PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Col. Ralph Peters

Docthehun
11-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Another day on this side of the dirt, I give it high marks.

I always take most everything with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to the media. None-the-less, on occasion I read or listen to something I view as being brutally honest. In the last 15 minutes, I listened to the above Col. give the most brutally honest opinion regarding Tuesday's election.

I watch virtually no network shows except for the evening news, Reds and Browns. But I admit an addiction to Fox Business News. The retired Colonel is a frequent guest, especially slamming our current President and his policies. He, like 70% of the regular contributors are, shall we say, not exactly pulling for Hillary. If you don't watch anything else and you're truly concerned about America, see if you can't find a replay of the Colonel's appearance on "Mornings with Maria". He came on around 7:15 or so.

My respect for him, quadrupled. I'm going on the hunt for it and will post if I find it. I'll not be shocked if I can't.

I consider this powerful and extremely important.

Otherwise, have a great Friday and weekend.

8:08 update - still looking

Docthehun
11-04-2016, 09:25 AM
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5196506122001/?playlist_id=937116503001#sp=show-clips

Bethere
11-04-2016, 09:41 AM
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5196506122001/?playlist_id=937116503001#sp=show-clips

"Hillary Clinton, " Peters said, "is a much better man than Donald Trump. "

Lol.

NapRover
11-04-2016, 04:19 PM

My respect for him remained the same. He's a good man who has served his country most of his life. I respect his opinion, I simply don't share it.
I do share his opinion about Hussein though.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/76953680/?client=safari

Peter1469
11-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Another day on this side of the dirt, I give it high marks.

I always take most everything with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to the media. None-the-less, on occasion I read or listen to something I view as being brutally honest. In the last 15 minutes, I listened to the above Col. give the most brutally honest opinion regarding Tuesday's election.

I watch virtually no network shows except for the evening news, Reds and Browns. But I admit an addiction to Fox Business News. The retired Colonel is a frequent guest, especially slamming our current President and his policies. He, like 70% of the regular contributors are, shall we say, not exactly pulling for Hillary. If you don't watch anything else and you're truly concerned about America, see if you can't find a replay of the Colonel's appearance on "Mornings with Maria". He came on around 7:15 or so.

My respect for him, quadrupled. I'm going on the hunt for it and will post if I find it. I'll not be shocked if I can't.

I consider this powerful and extremely important.

Otherwise, have a great Friday and weekend.

8:08 update - still looking

First I like Fox Business a lot.

Second, I like LTC Peters. But he is a hard core NEOCON. He has to pick Hillary the Liberal Hawk over Trump. Who is not a hawk of any sort and has some realist policies and some isolationist-like policies.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 07:19 AM
First I like Fox Business a lot.

Second, I like LTC Peters. But he is a hard core NEOCON. He has to pick Hillary the Liberal Hawk over Trump. Who is not a hawk of any sort and has some realist policies and some isolationist-like policies.

In general, I agree, dependent upon your NEOCON definition. I suspect we agree that he's a conservative, with perhaps, over emphasis on using the military. He's been so overboard at times, that even Fox gave him a timeout. So I was shocked to hear him yesterday morning. I've said from the outset that I think Trump has the potential to be dangerous and that's excluding any special considerations regarding that punk who thinks he can push anybody around. Peters no doubt hangs with a number of like minded companions, so I take his comments, including yesterday, with that "grain of salt".

Oddly, I haven't seen the clip replayed.

In any case, I bet Fox wishes "Mornings with Maria" was on tape delay. Peters shredded Huckabee and Maria. Huckabee can't resist references to food and Maria still hasn't been able to grasp the concept of "marginal tax rates".

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 07:27 AM
My respect for him remained the same. He's a good man who has served his country most of his life. I respect his opinion, I simply don't share it.
I do share his opinion about Hussein though.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/76953680/?client=safari

I, for sure, hope you're right old man! Being wrong on this one could be scary. We'll retain our optimism that all will be fine. Remember back to our high school years when we watched the body bags arrive and Uncle Walter keeping score on the CBS Nightly News. "Be the first one on your block, to have your boy sent home in a box." That memory remains fresh in my mind. Yours as well I trust.

PS - Save travels old friend, winter on the horizon.

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 07:39 AM
Fox shut down its video. Here it is on YouTube (if it is the same one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddmIdgmT04Q

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 07:43 AM
At about 3:20, LTC Peters says that the Baltic nations are our best allies in NATO outside of the UK. [Disclaimer- I have been to all three and really like the region.] How are they our best allies? What do we get out of that relationship? The statement is nonsense.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 08:15 AM
At about 3:20, LTC Peters says that the Baltic nations are our best allies in NATO outside of the UK. [Disclaimer- I have been to all three and really like the region.] How are they are best allies? What do we get out of that relationship? The statement is nonsense.

We gain a huge amount of PR amongst all our allies around the world. Smaller countries and our larger allies realize that big brother has their back. That goes a long way towards looking out for our best interests in the long run, both in terms of national security and the economy. The bigger our team the better. You can't ever have enough friends, even if they all owe you.

Trish Regan - I hate to say it, but that sweet pixie face and acid tongue is my dream choice to meet Rhonda Rousey in the ring. (Forgive me Lord!)

