PDA

View Full Version : My Liberal Friends: If Trump Wins, Will You Enthusiastically Help His Agenda?

DGUtley
10-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Ok, my liberal friends, I know it's not going to happen. It's a foregone conclusion, Cankles will win and the country will slide into the abyss of left-wing policies and apocalyptic liberal rulings. Hypothetically, though (again, remember, it's not going to happen so don't hyperventilate), if Trump pulls this out -- (like when despite a 2 or 3 TD dog, the Buckeyes beat Bama in the 2015 Sugar Bowl and/or the CAVS faced a 1% chance of winning the NBA finals down 3-1 to the GOAT) -- will you Clintonkins enthusiastically get behind the Trump agenda? I mean, you have railed against it, I presume you believe in your bleeding heart of hearts that it's terrible. However, remember, you've spent 8 years decrying our unwillingness to help Obama destroy the country (either literally or figuratively). So, I'm curious, if in the wildest of wildest fantasies (impossible I'm sure) where Trump wins, will you step in line and help him fulfill all of his agenda items? I know that you are far more principled than us deplorables, and I presume you'll adhere to your 8-year complaint and jump lock-step in line with Trump's agenda. Will you? Or.... will you (because you in your heart of hearts believe it'll destroy the country (either literally or figuratively) do all you can do to obstruct his agenda?

I anxiously await your replies.

exploited
10-25-2016, 01:12 PM
I believe the argument was over obstructionism in Congress, not on political message boards, was it not?

nathanbforrest45
10-25-2016, 01:14 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Excellent deflection exploited, absolutely brilliant.

DGUtley
10-25-2016, 01:16 PM
I believe the argument was over obstructionism in Congress, not on political message boards, was it not?

Ok, I'll play your deflection game. The 2010 Congress reacted to us. At least temporarily. Will you write your liberal congress people and demand that they enact Trump's agenda? To further your objection to our encouragement of ours not to enact Obama's agenda?

AZ Jim
10-25-2016, 01:22 PM
I will do exactly as I choose to do. I won't even entertain the notion that the entire country is as rudderless as the cons on this board. It ain't happening. I wanna watch the Trump ego get stomped on. I will respect the office of the President but not the President. I will do exactly as the republicans have done for 8 years. Resist all aid to Trump.

exploited
10-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Ok, I'll play your deflection game. The 2010 Congress reacted to us. At least temporarily. Will you write your liberal congress people and demand that they enact Trump's agenda? To further your objection to our encouragement of ours not to enact Obama's agenda?

It isn't a deflection. It gets right to the heart of your theoretical. Anyways...

I would write my Congressman to ask that he pursue an agenda supported by the majority of people in his district. In fact, that is all I ask of anyone in Congress. If that means obstructing Trump, so be it. If that means going along with him because the constituents and Trump have common interests, so be it. They are supposed to be representatives, not "leaders."

JDubya
10-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Hell no.

Why should we? I think the words "a taste of your own medicine" would apply here.

And the comment about obstructionism in Congress was spot on. Nobody on the left ever expected rank & file contards to get behind Obama's agenda. What is expected though, is that compromise is not treated as a dirty word or as some kind of heresy or sacrilege punishable by political death, the way the extremist, teabagger right did.

So, however the more sane, rational and civilized Democrats in Congress would choose to deal with a hypothetical President Trump, which would probably be much more reasonable than the Repukes ever dealt with Obama, I and probably most other everyday libs would continue to oppose him tooth and nail on every right-wing hammerhead stance he would hypothetically take.

DGUtley
10-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Hell no. Why should we? I think the words "a taste of your own medicine" would apply here. And the comment about obstructionism in Congress was spot on. Nobody on the left ever expected rank & file contards to get behind Obama's agenda. What is expected though, is that compromise is not treated as a dirty word or as some kind of heresy or sacrilege punishable by political death, the way the extremist, teabagger right did. So, however the more sane, rational and civilized Democrats in Congress would choose to deal with a hypothetical President Trump, which would probably be much more reasonable than the Repukes ever dealt with Obama, I and probably most other everyday libs woupd continue to oppose him tooth and nail on every right-wing hammerhead stance he would hypothetically take.

