PDA

View Full Version : CNN Debate Poll

BooHoo
10-12-2012, 10:21 AM
has Ryan leading :grin:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-debate-winner-ryan-48-biden-44/

Mister D
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Good for Ryan. Honestly, I think both candidates performed reasonably well and I'd give a slight edge to Biden for his aggressive stance but he spoiled it by going way too far.

BooHoo
10-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Yes. He definitely went way too far. He's a little kid trapped in a 69 year old body lol

garyo
10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
He had no self control, almost maniacal.

truthmatters
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I liked the part where gilligan started head bobing when he got flustered

GrassrootsConservative
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM

I liked the part where Joe "The Grinning Grinch Cocksucker" Biden smirked and snorted about our troops dying in Afghanistan due to friendly-fire.

bladimz
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
He also gave a "tell": whenever he felt nervous or uncomfortable, he'd reach for his glass of water and took a slurp. And he did that a lot.

bladimz
10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
He also gave a "tell": whenever he felt nervous or uncomfortable, he'd reach for his glass of water and took a slurp. And he did that a lot.

head of joaquin
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM

Yeah, that was discussed a lot -- Ryan drank so much water, I'm surprised he didn't pee his pants.

Maybe he did when Biden showed how the Romney tax plan was utter deception.

Biden won the debate hands down, inspired the base, and set the stage for Obama to follow up on demolishing Romney's deceptive talking points. Let's hope Obama gets over his "politics is too impolite" schtick and goes after Romney the way Biden smashed Ryan. That's presidential -- to pummel idiots and liars like Romney.

Didn't you love the part when Biden mentioned Ryan's letters to get some of that Green Pork he was so critical off. Perfect! Ryan looked like a total hypocritical boob. Which is what he and Romney are.

bladimz
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
And then there's this... (http://www.examiner.com/article/polls-show-joe-biden-as-vice-presidential-debate-winner)

Polls show Joe Biden is vice presidential debate winner

Vice President was certainly more aggressive than President Obama in last night’s vice presidential debate, but many wondered how Biden’s remarks and mannerisms would come across to voters. Ultimately, both campaigns know that it is the voters, and more particularly uncommitted voters, that really decide who won. The polls released yesterday showed all voters who watched the debate were split evenly on who won, but Biden won the crucial uncommitted voters block.
The most relevant poll comes from CBS News, who polled 431 uncommitted voters immediately after the debate. According to their results, 50 percent of uncommitted voters thought Biden was the winner, compared to just 31 percent for Ryan. Another 19 percent of voters thought the race was a tie.

Lest anyone think that CBS News is “skewing” their results, CBS had Romney as the clear winner of the first presidential debate using the same basic methodology

Not quit the same results as that CNN poll.

birddog
10-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Ryan clearly won. There was substance in what he said. Biden had mostly lies, bluster, and just plain silliness.

Trinnity
10-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Good for Ryan. Honestly, I think both candidates performed reasonably well and I'd give a slight edge to Biden for his aggressive stance but he spoiled it by going way too far.Way way too far.

patrickt
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
President Obama refused, or was incapable, of staying within the time limits and VP Biden interrupted Rep. Ryan 82 times. Why should anyone bother "debating" with these fools?

head of joaquin
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Look at the whiners whine.

Clearly Biden mopped the floor with the prevaricating man-child. Time Obama do the same with Thurston Howell.

47%, Swiss bank accounts. Keep saying that, and Romney will turn into a pumpkin.

patrickt
10-12-2012, 05:55 PM

Clearly Biden mopped the floor with the prevaricating man-child. Time Obama do the same with Thurston Howell.

47%, Swiss bank accounts. Keep saying that, and Romney will turn into a pumpkin.

Ah, it must be the children's hour. Absolutely nothing you said made any sense or was responsive to my question. Oh, right, children don't do questions. Good-bye, little boy.

Chris
10-12-2012, 06:59 PM
And then there's this... (http://www.examiner.com/article/polls-show-joe-biden-as-vice-presidential-debate-winner)

Not quit the same results as that CNN poll.

You stopped conveniently right when the article considered...
The other poll, from CNN, still had Ryan as the winner by a smaller margin. Among all debate viewers, not just uncommitted voters, CNN had 49 percent of voters believing Ryan won the debate compared to 48 percent for Biden.

