PDA

View Full Version : America's "toughest" sheriff may go down....

AZ Jim
10-12-2016, 01:15 PM
It is looking good for us here in Maricopa county Arizona to finally get rid of our showboat sheriff. He has cost taxpayer over 49 million in lawsuits and he is now being tried in Federal court for criminal activity and defying court orders. Here's hoping "mr. Tea Party Trumpie Arpiao" is on his way out and a Prison term may follow.

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/33375252/az-republic-endorses-paul-penzone-for-maricopa-county-sheriff?autostart=true

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 01:16 PM
WAKE-UP! WAKE-UP! Your having a wet dream... again.

AZ Jim
10-12-2016, 01:26 PM
WAKE-UP! WAKE-UP! Your having a wet dream... again.Think so? Read the article and weep!

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Remind me, how many times has this been reelected?

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Remind me, how many times has this been reelected?

He's been sheriff since 1993 IIRC. We love him here in the phoenix area. Hacks like AZJim have been trying too hard for his removal for as long.

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 01:36 PM
He's been sheriff since 1993 IIRC. We love him here in the phoenix area. Hacks like AZJim have been trying too hard for his removal for as long.

The law suit thing has to be a smoke screen as that's common in most every sheriff's department in populous areas.

The left's absolute hate for this guy must be becasue he's an effective sheriff. You know how they hate effective law enforcement.

Private Pickle
10-12-2016, 01:38 PM

It's obviously a political issue for AZJim... If Arpiao was a Democrat everything would be kosher.

AZ Jim
10-12-2016, 01:46 PM
If you don't live in our county this isn't an issue for you but as a home owner and voter in this county a large number of us are tired of his illegal actions resulting in nearly 50 million taxpayers dollars. He is an old showboat.

Safety
10-12-2016, 01:53 PM
It's obviously a political issue for AZJim... If Arpiao was a Democrat everything would be kosher.

Welcome to the dark side of fallacy usage.

Cletus
10-12-2016, 01:54 PM
I don't like Arpaio... never have. However, I have to say that if I was a Sheriff and some judge ordered me to stop enforcing the law, I would have to tell him go fuck himself and keep doing my job, as well.

Private Pickle
10-12-2016, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the dark side of fallacy usage.

Ohhh! Which one? Before you answer...remember:

Here's hoping "mr. Tea Party Trumpie Arpiao" is on his way out and a Prison term may follow.

exploited
10-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Arpiao is a known moron.

AZ Jim
10-12-2016, 02:02 PM
I don't like Arpaio... never have. However, I have to say that if I was a Sheriff and some judge ordered me to stop enforcing the law, I would have to tell him go fuck himself and keep doing my job, as well.That wasn't the issue.

Cletus
10-12-2016, 02:03 PM
That wasn't the issue.

That is the issue.

Safety
10-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Ohhh! Which one? Before you answer...remember:

Oh, it doesn't matter which one, and I think whomever made the comment you quoted is not helping.

Private Pickle
10-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Oh, it doesn't matter which one, and I think whomever made the comment you quoted is not helping.

It's the OP....

It's OK... Any chance to troll though amirite?

Safety
10-12-2016, 02:27 PM
It's the OP....

It's OK... Any chance to troll though amirite?

So it was, didn't notice. Then again, I wasn't taken to task before on OPs posting partisan politics, now was I?

Private Pickle
10-12-2016, 02:53 PM
So it was, didn't notice. Then again, I wasn't taken to task before on OPs posting partisan politics, now was I?

You weren't taken to task on anything... You just chimed in before reading the thread.

Standing Wolf
10-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Arpaio has never been a champion of local control over anything, nor of local authorities defying the federal government in any way...except as it pertains to his personal crusade to identify illegal aliens, which he has pursued to the detriment and denial of the rights of legal citizens of Hispanic descent, and - most recently - in direct and purposeful violation of a federal court order. He was a DEA agent for twenty-five years, and has always planted his nose firmly up the backside of any federal law enforcement agency that has come to town for any reason; his pose as a so-called "Constitutional sheriff" is a joke to anyone who knows his history and tendencies.

