PDA

View Full Version : russia and the election

suds00
10-22-2016, 01:57 PM
russia asked for the right to monitor the election and was turned down. i wonder what they are up to?

AZ Jim
10-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Fuck Russia, I for one am sick of them playing with our election.

hanger4
10-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Fuck Russia, I for one am sick of them playing with our election.

Truth to power sucs when you're on the wrong end don't it AZ ??

AZ Jim
10-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Truth to power sucs when you're on the wrong end don't it AZ ??@hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403) still following me around hoping I'll pat you on the head or show some other sign of respecting you? It isn't going to happy, skippy.

hanger4
10-22-2016, 02:54 PM
@hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403) still following me around hoping I'll pat you on the head or show some other sign of respecting you? It's isn't going to happy, skippy.
AZ Jim still whining when someone responds to his posts with words he can't refute.

Go find an echo chamber curmudgeon.

TrueBlue
10-22-2016, 05:03 PM
russia asked for the right to monitor the election and was turned down. i wonder what they are up to?
Were they talking about OUR election? If so, they're dreaming! Why should the ones that have been called on the carpet for being involved in the first place in favor of Trump be allowed to monitor it? That's tantamount to having the fox guard the hen house. No Deal, Russia! Just forget it ain't gonna happen.

Blue Dog
10-22-2016, 05:56 PM
The strategy of the Clinton campaign and the Progressive Left to discredit the incredibly damaging information coming out of WikiLeaks is to say that it is a Russian hack meant to influence the elections in the United States. This is a false narrative spin and we now have indisputable truth to prove it.
In a posting on his website that is being picked up by social media, former UK Ambassador and human rights activist Craig Murray, who has established a rapport with WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange, states in no uncertain terms that the information about Clinton and her team coming from WikiLeaks is not coming from Russia.Further, he explains why the information isn’t a product of a computer hack. His statement destroys Hillary Clinton’s pathetic defense of her criminal activities.

With just 18 days left until the 2016 General Election, the information coming out of WikiLeaks, if properly covered in the media – mainstream, new and social – and explained to the voting population, will devastate Clinton’s campaign. It is information that proves crimes, collusion and corruption in and throughout the Clinton team and the Democrat Party.

“I left Julian after midnight,” Murray said in a statement. “I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that it is not any Russian state actor or proxy that gave the Democrat National Committee and Podesta material to WikiLeaks. The claim is nonsense. Journalists are also publishing that these were obtained by ‘hacking’ with no evidence that this was the method used to obtain them.”

This is bombshell information that proves both the legitimacy of the WikiLeaks emails and that the Russians had absolutely nothing to do with the exposure of the information. Murray’s statement demolishes the spin of the Clinton campaign used to deflect from the fact they have engaged in unethical and criminal activity.
Murray called the manipulation of and collusion with the Democrat Party machinery by the Clinton team to be “a matter of great public interest.” He characterized the coordinated efforts against the Sanders campaign as “deliberate” and “unfair,” declaring that they were meant – exclusively – to ensure Clinton’s victory over.
Addressing the attempts to scapegoat the Russians for a “hack,” Murray said that from the mainstream media on up to the Oval Office, attempts to “divert attention” from the unethical and criminal acts executed by the Clinton campaign and the Democrat Party, repeated ad nauseum without any investigation, is a disgrace.

Calling the notion that we must automatically “pretend Hillary Clinton is a saint” emetic – defined as causing someone to vomit, Murry said WikiLeaks has done a “great service” by making plain the collusive and unethical relationship between the Clintons and the huge-money political influencers of Wall Street.
But Murray wasn’t done opening the eyes of the public to the deceptive practices of both the Clintons and the mainstream media. He explained that the information WikiLeaks has published doesn’t emanate from a “hack,” as has been contended.
“The key point is that WikiLeaks is a publisher. It is a vehicle for publishing leaks, and is much more of a vehicle for whistleblowers than for hackers,” Murray explained. “It does not originate the material.”

This means that the information WikiLeaks is publishing is coming from inside the Democrat/Clinton apparatus! The emails being provided to WikiLeaks about the Clintons, the Democrat National Committee and the Obama Administration are coming from a leak inside the Clinton machine!

I have no doubt that the mainstream media will continue to tout the false narrative being shopped by the Clintons and their sycophant operatives that this information is courtesy of a Russian hack. But if enough of us make an effort to get this information to the public, their deflections will fail and Hillary Clinton’s campaign will be fatally wounded.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:01 PM
The word of some guy is "indisputable proof"? Oh, OK...

