PDA

View Full Version : I finally agree with our GOPER Senator from AZ

nic34
10-06-2016, 02:34 PM
GOP Senator: 'Nobody Really Believes' That Next Prez Should Get SCOTUS Pick

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) made admissions that could be awkward for his Republican Senate colleagues trying to block President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court.

In an interview published Monday, Flake conceded that nobody in the Republican Party "really believes" that late Justice Antonin Scalia's Supreme Court seat should be left for the next president to fill.

As proof, he flipped the scenario around and envisioned a Republican president currently in the White House and nearing the end of his term.

"Our position shouldn’t be that the next president ought to decide. Nobody really believes that, because if this were the last year of a Republican presidency nobody would say that," Flake told the Daily Beast.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeff-flake-merrill-garland-supreme-court

pjohns
10-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Our position shouldn’t be that the next president ought to decide. Nobody really believes that, because if this were the last year of a Republican presidency nobody would say that.

I really do not believe that it is a matter of neutral principle that "the next president ought to decide" who to appoint to the Supreme Court.

Rather, I believe that Republican lawmakers hope (as I do, also) that the next president will be a Republican; and that he will, therefore, appoint someone considerably to the right of Merrick Garland--and much more like the late Antonin Scalia...

maineman
10-06-2016, 05:27 PM
I hope Hillary, with 50 democratic senators and Tim Kaine casting the deciding vote, nominates Barack Obama to fill Scalia's seat and just JAMS their silly political gamesmanship attempt deep deep deep up the GOP's ass.

Tahuyaman
10-06-2016, 07:10 PM
I hope Hillary, with 50 democratic senators and Tim Kaine casting the deciding vote, nominates Barack Obama to fill Scalia's seat and just JAMS their silly political gamesmanship attempt deep deep deep up the GOP's ass.

Actually, I too hope she tries that.

I would like it to be on the record to see who believes in trampling on the US Constitution for the sake of partisanship.

maineman
10-06-2016, 11:03 PM

I would like it to be on the record to see who believes in trampling on the US Constitution for the sake of partisanship.

I certainly don't believe anything of the kind. I think that Obama would be a wonderful SCOTUS justice. The precedent has been set for presidents to move to the Supreme Court.

Tahuyaman
10-06-2016, 11:09 PM
I certainly don't believe anything of the kind. I think that Obama would be a wonderful SCOTUS justice. The precedent has been set for presidents to move to the Supreme Court.

Obama has trampled on the US constitution. He would be a horrible Justice.

maineman
10-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Obama has trampled on the US constitution. He would be a horrible Justice.

that's your opinion. Don't be offended that everybody else doesn't share it.

AeonPax
10-06-2016, 11:45 PM
`
`
Obama on SCOTUS? LOL - Symposium: Barack Obama is not king (http://www.scotusblog.com/2016/02/symposium-barack-obama-is-not-king/)

Don
10-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Jeff Flake has proven to be a real disappointment. He posed as a conservative to get elected and then almost immediately turned out to be a clone of John McCain. We're working hard to make this term his last. The guys definitely a flake.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 08:16 AM
that's your opinion. Don't be offended that everybody else doesn't share it.

many do share that opinion.

I don't care if a justice holds liberal views. I just want them to have respect for the constitution. Obama has demonstrated that he respects nothing but his own power and authority.

Standing Wolf
10-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Obama has stated that he has no designs on a Supreme Court seat, and he seems to mean it.

I give Flake points for honesty. Working hard to give him a Democratic Senate colleague next month.

maineman
10-07-2016, 08:49 AM
many do share that opinion.

I don't care if a justice holds liberal views. I just want them to have respect for the constitution. Obama has demonstrated that he respects nothing but his own power and authority.

"many" as is my beer buddies down at the Legion Hall? Can you quantify it? It would seem that Obama's approval rating rivals Reagan's at this point in his term... it's hard to imagine Americans showing the touch admiration for Obama if he actually DID trample the constitution as you and your pals seem to think.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 09:03 AM
"many" as is my beer buddies down at the Legion Hall? Can you quantify it? It would seem that Obama's approval rating rivals Reagan's at this point in his term... it's hard to imagine Americans showing the touch admiration for Obama if he actually DID trample the constitution as you and your pals seem to think.

youre such an ass a reasonable disussion is impossible.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Obama has stated that he has no designs on a Supreme Court seat, and he seems to mean it.

I give Flake points for honesty. Working hard to give him a Democratic Senate colleague next month.

I believe Obama has designs on anything which gives him power. However, I don't believe that he has the intellect to be a Supreme Court justice. He would be exposed as being an empty suit and he knows it.

Cigar
10-07-2016, 09:11 AM

You care about the Constitution but don't care that a Sitting President get's the opportunity to appoint Judges? :huh:

So then you wouldn't have an issue if the same thing happen to a GOP President?

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 09:14 AM
I really do not believe that it is a matter of neutral principle that "the next president ought to decide" who to appoint to the Supreme Court.

Rather, I believe that Republican lawmakers hope (as I do, also) that the next president will be a Republican; and that he will, therefore, appoint someone considerably to the right of Merrick Garland--and much more like the late Antonin Scalia...

First, the next president is not going to be a Republican so people need to accept that now.

Second, I think Hillary Climton is more adept in politics than our current president. She is obviously going to nominate a liberal to the court, but she's much more likely to select someone more friendly to constructional principles than Obama. She understands how the political process really works.

Trump may very well select people more conservative, but they they would not be his choices. They'd be the selections of someone else. Trump has no understanding of the court's place in governing process.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 09:18 AM
You care about the Constitution but don't care that a Sitting President get's the opportunity to appoint Judges? :huh:

So then you wouldn't have an issue if the same thing happen to a GOP President?

Our current president is an enemy of the US Constitution.

If a Republican president shows contempt for the constitution, I'd have no issue with blocking his appointments.

Its not a partisan thing. It is for you though...... When it isn't about race.

Cigar
10-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Our current president is an enemy of the US Constitution.

If a Republican president shows contempt for the constitution, I'd have no issue with blocking his appointments.

Its not a partisan thing. It is for you though...... When it isn't about race.

:rollseyes: Alrighty then ,,, a Harvard Law Professor knows nothing about the Constitution :rollseyes: ...

maineman
10-07-2016, 09:33 AM

what does "many" mean? Do you have any empirical data that would show that a majority of Americans believe that President Obama has "trampled on the Constitution"? You just throw shit out there like that and can NEVER back your opinions up with anything other than more opinions or condescending whining when questioned on them.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 09:54 AM
:rollseyes: Alrighty then ,,, a Harvard Law Professor knows nothing about the Constitution :rollseyes: ...

Really? He was not a professor at the Harvard law school.

He attended Harvard law. He worked as a lawyer and never tried one case.

Get your facts straight.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 09:55 AM
what does "many" mean? Do you have any empirical data that would show that a majority of Americans believe that President Obama has "trampled on the Constitution"? You just throw $#@! out there like that and can NEVER back your opinions up with anything other than more opinions or condescending whining when questioned on them.

Ill engage you in a discussion once you learn how to communicate without being an ass.

maineman
10-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Ill engage you in a discussion once you learn how to communicate without being an ass.

so.... nothing but your opinions.... you have no data that would show any significant percentage of Americans agree with you about Obama trampling the constitution??? why didn't you just say so?

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Most liberals continually prove that the only time they respect the views or opinions of the minority is when they are the minority.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove.

Clearly, a lot of people don't agree with maineman

maineman
10-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Most liberals continually prove that the only time they respect the views or opinions of the minority is when they are the minority.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Clearly, a lot of people don't agree with maineman

I prefer to use RealClearPolitics rather than looking for a poll that supports my position. Clearly, you don't.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 11:13 AM
I prefer to use RealClearPolitics rather than looking for a poll that supports my position. Clearly, you don't.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

of course, you only respect views which mesh with yours. That's been established.

Still even in your poll, many people disagree with your view.

AZ Jim
10-07-2016, 11:14 AM

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) made admissions that could be awkward for his Republican Senate colleagues trying to block President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court.

In an interview published Monday, Flake conceded that nobody in the Republican Party "really believes" that late Justice Antonin Scalia's Supreme Court seat should be left for the next president to fill.

As proof, he flipped the scenario around and envisioned a Republican president currently in the White House and nearing the end of his term.

"Our position shouldn’t be that the next president ought to decide. Nobody really believes that, because if this were the last year of a Republican presidency nobody would say that," Flake told the Daily Beast.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeff-flake-merrill-garland-supreme-courtOf our two Senators he's the only one I can tolerate. I despise McCain who has spent 33years living off his capture in Vietnam.

Peter1469
10-07-2016, 12:26 PM

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

maineman
10-07-2016, 01:04 PM
of course, you only respect views which mesh with yours. That's been established.

Still even in your poll, many people disagree with your view.

do you understand that RCP isn't a poll, but an averaging of many polls?

or is that just too hard to wrap your widdle brain around?

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 01:27 PM
do you understand that RCP isn't a poll, but an averaging of many polls?

or is that just too hard to wrap your widdle brain around?

How does that dispute my comment that you only respect the views which mesh with yours or that you only respect the views of the minority when you are amongst that minority?

maineman
10-07-2016, 07:36 PM
How does that dispute my comment that you only respect the views which mesh with yours or that you only respect the views of the minority when you are amongst that minority?