Many of Arpaio's financial dealings, both on and off the job, have been beyond shady. Like many a politician, he blames every charge of misconduct he faces, however well documented, on his "enemies'" bad feelings about him. He has bamboozled a large number of voters, particularly the extensive senior retiree population, into believing that he is the second coming of Joe Friday.

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 02:58 PM
..... He is an old showboat.

But also an effective sheriff.

Standing Wolf
10-12-2016, 02:59 PM

The majority of his deputies despise the man more than the Tent City inmates do.

Safety
10-12-2016, 03:23 PM
You weren't taken to task on anything... You just chimed in before reading the thread.

Yes, I zoomed in on an action that caused so much heartburn in a previously heated discussion. It's human nature I guess...if I see someone get scolded for doing something, then that person that did the scolding ends up doing the same thing, it gets pointed out. Life is funny that way...

Safety
10-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Pol Pot was an effective leader, but that doesn't mean he should lead.

Cigar
10-12-2016, 03:28 PM
It is looking good for us here in Maricopa county Arizona to finally get rid of our showboat sheriff. He has cost taxpayer over 49 million in lawsuits and he is now being tried in Federal court for criminal activity and defying court orders. Here's hoping "mr. Tea Party Trumpie Arpiao" is on his way out and a Prison term may follow.

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/33375252/az-republic-endorses-paul-penzone-for-maricopa-county-sheriff?autostart=true

What type of idiot thinks this moron is worth 49 million in taxpayer money? :laugh:

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 03:30 PM
The majority of his deputies despise the man more than the Tent City inmates do.

can you support that with verifiable facts?

Private Pickle
10-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Yes, I zoomed in on an action that caused so much heartburn in a previously heated discussion. It's human nature I guess...if I see someone get scolded for doing something, then that person that did the scolding ends up doing the same thing, it gets pointed out. Life is funny that way...

Was wondering when I did the same thing but yeah...funny clown funny...

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Pol Pot was an effective leader, but that doesn't mean he should lead.

So, you are equating him to Pol Pot? Is this what passes for intelligent dialogue with you?

exploited
10-12-2016, 03:32 PM

If your idea of effective is getting sued for millions, spending his time investigating birth certificates, engaging in clear acts of racism, botching sexual assault and murder cases and generally being a total moron... Sure. Good thoughts little buddy.

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 03:37 PM
He has a sense of humor for sure. Pink underwear and t-shirts and sandals with old school black and white striped inmate uniforms. Chain gangs picking up trash. No cable TV. No girlie mags. Piped in Christmas music in December. A neon vacancy sign on the guard tower. Army surplus tents in 110 degree summers. Only two meals a day many of them green baloney style. I get a kick out of Sheriff Joe!

AZ Jim
10-12-2016, 03:41 PM
He has a sense of humor for sure. Pink underwear and t-shirts and sandals with old school black and white striped inmate uniforms. Chain gangs picking up trash. No cable TV. No girlie mags. Piped in Christmas music in December. A neon vacancy sign on the guard tower. Army surplus tents in 110 degree summers. Only two meals a day many of them green baloney style. I get a kick out of Sheriff Joe!You don't have to pick up the tab for his "sense of humor". I do..

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 04:22 PM
You don't have to pick up the tab for his "sense of humor". I do..

We both pay taxes in Maricopa County. If I had to guess you're in the West Valley giving the widows the what-for on the regular. If you're ever in the East Valley I'll by you a coffee the best cinnamon roll on the planet at Rise Up bakery.

AZ Jim
10-12-2016, 04:34 PM
We both pay taxes in Maricopa County. If I had to guess you're in the West Valley giving the widows the what-for on the regular. If you're ever in the East Valley I'll by you a coffee the best cinnamon roll on the planet at Rise Up bakery.Well since you weren't candid enough to post your location like I and others have, I didn't know. If that's true you should be very happy to see Arpiao is in a real fight to hang on this time. You are attracted to his tea party standing, his trump support and I get that but Trump is going down and hopefully his buddy Arpiao as well. I am married and any widows are safe around me also I have plenty of sources for cinnamon rolls myself. I also don't socialize with Trumpies, no offense.