Isn't that funny -- I could've written what I expected you to write almost verbatim. Sadly, you didn't disappoint. Your acumen and depth are stunning.

Green Arrow
10-25-2016, 01:59 PM
If Trump wins, I will show his office respect, call him Mr. President, and work toward defeating him in 2020.

I will not do anything to promote his agenda.

Green Arrow
10-25-2016, 02:01 PM
Hell no.

Why should we? I think the words "a taste of your own medicine" would apply here.

And the comment about obstructionism in Congress was spot on. Nobody on the left ever expected rank & file contards to get behind Obama's agenda. What is expected though, is that compromise is not treated as a dirty word or as some kind of heresy or sacrilege punishable by political death, the way the extremist, teabagger right did.

So, however the more sane, rational and civilized Democrats in Congress would choose to deal with a hypothetical President Trump, which would probably be much more reasonable than the Repukes ever dealt with Obama, I and probably most other everyday libs would continue to oppose him tooth and nail on every right-wing hammerhead stance he would hypothetically take.

Calls Democrats sane, reasonable, and civilized.

In the same breath, calls Republicans "Repukes," "extremist," "teabagger," "contards."

Yes, I see the civility...

Crepitus
10-25-2016, 02:03 PM

But, but, but........

(Sarcasm font on) It's our elected Congressmen's job to oppose the conservative agenda!!! That's what we elected them to do! (Sarcasm font off)

Isn't that pretty much what the die hard conservatives have been saying here for nearly 8 years now?

Tahuyaman
10-25-2016, 02:12 PM
My Liberal Friends: If Trump Wins, Will You Enthusiastically Help His Agenda?
Why would they? If someone who's ideas you oppose gets elected, why would you support implementing that agenda?

If I believe someone's policy ideas are harmful, I'm sure not going to cheerlead for those ideas.

ripmeister
10-25-2016, 02:51 PM
Ok, my liberal friends, I know it's not going to happen. It's a foregone conclusion, Cankles will win and the country will slide into the abyss of left-wing policies and apocalyptic liberal rulings. Hypothetically, though (again, remember, it's not going to happen so don't hyperventilate), if Trump pulls this out -- (like when despite a 2 or 3 TD dog, the Buckeyes beat Bama in the 2015 Sugar Bowl and/or the CAVS faced a 1% chance of winning the NBA finals down 3-1 to the GOAT) -- will you Clintonkins enthusiastically get behind the Trump agenda? I mean, you have railed against it, I presume you believe in your bleeding heart of hearts that it's terrible. However, remember, you've spent 8 years decrying our unwillingness to help Obama destroy the country (either literally or figuratively). So, I'm curious, if in the wildest of wildest fantasies (impossible I'm sure) where Trump wins, will you step in line and help him fulfill all of his agenda items? I know that you are far more principled than us deplorables, and I presume you'll adhere to your 8-year complaint and jump lock-step in line with Trump's agenda. Will you? Or.... will you (because you in your heart of hearts believe it'll destroy the country (either literally or figuratively) do all you can do to obstruct his agenda?

What was it McConnel said after Obamas election?

NapRover
10-25-2016, 02:54 PM
What was it McConnel said after Obamas election?

Same thing Reid said after W's election.

ripmeister
10-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Same thing Reid said after W's election.

LOL! I don't think so but that was still a clever retort. Gave me a good laugh. Thanks Nap.

del
10-25-2016, 03:04 PM
what is trump's agenda beyond building a useless wall with opm and suing women who say he assaulted them?

i can't get behind either of those, but on the off chance that he actually had a good idea for improving the economy, cutting the budget etc., i could get behind it.

