PDA

View Full Version : Time to Stop Blaming Trump

Cigar
10-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Ultimately, he is what he is. It's awful, but he is genuinely who he is.

Instead, it's time to focus on those people who enabled him and who ultimately support most of his views and policies: the Republican Party.

The problem is not that all Republicans think the way this guy does.

The problem is that they’ve been riding this tiger for a long time.

They’ve been feeding their base all kinds of crazy for years, primarily for political expedience … -

~Pres. Barack Obama
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/obama-hits-gop-for-creating-trump-with-all-kinds-of-crazy.html

Beevee
10-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Strange how Mitch McConnell was so vociferous eight years ago but has taken a vacation in silence for the last two weeks.

First for the jailhouse. He started all of this and invented Donald Trump in the process.

AZ Jim
10-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Fuck Trump, fuck Cons, fuck republicans and fuck the tea party.

Cigar
10-21-2016, 02:34 PM
$#@! Trump, $#@! Cons, $#@! republicans and $#@! the tea party.

I think they're Feeling the F'cking they gave others ... Raw, Hard, Dry, Long and Deep :laugh: ... in front of a National Audience.

They won't be walking Upright for Years :grin:

Thank You Obama

Chris
10-21-2016, 02:38 PM
That was astute.

Trump, and Clinton, are the result of failed politics. Reps, dissatisfied with their party, nominated an outsider. Dems, dissatisfied with theirs, but remembering winning last time, nominated an insider. They both look to a single politician and his or her promises to solve everything. In desperation they selected the two worst possible candidates. Either of which will fail. But will voters see that it's the system, the politics, that's failing?

Cigar
10-21-2016, 02:42 PM
That was astute.

Trump, and Clinton, are the result of failed politics. Reps, dissatisfied with their party, nominated an outsider. Dems, dissatisfied with theirs, but remembering winning last time, nominated an insider. They both look to a single politician and his or her promises to solve everything. In desperation they selected the two worst possible candidates. Either of which will fail. But will voters see that it's the system, the politics, that's failing?

People Fail; they Voted for the System

Beevee
10-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Perhaps it should start with a six week campaign for election instead of two years. Then people could concentrate on what is important in their lives instead of having politics rammed down their throats 24/7/730

Chris
10-21-2016, 02:50 PM
People Fail; they Voted for the System

Bottom line, yes. Or at least they sanction it. I don't recall ever an opportunity to vote for the system.

Cigar
10-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Bottom line, yes. Or at least they sanction it. I don't recall ever an opportunity to vote for the system.

I've never once in my entire life participated in a Political Poll Question

Chris
10-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Perhaps it should start with a six week campaign for election instead of two years. Then people could concentrate on what is important in their lives instead of having politics rammed down their throats 24/7/730

Agree with the idea there. Not sure restricting campaigns would do that as most politicians campaign in office. What might work is restricting the time politicians spend in the capital, to, say, 6 weeks, at least the law making part of each branch. Reducing the size and reach of the government would help but that is probably too radical an idea.

The problem is we have grown too dependent on the goverment.

Cigar
10-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Agree with the idea there. Not sure restricting campaigns would do that as most politicians campaign in office. What might work is restricting the time politicians spend in the capital, to, say, 6 weeks, at least the law making part of each branch. Reducing the size and reach of the government would help but that is probably too radical an idea.

The problem is we have grown too dependent on the goverment.

We depend on someone fighting stupid wars ... I know I'm not going.

Chris
10-21-2016, 02:56 PM
I've never once in my entire life participated in a Political Poll Question

A pollster calls I say you're soliciting, and as they begin to say no-- I say take me off your call list, I'm not buying.

But I was replying to your comment about voting for the system. Did I miss something? Were we ever asked to vote for it?

Cigar
10-21-2016, 02:57 PM
A pollster calls I say you're soliciting, and as they begin to say no-- I say take me off your call list, I'm not buying.

But I was replying to your comment about voting for the system. Did I miss something? Were we ever asked to vote for it?

I just would like to tell them exactly what I think, once!

Chris
10-21-2016, 02:59 PM
We depend on someone fighting stupid wars ... I know I'm not going.

You need to fight wars to build a patriotic spirit for supporting the government. I was reading last night about how Republicans were against taxation until after the War of 1812 they saw how spirited the people had become, and compliant, and willing to give.

Chris
10-21-2016, 03:00 PM
I just would like to tell them exactly what I think, once!

Ever read Kafka's The Castle? That's what K wanted to do.

Beevee
10-21-2016, 03:04 PM
I have a question that has nothing to do with this thread but I would like a response nevertheless.
Are the early votes being counted already or are they held until 11/8?

Cigar
10-21-2016, 03:08 PM
I have a question that has nothing to do with this thread but I would like a response nevertheless.
Are the early votes being counted already or are they held until 11/8?

I think they get held

Chris
10-21-2016, 03:17 PM
I think they get held

Yes, held. Have to be so they don't influence subsequent voting. Just like results can't be released before polls close election day.

What I read about though are predictions based on requests for ballots for early voting, party affiliation is known, so if more Dems in, say, Florida request it, then that's taken as a sign the Dem candidate is favored.

Beevee
10-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the input