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 04:58 PM
If your idea of effective is getting sued for millions, spending his time investigating birth certificates, engaging in clear acts of racism, botching sexual assault and murder cases and generally being a total moron... Sure. Good thoughts little buddy.

Every sheriff's department in every populated area is sued continually. He's an effective Sheriff. You just disapprove of his tactics. For more than two decades the majority in his county have disagreed with you.

I know liberals disapprove of effective law enforcement. For some reason they tend to sympathize only with the criminal classes.

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Well since you weren't candid enough to post your location like I and others have, I didn't know. If that's true you should be very happy to see Arpiao is in a real fight to hang on this time. You are attracted to his tea party standing, his trump support and I get that but Trump is going down and hopefully his buddy Arpiao as well. I am married and any widows are safe around me also I have plenty of sources for cinnamon rolls myself. I also don't socialize with Trumpies, no offense.

That's the problem with Dem progs. You only talk to and socialize with other fans. You stroke each other for a time then part ways congratulating yourselves on how productive and insightful your monologues just were. You then return to your one-view world repeating your dogma like some lunatic Muslim in a Madrasa. You lot need to get out of the fan circle and get your toes wet more often.

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 05:05 PM
You don't have to pick up the tab for his "sense of humor". I do..

I guess you'd rather foot the bill for ineffective law enforcement.

exploited
10-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Every sheriff's department in every populated area is sued continually. He's an effective Sheriff. You just disapprove of his tactics. For more than two decades the majority in his county have disagreed with you.

I know liberals disapprove of effective law enforcement. For some reason they tend to sympathize only with the criminal classes.

Absolutely hysterical.

From Wikipedia:

Reports claim that, under Arpaio, the MCSO may be improperly clearing as many as 75% of cases without arrest or proper investigation.[63][64][65][66] The sheriff's office has failed to properly investigate serious crimes, including the rape of a 14-year-old girl by classmates,[67][68] the rape of a 15-year-old girl by two strangers,[69][70] and the rape of a 13-year-old girl by her father.[69][71] These cases were "exceptionally cleared" without investigation or even identifying a suspect in one case which are not in accordance with the FBI standards for exceptional clearance.[69][72] In the case of the 15-year-old girl, the case was closed within one month and before DNA testing was even complete, the 13-year-old's because her mother did not want to "...pursue this investigation," and the 14-year-old's because a suspect declined to come in for questioning.[67][69] In a statement to ABC15, the Sheriff's Office claimed, "The Goldwater Institute’s report cites the FBI’s Uniform Code Reporting handbook, which is a voluntary crime-reporting program to compile statistical information and reports. The UCR is not intended for oversight on how law enforcement agencies clear cases...The Sheriff’s Office has its own criteria for clearing cases."[68]

In an interview on the ABC Nightline news program, when asked to explain why 82 percent of cases were declared cleared by exception, Arpaio said "We do clear a higher percentage of that. I know that. We clear many, many cases – not 18 percent." Nightline contacted the MCSO after the interview and was told that of 7,346 crimes, only 944, or 15%, had been cleared by arrest.[73]

Over the past week or so, you've been one of the posters going on and on about how liberals don't care about rape victims, and here you are defending a guy who didn't even investigate the rape of three minors, one of which was incestuous. Furthermore, you are describing a sheriff with a 15% success rate as "effective." Absolutely pathetic.

As for the lawsuits, again from Wikipedia:

From 2004 through November 2007, Arpaio was the target of 2,150 lawsuits in U.S. District Court and hundreds more in Maricopa County courts, with more than $50 million in claims being filed,[77] 50 times as many prison-conditions lawsuits as the New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston jail systems combined.[78]

Are you ever right about anything? Do facts even matter in your deluded world-view?

AZ Jim
That's the problem with Dem progs. You only talk to and socialize with other fans. You stroke each other for a time then part ways congratulating yourselves on how productive and insightful your monologues just were. You then return to your one-view world repeating your dogma like some lunatic Muslim in a Madrasa. You lot need to get out of the fan circle and get your toes wet more often.Don't you worry you head about me, I'm fine.

exploited
That's the problem with Dem progs. You only talk to and socialize with other fans. You stroke each other for a time then part ways congratulating yourselves on how productive and insightful your monologues just were. You then return to your one-view world repeating your dogma like some lunatic Muslim in a Madrasa. You lot need to get out of the fan circle and get your toes wet more often.

