PDA

View Full Version : tPF Green Arrow's 2016 Election Forecast

Green Arrow
10-19-2016, 01:43 PM
I feel it's close enough to the election for me to feel comfortable making a prediction on how it's going to shake-up. Keep in mind any of this is subject to change, anything can happen between now and Election Day. This is just what I feel is the most likely scenario at this stage, and it's based on polling and empirical study.

President:

Hillary Clinton (D) 46%, 333 electoral votes
Donald Trump (R) 39%, 205 electoral votes
Gary Johnson (L) 10%, 0 electoral votes
Jill Stein (G) 3%, 0 electoral votes
Evan McMullin (I) 1%, 0 electoral votes

Senate:

Republicans - 51 seats (42 safe, plus Toomey (PA), Blunt (MO), Burr (NC), Rubio (FL), Heck (NV), Boustany (LA), Paul (KY), Portman (OH), and Grassley (IA))
Democrats - 49 seats (44 safe, plus Bennet (CO), Duckworth (IL), Feingold (WI), Bayh (IN), Hassan (NH))

House:

Republicans - 230
Democrats - 205 (a few pick-ups)

Governors:

Republicans - 31 (2 losses, 2 pick-ups: New Hampshire and West Virginia)
Democrats - 18 (2 pick-ups, North Carolina and Indiana)

nathanbforrest45
10-19-2016, 02:50 PM
As much as I don't want to I think you may be right.

Cigar
10-19-2016, 02:57 PM
... and 4 more years of Obstruction, Congressional Investigations and Congress adding more Vacation days to their calendar.

In February, Version 2.0 of The GOP Autopsy

... then blame The Democrats for not getting anything done.

Bethere
10-19-2016, 02:58 PM
I feel it's close enough to the election for me to feel comfortable making a prediction on how it's going to shake-up. Keep in mind any of this is subject to change, anything can happen between now and Election Day. This is just what I feel is the most likely scenario at this stage, and it's based on polling and empirical study.

President:

Evan McMullin (I) 1%, 0 electoral votes

Senate:

Republicans - 51 seats (42 safe, plus Toomey (PA), Blunt (MO), Burr (NC), Rubio (FL), Heck (NV), Boustany (LA), Paul (KY), Portman (OH), and Grassley (IA))
Democrats - 49 seats (44 safe, plus Bennet (CO), Duckworth (IL), Feingold (WI), Bayh (IN), Hassan (NH))

House:

Republicans - 230
Democrats - 214 (22 pick-ups)

Governors:

Republicans - 31 (2 losses, 2 pick-ups: New Hampshire and West Virginia)
Democrats - 18 (2 pick-ups, North Carolina and Indiana)You have 9 more house seats than there actually are.

Cigar
10-19-2016, 02:58 PM
You have 9 more house seats than there actually are.

It's Rigged :laugh:

Green Arrow
10-19-2016, 03:22 PM
You have 9 more house seats than there actually are.

You are correct. My Congressional map wasn't cooperating so I had to count by hand.

Make it 230 Republican and 205 Dem.

nathanbforrest45
10-19-2016, 03:48 PM
... and 4 more years of Obstruction, Congressional Investigations and Congress adding more Vacation days to their calendar.

In February, Version 2.0 of The GOP Autopsy

... then blame The Democrats for not getting anything done.

Actually, its the tax and spend democrats who always want something done. I think most conservatives would be very content if nothing got done, no new laws passed, no new spending programs, just have the country survive for a change.

Boris The Animal
10-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Actually, its the tax and spend democrats who always want something done. I think most conservatives would be very content if nothing got done, no new laws passed, no new spending programs, just have the country survive for a change.
That plus with the Senate still under GOP control, the lying tw@t will have a tough time trying to stack the SCOTUS with radical Leftists.

Private Pickle
10-19-2016, 04:22 PM
The GOP and their constituents deserve exactly what they get on this one....

Common Sense
10-19-2016, 04:53 PM
While I agree with your assessment GA, I wish I could find the post where you guaranteed me Clinton wouldn't win the nomination of the presidency. ;)

Bethere
10-19-2016, 05:19 PM
That plus with the Senate still under GOP control, the lying tw@t will have a tough time trying to stack the SCOTUS with radical Leftists.
We don't need to stack the court. 4-4 has already stopped a steady stream of 50 years of Republican judicial activism.

I laugh, heartily.

Green Arrow
10-19-2016, 05:19 PM
While I agree with your assessment GA, I wish I could find the post where you guaranteed me Clinton wouldn't win the nomination of the presidency. ;)

Nobody is right 100% of the time. I'll settle for 95% ;)

nic34
10-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Agree with most, but not the Senate. Trending Dem.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/

Green Arrow
10-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Agree with most, but not the Senate. Trending Dem.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/senate/

I don't disagree. The polls are so close in Missouri, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and New Hampshire that they could go either way.

nathanbforrest45
10-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Nobody is right 100% of the time. I'll settle for 95% ;)

Even Rush Limbaugh only claims 98.7 percent right

nathanbforrest45
10-20-2016, 07:55 AM
If the Democrats take the White House and Congress you can kiss this country goodbye. We will be another Canada by the end of the decade.

Cigar
10-20-2016, 08:03 AM
If the Democrats take the White House and Congress you can kiss this country goodbye. We will be another Canada by the end of the decade.

Didn't you say that in 2008? :laugh:

Tahuyaman
10-20-2016, 09:14 AM

President:

Evan McMullin (I) 1%, 0 electoral votes)

I agree with that. I've said since the beginning that Clinton wins without receiving a majority of the popular vote.