Beevee
10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
An interesting observation by Blue Dog

Is this all your own work or a cut and paste?

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:20 PM
An interesting observation by Blue Dog

Is this all your own work or a cut and paste?

I found it on this bastion of intelligence and class...

http://www.angrypatriotmovement.com/uk-ambassador-comes-forward/

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Russia has zero to do with US election

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Russia has zero to do with US election

Except for the fact that several US intelligence agencies claim otherwise. But clearly you know more than they do.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Except for the fact that several US intelligence agencies claim otherwise. But clearly you know more than they do.

Do elaborate on that please.Since you brought it up.
If you do not,well...You Fail.Plain and simple.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Do elaborate on that please.Since you brought it up.
If you do not,well...You Fail.Plain and simple.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/07/us-accuses-russia-hacking-political-sites.html

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/10/19/ric-grenell-russia-always-meddles-in-our-elections-here-s-latest-twist.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/us-formally-accuses-russia-of-stealing-dnc-emails.html?_r=0

http://time.com/4512771/how-russia-wants-undermine-us-election/

decedent
10-22-2016, 06:39 PM
The strategy of the Clinton campaign and the Progressive Left to discredit the incredibly damaging information coming out of WikiLeaks is to say that it is a Russian hack meant to influence the elections in the United States. This is a false narrative spin and we now have indisputable truth to prove it.
In a posting on his website that is being picked up by social media, former UK Ambassador and human rights activist Craig Murray, who has established a rapport with WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange, states in no uncertain terms that the information about Clinton and her team coming from WikiLeaks is not coming from Russia.Further, he explains why the information isn’t a product of a computer hack. His statement destroys Hillary Clinton’s pathetic defense of her criminal activities.

With just 18 days left until the 2016 General Election, the information coming out of WikiLeaks, if properly covered in the media – mainstream, new and social – and explained to the voting population, will devastate Clinton’s campaign. It is information that proves crimes, collusion and corruption in and throughout the Clinton team and the Democrat Party.

“I left Julian after midnight,” Murray said in a statement. “I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that it is not any Russian state actor or proxy that gave the Democrat National Committee and Podesta material to WikiLeaks. The claim is nonsense. Journalists are also publishing that these were obtained by ‘hacking’ with no evidence that this was the method used to obtain them.”

This is bombshell information that proves both the legitimacy of the WikiLeaks emails and that the Russians had absolutely nothing to do with the exposure of the information. Murray’s statement demolishes the spin of the Clinton campaign used to deflect from the fact they have engaged in unethical and criminal activity.
Murray called the manipulation of and collusion with the Democrat Party machinery by the Clinton team to be “a matter of great public interest.” He characterized the coordinated efforts against the Sanders campaign as “deliberate” and “unfair,” declaring that they were meant – exclusively – to ensure Clinton’s victory over.
Addressing the attempts to scapegoat the Russians for a “hack,” Murray said that from the mainstream media on up to the Oval Office, attempts to “divert attention” from the unethical and criminal acts executed by the Clinton campaign and the Democrat Party, repeated ad nauseum without any investigation, is a disgrace.

Calling the notion that we must automatically “pretend Hillary Clinton is a saint” emetic – defined as causing someone to vomit, Murry said WikiLeaks has done a “great service” by making plain the collusive and unethical relationship between the Clintons and the huge-money political influencers of Wall Street.
But Murray wasn’t done opening the eyes of the public to the deceptive practices of both the Clintons and the mainstream media. He explained that the information WikiLeaks has published doesn’t emanate from a “hack,” as has been contended.
“The key point is that WikiLeaks is a publisher. It is a vehicle for publishing leaks, and is much more of a vehicle for whistleblowers than for hackers,” Murray explained. “It does not originate the material.”

This means that the information WikiLeaks is publishing is coming from inside the Democrat/Clinton apparatus! The emails being provided to WikiLeaks about the Clintons, the Democrat National Committee and the Obama Administration are coming from a leak inside the Clinton machine!

I have no doubt that the mainstream media will continue to tout the false narrative being shopped by the Clintons and their sycophant operatives that this information is courtesy of a Russian hack. But if enough of us make an effort to get this information to the public, their deflections will fail and Hillary Clinton’s campaign will be fatally wounded.

Welcome to the site. You need to cite your sources or it's plagiarism. You should also not post entire articles since that's a copyright issue.

AZ Jim

Oh Goodie, another "new" poster!!

MRogersNhood
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/07/us-accuses-russia-hacking-political-sites.html

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/10/19/ric-grenell-russia-always-meddles-in-our-elections-here-s-latest-twist.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/us-formally-accuses-russia-of-stealing-dnc-emails.html?_r=0

Let me get this straight:You believe Russia has the power to meddle in US elections,no?
They've been doing it like..forever,no?

:rofllmfao:

Ethereal
10-22-2016, 06:40 PM

Why do you put so much stake in corporate propaganda?

Ethereal
10-22-2016, 06:43 PM
So US intelligence and Fox News = Credible, not propaganda.

Russian intelligence and Russian Times = Not credible, propaganda.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Let me get this straight:You believe Russia has the power to meddle in US elections,no?
They've been doing it like..forever,no?

:rofllmfao:

Yeah, don't bother clicking any of the links. Just, as you say, "Fail.Plain and simple.".

hanger4
10-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Oh Goodie, another "new" poster!!

So were you.

As far as I'm concerned you're still a noob. And could care less.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:45 PM
So US intelligence and Fox News = Credible, not propaganda.

Russian intelligence and Russian Times = Not credible, propaganda.

I freely admit that western media is influenced by western governments. However if you think it's anything like the direct control that the Kremlin has over propaganda outlets like Sputnik and RT, you are mistaken.

Common Sense
So were you.

As far as I'm concerned you're still a noob. And could careless.

Care less...not careless...

MRogersNhood
The mistakeness on 11/9 will be delicious.

Ethereal
10-22-2016, 06:47 PM
I freely admit that western media is influenced by western governments. However if you think it's anything like the direct control that the Kremlin has over propaganda outlets like Sputnik and RT, you are mistaken.

The simple solution to this conundrum is to examine the content on its evidentiary and logical merits.

Mister D
10-22-2016, 06:49 PM
I have to admit Common Sense that your position is a remarkably inconsistent one. You acknowledge that liberal regimes produce propaganda designed for your consumption but in practical terms you appear to take what Western media outlets say as unbiased and truthful.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:51 PM
The mistakeness on 11/9 will be delicious.

Oh yes, the "mistakeness" will be a blast.

decedent
10-22-2016, 06:51 PM

They want to destabilize the US by making people think the election is rigged.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 06:53 PM
I have to admit @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) that your position is a remarkably inconsistent one. You acknowledge that liberal regimes produce propaganda designed for your consumption but in practical terms you appear to take what Western media outlets say as unbiased and truthful.

Not completely unbiased...I freely admit that. But were comparing product placement to an infomercial.

I do contend that western media, while often influenced by government, is not the same as some Russian media that is strictly controlled by government.

Mister D
10-22-2016, 06:57 PM
They want to destabilize the US by making people think the election is rigged.

Aren't they the ones who insist US police forces are running amok killing hapless Negroes? Oh wait...

Mister D
10-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Not completely unbiased...I freely admit that. But were comparing product placement to an infomercial.

I do contend that western media, while often influenced by government, is not the same as some Russian media that is strictly controlled by government.

Liberal regimes are just more sophisticated or have a softer approach at any rate. That Western media exaggerates a largely fictional Russian threat seems obvious to anyone who isn't committed to an anti-Russian position.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Attention:All BS posters on the left-wing side of things.
You are in for a rude awakening come Nov 9th.
Get ready to deal with it.
Yes your safe space will be violated by reality.
I'm sorry if it causes you anguish but I cannot be that sympathetic.Deal with it.
That is how it will be.
Thus is my prediction.

exploited
10-22-2016, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry if it causes you anguish but I cannot be that sympathetic.Deal with it.
That is how it will be.
Thus is my prediction.

Adorable. Be sure to check back here November 9th.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Liberal regimes are just more sophisticated or have a softer approach at any rate. That Western media exaggerates a largely fictional Russian threat seems obvious to anyone who isn't committed to an anti-Russian position.

That may be true to an extent. Certainly the propaganda perpetrated by the west is far more sophisticated and not as patently transparent as Russia's.

The threat of Russia has certainly been exaggerated by some on the right as of late with the claims that a Clinton presidency will bring about a nuclear conflict with Russia.

