So, troll elsewhere.

Bethere
10-04-2016, 06:22 PM

I talked to other vets about it today. So, troll elsewhere.

You told decedent that he is an advocate for 'partisan politics.' I said much the same about you and you cried.

Decedent > Pete

MisterVeritis
10-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Why would you care? It is sufficient that we do.

AZ Jim
10-04-2016, 06:27 PM

I talked to other vets about it today. So, troll elsewhere.For someone who claims to not be a Trump supporter, you spend most of your time on here supporting him. I never here you support Clinton or any other candidate. You are all about Trump. Just admit and you'll feel free.

Cigar
10-04-2016, 06:29 PM

In all honesty, I think everyone here knows deep down that Trump is a F'cking Racist Moron.

It's only the Clinton Hate that keeps Donald in the race.

November 9th he'll be gone.

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 07:34 PM
You told decedent that he is an advocate for 'partisan politics.' I said much the same about you and you cried.

Decedent > Pete

I made an honest assessment about the particular statement that Trump made. All of it; not the bit the "media" is using to claim that he said anything wrong. I also talked to real vets about it.

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Hillary called blacks dangerous predators in the 1990s. When did Trump do that? When know Johnston and Stein have yet to say it.

MisterVeritis
10-04-2016, 08:39 PM
In all honesty, I think everyone here knows deep down that Trump is a F'cking Racist Moron.

It's only the Clinton Hate that keeps Donald in the race.

November 9th he'll be gone.
In all honesty, I think everyone here knows deep down that Cigar is a F'cking Racist Moron. amirite?

He is going to win.

Bethere
10-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Hillary called blacks dangerous predators in the 1990s. When did Trump do that? When know Johnston and Stein have yet to say it.

And once again, pete the 'independent' rips the Democrat while carrying water for the Republican.

It's what you do that matters. No one cares what you claim to be.

del
10-04-2016, 09:20 PM

he took care of it by refusing to rent to them.

PolWatch
10-04-2016, 10:52 PM
In all honesty, I think everyone here knows deep down that Cigar is a F'cking Racist Moron. amirite?

He is going to win.

Poster has been thread banned for violation of forum rules (name calling). Do not respond to thread banned posters.

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 11:20 PM

That kind of reminds me of my father. He fought as Polish resistance in WWII. He was young when Hitler invaded Poland and basically never got to be a teenager. From the age of 11-16 he lived indoors because it wasn't safe outside and as soon as he was old enough, he joined the resistance. He was captured and held in two different POW camps and escaped both. Other than that, he never really talked about that time. Then something happened when he was in his 70's and it totally consumed him. It was then that I realized he had been living with PTSD for decades. The year before he died, he finally told me about some of what he endured during the war. Overall, it made me understand better what he had been holding inside and why he was such a worry wart all the time that I was growing up. It wasn't overt, but I knew that he worried himself into ulcers during his working life and never took anything for granted. He always had a problem with anything that smelled like an authoritarian state.

PolWatch
10-04-2016, 11:26 PM
That kind of reminds me of my father. He fought as Polish resistance in WWII. He was young when Hitler invaded Poland and basically never got to be a teenager. From the age of 11-16 he lived indoors because it wasn't safe outside and as soon as he was old enough, he joined the resistance. He was captured and held in two different POW camps and escaped both. Other than that, he never really talked about that time. Then something happened when he was in his 70's and it totally consumed him. It was then that I realized he had been living with PTSD for decades. The year before he died, he finally told me about some of what he endured during the war. Overall, it made me understand better what he had been holding inside and why he was such a worry wart all the time that I was growing up. It wasn't overt, but I knew that he worried himself into ulcers during his working life and never took anything for granted. He always had a problem with anything that smelled like an authoritarian state.

I wonder how many men suffered from PTSD before anyone admitted it existed. I worked in mental health in the mid-60's. We had several groups for alcoholics that consisted of WWII & Korean vets.

AZ Jim
10-04-2016, 11:31 PM
I wonder how many men suffered from PTSD before anyone admitted it existed. I worked in mental health in the mid-60's. We had several groups for alcoholics that consisted of WWII & Korean vets.After ww2 we had many men who suffered from what we called "shell shock".

