PDA

View Full Version : Hillary opens up double digit lead in national polls...

JDubya
10-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Hillary (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2016-10-10/hillary-clinton-leads-trump-by-11-points-in-nbc-wsj-poll) Clinton's Lead Grows In Post-Video Poll (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2016-10-10/hillary-clinton-leads-trump-by-11-points-in-nbc-wsj-poll)

A new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday shows Democratic Hillary Clinton with an 11-point lead over Republican Donald Trump in their race for president, one of the first tangible signs of the damage inflicted on his campaign by the release Friday of a lewd 2005 video.

Clinton had the support of 46 percent of likely voters, up three percentage points, in a race that also included two third-party candidates, while the former reality television star and real estate investor had 35 percent. In a two-way match-up, Clinton had a 14-point edge, 52 percent to 38 percent.

The poll was taken Saturday and Sunday, before the two clashed during Sunday night's debate.

Poll: Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 14 points nationally (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-hillary-clinton-leads-donald-trump-by-14-points-nationally/)

Hillary Clinton has opened up a 14-percentage-point lead against Donald Trump nationally, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday.

The survey found that in a two-way race between the two nominees, Clinton leads Trump 52 percent to 38 percent, up from a 7-percentage-point lead last month.

In a four-way race involving third-party candidates, Clinton leads Trump by 11 percentage points -- 46 percent to 35 percent, up from Clinton’s 6-percentage-point lead in last month’s poll.

A majority of voters, 52 percent, said the videotape of Trump making lewd comments about women in 2005 that surfaced Friday should be an issue in the campaign while 42 percent said it shouldn’t be an issue.

Fourteen percent said the videotapes should prompt House and Senate Republicans to call on Trump to drop out of the presidential race and 9 percent said those Republicans should drop their endorsements of Trump.

On the question of congressional preference, Democrats have a 7-percentage-point lead -- 49 percent to 42 percent. According to NBC, that’s the Democrats’ biggest advantage since the same question was posed in Oct. 2013, amid the 16-day government shutdown.

The poll comes out on the heels of a House Republican Conference call Monday morning in which Speaker Paul Ryan told his members that he won’t defend Trump anymore and won’t campaign with him and will focus over the next 30 days on keeping the House majority, according to a Republican on the conference call.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) is convening a separate conference call Monday, according to Politico.

Since the 11-year-old video of Trump surfaced Friday, 29 Republicans have called for Trump to drop out of the presidential race and 44 Republicans have condemned his remarks, according to a running count by CBS News.

The poll surveyed 500 registered voters between Oct. 8 and 9 with a margin of error of 4.4 percentage points and 4.6 percentage points for all likely voters.

Mark III
10-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Word is Trump is up for scorched earth policy.

MisterVeritis
10-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Word is Trump is up for scorched earth policy.
In a perverse way, I hope she wins and does exactly what she says she intends.

But if I believed that I would be guilty of an enormous hate crime.

TrueBlue
10-10-2016, 09:23 PM
That just goes to show that intimidation tactics such as the ones used at the debate by Trump and looking menacing over Hillary Clinton does not sit well with most Americans! That is not presidential and threats aren't either and he is now paying the price for having chosen to go that route. Watch for more fallout in days and weeks to come!

Green Arrow
10-10-2016, 09:28 PM
And yet, amazingly, she still can't top 50%.

Mark III
10-10-2016, 09:47 PM
And yet, amazingly, she still can't top 50%.

If Trump is stuck on 40, she will get 50 on election day unless Johnson and Stein pull 11 or more on Nov 8.

I guess it is an interesting subplot.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 10:13 PM
The polls will normalize inside the week.

JDubya
10-10-2016, 11:14 PM
The polls will normalize inside the week.

The word is that there are more and even worse videos out there just waiting to be released.

http://www.ranzba.com/Smileys/fingers crossed.gif

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Ummmmm........ these poll results were from BEFORE the pu$$y grabbin' comments were made public.

The post pu$$y grabbin' poll numbers are not out yet.

And the word is that there are more and even worse videos out there just waiting to be released.

http://www.ranzba.com/Smileys/fingers crossed.gif

You sheep can't remember yesterday.

The polls will normalize.

JDubya
10-10-2016, 11:19 PM

She was beating him by 5 or 6 points before the video.

In a Presidential race in October, that is a huge lead.

So, even if the polls "normalize" as you said, she'll still be kicking his ass.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 11:33 PM
She was beating him by 5 or 6 points before the video.

In a Presidential race in October, that is a huge lead.

So, even if the polls "normalize" as you said, she'll still be kicking his ass.

Sheep

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-2li66fmTOv4%2FUDXNKSwTEqI%2FAAAAAAAAOy8%2F6tO8x4Lj Ywk%2Fs1600%2FSheep5.jpg&f=1

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 11:33 PM
The sheep will pull (D) or (R) with zero intelligent thought.

exploited
10-10-2016, 11:40 PM

You know, for a long time, I've told others that you are a Gary Johnson Fan, and that you don't support Trump.

I'm beginning to believe otherwise.

The Xl
10-10-2016, 11:44 PM
The media is openly against Trump. Why do these polls have credibility again? They're openly biased.

Peter1469
10-10-2016, 11:46 PM
You know, for a long time, I've told others that you are a Gary Johnson Fan, and that you don't support Trump.

I'm beginning to believe otherwise.

So.

I have voted third party since 2006. I am not sure what you have to do with that.

exploited
10-10-2016, 11:47 PM
The media is openly against Trump. Why do these polls have credibility again? They're openly biased.

Go ahead and tell me why you think they are biased. Be very specific - and not just because you disagree with the outcome. If you are unfamiliar with this process, this is how it is done: pick a poll you suspect of bias. Examine the methodology and questions. Analyze them against prevailing demographic trends, and account for the implicit bias in each question.

I'll wait.

exploited
10-10-2016, 11:47 PM
So.

I have voted third party since 2006. I am not sure what you have to do with that.

Alright, good enough for me. Thanks.

Just AnotherPerson
10-11-2016, 01:12 AM
I am not a Trump supporter but really why have they not showed us his crowds, but they show Hillary's. Why are they censoring us. What is really going on? That is the part that bothers me the most. They allow Hill to talk over her time, and constantly interrupt Trump, and give him the worst questions. that is what is really starting to bother me. They are doing it right out in the open. I am not for this unfairness. Where the hell has democracy gone. Rome is falling fast. What I seen on that stage was a joke of everything we stand for. It was a throwing away of all of our values and everything that is good and true. Why must we go to this low, why must we accept this. Is this really what we have become? Is this really the best of us? If so we are in deep deep shit.

AZ Jim
10-11-2016, 01:42 AM
I am not a Trump supporter but really why have they not showed us his crowds, but they show Hillary's. Why are they censoring us. What is really going on? That is the part that bothers me the most. They allow Hill to talk over her time, and constantly interrupt Trump, and give him the worst questions. that is what is really starting to bother me. They are doing it right out in the open. I am not for this unfairness. Where the hell has democracy gone. Rome is falling fast. What I seen on that stage was a joke of everything we stand for. It was a throwing away of all of our values and everything that is good and true. Why must we go to this low, why must we accept this. Is this really what we have become? Is this really the best of us? If so we are in deep deep shit.You must have watched a different debate than I.

Peter1469
10-11-2016, 05:10 AM
You must have watched a different debate than I.

I caught up on the debate. After the hit on Trump- his performance at the debate was a win. He treated her like the criminal she is.

You would be in jail.

Priceless. :smiley:

Safety
10-11-2016, 06:13 AM
Kim Jong-un would have been proud.

donttread
10-11-2016, 06:27 AM
We may truely be doomed this time

Cigar
10-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Voting has already started, Trump is Toast

ripmeister
10-11-2016, 10:39 AM
I am not a Trump supporter but really why have they not showed us his crowds, but they show Hillary's. Why are they censoring us. What is really going on? That is the part that bothers me the most. They allow Hill to talk over her time, and constantly interrupt Trump, and give him the worst questions. that is what is really starting to bother me. They are doing it right out in the open. I am not for this unfairness. Where the hell has democracy gone. Rome is falling fast. What I seen on that stage was a joke of everything we stand for. It was a throwing away of all of our values and everything that is good and true. Why must we go to this low, why must we accept this. Is this really what we have become? Is this really the best of us? If so we are in deep deep $#@!.

Regarding the amount of time speaking they were nearly even. I don't remember the exact numbers but Donald spoke about one minute more than Hillary. I really don't think Trump can make the argument of coverage of his crowds. I watch the dreaded CNN mostly and I've been well aware of the size of his crowds. Add to that the unprecendented "free" coverage he got early on in the process and this charge is really nothing but a red herring.

ripmeister
10-11-2016, 10:40 AM
I caught up on the debate. After the hit on Trump- his performance at the debate was a win. He treated her like the criminal she is.

You would be in jail.

I guess if you like the Banana Republic approach.

Peter1469
10-11-2016, 10:58 AM
I guess if you like the Banana Republic approach.

Untrue.

We are a Banana Republic. You or I would be in prison if we did what she did.

The hard left is dishonest.

