PDA

View Full Version : tPF Sanders supporters seethe over Clinton's leaked remarks to Wall St.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 05:42 AM
Sanders supporters seethe over Clinton's leaked remarks to Wall St (https://www.yahoo.com/news/sanders-supporters-seethe-over-clintons-leaked-remarks-wall-225213392.html).

Bernie voters are furious over Hillary's position on Wall Street. She will tell the people one thing while telling the elite in private that she is for them and against the people.

They have every right to be furious.

Supporters of former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders on Saturday expressed anger and vindication over leaked comments made by Hillary Clinton to banks and big business that appeared to confirm their fears about her support for global trade and tendency to cozy up to Wall Street.

Clinton, who needs Sanders' coalition of young and left-leaning voters to propel her to the presidency, pushes for open trade and open borders in one of the speeches, and takes a conciliatory approach to Wall Street, both positions she later backed away from in an effort to capture the popular appeal of Sanders' attacks on trade deals and powerful banks.

The excerpts of remarks by the former secretary of state, made in 2013 and 2014 in closed-door meetings where audiences paid to attend, were published online on Friday by WikiLeaks, which sourced them to the email account of John Podesta, Clinton's campaign chairman.

donttread
10-10-2016, 05:51 AM
Sanders supporters seethe over Clinton's leaked remarks to Wall St (https://www.yahoo.com/news/sanders-supporters-seethe-over-clintons-leaked-remarks-wall-225213392.html).

Bernie voters are furious over Hillary's position on Wall Street. She will tell the people one thing while telling the elite in private that she is for them and against the people.

They have every right to be furious.

No mainstream politician will do much that doesn't please the Wall Street megacorps. So the all voters should assume that Hilary's pulic talk o the topic is pure fiction.

Bernie should break out that old country song "She got the gold mine and I got the shaft" But Bernie sold out in the end and bought a nice new vacation home around the same time.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 06:09 AM
Bernie turned out to be a fraud. But his followers get it.

donttread
10-10-2016, 06:20 AM

Yes, thanks Peter . I should of acknowledged that his followers are for real even if he isn't. In four years maybe they'll be just as anti mainstream but a little more fiscally conservative and they can help us take the donkephant down !

Cigar
10-10-2016, 07:48 AM

... are you a Bernie supporter or do you just know how to read their minds? :laugh:

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 07:50 AM
... are you a Bernie supporter or do you just know how to read their minds? :laugh:

yes

exploited
10-10-2016, 10:05 AM
I am a longtime Sanders supporter and I'm not really mad about those speeches at all. I honestly expected way worse.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Nice save.

Crepitus
10-10-2016, 10:15 AM
Bernie is not, was not a fraud. Am I happy he endowed clinton in the end? No. But that may be the difference between something and nothing as far as his agenda goes so I understand it.

As far as the wikileaks junk? Who ever heard of a politician who said different things to different people depending on who he/she is talking to? I mean really!

Besides, as someone mentioned above, it's not as bad as I would have thought even if it's true.

exploited
10-10-2016, 10:26 AM
Nice save.

Really though, the idea of a public and private position doesn't offend me at all. When you run, you talk about your hopes and dreams, and then when you get into office, you do what you can within the limits set by others.

Part of that means changing the message to reflect the values of the audience. For instance, I've never run for office, but I am politically active in my town. When I was advocating for a public-private venture to get fiber optic internet in town, I emphasized certain benefits to some people and certain benefits to others. When talking to business people, I spoke about it as a boon for business. When talking to little old ladies, I talked about how it would provide more opportunities for their kids. All of it was true, but I was deliberately crafting the message to appeal to what individuals valued. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Cigar
10-10-2016, 10:28 AM
I am a longtime Sanders supporter and I'm not really mad about those speeches at all. I honestly expected way worse.

She was a paid citizen spokesperson who doesn't make policy.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Incorrect. Bernie supporting Clinton makes Bernie a fraud. 100%.