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 11:37 PM
I wonder how many men suffered from PTSD before anyone admitted it existed. I worked in mental health in the mid-60's. We had several groups for alcoholics that consisted of WWII & Korean vets.
Shell shock didn't really begin to describe the emotional/psychological damage. However back then, if you weren't catatonic, you were fine.

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 11:39 PM
After ww2 we had many men who suffered from what we called "shell shock".
Back then if you didn't get over it, you were weak. They didn't have any treatment beyond getting you up and around.

TrueBlue
10-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Back then if you didn't get over it, you were weak. They didn't have any treatment beyond getting you up and around.
And no doubt they thought that was doing American justice to those poor people. Sad isn't it!

AZ Jim
10-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Back then if you didn't get over it, you were weak. They didn't have any treatment beyond getting you up and around.Yes but it's like football leather headgear (before helmets), we will never know how many young men had serious concussions but if they could walk, they could play. Long term damage no doubt took a major toll.

TrueBlue
10-04-2016, 11:48 PM
After ww2 we had many men who suffered from what we called "shell shock".
Yes, and isn't it sad that up until recently the V.A. has virtually ignored the medical care of many of those people some who even passed away while waiting for the care they so rightfully deserved to receive?

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 11:48 PM
And no doubt they thought that was doing American justice to those poor people. Sad isn't it!
It is. These men left as one person and came home as another. There were many divorces back then because the wives couldn't cope with the unstable personalities.

Dr. Who
10-04-2016, 11:50 PM
Yes but it's like football leather headgear (before helmets), we will never know how many young men had serious concussions but if they could walk, they could play. Long term damage no doubt took a major toll.
Very true. Much of it affected the offspring of those soldiers.

Cletus
10-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Back then if you didn't get over it, you were weak.

You still are.

AZ Jim
10-05-2016, 12:28 AM
You still are.Unbelievable.

Cletus
10-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Unbelievable.

What is unbelievable about it, Jim?

Bethere
10-05-2016, 02:20 AM
What is unbelievable about it, Jim?
Wow.

Cthulhu
10-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Not even a valid comparison.

One is a lying, murderous criminal.

The other is just a douchebag.

Fear profits a man nothing.

ripmeister
10-05-2016, 11:19 AM
This does seem to have been blown out of proportion but with Trump its the totality of things said like the McCain comments and the one that really got me in the aftermath of the Kahn debacle when he was asked about what sacrifices he had made. That was quite telling.

birddog
10-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Trump will do far more for Vets, hands down! Trump is easily taken out of context with some of his comments, but that's typical of lying liberal thinking!

maineman
10-05-2016, 02:36 PM
This does seem to have been blown out of proportion but with Trump its the totality of things said like the McCain comments and the one that really got me in the aftermath of the Kahn debacle when he was asked about what sacrifices he had made. That was quite telling.

absolutely. It is clear that Trump doesn't even know the meaning of the word, "sacrifice".

Peter1469
10-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Trump will do far more for Vets, hands down! Trump is easily taken out of context with some of his comments, but that's typical of lying liberal thinking!

Trump is not a politician. He doesn't spend a lot of time polishing his statements for his audience.

del
10-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Trump is not a politician. He doesn't spend a lot of time polishing his statements for his audience.

you're gonna need a bigger bucket

Peter1469
10-05-2016, 05:30 PM
you're gonna need a bigger bucket

Declined. I don't support either major candidate.

I will call bull shit when I see it on either side.

del
10-05-2016, 06:16 PM

I will call bull shit when I see it on either side.

:biglaugh:

the next time you call bullshit on trump will be the first time.

who do you think you're fooling?

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 06:29 PM

But the partisans here excuse Bill Clinton's dishonest means of avoiding the draft. He was physically healthy too. He just claimed to loathe the military.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 06:30 PM

I will call bull $#@! when I see it on either side.

Most people here are completely one sided, so they can't grasp that concept.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 06:33 PM

the next time you call bull$#@! on trump will be the first time.

Hilarious.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Donald Trump on Monday suggested to a room full of veterans that soldiers who return from war suffering from PTSD are not

Speaking as a combat vet, that's true.

