PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Donald Trump's Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders

Cigar
10-31-2016, 07:42 AM
http://rs268.pbsrc.com/albums/jj32/macazootie/potnkettle.jpg~c200 (http://photobucket.com/images/anime%20biscuit%20jammy%20kotomi%20god%20kettle%20 cute%20funny)

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

This behavior is of particular import given Trump’s frequent condemnations of Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent, for having deleted more than 30,000 emails from a server she used during her time as secretary of state. While Clinton and her lawyers have said all of those emails were personal, Trump has suggested repeatedly on the campaign trail that they were government documents Clinton was trying to hide and that destroying them constituted a crime. The allegation—which the FBI concluded was not supported by any evidence—is a crowd-pleaser at Trump rallies, often greeted by supporters chanting, “Lock her up!”

Trump’s use of deception and untruthful affidavits, as well as the hiding or improper destruction of documents, dates back to at least 1973, when the Republican nominee, his father and their real estate company battled the federal government over civil charges that they refused to rent apartments to African-Americans. The Trump strategy was simple: deny, impede and delay, while destroying documents the court had ordered them to hand over.

Shortly after the government filed its case in October, Trump attacked: He falsely declared to reporters that the feds had no evidence he and his father discriminated against minorities, but instead were attempting to force them to lease to welfare recipients who couldn’t pay their rent.

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120

Newpublius
10-31-2016, 08:08 AM
http://rs268.pbsrc.com/albums/jj32/macazootie/potnkettle.jpg~c200 (http://photobucket.com/images/anime%20biscuit%20jammy%20kotomi%20god%20kettle%20 cute%20funny)

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

This behavior is of particular import given Trump’s frequent condemnations of Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent, for having deleted more than 30,000 emails from a server she used during her time as secretary of state. While Clinton and her lawyers have said all of those emails were personal, Trump has suggested repeatedly on the campaign trail that they were government documents Clinton was trying to hide and that destroying them constituted a crime. The allegation—which the FBI concluded was not supported by any evidence—is a crowd-pleaser at Trump rallies, often greeted by supporters chanting, “Lock her up!”

Trump’s use of deception and untruthful affidavits, as well as the hiding or improper destruction of documents, dates back to at least 1973, when the Republican nominee, his father and their real estate company battled the federal government over civil charges that they refused to rent apartments to African-Americans. The Trump strategy was simple: deny, impede and delay, while destroying documents the court had ordered them to hand over.

Shortly after the government filed its case in October, Trump attacked: He falsely declared to reporters that the feds had no evidence he and his father discriminated against minorities, but instead were attempting to force them to lease to welfare recipients who couldn’t pay their rent.

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120

Exactly why you don't let employees of the government have private server for their work email. You see, civil litigation has discovery and one side requests discovery from the other side. The problem in civil litigation of course is that any damaging evidence can first be looked at by the other side. That always presents a problem because if there is one thing that you can count on people to do is that given the choice between incriminating themselves....or not....they'll tend to engage in exculpatory behavior.

That's why oversight of government is important to begin with.

Cigar
10-31-2016, 08:37 AM
Exactly why you don't let employees of the government have private server for their work email. You see, civil litigation has discovery and one side requests discovery from the other side. The problem in civil litigation of course is that any damaging evidence can first be looked at by the other side. That always presents a problem because if there is one thing that you can count on people to do is that given the choice between incriminating themselves....or not....they'll tend to engage in exculpatory behavior.

That's why oversight of government is important to begin with.

At the end of the investigation ... The FBI Ruled ... Yes or No?

Newpublius
10-31-2016, 08:42 AM
At the end of the investigation ... The FBI Ruled ... Yes or No?AG Lynch acknowledges herself how the actioms of June 29th-July 5th "cast a shadow" over the neutrality of the investigation.

Cigar
10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
AG Lynch acknowledges herself how the actioms of June 29th-July 5th "cast a shadow" over the neutrality of the investigation.

Yes or No, did the FBI make a Ruling?

Tahuyaman
10-31-2016, 09:21 AM
Was Trump an elected or appointed government official at that time?

Bethere
10-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Was Trump an elected or appointed government official at that time?
A better question: Was he under subpoena?

hanger4
10-31-2016, 09:33 AM

Call me when national security becomes an issue.

Crepitus
10-31-2016, 09:47 AM
Did anyone really expect Trump not to be a hypocrite?

I mean really?

Tahuyaman
10-31-2016, 09:48 AM
There are plenty of reasons I can't support either major party nominee.

Some people justify their support for an unacceptable and corrupt candidate by pointing out the faults of one while ignoring those same faults in the other.

texan
10-31-2016, 11:27 AM
LOL here we go!

texan
10-31-2016, 11:34 AM
There are plenty of reasons I can't support either major party nominee.

Some people justify their support for an unacceptable and corrupt candidate by pointing out the faults of one while ignoring those same faults in the other.