DGUtley
10-25-2016, 03:06 PM
But, but, but........ (Sarcasm font on) It's our elected Congressmen's job to oppose the conservative agenda!!! That's what we elected them to do! (Sarcasm font off) Isn't that pretty much what the die hard conservatives have been saying here for nearly 8 years now?

...but you guys are so much better than us.

AZ Jim
10-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Same thing Reid said after W's election.Not true at all, post a link if you think so.

DGUtley
10-25-2016, 03:08 PM
I will do exactly as I choose to do. I won't even entertain the notion that the entire country is as rudderless as the cons on this board. It ain't happening. I wanna watch the Trump ego get stomped on. I will respect the office of the President but not the President. I will do exactly as the republicans have done for 8 years. Resist all aid to Trump.

....but you guys said it was wrong when we did it. I thought you were better than us.

Crepitus
10-25-2016, 03:13 PM
...but you guys are so much better than us.
LOL!!

NOT!! My "side" has just as many extremists as yours does, and they are just as nutty and confused as the conservatives.

Bethere
10-25-2016, 03:17 PM

One-handed 300 lb. deadlift
Josh Meyers
Miamisburg
Buckeye 2017

Cigar
10-25-2016, 03:18 PM

YES ... if Trump Wins :grin:

Tahuyaman
10-25-2016, 03:32 PM
While I can't support Trimp, I can support some of his ideas like term limits and getting rid of the ACA.

Bethere
10-25-2016, 03:36 PM

No, I wouldn't write my congressman for any reason. It's a waste of time as he is a first year member and he immediately joined the freedom caucus.

Rather I would appeal to Paul Ryan. I would tell him that the Hastert rule dooms his political career, and that there is nothing wrong with having votes on legislation that cannot pass without 100% Republican votes.

That rule makes a mockery of the House of Representatives. It kills any hope of deliberation. It puts a holding company of 40 or less radicals in charge of the House and gives them the ability to shut down the government all by themselves.

The gop has 247 seats in the house. You need 218 to pass legislation in theory. 247 -40 = 207.

Until the freedom caucus has less than 29 members (obviously this math will change) or Ryan develops a backbone and drops the Hastert rule the tail will continue to wag the gop dog.

It is an unprecedented situation, and until Ryan stands up it will not be resolved--that is, without the gop losing the House.

My party has never had a version of the Hastert rule and never will. When they were at their most virulent in the 90s we still worked with the gop and we got things done.

And when I say we, you know I meant we as I was working in the Senate at the time. We aren't guessing what I would do. Rather, it is a matter of record.

That my two favorite posters on this forum are Republicans tells you how I would conduct business in your brave new world. Others might look at you as a conservative nut job.

I see instead a thoughtful man who is my friend, a gentleman who can be reasoned with. We'd get a lot done, you and I.

You know it. I know it.

Thanks for listening.

PS--nice troll thread dude.

AZ Jim
10-25-2016, 04:20 PM
....but you guys said it was wrong when we did it. I thought you were better than us.We are.

Common Sense
10-25-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't think any liberals or Democrats asked that conservatives enthusiastically support their agenda. They only ask that unprecedented obstruction and vile rhetoric not be the means of the opposition.

suds00
10-25-2016, 05:18 PM
if trump won i would oppose him and question his motives for everything.i do respect the office of president.i would pray that our system works.i don't believe that he would finish one term.he'd either quit or be impeached.

DGUtley
01-31-2017, 11:16 AM
YES ... if Trump Wins :grin:

Do you guys remember this thread? I started this thread because it was the Clinton supporters that said the Trump supporters would go absolutely insane, confident that Hillary was going to win. Well..... like when the Buckeyes beat Bama in the 2015 Sugar Bowl and the CAVS won with a 1% chance, it happened. The insanity is incredible.