I'm certainly not anti Russian, I am anti Putin though. The allegations and the evidence of his wrongdoings is fairly conclusive.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Adorable. Be sure to check back here November 9th.

Will do captain.Internet left wing trolls do not a majority of America make.
You might get paid,but real people are real people.Believe that.
Left-wing trolls make up less than 30% of voters.

exploited
10-22-2016, 07:09 PM

To be fair, RT is still propaganda. A far more traditional definition of propaganda, actually, being state-owned and controlled by Putin's press ministers.

I agree with what you are saying in general though.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:09 PM
That is how it will be.
Thus is my prediction.

You're certainly no Amazing Kreskin.

I hope you take your own advice when you're prediction doesn't come true.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:10 PM

Lol...paid? Take off the tinfoil hat...

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:10 PM
This guy is awesome...a great Mac replacement.

exploited
10-22-2016, 07:11 PM

Obama said that if I posted here, he'd get me a new cellphone. He did, but it was a Note 7, so I'm kind of afraid to use it.

MRogersNhood
You're certainly no Amazing Kreskin.

I hope you take your own advice when you're prediction doesn't come true.
Go away Canuck.Tell me more what business you have in America?

Common Sense

Is that you Mac?

exploited
10-22-2016, 07:12 PM
Is that you Mac?

Haha amazing.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:12 PM
Is that you Mac?

Seriously man.What's the temp there?
What business do you have with America?
Can you own a .303? I do :P

Ethereal
10-22-2016, 07:13 PM
I have to admit @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) that your position is a remarkably inconsistent one. You acknowledge that liberal regimes produce propaganda designed for your consumption but in practical terms you appear to take what Western media outlets say as unbiased and truthful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbpOzZzbwHE

Noam Chomsky doing an interview on RT.

Leftist heads to explode shortly.

hanger4
10-22-2016, 07:13 PM
This guy is awesome...a great Mac replacement.

Oh joy !!

exploited
10-22-2016, 07:14 PM

Yes, he can own a .303.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Obama said that if I posted here, he'd get me a new cellphone. He did, but it was a Note 7, so I'm kind of afraid to use it.

I reckon you got you a new Obamaphone then.
Myself ;I got me a Lee Enfield #1 Mark 3 baby
I may be about to discharge a round here in a minute.Just because I can.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:16 PM

It's a little chilly tonight. Mid 40's.

I've explained this to several people before. Are you really going to make me do it again?

First off, this is a message board, we are not influencing policy. It's entertainment.

Second, the politics of the US has a direct impact on me, my friends and family that live in the US and the world.

Lastly, this is an international board and all are free to give their opinions.

You are free to ignore me or engage me. Either suits me.

Oh and yes I do own several firearms.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:17 PM
PA-DOW!

Yeah.Not the stealthiest of rounds.
Now i gotta clean with acetone.oy vey.
I should really get some non-corrosive ammo.Yet i have 800 rounds of what I have

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:20 PM

Enjoy your British rifle. It was most likely made in India.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:22 PM
It's a little chilly tonight. Mid 40's.

I've explained this to several people before. Are you really going to make me do it again?

First off, this is a message board, we are not influencing policy. It's entertainment.

Second, the politics of the US has a direct impact on me, my friends and family that live in the US and the world.

Lastly, this is an international board and all are free to give their opinions.

You are free to ignore me or engage me. Either suits me.

Oh and yes I do own several firearms.
Name them within the next 2 minutes.

decedent
10-22-2016, 07:22 PM
That is how it will be.
Thus is my prediction.

Totes adorbs.

Ethereal
10-22-2016, 07:24 PM
A lot of RT's content is simply giving voice to the west's own internal critics and skeptics, people like Glenn Greenwald, Edward Snowden, Noam Chomsky, Seymour Hersh, Daniel Ellsberg, etc. And it's often necessary because these voices have been increasingly marginalized within mainstream western media. From my perspective, it's simply one source of several that serves to balance out the competing narratives. Categorically dismissing it because it is Russia is the definition of narrow-minded and prejudiced.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Totes adorbs.

Is there an English translation for that? I'd settle for Spanish.
Do you really deserve to have the Gipper for an avatar?

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:25 PM
zClock is ticking on firearm naming.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Name them within the next 2 minutes.

I have a cheap Chinese made Norinco AR, a CZ 9mm, a Springfield 1911, a Benelli 12 gauge and my latest is Kel tec sub 2000. Fun little gun to shoot. My father has far more guns than I do.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:28 PM
zClock is ticking on firearm naming.

