PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter who wins?

midcan5
10-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Will it make a real difference in our country? Without getting into complicated reasons why, I think the issues today are problems caused by Americans themselves on themselves. Divisiveness is a wonderful diversion. Read this link, the comments are so many I have not read them yet.

Tell us what you think.

http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/01/i-know-why-poor-whites-chant-trump-trump-trump/

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo

TrueBlue
10-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Will it make a real difference in our country? Without getting into complicated reasons why, I think the issues today are problems caused by Americans themselves on themselves. Divisiveness is a wonderful diversion. Read this link, the comments are so many I have not read them yet.

Tell us what you think.

http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/01/i-know-why-poor-whites-chant-trump-trump-trump/

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo
Definitely it will make a huge difference who wins! For the sake of brevity, if Trump were to win we would be taken back to regression and all of the things Americans hate about this country as he is pulling hard to Make America Hate Again. He would not lift one finger to help the Middle Class and especially the poor in this country of which there are millions, most of you reading this I might say. So, when Hillary Clinton wins you will find the great benefit of knowing that her heart is out to help you because she has your back as she always has. She will protect Social Security and Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps and other necessities to the elderly, the poor, the sick and those who have no other recourse to feed their family while looking for work. Trump could care less about them. Hillary will be there for them and that is why God is with her!

Chris
10-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Between Trump and Clinton, no, doesn't matter, we lose.

donttread
10-15-2016, 01:48 PM

Tell us what you think.

Certainly sports team mentality divisionism is all that keeps these guys in power. If we ever wake up and judge their performance collectively we'd fire them all. The reason that many of our issues remain unchanged form one election to the next is that while issiues like abject poverty, illegal immigration and racial division harm the people, they provide secondary gain to the donkephant. A third party could generate more progress with these issues in their first year than has occured in the entire Bushbama regime.

FindersKeepers
10-15-2016, 03:31 PM

I think there is a lot of truth to this. I can't see that, barring war, it will make much difference at all.

It's going to be a rough four years no matter what.

Beevee
10-15-2016, 03:36 PM
To Americans who have no interest in foreign affairs, no, it probably doesn't matter but for international politics, there will be gigantic problems dealing with a world leader who can say one thing and act in the opposite within a fraction of a second.

Chris
10-15-2016, 03:39 PM
To Americans who have no interest in foreign affairs, no, it probably doesn't matter but for international politics, there will be gigantic problems dealing with a world leader who can say one thing and act in the opposite within a fraction of a second.

The private face, public face thing is worrisome.

Beevee
10-15-2016, 03:43 PM
The private face, public face thing is worrisome.

I haven't noticed that there is any difference between the two faces.

Chris
10-15-2016, 03:44 PM
I haven't noticed that there is any difference between the two faces.

What, were you talking about the other two-faced candidate?

Peter1469
10-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Nationalism or globalism.

Simple if you were not a public school student.

Beevee
10-15-2016, 05:35 PM
What, were you talking about the other two-faced candidate?

Yes, it applies to both but only one of the candidates is perceived as a sexual predictor.

World politicians can live with her mendacity because they relate to it. I doubt that any one of them would be happy dealing with Trump, allegations proved or not.

Peter1469
10-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Hilary also raped women. It was all oral of course.

Beevee
10-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Hilary also raped women. It was all oral of course.

Are you one of those posters that call my posts a joke?

Chris
10-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Yes, it applies to both but only one of the candidates is perceived as a sexual predictor.

World politicians can live with her mendacity because they relate to it. I doubt that any one of them would be happy dealing with Trump, allegations proved or not.

Some perceive him that way.

I'm not so worried about other lying politicians dealing with hillary, I'm concerned with the people having to deal with her. You think this election cycle here in the US brought out the frustration of Americans with their government, wait till next--regardless who wins.

waltky
10-15-2016, 07:43 PM
Does it matter who wins?

Not really...

... both candidates are such sorry-assed excuses for politicians...

... it's likely nothing substantive will get done in the next 4-8 years.

Chris
10-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Does it matter who wins?

Not really...

... both candidates are such sorry-assed excuses for politicians...

... it's likely nothing substantive will get done in the next 4-8 years.

That depends, if Clinton wins but Reps keep Congress, or vice versa, little will get done. And, hey, that's a good thing!

Just AnotherPerson
10-15-2016, 10:15 PM

I think a lot of people do have concern, but just to have a voice that can be heard. There needs to be a new system that can make all voices heard equally. We should not be reduced to standing in piles in the street being beaten and pepper sprayed just trying to get our voices heard. We need some real changes. Humanity is better than this. I know it, I can feel it. Humans are mostly good and just want to live their life in peace. It is not the citizens who wish war and death on one another, we are herded like sheep to that point. If we believe the sheep herder how sad for us. Especially when we are just being led to the slaughter house.

Peter1469
10-16-2016, 01:58 AM
I think a lot of people do have concern, but just to have a voice that can be heard. There needs to be a new system that can make all voices heard equally. We should not be reduced to standing in piles in the street being beaten and pepper sprayed just trying to get our voices heard. We need some real changes. Humanity is better than this. I know it, I can feel it. Humans are mostly good and just want to live their life in peace. It is not the citizens who wish war and death on one another, we are herded like sheep to that point. If we believe the sheep herder how sad for us. Especially when we are just being led to the slaughter house.

That is the march towards globalism. The elites are going to have to break a lot of eggs to make that omelet.