PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton on a public position versus a private position

pjohns
10-08-2016, 05:10 PM
"But if everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position."--Hillary Clinton

Understandably, perhaps, these words got lost in the reporting yesterday, what with Donald Trump's vulgar and outrageous comments, as concerning women.

But they should not be overlooked.

What Hillary Clinton is basically saying is that she has no core values, and is perfectly content to be a mere hypocrite--spouting one set of values, while having go fealty whatsoever to them.

In any other election year, this would surely be a game-changer.

But her opponent, of course, is Donald Trump; and he has only aggravated his (already) enormous gender gap, what with the release of his 2005 comments.

Personally, I could never vote for someone who is an obvious hypocrite, with no core values--whomever his or her opponent might be...

hanger4
10-08-2016, 05:17 PM
It's most definitely the reason Trump's words are headlined. Considering Hillary has done her fair share of smearing women I believe it's a concerted effort to distract from her partial leaked speeches.

MisterVeritis
10-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Clinton has all of the media on her side. Despite that and hundreds of millions of dollars spent on negative advertising Trump, at least as of last night, was tied with Clinton.

Let's see what happens in the debate.

exploited
10-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Do you disagree with her?

She is right you know. There is what you want to do, and what you can do, and they are very different things. When getting elected, you tell people what you want to do. When in office, you go about doing what you can.

MisterVeritis
10-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Do you disagree with her?

She is right you know. There is what you want to do, and what you can do, and they are very different things. When getting elected, you tell people what you want to do. When in office, you go about doing what you can.
She is a liar. She sells access to banks and tells the voters she will reign in the banks. She sells her position for cash. She is the most expensive call girl in history.

exploited
10-08-2016, 08:37 PM
h.She is a liar. She sells access to banks and tells the voters she will reign in the banks. She sells her position for cash. She is the most expensive call girl in history.

Oh, I agree. But I haven't seen anything in these leaks that is really damning to me. In fact, I found them to be pretty level-headed speeches all around.

MisterVeritis
10-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Oh, I agree. But I haven't seen anything in these leaks that is really damning to me. In fact, I found them to be pretty level-headed speeches all around.
This does not surprise me.

exploited
10-08-2016, 08:39 PM
This does not surprise me.

It surprises me. I was fully expecting her to start thrashing the progressive movement. She did a tiny little bit but nothing outrageous at all.

MisterVeritis
10-08-2016, 09:02 PM
It surprises me. I was fully expecting her to start thrashing the progressive movement. She did a tiny little bit but nothing outrageous at all.
I suppose this will unfold day by day.

PeoplePower
10-09-2016, 02:07 AM
I disagree with her wholeheartedly.
Why?I'm an American baby.
Through and through.
My people been in America since before it was.Believe that.

exploited
10-09-2016, 02:46 AM
I suppose this will unfold day by day.

I'm conflicted about the possibility, to be honest. The reason is that I think your boy Trump is a goddamn idiot, but nonetheless I'd love to see the Clinton's finally get nailed with something.

I've never seen a Presidential election so ripe for nuclear weapons.

Peter1469
10-09-2016, 06:23 AM
These emails verify why her trustworthiness numbers are so low. She isn't trustworthy.

pjohns
10-10-2016, 06:19 PM
These emails verify why her trustworthiness numbers are so low. She isn't trustworthy.

Sadly, neither candidate seems to do well here. (The latest poll that I saw showed Hillary Clinton with only 33 percent saying that she is honest and trustworthy; whereas just 36 percent--only marginally more--said that Donald Trump is honest and trustworthy.)