Me and you agree about very little, but I would love the chance to sit down with you over a beer. I think we'd get into all sorts of trouble.

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Over the past week or so, you've been one of the posters going on and on about how liberals don't care about rape victims,

when did I make such a claim?

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Are you ever right about anything? Do facts even matter in your deluded world-view?

Are you claiming that other populated area departments are not continually sued?

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Don't you worry you head about me, I'm fine.

"worry"? No. Pity is more like it.

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Me and you agree about very little, but I would love the chance to sit down with you over a beer. I think we'd get into all sorts of trouble.

YES. Hopefully fisticuffs wouldn't ensue with us ending up hugging with the, "I love you bro. No I love you bro" dynamic.

Remember our epic Sheriff Joe thread at that other site?

exploited
10-12-2016, 05:25 PM
YES. Hopefully fisticuffs wouldn't ensue with us ending up hugging with the, "I love you bro. No I love you bro" dynamic.

Remember our epic Sheriff Joe thread at that other sight?

I think it would be more like we are about to get into a fight, and then True Blue walks into the bar :grin:

How could I forget? Epic is epic for a reason!

nic34
10-12-2016, 05:26 PM

We can only hope.... btw, Cubs won.

Safety
10-12-2016, 05:27 PM
So, you are equating him to Pol Pot? Is this what passes for intelligent dialogue with you?

You seem to be struggling with the English language. There's an app for that.

nic34
10-12-2016, 05:32 PM
He has a sense of humor for sure. Pink underwear and t-shirts and sandals with old school black and white striped inmate uniforms. Chain gangs picking up trash. No cable TV. No girlie mags. Piped in Christmas music in December. A neon vacancy sign on the guard tower. Army surplus tents in 110 degree summers. Only two meals a day many of them green baloney style. I get a kick out of Sheriff Joe!

Except for those who are simply being held until their court hearing get the full fun and games of Ar-piehole's circus as well.

Just speed thru one of the MCSO checkpoints....

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 05:47 PM
You seem to be struggling with the English language. There's an app for that.

Are you trying to back away from your comment? You should. It wasn't one of your greatest hits.

exploited
10-12-2016, 05:55 PM
when did I make such a claim?

I apologize if you did not make that claim, I have a hard time properly attributing quotes to the correct, uh, "conservative" here. In any case, do you think that a sheriff that convicts only 15% of the time is effective? How about one that doesn't even investigate the rape of three girls aged 13-15? How about one who doesn't investigate 75% of cases at all?

Are you claiming that other populated area departments are not continually sued?

No. I am claiming that Sheriff Joe is sued fifty times as much as four of the largest cities in America, combined.

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 05:57 PM
No. I am claiming that Sheriff Joe is sued fifty times as much as four of the largest cities in America, combined.

yep, that pink underwear really gets under the skin of the criminal class.

jimmyz
10-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Except for those who are simply being held until their court hearing get the full fun and games of Ar-piehole's circus as well.

Just speed thru one of the MCSO checkpoints....

The ones "being held" must have no way to afford bail and probably appreciate Joe's free room and board hospitality. Did you have a bad time in the tents? I know the Peckerwoods give the Chiefs the business because you guys are few in numbers in the MCSO facilities.

exploited
10-12-2016, 06:01 PM
yep, that pink underwear really gets under the skin of the criminal class.

That isn't what most of the lawsuits are about, actually, but you've never let facts get in the way of your opinions before. Why stop now?

By the way, why didn't you respond to the rest? Do you think a 15% conviction rate is effective? Do you support not investigating the rape of teenaged girls?

Tahuyaman
10-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Sheriff departments don't prosecute. If they have a weak prosecutor, that's not on the prosecutor.

exploited
10-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Sheriff departments don't prosecute. If they have a weak prosecutor, that's not on the prosecutor.

Actually, that is my bad. I shouldn't have said "conviction rate."