Why do you suppose some men come out of combat with no emotional scars and others aren't so fortunate? Some people are emotionally stronger than others for a variety of reasons.

Peter1469
10-05-2016, 07:11 PM

the next time you call bullshit on trump will be the first time.

First time was a long time ago. Keep up or error on the side of discretion.

Bethere
10-05-2016, 07:24 PM

I will call bull $#@! when I see it on either side.

No one buys it.

AZ Jim
10-05-2016, 08:14 PM

I will call bull shit when I see it on either side.Bullshit! You have been carrying water for Trump for as long as I've been here.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Trump insults combat vets with ptsd
I listened to Trump's complete response to the question. Portraying that answer as being an insult to veterans is intellectually dishonest. His response was completely appropriate.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Bull$#@!! You have been carrying water for Trump for as long as I've been here.

You prove every day to be one of those who completely ignores the facts and dreams up any conclusion you want.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:33 PM
No one buys it.

people who respect the truth do.

maineman
10-05-2016, 10:33 PM
You prove every day to be one of those who completely ignores the facts and dreams up any conclusion you want.

kinda like how you concluded that liberals would somehow be upset if Dubya gave speeches for money after he left office????

maineman
10-05-2016, 10:35 PM
people who respect the truth do.
the only truthful thing you've ever said here was that you learned, in the Army, how to do just enough to get by.

pathetic.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Speaking as a combat vet, that's true.

Why do you suppose some men come out of combat with no emotional scars and others aren't so fortunate? Some people are emotionally stronger than others for a variety of reasons.

I'd like to see someone refute that.

maineman
10-05-2016, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see someone refute that.

and you somehow think that all "combat experiences" are equal????

maineman
10-05-2016, 10:43 PM
I had a roommate in Beirut... a US Army LTC.... with three tours in Vietnam. One night I asked him about his experiences in Nam... I said... how many people did you kill while you were there? He said... what do you mean? how many did I kill by calling in air strikes? How many did I kill with a rifle, or a knife, or my bare hands? I said.... yeah...all of those...he said, I probably killed thousands of folks by calling in air strikes. I said, how many did you kill with a rifle... he said, hundreds... I said, how many did you kill with a knife... he said, ten or twenty... I said... how many did you kill with your bare hands... he said, seven. The room was silent for a minute or so.... his "combat experiences" were a bit more "personal" than yours, I would imagine, sarge.... until you walk in someone else's shoes, you ought not be so judgmental.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:47 PM
You continue to show your ass to the crowd.

The fact is, some people can handle the stress and aftermath of combat and some can't. Some people are emotionally stronger than others. This has always been the case and always will. Acknowledging that is not an insult.

Claiming Trump insulted vets with his answer is partisan inspired drivel.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I had a roommate in Beirut... a US Army LTC.... with three tours in Vietnam. One night I asked him about his experiences in Nam... I said... how many people did you kill while you were there? He said... what do you mean? ....

only a freaking inexperienced moron asks a combat vet those questions.

I'm not surprised they would come out of your pie hole. I just can't believe you admit to that. So that tells me this is just a story you just made up out of thin air.

maineman
10-05-2016, 10:50 PM
only a freaking inexperienced moron asks a combat vet that question.

and your body count is.... what, sarge?

zero, unless you count the guys who died from the shitty food you cooked.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:54 PM
and your body count is.... what, sarge?.

Yiu are without a doubt one of the most pathetic worms here. You're a fraud.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 11:00 PM
and your body count is.... what, sarge?

zero, unless you count the guys who died from the $#@!ty food you cooked.

only a freaking inexperienced moron asks a combat vet those questions.

case closed.

It's embarrassingly easy to coax you into exposing your foolishness.

maineman
10-05-2016, 11:03 PM
so...zero?

I thought so.

you big hero, you!

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 11:10 PM
The complete mindlessness of maineman is one of the new wonders of the world. There's no way he is a military veteran.

I know what his response to that will be.