Are you that ignorant that you're unaware that Canadians can own firearms?

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:29 PM
I have a cheap Chinese made AR, a CZ 9mm, a Springfield 1911, a Benelli 12 gauge and my latest is Kel tec sub 2000. Fun little gun to shoot. My father has far more guns than I do.

Why is it that everyone else in Canuckistan cannot have guns? Hmm Do tell me more.
Nevermind,I was mistaken.
You wish you had .303 powah though :P

exploited
10-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Common Sense - well, we fed the troll. Shame on us.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:32 PM
Why is it that everyone else in Canuckistan cannot have guns? Hmm Do tell me more.
Nevermind,I was mistaken.
You wish you had .303 powah though :P

My buddy has Lee Enfield. Thing is ancient though...he's never fired it.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:32 PM
@Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) - well, we fed the troll. Shame on us.

Well you have no ammo.Get ready to get owned.
Not on my account by any means;just because you suck and have no ammo.

Beevee
10-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Is that you Mac?

If it is Mac he has managed to reach the bottom of his street unaided.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Well you have no ammo.Get ready to get owned.
Not on my account by any means;just because you suck and have no ammo.

Lulz, get owned? By who?

Yes, I have ammunition.

You should educate yourself a bit. That way you wont look so ignorant and ill-informed. Just some friendly advice.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFYVOTqe4z4

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Lulz, get owned? By who?

Yes, I have ammunition.

You should educate yourself a bit. That way you wont look so ignorant and ill-informed. Just some friendly advice.
Tell me more about what ammo you have.Meanwhile;I'll be laughing.
:afro:

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Tell me more about what ammo you have.Meanwhile;I'll be laughing. :icon_sunny

I'm done humouring you.

If you don't think Canadians can own firearms or possess ammunition then you are out of your depth. It simply illustrates your ignorance.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 07:57 PM
That is not the story I got from my Canuckian friends.
They said the government rounded up all the weapons.]
Show me a pic? I'll Show you a .303
Not that that's something I wish to go out of my way to do.
I have many other guns in many other calibers.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 07:59 PM
That is not the story I got from my Canuckian friends.
They said the government rounded up all the weapons.

Well they are wrong.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I guess they just missed my house.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 08:00 PM
http://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/

https://gun-shop.ca/

http://www.thegunroom.ca/

http://www.firearmscanada.com/resources/gun-dealers/

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 08:01 PM
http://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/

https://gun-shop.ca/

http://www.thegunroom.ca/

http://www.firearmscanada.com/resources/gun-dealers/

Zero of that is you.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Zero of that is you.

That is correct. I do not own any of those gun stores.

MRogersNhood
10-22-2016, 08:09 PM
That is correct. I do not own any of those gun stores.

I get it now.

valley ranch
10-22-2016, 09:39 PM
ALERT – UK Ambassador Comes Forward to EXPOSE Hillary’s Sick Debate Lie, Trump Was RIGHT!

http://www.angrypatriotmovement.com/uk-ambassador-comes-forward/

Mister D
10-22-2016, 10:15 PM
Are you that ignorant that you're unaware that Canadians can own firearms?

Per capita firearms onwership is actually higher if I'm not mistake?

Mister D
10-22-2016, 10:17 PM
My buddy has Lee Enfield. Thing is ancient though...he's never fired it.

I would love a circa W1 Lee Enfield. And a Lebel. And a Mauser.

Common Sense
10-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Per capita firearms onwership is actually higher if I'm not mistake?

It's not really clear. Technically per capita gun ownership is much higher in the US with Canada having around 30 guns per 100 residents and the US having over 100 per resident. But that may just mean the average American gun owner just owns more guns than the average Canadian gun owner.

Dr. Who
10-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Just an FYI - all nationalities are welcome on this forum.

MRogersNhood
10-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Just an FYI - all nationalities are welcome on this forum.

However they do not have a stake or a say or a vote in the American election.

MRogersNhood
10-23-2016, 06:46 AM
I would love a circa W1 Lee Enfield. And a Lebel. And a Mauser.

I have 2/3 of that. :D

suds00
10-23-2016, 07:50 AM
one has to wonder re.trump's connection to putin.

hanger4
10-23-2016, 08:16 AM

So what ?? They have an opinion. That's what forums are all about, at least this forum.

