PDA

View Full Version : I think it's dumb and disrespectful

Ransom
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
"I think it's really dumb of them," Ginsburg said. "Would I arrest them for doing it? No. I think it's dumb and disrespectful. I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it's a terrible thing to do, but I wouldn't lock a person up for doing it.
"I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act. But it's dangerous to arrest people for conduct that doesn't jeopardize the health or well-being of other people. It's a symbol they're engaged in."

RBG.....calling dumb just plain dumb.

I would add ignorant and stupid, but dumb and disrespectful says enough. I agree with RGB.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/17763208/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-justice-says-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests-really-dumb

Cigar
10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
What's Ignorant and Dumb is doing it, just because everyone else is doing it. :huh:

I have the exact same experience at a Football Game, with or with out everyone pledging their allegiance to a Flag, then cursing and screaming obscenities at their fellow Americans afterwards.

Where is it documented that I have to do this?

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Read some scholarly work on foreign policy so you can discuss the topic- don't chew on the covers.

Cigar
10-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Read some scholarly work on foreign policy so you can discuss the topic- don't chew on the covers.

How many times did you pledge allegiance this weekend?

There were a lot of Games :laugh:

Did anyone miss you?

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 03:08 PM
How many times did you pledge allegiance this weekend?

There were a lot of Games :laugh:

Did anyone miss you?

I just look in the mirror and salute.

Cigar
10-10-2016, 03:10 PM
I just look in the mirror and salute.

Careful, the toilet seat my fall :laugh:

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Careful, the toilet seat my fall :laugh:

Actually my bathroom is very large. That wasn't meant to be a pun.

Bo-4
10-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Yep - she's badass. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtMQKmkD2XU

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 03:14 PM
That actually isn't very good. Tina Fey and the Baldwin boy were good. This one is not.

Tahuyaman
10-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Yep - she's badass. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtMQKmkD2XU

Thatvis is not quality humor.

exotix
10-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Read some scholarly work on foreign policy so you can discuss the topic- don't chew on the covers.Ask 'em for his Debt Clock ...

Ransom
10-11-2016, 06:09 AM
She's the perfect spokesperson for those offended at Kaepernick. She's cannot today in the light of current idiocy be labeled a racist or hater or any of the favorite liberal tactic words. RGB....is a fierce liberal. She's farther left than anyone sitting on the court. Was the one that spoke out on Donald Trump during a Presidential campaign....and the Left cheered that nonsense while she walked the comments back...understanding she should not have spoken out loud. She's been a hero to the Left and uber liberal simpletons.

So she won't be attacked personally....all that is left is to discuss her comments. She's right....and people should explain that to football players, soccer players, college and high school students....it's dumb. She's an outspoken Justice, I have a feeling this will be ignored.....but it allows those in opposition a flag to fly. I agree with RGB. Certainly, like her.....I can be looking at this without racial, ethnic, or gender bias, I too can watch these idiots kneel for an anthem they know little about...and call them out on it. Or stop attending their games or spending money on their products.

Ruth in her own big mouth methods has done all of us who think Kaepernick is a f'n idiot a great service.

Ransom
10-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Said how ridiculous it was that people knelt. Ruth.....much like a blind squirrel.....does find a nut every once in a great while.

FindersKeepers
10-11-2016, 06:31 AM
She's the perfect spokesperson for those offended at Kaepernick. She's cannot today in the light of current idiocy be labeled a racist or hater or any of the favorite liberal tactic words. RGB....is a fierce liberal. She's farther left than anyone sitting on the court. Was the one that spoke out on Donald Trump during a Presidential campaign....and the Left cheered that nonsense while she walked the comments back...understanding she should not have spoken out loud. She's been a hero to the Left and uber liberal simpletons.

So she won't be attacked personally....all that is left is to discuss her comments. She's right....and people should explain that to football players, soccer players, college and high school students....it's dumb. She's an outspoken Justice, I have a feeling this will be ignored.....but it allows those in opposition a flag to fly. I agree with RGB. Certainly, like her.....I can be looking at this without racial, ethnic, or gender bias, I too can watch these idiots kneel for an anthem they know little about...and call them out on it. Or stop attending their games or spending money on their products.

Ruth in her own big mouth methods has done all of us who think Kaepernick is a f'n idiot a great service.

Ruth is of the "old liberal" school, which is diametrically opposed to the agenda pushed by today's fascist-leaning "progressives" who seek to destroy the foundation of our nation.

Standing Wolf
10-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Ruth is of the "old liberal" school, which is diametrically opposed to the agenda pushed by today's fascist-leaning "progressives" who seek to destroy the foundation of our nation.

Ask a hundred self-styled "conservatives" about what, exactly, constitutes "the foundation of our nation" and you will get back many different answers. What changes in the law, whether proposed or realized, do you, personally, see as threatening "the foundation of our nation"?

FindersKeepers
10-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Ask a hundred self-styled "conservatives" about what, exactly, constitutes "the foundation of our nation" and you will get back many different answers. What changes in the law, whether proposed or realized, do you, personally, see as threatening "the foundation of our nation"?

I see the "foundation of our nation" as being one that, from the outset, was built upon the notion that citizens had natural rights that the government would ensure, but would leave the individuals, themselves, to make the bulk of choices and decisions for living their lives.

Progressives, on the other hand, strive for larger and larger government, and, with each new regulation, a little bit more freedom is lost. Whereas the Founders implemented a government whereby citizens were free to pursue happiness as they saw fit, progressives want government to equalize life experiences for everyone, employing practices such as wealth distribution, quotas and even punishment of those who voice opposing opinions. Progressives push for government control of all economic outcomes.

It used to be that those persons who accomplished great things in society were awarded recognition for their accomplishments, for their strength. That's all changed. Statues of Founders, domestic leaders and even Gandhi have been taken down because progressives found a small part of them to have been "flawed." As if progressives are the innocents casting stones...

The old liberals didn't care if students carried rifles in gun racks in the back of their pickups, yet, under the influence of the newer, kinder progressiveness, all a student need do today to get suspended is to chew her chicken nugget in the shape of a pistol. How can we possibly say that an undermining of our nation's original values is not occurring? I babysat all day during the summer when I was twelve. Today, if a parent leaves a 12-year-old alone more than a couple of hours, that parent could face charges.

The "old liberals" also sought limited government and reduced intervention in their private lives. For that reason, alone, they were far different from the new batch of liberals and progressives. The old liberals admirably wanted equality for both sexes and wanted the government to stay out of their bedrooms and leave them alone if they chose to pick a weed and stick it in their mouths.

I could go on for pages and pages, but I won't. Suffice it to say that progressives, in nearly everything they touch, have reduced our freedom of choice.

Personally, I think we've topped the summit. I don't think there is a way back from here. The damage is done. We're on the downhill side now.