PDA

View Full Version : The Atlantic Endorses Hillary Clinton and Denounces Trump

debbietoo
10-06-2016, 06:28 AM
The Atlantic has endorsed only three presidential candidates in 159 years. Abraham Lincoln (1860) and Lyndon B. Johnson (1964) were the first two.

In its founding statement, The Atlantic promised that it would be “the organ of no party or clique,” and our interest here is not to advance the prospects of the Democratic Party, nor to damage those of the Republican Party. If Hillary Clinton were facing Mitt Romney, or John McCain, or George W. Bush, or, for that matter, any of the leading candidates Trump vanquished in the Republican primaries, we would not have contemplated making this endorsement. We believe in American democracy, in which individuals from various parties of different ideological stripes can advance their ideas and compete for the affection of voters. But Trump is not a man of ideas. He is a demagogue, a xenophobe, a sexist, a know-nothing, and a liar. He is spectacularly unfit for office, and voters—the statesmen and thinkers of the ballot box—should act in defense of American democracy and elect his opponent.

Source:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-case-for-hillary-clinton-and-against-donald-trump/501161/

decedent
10-06-2016, 06:34 AM
Another of many organizations outside of the establishment that finds Trump unfit for office.

Cigar
10-06-2016, 07:39 AM
They're not willing to Endorse a complete moron just because they have 30 years of hate for someone else.

God Bless America :laugh:

Bo-4
10-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Yeah - hopefully that one leaves a mark on Ol' Pumpkin Head ... OUCH!! :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpShAzMWgAABArN.jpg

nathanbforrest45
10-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Mutual masturbation is certainly fun to watch.

del
10-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Mutual masturbation is certainly fun to watch.

save it for your shrink, okay?

yuck

nic34
10-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Yeah - hopefully that one leaves a mark on Ol' Pumpkin Head ... OUCH!! :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpShAzMWgAABArN.jpg

Nice Hair! :laugh:

nathanbforrest45
10-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Yes, I certainly want to get my information from a magazine with a smaller circulation than the Limbaugh Letter. Gosh, without Hollywood Liberals and magazines with a readership numbering in the hundreds I have no idea who I should vote for.

birddog
10-06-2016, 11:34 AM
They are not fair or smart if they accept all of Hillary's lies and corruption, but cannot accept Trump's few imperfections. Hillary is easily ten times the liar Trump may be! Only a biased nincompoop would think other wise!

exploited
10-06-2016, 12:06 PM
They are not fair or smart if they accept all of Hillary's lies and corruption, but cannot accept Trump's few imperfections. Hillary is easily ten times the liar Trump may be! Only a biased nincompoop would think other wise!

Donald Trump has lied more over the course of six months than most career politicians do in their entire lives. Even Crooked Hillary is a paragon of honesty when compared to Trump.

birddog
10-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Donald Trump has lied more over the course of six months than most career politicians do in their entire lives. Even Crooked Hillary is a paragon of honesty when compared to Trump.

You and the truth are far apart! You have been poisoned by the democrat Kool-Aid! Yours is one of the most dishonest posts I have even seen by your ilk!:rollseyes:

exploited
10-06-2016, 01:24 PM
You and the truth are far apart! You have been poisoned by the democrat Kool-Aid! Yours is one of the most dishonest posts I have even seen by your ilk!:rollseyes:

I'm not a Democrat, but I'm also not a moron, so I would never vote for Trump, who is the single worst candidate for President in American history. Qualifications? None. Political experience? None. Level of political discourse? The lowest ever seen. Personal trustworthiness? Even less than Crooked Hillary. Ability to work with the opposite aisle? Zero. Ability to work on the same side of the aisle? Zero.

I have to admit that I do really enjoy seeing the GOP destroy itself, though.

Tahuyaman
10-06-2016, 02:14 PM
The Atlantic has endorsed only three presidential candidates in 159 years. Abraham Lincoln (1860) and Lyndon B. Johnson (1964) were the first two.

In its founding statement, The Atlantic promised that it would be “the organ of no party or clique,” and our interest here is not to advance the prospects of the Democratic Party, nor to damage those of the Republican Party. If Hillary Clinton were facing Mitt Romney, or John McCain, or George W. Bush, or, for that matter, any of the leading candidates Trump vanquished in the Republican primaries, we would not have contemplated making this endorsement. We believe in American democracy, in which individuals from various parties of different ideological stripes can advance their ideas and compete for the affection of voters. But Trump is not a man of ideas. He is a demagogue, a xenophobe, a sexist, a know-nothing, and a liar. He is spectacularly unfit for office, and voters—the statesmen and thinkers of the ballot box—should act in defense of American democracy and elect his opponent.

Source:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-case-for-hillary-clinton-and-against-donald-trump/501161/

Unsurprising news is big news to some.

Bethere
10-06-2016, 09:44 PM
I have to admit that I do really enjoy seeing the GOP destroy itself, though.

Me, too!