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 08:20 AM
We gain a huge amount of PR amongst all our allies around the world. Smaller countries and our larger allies realize that big brother has their back. That goes a long way towards looking out for our best interests in the long run, both in terms of national security and the economy. The bigger our team the better. You can't ever have enough friends, even if they all owe you.

Trish Regan - I hate to say it, but that sweet pixie face and acid tongue is my dream choice to meet Rhonda Rousey in the ring. (Forgive me Lord!)

What can Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania do for the US in concrete terms that justify a defensive alliance?

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 08:30 AM
What can Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania do for the US in concrete terms that justify a defensive alliance?

Keep the Russian border pushed back and force them to devote resources to an area that for practical purposes, has no real economic or strategic value. Like playing "Risk", the more countries you acquire, if taken carefully, can later be defended with minimal armies. It requires a "big picture" viewpoint.

Mister D
11-05-2016, 08:32 AM

This was more or less how the US government continued to justify our intervention in Vietnam.

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Keep the Russian border pushed back and force them to devote resources to an area that for practical purposes, has no real economic or strategic value. Like playing "Risk", the more countries you acquire, if taken carefully, can later be defended with minimal armies. It requires a "big picture" viewpoint.

The Baltics can't keep Russia back if Russia wanted to attack. Recent NATO war games had Russia in the capitals of these nations in 60 hours. Then we are bound by treaty to wage war with Russia.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 09:11 AM
This was more or less how the US government continued to justify our intervention in Vietnam.

In some respects, that is indeed true, but our interests in that part of the world at the time were minimal in relation to our interests in Europe, home to our best and longest allies. Somewhat an apples to oranges comparison and I think we learned much from the experience, but at an extremely high cost.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 09:13 AM
The Baltics can't keep Russia back if Russia wanted to attack. Recent NATO war games had Russia in the capitals of these nations in 60 hours. Then we are bound by treaty to wage war with Russia.

Agree, but you have to draw the line somewhere, the further back, the better. If worst comes to worst, we'll just shutdown their electric grid as a warning shot. We shut down centrifuges in Iran, we can shut down the Russian grid.

Mister D
11-05-2016, 09:25 AM
In some respects, that is indeed true, but our interests in that part of the world at the time were minimal in relation to our interests in Europe, home to our best and longest allies. Somewhat an apples to oranges comparison and I think we learned much from the experience, but at an extremely high cost.
Our interests in Europe today are largely the same. That is to say, they're imperial interests. We like to think in terms of being great pals but the relationship has always been one of subordination coupled with an antagonism toward Russia that no longer serves any useful purpose but that of naked power.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Our interests in Europe today are largely the same. That is to say, they're imperial interests. We like to think in terms of being great pals but the relationship has always been one of subordination coupled with an antagonism toward Russia that no longer serves any useful purpose but that of naked power.

In part, I'd have to agree, but a lot of that history goes back to the early days of America and came, like many things, we both good and bad. I tend to believe that a continuation weighs to the good.

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Agree, but you have to draw the line somewhere, the further back, the better. If worst comes to worst, we'll just shutdown their electric grid as a warning shot. We shut down centrifuges in Iran, we can shut down the Russian grid.

If we attempted to shut down their grid, they will shut ours down.

I don't think the Stuxnet virus caused as much damage to Iran's nuclear program as claimed.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 10:00 AM
If we attempted to shut down their grid, they will shut ours down.

I don't think the Stuxnet virus caused as much damage to Iran's nuclear program as claimed.

Not with their grid shut down. The virus was merely to send a message.

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Not with their grid shut down. The virus was merely to send a message.

Our grid is infected all ready. All it needs is the command to execute.

Docthehun
11-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Our grid is infected all ready. All it needs is the command to execute.

Loss of our grid would create short term problems in densely populated areas, but we have the capability to protect our most valuable assets, isolate large portions of the system and other measures that have to be kept confidential, so I won't be sending them to Mrs. Clinton or Anthony. By the way, I'm enjoying this conversation. You sure sound like a solid Repub., for an independent kind of guy.

Any chance you watched Trump's rally in Tampa this morning?

Mister D
11-05-2016, 10:47 AM
In part, I'd have to agree, but a lot of that history goes back to the early days of America and came, like many things, we both good and bad. I tend to believe that a continuation weighs to the good.
Our messianic complex is certainly rooted in our earliest myths. There are strong indications of a fundamentalist bent to contemporary foreign policy even though it has never been expressed and never would be expressed in explicitly religious terms. Anyway, yes, the picture is a complicated one and our perspectives will be shaped by how we feel about the ultimate effects of American power and influence.

Peter1469
11-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Loss of our grid would create short term problems in densely populated areas, but we have the capability to protect our most valuable assets, isolate large portions of the system and other measures that have to be kept confidential, so I won't be sending them to Mrs. Clinton or Anthony. By the way, I'm enjoying this conversation. You sure sound like a solid Repub., for an independent kind of guy.

Any chance you watched Trump's rally in Tampa this morning?

Nope. I am watching the History Channels series The Presidents. I am not watching the news this weekend. My candidate is going to get crushed.

I too am skeptical of the damage that can be done with a cyber attack.

Mister D
11-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Nope. I am watching the History Channels series The Presidents. I am not watching the news this weekend. My candidate is going to get crushed.

Your candidate never stood a chance. I don't mean that as a put down. I think he knew that going in. More of a metapolitical candidacy if that makes any sense. I too am skeptical of the damage that can be done with a cyber attack.