As I said earlier... I don't disrespect any views. I may disagree, but not summarily disrespect. You are the lying sack of shit that claimed that I cherry picked a poll to suit my purposes when I NEVER did that and YOU and the one who does not have the grace or the maturity to admit that. Grow the fuck up, you immature excuse for a veteran. You disgust me.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 08:01 PM
As I said earlier... I don't disrespect any views. I may disagree, but not summarily disrespect. You are the lying sack of $#@! that claimed that I cherry picked a poll to suit my purposes when I NEVER did that and YOU and the one who does not have the grace or the maturity to admit that. Grow the $#@! up, you immature excuse for a veteran. You disgust me.

Lol....... You might want to have a drink and relax.

maineman
10-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Lol....... You might want to have a drink and relax.

I'm just gonna go to bed and dream about Donald on the bus talking about grabbing all that pussy.

I'll have sweet dreams.... Hillary will be the next president, the senate will be democratic... SCOTUS is safe.... all's right with the world.

g'nite you fucking loser.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Tick tick tick tick.......

maineman
10-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Did you ever find that post of mine where I supposedly cherry picked a poll?

Of course you didn't... Because it was a LIE, you spineless weasel.

maineman
10-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Of COURSE you didn't! Color me sixteen shades of surprised.

Now crawl back under that rock where you belong.... sarge.

maineman
10-07-2016, 09:18 PM
:::::crickets chirping:::::

maineman
10-07-2016, 09:55 PM
True to form, Tahuyaman doesn't own up to his mistakes, or crawl under the rock where he came from, he just abandons the thread as if nothing ever happened.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 10:31 PM
You said that you were going to sleep and dream about Donald Trump.

Dr. Who
10-07-2016, 10:36 PM

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeff-flake-merrill-garland-supreme-court
Wouldn't it be better that the next justice be non-partisan and be guided by the law, rather than politics? Politics and law make poor bedfellows.

maineman
10-07-2016, 10:49 PM
You said that you were going to sleep and dream about Donald Trump.

my wife woke up and read the Trump article and now we've got to sit up, have a cocktail, and gloat. Meanwhile...I am still waiting for you to show me this poll you claim I cherry picked..... either that, or be a man and admit you were wrong.

Tahuyaman
10-07-2016, 11:03 PM
You cherry pick polls and you respect only the ideas which mesh with your views. You have no ability to form an independent thought. That's about it.

maineman
10-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Liar. Show one time when I have cherry picked a poll.

You really are completely devoid of any semblance of integrity.

Tahuyaman
10-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Liar. Show one time when I have cherry picked a poll.

You really are completely devoid of any semblance of integrity.

You are devoid, period.

maineman
10-08-2016, 02:27 PM
you can't do it. you make a bullshit statement and then you cannot EVER back it up.

wow.

just wow.

MisterVeritis
10-08-2016, 02:29 PM
you can't do it. you make a bull$#@! statement and then you cannot EVER back it up.
wow.
just wow.
Tay tells me I am disagreeable. :grin:

Tahuyaman
10-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Tay tells me I am disagreeable. :grin:
You and maineman are soulmates.

PeoplePower
10-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Hillary's going to lose.
All the people she's killed and everything will lead up to naught.
Then somebody she was beholden to will assassinate her.After she loses.
Probably in the form of her plane going down.That would be fitting.

MisterVeritis
10-08-2016, 06:40 PM
You and maineman are soulmates.
LOL. Hardly. We cannot stand one another. But is is also easy to dislike you.

Tahuyaman
10-08-2016, 08:33 PM
LOL. Hardly. We cannot stand one another. But is is also easy to dislike you.

Thats because you two are so much alike.

maineman
10-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Thats because you two are so much alike.

you still cannot show the dignity to either back up your assertions or retract them. that's a fact. I have NEVER cherry picked any poll. Ever. For you to say so is a lie. A blatant lie from a classless poor excuse for a veteran. I understand how you always did just enough to get by. That clearly was a winning strategy in our Army. In MY Navy, I would have sent you home packing minus a stripe or two, you gutless piece of shit.

Tahuyaman
10-09-2016, 01:54 AM
Good gawd.....

My Huskies laid 70 points on Oregon tonight. I don't give a suit what you say.

PeoplePower
10-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Good gawd.....

My Huskies laid 70 points on Oregon tonight. I don't give a suit what you say.

Get you some of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu8dBv-kiLM

nic34
10-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Jeff Flake has proven to be a real disappointment. He posed as a conservative to get elected and then almost immediately turned out to be a clone of John McCain. We're working hard to make this term his last. The guys definitely a flake.

Keep "WORKING" at it, I'm sure you'll find a GOPer partisan somewhere in AZ......

BUT it's good to know that not everyone believes congress works best in gridlock.