You wanna bet.......

maineman
10-05-2016, 11:18 PM
why would I ever say that? you have welshed on several of those opportunities already. I know my service, and I am proud of every one of the twenty-five years I wore navy blue. I could give a flying fuck if some "go along to get along" REMF, do as little as possible sergeant thinks otherwise. You're an embarrassment to the armed services of the United States, but that won't change because of anything I say or do. Your pathetic "service" will always be there for all to see.

Peter1469
10-06-2016, 03:36 AM
Bullshit! You have been carrying water for Trump for as long as I've been here.

The Fans think that hatred for their girl = support for Trump.

That is far left on the IQ bell curve.

Peter1469
10-06-2016, 03:39 AM
kinda like how you concluded that liberals would somehow be upset if Dubya gave speeches for money after he left office????
Bush's wife wasn't Sec State doing business with the people both Hillary and Bill spoke to.

Pay to play is more than simply going on the speaking circuit.

waltky
10-06-2016, 05:03 AM
Comment was taken w-a-y out of context...
:angry:
John McCain: Media Twisted Donald Trump's Comments on PTSD
Oct 05, 2016 | Sen. John McCain is defending Donald Trump over his controversial comments about veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The former prisoner of war blamed the media for the dust-up, saying Tuesday that the comments made by the Republican nominee on Monday during an event in Virginia were twisted by the media. McCain specifically cited the New York Times as an example. "This is kind of the classic example of the media feeding frenzy that is going on. The bias that is in the media," McCain said during a meeting with the Arizona Daily Star's editorial board. "What he is saying is that some people, for whatever reason, and we really don't understand why, suffer from PTSD, and others don't."

Here is what Trump said: "When you talk about the mental health problems -- when people come back from war and combat, and they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in this room have seen many times over, and you're strong, and you can handle it. But a lot of people can't handle it. "They see horror stories. They see events that you couldn't see in a movie, nobody would believe it." Veterans reported feeling insulted by Trump's remarks, made at an event organized by the Retired American Warriors political action committee. McCain said Trump's comment is a fair assessment for some soldiers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. "There are people who suffer from PTSD," McCain said.

McCain, 80, vowed to help those suffering from the condition, adding he does not have the potentially debilitating problem. "I know people who have suffered from PTSD," he said. "I never have. I have never had a flashback. I never had a bad memory; I never had anything but the greatest gratitude for the honor of serving in the company of heroes." McCain went on to say that while he sides with Trump on this issue, he has stood up to him and other party leaders before, including calling for the firing of former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Whoever the next president is, I will take a stand on what I think is the best for the security of the nation," McCain said. "I've criticized comments of Mr. Trump's on NATO, prisoners of war and on a number of other comments he has made."

McCain elaborated, noting he fought back when Trump said last year: "I like people who weren't captured." "I stood up, not for me, but for those brave Americans who have been prisoners of war," he said. McCain's rival, Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, said McCain is choosing to put his political ambitions ahead of speaking out on another Trump controversy. "It is not the media at fault for Donald Trump's disgusting and insulting comments, it's Trump himself, and by defending them, John McCain has reached a new low," said Kirkpatrick. "Instead of standing up for our veterans, McCain chose to stand up for Trump -- proving that he will literally say or do anything to cling onto his 33-year Washington career."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/10/05/john-mccain-media-twisted-donald-trump-comments-ptsd.html

Peter1469
10-06-2016, 05:05 AM
Comment was taken w-a-y out of context...
:angry:
John McCain: Media Twisted Donald Trump's Comments on PTSD
Oct 05, 2016 | Sen. John McCain is defending Donald Trump over his controversial comments about veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

That is what I have been saying. Yet the Fans are so desperate to get the Crook in office that they will lie and attack those who speak the truth.

I am a combat vet familiar with these issues and when my position is attacked by hacks and Fans I smile and think- tools.

Adelaide
10-06-2016, 07:24 AM
When I first heard the story I was repulsed, but I just listened/watched the full clip and his words have really been taken out of context.

Common Sense
10-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Dems and their supporters should be careful not to pull these out of context tricks that the right seems to love doing (you didn't build that, what difference does it make).

Clearly these comments were taken out of context.

Tahuyaman
10-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Bottom line, Trump said nothing disrespectful or out of line. The partisan criticisms are just more intellectual dishonesty from the left.