I am for Chaos

Subdermal
10-31-2016, 12:22 PM
Yes or No, did the FBI make a Ruling?

It hurts you, doesn't it, Lefty? :biglaugh:

The case is reopened. No prior decision has any merit any longer. Comey himself said that he could not imagine a serious enough circumstance to justify reopening the case, as told to Congressman James Sensenbrenner.

You're afraid, for good reason.

TrueBlue
10-31-2016, 12:31 PM
It hurts you, doesn't it, Lefty? :biglaugh:

The case is reopened. No prior decision has any merit any longer. Comey himself said that he could not imagine a serious enough circumstance to justify reopening the case, as told to Congressman James Sensenbrenner.

You're afraid, for good reason.
The findings will be ultimately the same as last time. This time it is concerning an investigation into another person for a completely different matter. Hillary Clinton will not be implicated in this new facade anymore than she was last time. So, end of story.

patrickt
10-31-2016, 02:38 PM
I find the Trumpkins and Clintonistas bickering amusing. America is screwed whichever one is elected. That in itself delights Barack Obama.

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 03:39 PM
The projection is YUGE in this OP.Looks like a quite sad attempt at damage control to me.

Crepitus
10-31-2016, 06:28 PM
The projection is YUGE in this OP.Looks like a quite sad attempt at damage control to me.

Looks the same from over here on the left as well.

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Looks the same from over here on the left as well.

So sorry that's where you are.That's not exactly a Patriotic place to be.
There really are no leftist Americans.

Crepitus
10-31-2016, 06:36 PM
So sorry that's where you are.That's not exactly a Patriotic place to be.
There really are no leftist Americans.

What is your deal man?

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 06:48 PM
What is your deal man?

the idea of leftism does not mesh with the founding fathers Idea of America.
Is it really that hard for you to fathom?
If you really are an American,guess what? You are not a leftist.
That's some underhanded bovine feces that came about 150 years later.

Crepitus
10-31-2016, 06:50 PM
the idea of leftism does not mesh with the founding fathers Idea of America.
Is it really that hard for you to fathom?
If you really are an American,guess what? You are not a leftist.
That's some underhanded bovine feces that came about 150 years later.

I think you are confused, but whatever you say man. I am t got the energy to have this discussion tonight.

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I think you are confused, but whatever you say man. I am t got the energy to have this discussion tonight.

I'm not confused at all.If you are a leftist:You are not a real American,nor do you epitomize the ideals that America was founded upon.
That's not exactly rocket surgery.
There is no "left" in freedom and liberty.
There is solely SJWs screaming "Hatespeech" and other garbage.
Tell me what Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie would say.

exploited
10-31-2016, 06:55 PM
I'm not confused at all.If you are a leftist:You are not a real American,nor do you epitomize the ideals that America was founded upon.
That's not exactly rocket surgery.
There is no "left" in freedom and liberty.

Actually, there is a pretty grand tradition, throughout American history, of people advocating for policies that you would consider leftist. Such as unions. Or public education. Or food and drug standards. Or building highways.

The simple fact is that you, like most of the alt-right, are completely delusional and irrational. You hate America and you hate modernity. Given the opportunity, you would gladly commit treason, especially if it meant hurting your political enemies. In the good ol' days, people like you were ostracized and despised as selfish, self-entitled layabouts.

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Actually, there is a pretty grand tradition, throughout American history, of people advocating for policies that you would consider leftist. Such as unions. Or public education. Or food and drug standards. Or building highways.

The simple fact is that you, like most of the alt-right, are completely delusional and irrational. You hate America and you hate modernity. Given the opportunity, you would gladly commit treason, especially if it meant hurting your political enemies. In the good ol' days, people like you were ostracized and despised as selfish, self-entitled layabouts.

Your opinion is duly noted and dismissed.
If anyone is treasonous,it's cultural marxists such as yourself.
tell me more about how you love America with a straight face.
You cannot.
You are the layabout.
Meanwhile you trash everybody else that busts their ass.
I'm a real American.I bust my ass in 100 degree heat to make a living for me and mine.
What is it you do again?
Troll for the left on the internets for money?
Yeah
Given your post record,a-duh.
I also notice you said nothing about Davy and Jim Bowie.
People who you probably don't even know who they are.

exploited
10-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Your opinion is duly noted and dismissed.

Good. I can only hope that you and your ilk continue to not listen. It benefits me substantially.

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Good. I can only hope that you and your ilk continue to not listen. It benefits me substantially.
It benefits the Nation as well.

I bet you hate this!

Get some of my Georgia brother singing a song about America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg)

MRogersNhood
10-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Commie turd.

Dr. Who
10-31-2016, 07:44 PM
Commie turd.
Name calling on this forum is against the rules. Any further repetition will be met with a thread ban, regardless of the thread.

Chris
10-31-2016, 08:14 PM

Name calling on this forum is against the rules. Any further repetition will be met with a thread ban, regardless of the thread.