Let's review this again:

Reports claim that, under Arpaio, the MCSO may be improperly clearing as many as 75% of cases without arrest or proper investigation.[63][64][65][66] The sheriff's office has failed to properly investigate serious crimes, including the rape of a 14-year-old girl by classmates,[67][68] the rape of a 15-year-old girl by two strangers,[69][70] and the rape of a 13-year-old girl by her father.[69][71] These cases were "exceptionally cleared" without investigation or even identifying a suspect in one case which are not in accordance with the FBI standards for exceptional clearance.[69][72] In the case of the 15-year-old girl, the case was closed within one month and before DNA testing was even complete, the 13-year-old's because her mother did not want to "...pursue this investigation," and the 14-year-old's because a suspect declined to come in for questioning.[67][69] In a statement to ABC15, the Sheriff's Office claimed, "The Goldwater Institute’s report cites the FBI’s Uniform Code Reporting handbook, which is a voluntary crime-reporting program to compile statistical information and reports. The UCR is not intended for oversight on how law enforcement agencies clear cases...The Sheriff’s Office has its own criteria for clearing cases."[68]

In an interview on the ABC Nightline news program, when asked to explain why 82 percent of cases were declared cleared by exception, Arpaio said "We do clear a higher percentage of that. I know that. We clear many, many cases – not 18 percent." Nightline contacted the MCSO after the interview and was told that of 7,346 crimes, only 944, or 15%, had been cleared by arrest.[73]

Is it your contention that a sheriff is effective when 75% of cases are either not properly investigated or do not lead to an arrest, and only 15% of cases are cleared by arrest? Do you think that a sheriff is effective when a fifteen year old girl is raped, and his department closes the case before DNA evidence was even complete? Do you think a sheriff is effective when a 14 year old girl is raped, and the case is closed because the suspect didn't come in for questioning?

nic34
10-13-2016, 02:34 PM
The ones "being held" must have no way to afford bail and probably appreciate Joe's free room and board hospitality. Did you have a bad time in the tents? I know the Peckerwoods give the Chiefs the business because you guys are few in numbers in the MCSO facilities.

Peckerwoods don't mess with ME Jim.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Lz9NWWtn3C0/VUr8tV_kOVI/AAAAAAAAANs/EISjBvWn4nI/s1600/Chief%2Bpump.jpg

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 03:54 PM
....Do you think a sheriff is effective when a 14 year old girl is raped, and the case is closed because the suspect didn't come in for questioning?

Do you have a specific incident in mind or are you just spit-balling here?

exploited
10-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Do you have a specific incident in mind or are you just spit-balling here?

Please see the text below.

Is it your contention that a sheriff is effective when 75% of cases are either not properly investigated or do not lead to an arrest, and only 15% of cases are cleared by arrest? Do you think that a sheriff is effective when a fifteen year old girl is raped, and his department closes the case before DNA evidence was even complete? Do you think a sheriff is effective when a 14 year old girl is raped, and the case is closed because the suspect didn't come in for questioning?

AZ Jim
10-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Sheriff departments don't prosecute. If they have a weak prosecutor, that's not on the prosecutor.They make bad arrests that result in losing the case and occasionally incurring lawsuits.

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 04:23 PM
There's a lot of his department "may" hove done this or "might" have done that.

I spent 14 Years in law enforcement and I can say that without a doubt, the majority of crimes go unresolved or result in no charges being brought up against anyone.

AZ Jim
10-13-2016, 04:23 PM
The ones "being held" must have no way to afford bail and probably appreciate Joe's free room and board hospitality. Did you have a bad time in the tents? I know the Peckerwoods give the Chiefs the business because you guys are few in numbers in the MCSO facilities.Yeah who wouldn't enjoy 120 degree summer days capped off with green baloney sandwiches.

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 04:35 PM
They make bad arrests that result in losing the case and occasionally incurring lawsuits.

Most of the lawsuits are about the conditions in his tent city and correction department policies, not "bad" arrests.

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Yeah who wouldn't enjoy 120 degree summer days capped off with green baloney sandwiches.

iIf it's acceptable for soldiers, it should be acceptable for those who are incarcerated and those who sympathize with the criminal class.

nic34
10-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Most of the lawsuits are about the conditions in his tent city and correction department policies, not "bad" arrests.

