PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk Polls Pulls out of FL, VA, and NC

pjohns
10-13-2012, 03:17 PM
From a recent Newsmax article:

As presidential polls across the nation swing in Mitt Romney's favor, one survey taker has already called three battleground states for the Republican.

David Paleologos, director of Suffolk University's Research Center said he has pulled his pollsters out of Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia as all three look set to go to Romney.

"We've already painted those red," Paleologos told Fox News' Bill O’Reilly. "We're not polling any of those states again. We're focusing on the remaining states."

My own view is that North Carolina is just about a done deal--Gov. Romney should win The Tar Heal State by at least five percentage points--but that the others are less certain. Florida is trending toward Romney--a recent poll shows the GOP presidential nominee up by seven points in The Sunshine State--but it is still less than a certainty. And Virginia appears to be up for grabs.

Again, those are my own considered views, taking into account recent polling, recent trends, historical tendencies, and other pertinent considerations.

But Suffolk apparently feels that the race is essentially over in these three states.

Here is the link: Pollster: Romney?s Already Won Florida, Virginia, North Carolina (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Suffolk-poll-Romney-battleground/2012/10/10/id/459423)

Comments? (Other than the predictable FNC bashing and Newsmax bashing, that is.)

JohnAdams
10-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I tell you again I will be really surprised to see Ohio going for THE OBAMA.

Trinnity
10-13-2012, 06:33 PM
I think there's a very good chance Romney will take Ohio and Florida. NC is a done deal.

pjohns
10-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I think there's a very good chance Romney will take Ohio and Florida.

Well, a new poll, commissioned by the Miami Herald and the Tampa Bay Times, shows Romney up by seven points in Florida. This dovetails rather nicely with Larry Sabato's recent moving of the race in The Sunshine State from "Tossup" status to "Leans Romney" status.

As for Ohio, the latest Rasmussen Poll shows President Obama with a miniscule lead, 48-47 percent among likely voters; but that is easily within the margin of error, and the trendline is certainly in Gov. Romney's favor.

NC is a done deal.

I agree.

It should not even be close there.

texmaster
10-13-2012, 10:39 PM
I tell you again I will be really surprised to see Ohio going for THE OBAMA.

From your lips to God's ears.

Trinnity
10-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Our nation has never had to pray for a sitting president to be defeated, for our safety and survival as a nation.
Until now.

coolwalker
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Virginia has been for Romney for months. The polls have been squewed though.