Green Arrow
01-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Do you guys remember this thread? I started this thread because it was the Clinton supporters that said the Trump supporters would go absolutely insane, confident that Hillary was going to win. Well..... like when the Buckeyes beat Bama in the 2015 Sugar Bowl and the CAVS won with a 1% chance, it happened. The insanity is incredible.

Yes, I do remember this thread. I stand by everything I said in it...including a defense of conservatives against a liberal.

But I'm an ebil insane partisan :rollseyes:

Peter1469
01-31-2017, 04:49 PM
They are still in shock that the Criminal lost.

resister
01-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Do you guys remember this thread? I started this thread because it was the Clinton supporters that said the Trump supporters would go absolutely insane, confident that Hillary was going to win. Well..... like when the Buckeyes beat Bama in the 2015 Sugar Bowl and the CAVS won with a 1% chance, it happened. The insanity is incredible.Thanks for a good read, this thread is a hoot! Look at all the people who went right back on there word! Good times, fun was had by all :laugh:

Green Arrow
01-31-2017, 08:11 PM
Thanks for a good read, this thread is a hoot! Look at all the people who went right back on there word! Good times, fun was had by all :laugh:

Can you point out who, specifically, went back on their word?

resister
01-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Can you point out who, specifically, went back on their word?Read cigars post.

Green Arrow
01-31-2017, 08:45 PM
Read cigars post.

Is Cigar the only one? You said, "Look at all the people​," emphasis mine.

DGUtley
01-31-2017, 08:51 PM
Read cigars post.
Cigar 's answer could be read either way. Which of my questions did he answer affirmatively? He'd support or obstruct?

resister
01-31-2017, 08:53 PM
He has multiple personalities, he counts several times :grin:

Green Arrow
01-31-2017, 09:02 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) 's answer could be read either way. Which of my questions did he answer affirmatively? He'd support or obstruct?

As per usual when Cigar posts, it's almost impossible to tell. And don't bother asking him for clarification, he'll probably just make it even more confusing and silly.

resister
01-31-2017, 09:06 PM
I did make an assumption, you are correct.

Bethere
01-31-2017, 09:33 PM
No, I wouldn't write my congressman for any reason. It's a waste of time as he is a first year member and he immediately joined the freedom caucus.

Rather I would appeal to Paul Ryan. I would tell him that the Hastert rule dooms his political career, and that there is nothing wrong with having votes on legislation that cannot pass without 100% Republican votes.

That rule makes a mockery of the House of Representatives. It kills any hope of deliberation. It puts a holding company of 40 or less radicals in charge of the House and gives them the ability to shut down the government all by themselves.

The gop has 247 seats in the house. You need 218 to pass legislation in theory. 247 -40 = 207.

Until the freedom caucus has less than 29 members (obviously this math will change) or Ryan develops a backbone and drops the Hastert rule the tail will continue to wag the gop dog.

It is an unprecedented situation, and until Ryan stands up it will not be resolved--that is, without the gop losing the House.

My party has never had a version of the Hastert rule and never will. When they were at their most virulent in the 90s we still worked with the gop and we got things done.

And when I say we, you know I meant we as I was working in the Senate at the time. We aren't guessing what I would do. Rather, it is a matter of record.

That my two favorite posters on this forum are Republicans tells you how I would conduct business in your brave new world. Others might look at you as a conservative nut job.

I see instead a thoughtful man who is my friend, a gentleman who can be reasoned with. We'd get a lot done, you and I.

You know it. I know it.

Thanks for listening.

PS--nice troll thread dude.

Gosh, that was my post three weeks before the election.

I am good.

resister
01-31-2017, 09:36 PM
Gosh, that was my post three weeks before the election.

I am good.Not just good, you are Bethere, you are awesome!

Bethere
01-31-2017, 09:40 PM
Not just good, you are Bethere, you are awesome!

I blush.

Cigar
02-01-2017, 08:24 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31LcFUJNWFL.jpg (https://www.desertcart.ae/products/3970003-breaking-bad-say-my-name-sticker)