Bernie is not, was not a fraud. Am I happy he endowed clinton in the end? No. But that may be the difference between something and nothing as far as his agenda goes so I understand it.

As far as the wikileaks junk? Who ever heard of a politician who said different things to different people depending on who he/she is talking to? I mean really!

Besides, as someone mentioned above, it's not as bad as I would have thought even if it's true.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Really though, the idea of a public and private position doesn't offend me at all. When you run, you talk about your hopes and dreams, and then when you get into office, you do what you can within the limits set by others.

Part of that means changing the message to reflect the values of the audience. For instance, I've never run for office, but I am politically active in my town. When I was advocating for a public-private venture to get fiber optic internet in town, I emphasized certain benefits to some people and certain benefits to others. When talking to business people, I spoke about it as a boon for business. When talking to little old ladies, I talked about how it would provide more opportunities for their kids. All of it was true, but I was deliberately crafting the message to appeal to what individuals valued. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I understand the sheep like it.

Americans should be offended.

Plus she wants to kill our culture and eliminate our borders.

AZ Jim
10-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Peter is, of course, here to support *choke cough cough* his candidate Gary (where's Aleppo) Johnson. Of course he may take a slightly circuitous route.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Peter is, of course, here to support *choke cough cough* his candidate Gary (where's Aleppo) Johnson. Of course he may take a slightly circuitous route.

Gary is a libertarian. His focus is to clean up the mess inside our house. That he doesn't know what Aleppo is in not important.

Kit up and go clean up Aleppo yourself.

AZ Jim
10-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Gary is a libertarian. His focus is to clean up the mess inside our house. That he doesn't know what Aleppo is in not important.

Kit up and go clean up Aleppo yourself. @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10)Deflect, divert. Peter denies he is a Trump fan. What a crock!!!! TB fully expected!!

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 12:54 PM
@Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10)Deflect, divert. Peter denies he is a Trump fan. What a crock!!!!

You can't tell me who I support.

That is kind of creepy, don't you think.

AZ Jim
10-10-2016, 12:56 PM
You can't tell me who I support.

That is kind of creepy, don't you think.We all know your face is in Trumps ass! Take a poll?

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 12:57 PM
We all know your face is in Trumps ass! Take a poll?

Stranger danger

I have an elderly man stalking me. It is creepy.

:shocked:

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Vote 3rd party.

AZ Jim
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Stranger danger

:shocked: Elderly and superior. Dismissed Pleb.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Elderly and superior. Dismissed Pleb.

I out rank you oldster. Stand at ease.

AZ Jim
10-10-2016, 01:48 PM
I out rank you oldster. Stand at ease.Actually I believe my superiority comes from my tenure on earth and intelligence edge!

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Actually I believe my superiority comes from my tenure on earth and intelligence edge!

You would be in error.

del
10-10-2016, 02:26 PM
I out rank you oldster. Stand at ease.

Actually I believe my superiority comes from my tenure on earth and intelligence edge!

as you were

exploited
10-10-2016, 02:28 PM
I understand the sheep like it.

Americans should be offended.

Plus she wants to kill our culture and eliminate our borders.

Why should they be offended?

Smart messaging is crucial for political success. Always has been, and always will be.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Why should they be offended?

Smart messaging is crucial for political success. Always has been, and always will be.

Americans disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 02:32 PM
as you were

Tell him Navy.

exploited
10-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Americans disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Your God complex is showing.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Your God complex is showing.

Your welcome.

donttread
10-10-2016, 07:20 PM

He reads news reports not approved by the DNC. But I imagine if you have your way that will soon be illegal.

Bethere
10-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Your welcome.

"You're. "

ripmeister
10-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Stranger danger

:shocked:

now you know how Trumps victims felt
:grin:

ripmeister
10-10-2016, 07:56 PM
I can't remember which but Politifact or factcheck have a promises kept metric fo the POTUS that speaks to precisely this.

The Xl
10-10-2016, 08:01 PM
She lies to the moronic plebs who buy anything she sells. She's openly bribed by Goldman Sachs for God's sake.