Most of the cost is for his profiling:

Taxpayer costs of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's profiling case: Another $13M on top of $41M
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2016/05/12/taxpayer-costs-sheriff-joe-arpaios-profiling-case-another-13m-top-41m/84293950/

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Most of the cost is for his profiling:

Taxpayer costs of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's profiling case: Another $13M on top of $41M

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2016/05/12/taxpayer-costs-sheriff-joe-arpaios-profiling-case-another-13m-top-41m/84293950/

Here's a news flash for the naive. Police departments all over the country profile in spite of their claims otherwise. You know why? Because it works.

nic34
10-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Here's a news flash for the naive. Police departments all over the country profile in spite of their claims otherwise. You know why? Because it works.

We know.

And now you have BLM among others don't we?

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 05:00 PM
We know.

And now you have BLM among others don't we?

yes, the malcontents are here to stay. There will be more in the future.

jimmyz
10-13-2016, 06:17 PM
Yeah who wouldn't enjoy 120 degree summer days capped off with green baloney sandwiches.

There have been only 3 days of 120 degree weather in Phoenix ever. You exaggerate too much.

https://phoenix-az.knoji.com/10-alltime-hottest-weather-temperature-days-in-phoenix/

exploited
10-13-2016, 07:08 PM
There's a lot of his department "may" hove done this or "might" have done that.

I spent 14 Years in law enforcement and I can say that without a doubt, the majority of crimes go unresolved or result in no charges being brought up against anyone.

Actually, there is only one instance of "may have," the rest is confirmed and indisputable. Please read more carefully.

As for your second claim...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearance_rate

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/2004_UCR_crime_clearance.jpg/350px-2004_UCR_crime_clearance.jpg

As you can see, a clearance rate of 15% for crimes is extremely low, and well below average. The sum of all categories above is 32%. Is it still your contention that this sheriff is "effective?"

Standing Wolf
10-13-2016, 11:24 PM
can you support that with verifiable facts?

I see and speak with his deputies on an almost daily basis; that is the basis of my statement. So, no - I can't supply you with any evidence. You are free to believe what you believe, and I am stuck with what I happen to know.

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Ok, you have no evidence other than what you say is so.

From what I've heard, he holds his people to some pretty high standards. Not all deputies like that. I know some of my ex co-workers didn't like it.

I suspect that most of the opposition to this sheriff is based on his politics and not how he runs his department.

Tahuyaman
10-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tahuyaman can you support that with verifiable facts?

I see and speak with his deputies on an almost daily basis; that is the basis of my statement. So, no - I can't supply you with any evidence. You are free to believe what you believe, and I am stuck with what I happen to know.

So that would be a "no".

exploited
10-13-2016, 11:51 PM
Speaking of evidence, Tahuyaman, are you still contending that he is an effective sheriff with a clearance rate by arrest that is about half the national average, and a lawsuit rate that is about 50 times the top four cities combined?

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Speaking of evidence, @Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365), are you still contending that he is an effective sheriff with a clearance rate by arrest that is about half the national average, and a lawsuit rate that is about 50 times the top four cities combined?

yes I am. There are many factors which go into the stats you quote. He is an effective sheriff and the people of his county have been reelecting him to that position for a generation.

Like I said, most of the law suits are about his tent city facility and jail conditions. Stuff like limiting TV time and recreational activities or feeding inmates MRE's and such. Big deal.

Id have no problem with him being the sheriff of the county I live in. Our jail recidivism rate would drop dramatically.

The reason the left dislikes him is because he doesn't identify any protected classes.

exploited
10-14-2016, 10:19 AM
yes I am. There are many factors which go into the stats you quote. He is an effective sheriff and the people of his county have been reelecting him to that position for a generation.

Like I said, most of the law suits are about his tent city facility and jail conditions. Stuff like limiting TV time and recreational activities or feeding inmates MRE's and such. Big deal.

Id have no problem with him being the sheriff of the county I live in. Our jail recidivism rate would drop dramatically.

The reason the left dislikes him is because he doesn't identify any protected classes.

I'm pleased to see you admit that your idea of effectiveness is performing half as well as the national average, resulting in 50 times the amount of lawsuits, costing taxpayers nearly $75 million.

