PDA

View Full Version : Swing State Ohio Swinging Towards Romney

coolwalker
10-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Prior to last week’s presidential debate between President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, polls indicated that Obama had an 8 point lead in the all-important swing state of Ohio. And as the liberal media loves to point out in every mention of Ohio, no Republican has ever won the presidential election without carrying Ohio. Democrats [...]

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/#ixzz28vf65n61

BooHoo
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Woot!! And, it will swing more in Romney's direction after this....

coolwalker
10-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Facts and figures against rhetoric. I'm going to watch it until I have to stop laughing. I guess I need to put a second empty chair in my front yard.

Captain Obvious
10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Ohio is winnable for Romney, there is a lot of anti-O'bama sentiment especially in rural areas.

bladimz
10-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm going to record it so that i can watch it over and over and over. Because watching Ryan grovel never goes out of fashion. :f_cheers:

coolwalker
10-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm going to record it so that i can watch it over and over and over. Because watching Ryan grovel never goes out of fashion. :f_cheers:

Ryan doesn't grovel. Biden however is the Gaff King.

bladimz
10-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Ohio is winnable for Romney, there is a lot of anti-O'bama sentiment especially in rural areas.
Romney may or may not win Ohio. He has a habit of pissing off the 47%. Seriously, many of the businesses related to auto manufacturing aren't too keen on the Mitt.

bladimz
10-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Ryan doesn't grovel.
Not yet... LOL!

Deadwood
10-10-2012, 04:29 PM

Not just rural areas. Dayton will likely go to Romney because of Wright Patterson AFB. But, the guns and bibles thing didn't just upset Pennsylvanians....there's a lot of self-proclaimed "red necks" in Ohio to make in winnable...

That will be one of about five to watch closely election night.

Captain Obvious
10-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Not just rural areas. Dayton will likely go to Romney because of Wright Patterson AFB. But, the guns and bibles thing didn't just upset Pennsylvanians....there's a lot of self-proclaimed "red necks" in Ohio to make in winnable...

That will be one of about five to watch closely election night.

The correct term is "hilljacks", btw.

JohnAdams
10-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I am going to attempt too watch the debate but....I have a slipped hernia mesh so I hope Joe doesn't say too many assinine foot in mouth things...and on the other hand spout off OBAMMY lies and have me jumpin up an down fired up mad. ;)

Peter1469
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
You should skip the debate if you have those issues.

coolwalker
10-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I am going to attempt too watch the debate but....I have a slipped hernia mesh so I hope Joe doesn't say too many assinine foot in mouth things...and on the other hand spout off OBAMMY lies and have me jumpin up an down fired up mad. ;)

Watch it in the bathtub with a bottle of bourbon. You'll be fine!

bladimz
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM

That will be one of about five to watch closely election night.And Pennsylvania won't be one of them. Obama's got PA, just like last time.

Mainecoons
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Yep, they're emptying out those graveyards in Filthadelphia as we speak.

BTW, I see one of your biggest beer brewers is going to build their next plant in another state because PA is a lousy place to do business. Goes right along with that voting for Obama, eh?

:grin:

Captain Obvious
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM

BTW, I see one of your biggest beer brewers is going to build their next plant in another state because PA is a lousy place to do business. Goes right along with that voting for Obama, eh?

:grin:

PA = The Communist Commonwealth

Google "PA wine kiosk" for a good laugh at where our Neanderthal legislators are.

bladimz
10-11-2012, 04:44 PM

:grin:I don't think you know anything at all about PA or Philly for that matter. Or Pittsburgh either. I guess i should qualify that: i don't think you know much of anything at all. But then, you moved your business off the east coast because you just couldn't make it work there. You more likely moved it because you got yourself shut down where you were, for health code or safety violations....

Like it or not, Pennsy is part of the US. Ol' Mehiko ain't.

Mainecoons
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh, I'm sure you're right Blad. It's a real business paradise for sure:

Unfortunately, Yuengling said he doubts he will build the brewery in Pennsylvania, even though a western Pennsylvania location would be perfect for the brand’s continued westward expansion. The decision comes down to taxes, incentives and the state’s business climate, Yuengling said.
In the interview, Yuengling hinted that there are far more business-friendly states.
And while he didn’t directly criticize any Pennsylvania administration, past or present, he said he can never be certain which way the state is leaning in terms of its tax and business policies.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/yuengling_new_brewery.html

“Anyway we sliced the data, we’re a ‘C’ state,” said David W. Patti, PBC president and CEO. “One college student involved in the research said, ‘My parents wouldn’t be happy with grades like this.’”

http://www.pegweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105

Oct. 10--Pennsylvania is home to the second-highest corporate tax rate in the country, a dubious distinction that saps its ability to lure employers seeking a business-friendly climate to open or grow, according to a report released Tuesday by the Tax Foundation, a Washington-based think tank.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/markets/news/article.asp?docKey=600-201210100223KRTRIB__BUSNEWS_41101_13404-1&params=timestamp%7C%7C10/10/2012%202:23%20AM%20ET%7C%7Cheadline%7C%7CReport%3A %20Pennsylvania's%20business%20climate%20remains%2 0unfriendly%20%5BThe%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%5D%7C%7CdocSource%7C%7CKnight%20Ridder/Tribune%7C%7Cprovider%7C%7CACQUIREMEDIA

Plenty more where this came from, genius.

:rofl: