PDA

View Full Version : Johnson/Weld campaign out of gas.....

AZ Jim
10-05-2016, 11:23 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/libertarian-vp-candidate-just-wants-to-stop-trump-presidency.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Chris
10-05-2016, 12:04 PM
If Weld goes after Trump then Johnson can go after Clinton.

DGUtley
10-05-2016, 12:06 PM
There was a campaign?

Truth Detector
10-05-2016, 12:27 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/libertarian-vp-candidate-just-wants-to-stop-trump-presidency.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Their campaign never had any gas. :yawn:

Chris
10-05-2016, 01:18 PM
There was a campaign?

Yes. They're on the ballot i every state. They were polling around 10%, in some cases high as 15%. But were kept out of the debate and that drained their chances.

The Xl
10-05-2016, 01:30 PM
They were done the second they didn't qualify for the first debate. Sadly

Chris
10-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Democracy, pfft.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2016, 02:00 PM
The Johnson went limp

Probably still getting my vote.

Still the best candidate in the race.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2016, 02:03 PM
It is worth noting that democracy fails when idiots applaud the fact that candidates can virtually buy elections with special interest money.

"Democracy" is a joke

Truth Detector
10-05-2016, 02:18 PM
It's readily apparent from some of the posts that there are some Americans who have no clue what Democracy is and how it works. Yes we get it, you don't like the candidates.....but a HUGE amount of people did nominate them so suck it up whiners and quit spamming the forum with your moronic "there's no democracy" just because the loons you like can't get 1% of the electorate.

Johnson didn't peter out because he couldn't get on the stage; he would have made a fool out of himself anyways. He is getting little to no support because he's a moron. Jill Stein? What can anyone say but economic midget and whack job.

AZ Jim
10-05-2016, 02:35 PM
If Weld goes after Trump then Johnson can go after Clinton.Johnson if he goes after anyone will hit Trump.

Chris
10-05-2016, 02:35 PM
It's readily apparent from some of the posts that there are some Americans who have no clue what Democracy is and how it works. Yes we get it, you don't like the candidates.....but a HUGE amount of people did nominate them so suck it up whiners and quit spamming the forum with your moronic "there's no democracy" just because the loons you like can't get 1% of the electorate.

Johnson didn't peter out because he couldn't get on the stage; he would have made a fool out of himself anyways. He is getting little to no support because he's a moron. Jill Stein? What can anyone say but economic midget and whack job.

"No clue" is meaningless babble. As are "whiners" and "spamming" and "moronic" and "loons" -- hell 90% of that post.

No one said "there's no democracy". I said pfft in disgust and cap said it's a joke.

Chris
10-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Johnson if he goes after anyone will hit Trump.

He has been pretty soft on her. Nice public servant, he once said.

birddog
10-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Yes. They're on the ballot i every state. They were polling around 10%, in some cases high as 15%. But were kept out of the debate and that drained their chances.

Waaaa! Waaaa!

Johnson has some good ideas, but generally he's an idiot. Trump is the real leader we need at this time.

Chris
10-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Waaaa! Waaaa!

Johnson has some good ideas, but generally he's an idiot. Trump is the real leader we need at this time.

That was deep.

Chris
10-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Return to point out no one sent Weld the memo.

Bill Weld: Media Is Publishing “Made-up” Stories About Me (http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/05/bill-weld-media-is-publishing-made-up-st)

... in a follow-up interview with Reason this afternoon, Weld denied that he was pivoting, denied that he would be focusing "exclusively" on Trump, and denied that he was working on any political future outside the Libertarian Party.

"I said to the reporter that I plan to focus on Donald Trump, because I think his international proposals represent a grave threat," Weld told me, "but in the same breath I said that I'm not going to omit to make the points that Mrs. Clinton, if she were elected, runs the risk of spending and borrowing us into the poorhouse, and that I think her fiscal policies and her military policies are not at all in line with the approach that Gary Johnson and I will take if elected. So nothing is to the exclusion of anything else. I did convey to the Globe the idea that I would be emphasizing the respects in which I think Mr. Trump's international proposals are wrong-headed, but that's nothing new—I've been saying that since Day One."

Indeed he has. During Tuesday's vice presidential debate, Weld did not behave like someone who was no longer going to be criticizing Democrats, instead using his Twitter and Facebook to say stuff like this:

While unconvincing to those of us who have heard it before from Republicans, Gov. Pence presented a bit more fiscal restraint. But, he enthusiastically embraced a social agenda that makes most Americans uncomfortable.

Senator Kaine, on the other hand, rightly rejected the Trump social and immigration extremes, but is saddled with Ms. Clinton's spending and tax plans.

That left tens of millions of nonpartisan Americans without a comfortable voice on the stage, a voice they would otherwise hear, and have, if the debates were not limited to the partisan extremes.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Johnson if he goes after anyone will hit Trump.

Trump hasn't been in any administration being part of the decision making process which has screwed up so horribly. Johnson has no bone to pick with Trump, like he does Mrs.Clinton.

Tahuyaman
10-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Waaaa! Waaaa!

Gary Johnson was a fairly successful governor. You can't do that and still be an idiot. Also, idiots rarely have any good ideas at all.

AZ Jim
10-05-2016, 11:24 PM
That was deep.He always stacks it deep.:evil:

Chris
10-06-2016, 07:41 AM
And CNN, who probably reported this false story, had a segment on how media is losing the trust of the people. Surprise, surprise.