As for your claim about recidivism, Sheriff Joe commissioned a study awhile back. It found no difference in recidivism - literally no statistical change, despite an increase of 30% more officers between the time frame studied. I guess that fits in well with your definition of effective.

The reason people dislike him is because he does a terrible job, wastes an enormous amount of resources, and is generally a rank moron of the first degree.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 10:28 AM
The only people who dislike him are those on the left who have more sympathy for the criminal class.

If he was nearly as bad and sinister as you claim, he would not have been reelected repeatedly. Leftists hate the man. The rest trust him and obviously approve of the job he's doing.

Hes been there a long time. He's getting old. Eventually he will retire. Then the leftists can elect a social justice warrior, hug-a-thug type sheriff. That will make everything better for you.

exploited
10-14-2016, 10:32 AM
The only people who dislike him are those on the left who have more sympathy for the criminal class.

If he was nearly as bad and sinister as you claim, he would not have been reelected repeatedly. Leftists hate the man. The rest trust him and obviously approve of the job he's doing.

Hes been there a long time. He's getting old. Eventually he will retire. Then the leftists can elect a social justice warrior, hug-a-thug type sheriff. That will make everything better for you.

Your logical fallacies are noted. As is your belief that child rape is not a serious issue that warrants an effective sheriff.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 10:39 AM
You take idiotic leaps.

You can judge this Sheriff by his opposition. The side which is sympathetic to the criminal class and has an unwavering disrespect for law enforcement opposes him.

exploited
10-14-2016, 10:55 AM
You take idiotic leaps.

You can judge this Sheriff by his opposition. The side which is sympathetic to the criminal class and has an unwavering disrespect for law enforcement opposes him.

In Bizarro world, respecting law enforcement means electing a sheriff who is half as good as the national average, and fifty times more likely to be sued. One who allows child rapists to go unprosecuted without even investigating. Way to go little buddy!

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 11:54 AM
In Bizarro world, respecting law enforcement means electing a sheriff who is half as good as the national average, and fifty times more likely to be sued. One who allows child rapists to go unprosecuted without even investigating. Way to go little buddy!

In bizaro world respecting the criminal class and catering to their undeserved whims or demands takes a higher priority than effective law enforcement.

exploited
10-14-2016, 12:29 PM
In bizaro world respecting the criminal class and catering to their undeserved whims or demands takes a higher priority than effective law enforcement.

Let's face it: you're a typical "tough on crime" guy, which means you don't actually care about efficacy. All you care about is satisfying your emotional neediness. It is quite pathetic.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Let's face it: you're a typical "tough on crime" guy, which means you don't actually care about efficacy. All you care about is satisfying your emotional neediness. It is quite pathetic.

In reality, I'm also a tough on poor policing as well. You are completely one sided. You side with the criminal class.

Your comment about my "emotional neediness" just shows that you ran out of ways to justify your stance, so you just throw out nonsensical garbage.

exploited
10-14-2016, 01:14 PM
In reality, I'm also a tough on poor policing as well. You are completely one sided. You side with the criminal class.

Your comment about my "emotional neediness" just shows that you ran out of ways to justify your stance, so you just throw out nonsensical garbage.

Please provide even a single instance of me siding with the "criminal class." Just one. Quote directly, from any thread.

You can't, because like everything else you say, you are irrational and nonsensical.

Leave policy to capable people.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Please provide even a single instance of me siding with the "criminal class." Just one. Quote directly, from any thread.

You can't, because like everything else you say, you are irrational and nonsensical.

Leave policy to capable people.

You certainly aren't one of the capable. You Learn by rote and mimick what you hear others say.

exploited
10-14-2016, 02:18 PM
You certainly aren't one of the capable. You Learn by rote and mimick what you hear others say.

Uh huh. You're an embarrassment to humanity.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 04:31 PM
Uh huh. You're an embarrassment to humanity.

You really got me with that one. I'm sure everyone is impressed with your biting wit. I know I am.

exploited
10-14-2016, 05:37 PM
You really got me with that one. I'm sure everyone is impressed with your biting wit. I know I am.