MisterVeritis
10-11-2016, 11:09 AM
How will you benefit when Clinton unconstitutionally grants the 11-25 million illegal aliens amnesty and gives them green cards?
How will you benefit when Clinton unconstitutionally allows open borders and an additional 30 million poor, dumb, illiterate black and brown people enter our country?

The Xl
10-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Go ahead and tell me why you think they are biased. Be very specific - and not just because you disagree with the outcome. If you are unfamiliar with this process, this is how it is done: pick a poll you suspect of bias. Examine the methodology and questions. Analyze them against prevailing demographic trends, and account for the implicit bias in each question.

I'll wait.

They're biased because the source is biased. How am I supposed to take polling seriously from heavily biased sources with a clear agenda? And even if we take them at their word and their polls are legit, the process is still fundamentally flawed, as they've been oversampling Democrats since the beginning.

AZ Jim
10-11-2016, 12:23 PM
They're biased because the source is biased. How am I supposed to take polling seriously from heavily biased sources with a clear agenda? And even if we take them at their word and their polls are legit, the process is still fundamentally flawed, as they've been oversampling Democrats since the beginning.Fox has Clinton ahead. Oversampling?

The Xl
10-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Fox has Clinton ahead. Oversampling?

You don't seem to get it, Fox never was with Trump, a few people on Fox were, Hannity and a couple of others, but the rest are taking their establishment marching orders as well. This isn't D vs R anymore, this is about the power structure doing anything possible to stop a guy that they don't own from holding the office of the Presidency.

JDubya
10-11-2016, 02:01 PM

I'll wait.

Pack lunches for about a month and tell everyone you won't be seeing them for awhile.

And even then, you won't get an answer.

JDubya
10-11-2016, 02:05 PM
The sheep will pull (D) or (R) with zero intelligent thought.

So.

Oh, so you are a third party sheep.

All a candidate has to do to get your vote is mouth a lot of BS about not being part of the "establishment", knowing full well that as soon as they got elected, they would become part of the establishment, and you jump on board with both feet.

Good for you.

Yawn.

exploited
10-11-2016, 02:07 PM
They're biased because the source is biased. How am I supposed to take polling seriously from heavily biased sources with a clear agenda? And even if we take them at their word and their polls are legit, the process is still fundamentally flawed, as they've been oversampling Democrats since the beginning.

Everybody is biased, and yet we can design methodologies that account for and remove that bias. I'm afraid you are going to have to be specific here: which polls have failed to account for bias, and how?

JDubya
10-11-2016, 02:14 PM

You would be in jail.

What Hillary should've said in response to that was... "Yes Donald, I'm sure that if you had the power, a lot of people would be in jail for all kinds of reasons other than because they belong there."

Trump would go insane with power. He is a textbook megalomaniac.

Peter1469
10-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Oh, so you are a third party sheep.

All a candidate has to do to get your vote is mouth a lot of BS about not being part of the "establishment", knowing full well that as soon as they got elected, they would become part of the establishment, and you jump on board with both feet.

Good for you.

Yawn.

Third parties are our hope.

Peter1469
10-11-2016, 02:16 PM
What Hillary should've said in response to that was... "Yes Donald, I'm sure that if you had the power, a lot of people would be in jail for all kinds of reasons other than because they belong there."

Trump would go insane with power. He is a textbook megalomaniac.

How many rapists are you going to let out of jail?

JDubya
10-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Third parties are our hope.

Putting all your hopes into third parties is a false hope. They still have to work within the existing system and the existing system is bigger than any one individual, as designed. Our best hope lies in people who are willing to work with the opposing side, find compromise and get something positive done for the public. That means getting the fire breathing right-wingers who see compromise as a dirty word out of the process.

JDubya
10-11-2016, 02:29 PM
How many rapists are you going to let out of jail?

I don't have the power to let anyone out of jail.

The question is irrelevant anyway. No rapists are getting let out of jail, other than after they've served their sentences.

donttread
10-11-2016, 02:46 PM

As are we , either way. If she doubles the debt as Obama did or as I belive Bush before him came close to it might just be too many borrowed e-dollars to finance too many "nothing to show for it programs " and too many stiffling tax hikes. The only tax hike we need is capitol gains and that is more like closing a rich man's loophole than it is a tax hike.

Green Arrow
10-11-2016, 04:09 PM
You don't seem to get it, Fox never was with Trump, a few people on Fox were, Hannity and a couple of others, but the rest are taking their establishment marching orders as well. This isn't D vs R anymore, this is about the power structure doing anything possible to stop a guy that they don't own from holding the office of the Presidency.

According to Wikileaks they do own him. He's in it to make sure Hillary wins.