PDA

View Full Version : Texas judge officiates same-sex marriage, then quits Republican Party

Cigar
10-13-2016, 10:58 AM
A Texas judge has quit the Republican Party after officiating his first same-sex marriage, deciding he had had enough of its intolerance.

Justice Terry Jennings will now be the only Democrat on the Texas First Court of Appeals after pulling the trigger on the decision he had been mulling over for years, with the encouragement of his children who wondered why he was staying with a party from which he was feeling increasingly alienated.

Jennings said when some mentioned that many Republican judges might not be willing to preside over a same-sex marriage, “that’s when I started thinking, Well maybe I’m not in the right party then.”

“Today’s Republican Party has chosen a dark path I cannot take,” Jennings said at a Democratic fundraising dinner over the weekend, where he officially made the announcement that he was switching parties.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/10/texas-judge-officiates-sex-marriage-quits-republican-party/

Bo-4
10-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Most of the sane Republicans got off that bus in 2010.

TrueBlue
10-13-2016, 11:35 AM
KUDOS to the judge for his decision! I only wish more right-wingers would have such great intelligence as to do the same.