No, that is just the usual forum trash talk. I got you when I disproved, with reputable statistics and sources, every single one of your claims. First about arrest clearance rates, then about recidivism, then about your absurd accusation that I side with criminals... As you defend a guy who doesn't even investigate child rape, one of the most heinous crimes imaginable.

You're done, and deep down, you know it. Unless you really are that dumb.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 06:53 PM
No, that is just the usual forum trash talk. I got you when I disproved, with reputable statistics and sources, every single one of your claims. First about arrest clearance rates, then about recidivism, then about your absurd accusation that I side with criminals... As you defend a guy who doesn't even investigate child rape, one of the most heinous crimes imaginable.

You're done, and deep down, you know it. Unless you really are that dumb.

you're not nearly as clever, intelligent or witty as you think you are. You are a product of a modern public school system. A stooge.

Common Sense
10-14-2016, 06:58 PM
you're not nearly as clever, intelligent or witty as you think you are. You are a product of a modern public school system. A stooge.

You one of them high falutin private school boys? ;)

It's highly probable that none of us are as clever, intelligent or witty as we think we are.

Bo-4
10-14-2016, 07:11 PM

YOU just called yourself a stooge.

Excuse me sir, but i have met stooges in my life, and YOU sir are indeed a stooge.

exploited
10-14-2016, 07:14 PM

Good one little buddy! :laugh:

Bo-4
10-14-2016, 07:16 PM
It's all about "fiscal conservatism" .. now 70 million and counting.

Way to go AZ taxpayers!

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 07:52 PM
You one of them high falutin private school boys?

I was educated in a public school system which still maintained standards.

From what I've seen, I received a better education in junior high school than many college students today.

I'd be willing to bet that I had a better grasp of American history when I was in sixth grade than any college student today.

Tahuyaman
10-14-2016, 07:54 PM
YOU just called yourself a stooge.

Excuse me sir, but i have met stooges in my life, and YOU sir are indeed a stooge.

I wish you could project yourself out of your body and discover how utterly stupid you look.

Common Sense
10-14-2016, 07:55 PM

From what I've seen, I received a better education in junior high school than many college students today.

I'd be willing to bet that I had a better grasp of American history when I was in sixth grade than any college student today.

That's called perspective. I'd wager the curriculum hasn't changed all that much.

There are always anecdotal examples of course, but to say any college student today is obviously wrong. Clearly as a sixth grader, your grasp of American history wasn't as extensive as say someone who is majoring in American history.

Common Sense
10-14-2016, 07:55 PM
I wish you could project yourself out of your body and discover how utterly stupid you look.

I think we all feel that way about people whom we disagree with.

exploited
10-14-2016, 07:56 PM
That's called perspective. I'd wager the curriculum hasn't changed all that much.

There are always anecdotal examples of course, but to say any college student today is obviously wrong. Clearly as a sixth grader, your grasp of American history wasn't as extensive as say someone who is majoring in American history.

He isn't talking about knowledge, he is taking about opinion. If you don't accept his opinion, it proves you don't have knowledge.

In reality, his memorization of American history is above average, but that really doesn't say much. He lacks critical thinking skills, the ability to evaluate media, or formal training in developing a coherent hypothesis.

This is how Arpiao is an effective sheriff despite being literally half as good as the average.

Tahuyaman
10-15-2016, 11:41 AM

Both the curriculum and standards have changed dramatically. The ignorance of the average college student on the subject of American history is shocking. Even with those who major in American history.

Tahuyaman
10-15-2016, 11:44 AM
I think we all feel that way about people whom we disagree with.

Not it at all. Often times disagreement then discussion leads to one party changing their mind, or altering their view.

TrueBlue
10-15-2016, 12:16 PM

About damn time justice was done!

Bo-4
10-15-2016, 12:31 PM
About damn time justice was done!

When the send Joe to Tent City and make him wear pink and eat 18 cent meals, rumor has it that his multi-million dollar tank will be auctioned off.

Interested? Me neither!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/7320c11b620ecf250b977c8156d8e8fcba4948f7/c=0-262-1657-1196&r=x324&c=600x321/local/-/media/Phoenix/2014/09/17/sheriffjoetank.jpg