MRogersNhood
10-23-2016, 08:47 AM
I have a cheap Chinese made Norinco AR, a CZ 9mm, a Springfield 1911, a Benelli 12 gauge and my latest is Kel tec sub 2000. Fun little gun to shoot. My father has far more guns than I do.
What is your sub 2000 chambered in?

Beevee
10-23-2016, 08:56 AM

You would be correct in stating that foreigners do not have a stack in an American election if the US was not interested in meddling in foreign affairs. But it is and therefore so are we.

Dr. Who
10-23-2016, 12:45 PM
They can discuss the election like any other member. Everyone has an opinion.

MRogersNhood
10-23-2016, 12:48 PM

Absolutely.
You know what they say about opinions,right?

Newpublius
10-23-2016, 12:48 PM

They can and we can still have the opinion that its indicative of a disproportionate interest, that is, frankly, weird.

Dr. Who
10-23-2016, 01:01 PM
They can and we can still have the opinion that its indicative of a disproportionate interest, that is, frankly, weird.
Not weird if you consider America's role in the world and its geopolitical and economic impact.

Newpublius
10-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Not weird if you consider America's role in the world and its geopolitical and economic impact.

Its even beyond that though.

Dr. Who
10-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Its even beyond that though.
I'm afraid the details of the Presidential election is carried around the world. People are watching the entire process from beginning to end on CNN. I'm afraid this election in particular is attracting even more interest than usual given the leading candidates. It's a bit of a spectacle.

Newpublius
10-23-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm afraid the details of the Presidential election is carried around the world. People are watching the entire process from beginning to end on CNN. I'm afraid this election in particular is attracting even more interest than usual given the leading candidates. It's a bit of a spectacle.

True and I actually read Deutsche Welle online, in German, and the story registers, but not remotely as in depth as it does here and even beyond the Iraq/Afghanistan/NATO/NAFTA issues which a Canadian would naturally be interested in.

Blue Dog
10-23-2016, 05:12 PM
In fact, China is most likely the culprit. Heather Samuelson was one of the Clinton aides who sifted through the private email server used during Clinton's tenure at the State Department, and helped decide which would be designated as personal messages and which were work-related. That's when the potential Chinese hacks may have taken place, because she used two laptops made by Lenovo, a company with ties to the Chinese government that has sold laptops for years with malware pre-installed on the computer.

State Department officials have been banned from using Lenovos since 2006. In 2015, the company admitted to installing a program called "Superfish" on 43 different computer models, "specifically the models used by Heather Samuelson for reviewing classified emails," as Goodlatte emphasized.

Lenovo started installing Superfish in 2010, according to the Department of Homeland Security. The program is designed to place ads on users' computers, but it could easily be used by hackers to attack a computer remotely. "Websites, such as banking and email, can be spoofed without a warning from the browser," the DHS warned in February 2015.

Samuelson sorted through the emails in 2014, before Lenovo was caught installing the malware.

AZ Jim
10-23-2016, 05:24 PM
If there exists a country somewhere that can't be affected by our Presidential decision I'd like to know which it would be and I'll send them a transistor radio. As to Canada, they are our closest kin and may of them are ex-patriots or have family here.

Newpublius
10-23-2016, 05:32 PM
If there exists a country somewhere that can't be affected by our Presidential decision I'd like to know which it would be and I'll send them a transistor radio. As to Canada, they are our closest kin and may of them are ex-patriots or have family here.

An ex-patriot is a former patriot or Aaron Hernandez. The word you're looking for is expatriate, an American living in Canada.

Peter1469
10-23-2016, 05:41 PM
All of this soul searching over the source of the leaks is convenient to get the sheep to forget the substance of the leaks......

The hard left and the media, sorry to repeat myself, agree.

TrueBlue
10-24-2016, 11:49 AM
You need to read these stellar and factual reports real carefully.

How Putin Weaponized Wikileaks to Influence the Election of an American President
By Patrick Tucker

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2016/07/how-putin-weaponized-wikileaks-influence-election-american-president/130163/

The Donald Trump Russia Connection: 5 Facts You Should Know About Candidate's Possible Ties To Putin
By Jonathan Vankin

http://www.inquisitr.com/3342943/donald-trump-russia-connection/

suds00
10-24-2016, 04:38 PM
walking through a group of russian poll watchers might intimidate some voters

MRogersNhood
10-24-2016, 05:27 PM

Apparently you as a Canuckian seem to have the higher authority.
At least in your opinion,anyways.