PDA

View Full Version : Consealed Handgun possibly saved my neighbor's life today

texmaster
10-13-2012, 12:45 AM
I just saw this in my email. This is not a poor area either (homes run 250k-800k) but we do have an apartment complex about 2 blocks away and the police have told us that is where a majority of the crime comes from.

The police are asking me to check my security cameras even though its a few blocks away.

This is 100% real. Thank God we have the 2nd amendment.

CRIME ALERT: ATTEMPTED ARMED ROBBERY

DESCRIPTION:
Male black
16-30 years
5'10" -6' tall
White T shirt
Dark blue or black shorts with white stripes down sides White socks Dark
tennis shoes
Accessorizes with ski mask and cloth
Neighbor's report:
At 12:35 pm today I was sitting in my truck in my driveway getting ready
to get out and enter my house through the garage. I noticed in my side view
mirror a suspicious individual coming south on *** from ***. I
noticed he was staring at me and my truck. He continued south until he was
hidden from view by my house. I picked up my concealed handgun and sure
enough he came running back around the house and up to my truck window
wearing a ski mask and pointing his right hand which was wrapped in a cloth
so it would appear to be a gun or to hide a gun. I already had my gun up and
we spent a few seconds barrel to barrel . He then took off and ran north on
*** and disappeared. I jumped in my truck and tried to follow him while
calling 911. Could not find him. I don't know if he wanted my truck or
wallet.

JohnAdams
10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
I just saw this in my email. This is not a poor area either (homes run 250k-800k) but we do have an apartment complex about 2 blocks away and the police have told us that is where a majority of the crime comes from.

The police are asking me to check my security cameras even though its a few blocks away.

This is 100% real. Thank God we have the 2nd amendment.

CRIME ALERT: ATTEMPTED ARMED ROBBERY

DESCRIPTION:
Male black
16-30 years
5'10" -6' tall
White T shirt
Dark blue or black shorts with white stripes down sides White socks Dark
tennis shoes
Accessorizes with ski mask and cloth
Neighbor's report:
At 12:35 pm today I was sitting in my truck in my driveway getting ready
to get out and enter my house through the garage. I noticed in my side view
mirror a suspicious individual coming south on *** from ***. I
noticed he was staring at me and my truck. He continued south until he was
hidden from view by my house. I picked up my concealed handgun and sure
enough he came running back around the house and up to my truck window
wearing a ski mask and pointing his right hand which was wrapped in a cloth
so it would appear to be a gun or to hide a gun. I already had my gun up and
we spent a few seconds barrel to barrel . He then took off and ran north on
*** and disappeared. I jumped in my truck and tried to follow him while
calling 911. Could not find him. I don't know if he wanted my truck or
wallet.

If it were me, and I know this is oh so terribly un pc and liberal of me, but not only do I know many in Texas who would have done the same, I'd have shot his ass the instant he raised that gun/cloth in my direction, and it'd have been his own fault too. YOU don't point a gun at another human being unless you intend to pull the trigger.

While I am glad you're neighbor/friend is alright. They'd have been doing your community and our society at large a favor removing the slime ball from the gene pool if you ask me.

Note the period.

DonGlock26
10-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I always have a Ruger LCP with me, and a Glock 26 for days that I can conceal it. The state cannot protect me, and they have lost control in the urban areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DrJMW1qAI

Calypso Jones
10-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Who's cute idea was it to build an 'apartment complex' two blocks away? Someone on the council? I also find it interestingf when cities join parts of the community by 'corridors' making it easy for high crime areas to access the less crime ridden areas thus making them iinto TARGETS.

texmaster
10-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Who's cute idea was it to build an 'apartment complex' two blocks away? Someone on the council? I also find it interestingf when cities join parts of the community by 'corridors' making it easy for high crime areas to access the less crime ridden areas thus making them iinto TARGETS.

Its been there for about 20 years. I don't want to give the wrong impression though. We don't have a lot of crime and car jacking? I'd say one in perhaps 5 years.

But I'm just glad he was armed. It will be VERY interesting how the neighborhood reacts and since I'm on the board of our neighborhood mastication I'll know this week I'm sure.

Peter1469
10-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Let us know what happens on the board.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Let us know what happens on the board.

Well, first eninn posts something about eating pork can kill you, then Joaquin posts the terms "meme" and "teabagger" a hundred times, then...

roadmaster
10-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, first eninn posts something about eating pork can kill you, then Joaquin posts the terms "meme" and "teabagger" a hundred times, then...

Well eninn is going by a saying in the old testament. Some Christians won't eat pork but now the other person can't help you, to me he is pretty much useless. :grin:

DonGlock26
10-13-2012, 01:18 PM

You have earned your screenname. LOL!!!

JohnAdams
10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Well eninn is going by a saying in the old testament. Some Christians won't eat pork but now the other person can't help you, to me he is pretty much useless. :grin:

It's a commandment re-iterated in the NT as well. ;) "Think not I have come to destroy the law"

JohnAdams
10-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I always have a Ruger LCP with me, and a Glock 26 for days that I can conceal it. The state cannot protect me, and they have lost control in the urban areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DrJMW1qAI

See this is how I survived living in one of the worst ghettos in Cincinnati for years...everyone around in the neighborhood knew I was just "crazy" enough (without a firearm too) to take them out of our world feet first if they tried me in um...such a fashion. And no I am not billy bad ass either. Just willing to do whatever it takes to protect myself and my family.

My Lord and God tells me that if they slap me in the face, to turn the other cheek yes....but he didn't tell me to l.et them slap me in that one too. ;)

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 04:26 PM
See this is how I survived living in one of the worst ghettos in Cincinnati for years...everyone around in the neighborhood knew I was just "crazy" enough (without a firearm too) to take them out of our world feet first if they tried me in um...such a fashion. And no I am not billy bad ass either. Just willing to do whatever it takes to protect myself and my family.

My Lord and God tells me that if they slap me in the face, to turn the other cheek yes....but he didn't tell me to l.et them slap me in that one too. ;)

Christ is clear on this, according to the gospels. You're supposed to die without resistance. No self-defense.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Christ is clear on this, according to the gospels. You're supposed to die without resistance. No self-defense.

http://adammclane.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jesus-gun.jpg

Morningstar
10-13-2012, 04:29 PM
:laugh: