PDA

View Full Version : Top Hispanic Republican in Texas says he will vote for Clinton

Cigar
10-25-2016, 08:26 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/75/0e/05/750e05e0a895d24112715dfdf3d3fce5.jpg (https://www.pinterest.com/scunninghamR9/stars-of-staar-ushs/)

A leading Hispanic Republican in Texas says he has decided to vote for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Lionel Sosa, a veteran ad maker from San Antonio, told The Texas Tribune on Monday he will cast his ballot for Clinton to send a "clear statement" against Republican nominee Donald Trump's candidacy.

"I want to make sure that I do everything I can to see that Trump doesnít get elected," said Sosa, who has worked for Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush. "I'm doing this because I don't think he's a good representative of the Republican Party. It's not the Republican Party I know." .................

"If I vote for Gary Johnson, itís not enough of a statement," said Sosa, who had been helping Johnson on a volunteer basis. "I must make a statement that Donald Trump cannot win."
Sosa's decision to vote for Clinton comes as the presidential race looks unusually tight in reliably red Texas. She has trailed Trump by 4 points or less in the last three public polls released in the Lone Star State.

Read more: https://www.texastribune.org/2016/10/24/top-hispanic-republican-texas-will-vote-clinton/

MRogersNhood
10-25-2016, 08:32 AM
He loves the Good Ol' boy Party that much,aye?

Forget what's good for Americans because:Partisan Politics,right?

TrueBlue
10-25-2016, 09:29 AM
It is quite obvious that he finds Trump's agenda not congruent with his goals and beliefs as a Republican and that is very telling and speaks volumes about Trump's agenda. Good for Mr. Sosa! He is doing the right thing.

MRogersNhood
10-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Perhaps he finds Trump's agenda good for the people and bad for the entrenched government leeches he supports.

TrueBlue
10-25-2016, 09:53 AM
Perhaps he finds Trump's agenda good for the people and bad for the entrenched government leeches he supports.
I think not. The man is obviously smart and knows when to cut ties with Trump!

MRogersNhood
10-25-2016, 09:55 AM
I think not. The man is obviously smart and knows when to cut ties with Trump!

He may have been compensated as well.

Cigar
10-25-2016, 10:02 AM

You're painting a really broad brush

Cigar
10-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Clinton Campaign Touts 99 Percent Increase In Latino Early Voting In Florida

Source: Talking Points Memo

Hillary Clinton's campaign is touting an "unprecedented" rate of early voting among Latino voters in Florida, citing a 99 percent increase from 2012 in the number of ballots cast so far.

According to a report put out by the campaign Monday, more than 133,000 Florida Latinos have already voted. Josť Dante Parra, a former senior adviser to then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and a Democratic strategist, said that the figure was "significant for many reasons."

"Minorities in general tend not to vote until Election Day," Parra told TPM. "The fact that people are turning out earlier tells you that people are more attuned to the election and everything that’s happening."

Avi Green, former executive director of voting rights organization MassVOTE, told TPM via email that the Clinton campaign's number could indicate a "backlash surge" against Republican efforts to strengthen voting restrictions, including attempts to limit early voting.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clinton-increase-florida-latino-early-voting

ripmeister
10-25-2016, 02:46 PM
He loves the Good Ol' boy Party that much,aye?

Forget what's good for Americans because:Partisan Politics,right?

Some would say what he loves is our country and sees the need to put that first.

MRogersNhood
10-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Some would say what he loves is our country and sees the need to put that first.

Riiight.

bdtex
10-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Outstanding!