By all indications CNN’s poll is accurate, in that it reflects the sentiment of all debate viewers...,

That's quite the headline. They looked at only two polls, one put Biden winner, one Ryan. From that they conclude: "Polls show Joe Biden is vice presidential debate winner"?

Peter1469
10-12-2012, 07:44 PM

Obama is going to have a hard time trying to attack Mitt's positions without attacking positions the MSM have made up about Mitt. Like what you think of the 47% comment. Try it.

Deadwood
10-12-2012, 07:56 PM
He had no self control, almost maniacal.

I have to vehemently disagree. He was in total control. His antics were staged, precisely timed to distract whenever Ryan got anywhere near a Democratic weak point.

It worked at the beginning. Ryan was easily distracted. When you view it a second time, can stop it and go over it, you see the head shaking, note taking etc. for what it was. I went over one point several times and watched the note taking over and over. Biden barely even looked at what he was writing, seemed to doodle, then underlined whatever he pretended to write. Then shook his head and made a forced laugh...

Ryan caught on eventually, but his inexperience showed. He should have called him on it....."laugh all you want, Joe, but it doesn't erase the fact...." and like that.

I now see it as a test to see what works with the viewer. The Dems are in free fall and like the Japanese in retreat in the South Pacific are testing for weaknesses.

The Republicans would be well advised to read the bio on Gen. MacCarthur.....

Captain Obvious
10-12-2012, 08:37 PM
48% to 44% Ryan at the time of this post.

head of joaquin
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Obama is going to have a hard time trying to attack Mitt's positions without attacking positions the MSM have made up about Mitt. Like what you think of the 47% comment. Try it.

He just has to read the quote and talk about foreign bank accounts. Romney loses. But Obama has to have the guts to go after this freak.

head of joaquin
10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Ah, it must be the children's hour. Absolutely nothing you said made any sense or was responsive to my question. Oh, right, children don't do questions. Good-bye, little boy.

Romney's comment makes perfect sense: he thinks half of the US (the working half) don't take responsibility for their lives, like rich bastards like him have.

So just keep quoting it. It's his quote. Watch him sink.

head of joaquin
10-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Romney's comment makes perfect sense: he thinks half of the US (the working half) don't take responsibility for their lives, like rich bastards like him have.

So just keep quoting it. It's his quote. Watch him spin and sputter and sink.

The Quote "These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Peter1469
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
He just has to read the quote and talk about foreign bank accounts. Romney loses. But Obama has to have the guts to go after this freak.

You see, you demonstrate that Obama is indeed smarter than you, the tiger- wow, that is embarrassing, isn't it? Romney has a blind trust. He doesn't get to say where his money is invested.... Obama knows this, and knows that it would be easy for Romney to make him look as stupid as you do now.

Calypso Jones
10-12-2012, 10:15 PM
uh oh. Talk about Unintended consequences.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/12/audio-bidens-laugh-vs-the-jokers-chuckle/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EsShJnHLr24

Mainecoons
10-13-2012, 10:29 AM
The biased moderator directed hostile questions towards Ryan and stopped him 9 times vs. only once with Biden. Biden interuppted Ryan over 80 times without being admonished.

Those who discovered the conflict of interest with this moderator and Obama were not surprised by this behavior. What surprises me is that Republicans agree to participate in forums that are stacked against them by having clearly leftist and biased moderators.

However, bottom line is that Biden undid his performance on the answers with his crappy demeanor on stage. So despite having the deck stacked in his favor, Joe managed to salvage defeat from the jaws of victory.

Peter1469
10-13-2012, 11:00 AM
The moderator did save Binden on at least two occasions when Ryan was taking him to task for an untruth and she decided it was time to move on to another topic.

Chris
10-13-2012, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=La_H6EdZI_Q

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I just can't imagine any undecideds watching that debate and deciding to vote republican.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I just can't imagine any undecideds watching that debate and deciding to vote republican.

The VPOTUS debate will likely have little impact on sway voters as expected.

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 12:38 PM
The VPOTUS debate will likely have little impact on sway voters as expected.

That's probably true.

Chris
10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Agree with you both.

Problem for Obama, after his dismal performance, he needed Biden for the win.

Calypso Jones
10-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Biden for the win. Now THAT is funny.