PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton contradicts himself on the ACA

Tahuyaman
10-04-2016, 07:12 PM
In front of one audience, Bill Clinton calls the ACA "the craziest system in the world". The very next day in front of a different audience he goes on to tell them about the great things accomplished by enactment of the ACA.

Which stance is he actually taking on the ACA? Was this another example of him going against his mother's advice and speaking while he was tired?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/bill-clinton-obamacare-craziest-thing/

On Monday.....

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world,"

On Tuesday.....
"Look, the Affordable Health Care Act did a world of good, and the 50-something efforts to repeal it that the Republicans have staged were a terrible mistake," Clinton said at a rally in Athens, Ohio. "We, for the first time in our history, at least are providing insurance to more than 90% of our people."

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 07:38 PM
It was a real attempt at honesty. Let's not discourage him.

Tahuyaman
10-04-2016, 07:48 PM
It was a real attempt at honesty. Let's not discourage him.

When was his attempt at honesty? Monday or Tuesday?

It's still inexplicable that you can go from "the craziest thing in the world" to "doing a world of good" in 24 hours.

Peter1469
10-04-2016, 07:49 PM
When was his attempt at honesty? Monday or Tuesday?

It's still inexplicable that you can go from "the craziest thing in the world" to "doing a world of good" in 24 hours.

He first statement.

The rest was damage control. Focus on the first. Praise him for honesty.

Subdermal
10-04-2016, 08:51 PM
He first statement.

The rest was damage control. Focus on the first. Praise him for honesty.

Honesty isn't one statement that is quickly contradicted by the next statement. You're confusing honesty with manipulation.

Don
10-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Bill Clinton (or Hillary for that matter) could say opposite things to the same audience on 2 consecutive days and they would clap and cheer about both statements. Then their media would explain how they could say different things but not mean what people thought they heard. What do you believe, Bill/Hillary or your lying ears!

Tahuyaman
10-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Bill Clinton (or Hillary for that matter) could say opposite things to the same audience on 2 consecutive days and they would clap and cheer about both statements. Then their media would explain how they could say different things but not mean what people thought they heard. What do you believe, Bill/Hillary or your lying ears!

The Clinton bootlickers here can't though.

AZ Jim
10-04-2016, 10:52 PM
If I were any of you trumpeters, I would not vote for Clinton. Now you can sleep peacefully, dismissed.

Subdermal
10-04-2016, 11:14 PM
If I were any of you trumpeters, I would not vote for Clinton. Now you can sleep peacefully, dismissed.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eAhXNCmPIhw/TSlRzeUTbBI/AAAAAAAAAP4/og6fJGPP43A/s1600/bootlicking.png

Cigar
10-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Well lets do a comparison ...

A) You're a BUSINESS OWNER, and your Insurance has gone UP. Well that's never happened before. :tongue:
B) Doesn't matter if you're a Business Owner or not, if you have a pre-existing condition you can't get Insurance no matter what you do.

I'm betting individual (B) will switch places with Individual (A) :grin:

You'll now return to the usual rant. :laugh:

DGUtley
10-05-2016, 08:25 AM

A) You're a BUSINESS OWNER, and your Insurance has gone UP. Well that's never happened before. :tongue:
B) Doesn't matter if you're a Business Owner or not, if you have a pre-existing condition you can't get Insurance no matter what you do.

I do insurance litigation. Insurers are seeing:

1. Signee signs up for Obamacare
2. Immediate massive (or lots of little) claim. (remember, when denying for pre-existing condition became "discrimination" claim?)
3. Insurer pays claim(?).
4. Signee drops Obamacare shortly after treatment.

Ain't America great....

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 08:33 AM

How how is that relative to the contradictory comments made by Bill Clinton?

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 08:37 AM

What do you think about Bill Clinton's comments about premiums doubling with coverage being cut in half is "the craziest system in the world"?

Truth Detector
10-05-2016, 08:39 AM
In front of one audience, Bill Clinton calls the ACA "the craziest system in the world". The very next day in front of a different audience he goes on to tell them about the great things accomplished by enactment of the ACA.

Which stance is he actually taking on the ACA? Was this another example of him going against his mother's advice and speaking while he was tired?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/bill-clinton-obamacare-craziest-thing/

On Monday.....

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world,"

On Tuesday.....
"Look, the Affordable Health Care Act did a world of good, and the 50-something efforts to repeal it that the Republicans have staged were a terrible mistake," Clinton said at a rally in Athens, Ohio. "We, for the first time in our history, at least are providing insurance to more than 90% of our people."

Liberals seldom can keep their moronic talking points straight and often forget what they were talking about the next day. But as Peter suggested, let's encourage more honesty from BillyBob, it was one of his more lucid moments when he is not preying on women.

Truth Detector
10-05-2016, 08:40 AM
If I were any of you trumpeters,

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Truth Detector
10-05-2016, 08:42 AM

Boot licking is an art with you. Obama's claims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXq1G_GuG8Q

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Liberals seldom can keep their moronic talking points straight and often forget what they were talking about the next day. But as Peter suggested, let's encourage more honesty from BillyBob, it was one of his more lucid moments when he is not preying on women.

Bill Clinton has made contradictory comments about specific policies in the past. One time he tried to explain it away as giving a speech while he was tired.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Boot licking is an art with you.

He's not alone. He's not the best either.

Truth Detector
10-05-2016, 08:58 AM
He's not alone. He's not the best either.

But you have to admit, he is prolific in it. :laugh:

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 09:21 AM
But you have to admit, he is prolific in it. :laugh:

He tries hard, but it doesn't change the fact that Bill Clinton had a momentary episode of honesty and communicated the truth. Mimicking old worn out slogans won't change that.

Professor Peabody
10-05-2016, 04:10 PM

We didn't need Obama Asinine Care to fix that.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Running on the ineffectiveness ACA act will benefit conservatives who voted against it and are running for reelection, or newcomers running against someone who voted for it.

Trump doesnt have have the knowledge, credibility or experience in that particular field to exploit the issue.