PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney - Denver Debate Fact Check: 30 Lies in 30 Minutes!

JerryAL
10-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Mitt Romney - Denver Debate Fact Check: 30 Lies in 30 Minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmvJJ9SLKg

Captain Obvious
10-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jerry.

Make sure you're wearing a cup.

GrassrootsConservative
10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Everything Odumba does as president is a lie, he lies everyday multiple times by being president when the constitution clearly states the president must be born here in America. It's very hypocritical for any democrat to say someone else lies.

Conley
10-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Welcome Jer!

hanger4
10-14-2012, 06:23 AM

Fact checking one candidate without fact checking the other doesn't seem fair,

now does it JerryAL.

birddog
10-14-2012, 08:52 AM
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is an old saying. The same may be true in fact checking. I do believe that an objective analysis would clearly show that Obama lied much more than Romney possibly did!

Captain Obvious
10-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Looking at only one side of the debate from this standpoint only shows a lack of objectivity. Fact is, both candidates presented arguments, both candidates either stretched the truth or lied and an intelligent person would consider the entire body of work and then form an opinion.

Far too often people hang their hat on one candidate and engage in trying to smear the other, which is a waste of my time as far as I'm concerned. When I see a source - member post or a cited source that is wholly non-objective, I move along. Zero credibility. If I see criticism from an objective source, it carries much more weight with me from the standpoint that this criticism is based on objectivity, not another "gotcha" in a political pissing contest.

Chris
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Looking at only one side of the debate from this standpoint only shows a lack of objectivity. Fact is, both candidates presented arguments, both candidates either stretched the truth or lied and an intelligent person would consider the entire body of work and then form an opinion.

Far too often people hang their hat on one candidate and engage in trying to smear the other, which is a waste of my time as far as I'm concerned. When I see a source - member post or a cited source that is wholly non-objective, I move along. Zero credibility. If I see criticism from an objective source, it carries much more weight with me from the standpoint that this criticism is based on objectivity, not another "gotcha" in a political pissing contest.

It is instructive, even allowing for a new member, that a one sided and highly subjective list of supposed "lies" would be posted a week and a half after the fact.

It smacks of propaganda, especially in light of the fact that just last week, VP Joe Biden was outed for his claim that 'we didn't know' more security was needed in Libya.

That is the most damning aspect of the Obama administration in this campaign, underlined by the series of previous and dubious claims made by Obama, the State Department and the military. In that four Americans were assassinated in that debacle, that if the 'we didn't know ' claim is true, which is very questionable, it demonstrates at the very least gross incompetence throughout the entire administration.

To post a video of alleged lies at this juncture and in light of that horror, the fact that our entire foreign service may be at risk is shameful, misleading and more dishonest that the supposed "lies" claimed in the OP.

I agree, where there is a balanced look, as has been posted elsewhere, detailing the errors of both candidates, is worthy of consideration. This kind of propaganda is only worthy of the "ignore" button.

Captain Obvious
10-14-2012, 09:32 AM
It is instructive, even allowing for a new member, that a one sided and highly subjective list of supposed "lies" would be posted a week and a half after the fact.

It smacks of propaganda, especially in light of the fact that just last week, VP Joe Biden was outed for his claim that 'we didn't know' more security was needed in Libya.

That is the most damning aspect of the Obama administration in this campaign, underlined by the series of previous and dubious claims made by Obama, the State Department and the military. In that four Americans were assassinated in that debacle, that if the 'we didn't know ' claim is true, which is very questionable, it demonstrates at the very least gross incompetence throughout the entire administration.

To post a video of alleged lies at this juncture and in light of that horror, the fact that our entire foreign service may be at risk is shameful, misleading and more dishonest that the supposed "lies" claimed in the OP.

I agree, where there is a balanced look, as has been posted elsewhere, detailing the errors of both candidates, is worthy of consideration. This kind of propaganda is only worthy of the "ignore" button.

I'm not slamming the newbie, he's just throwing a line out and seeing who bites. The same goes for, and moreso, for much of the other conservative hack material that's too often presented as "objective discussion".

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm not slamming the newbie, he's just throwing a line out and seeing who bites. The same goes for, and moreso, for much of the other conservative hack material that's too often presented as "objective discussion".

Oh yeah, no argument there.....

If we're going to have a discussion on lies, though, there needs to be some balance.

JerryAL
10-14-2012, 07:34 PM
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is an old saying. The same may be true in fact checking. I do believe that an objective analysis would clearly show that Obama lied much more than Romney possibly did!

Couple of things:

Mitt Romney looked into that camera and blatantly lied, NOT only once but twice, about his health care plan covering pre-existing conditions.

That was the main reason I posted that video. If you watch just the first 15 minutes, and can actually say that Mitt Romney was NOT lying about his stance on health care, than you are just so far out on the right-wing, that nothing will persuade you that Mitt Romney is a compulsive flip-flopper and liar.

However, maybe a video of his own Republican colleagues will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRJa2OaiwWw

Peter1469
10-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Obama lies every time he looks into a camera. Does that count for anything in Liberal-land?

JerryAL
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Obama lies every time he looks into a camera. Does that count for anything in Liberal-land?

I can guarantee you that Tuesday night either the moderator or Obama himself is going to call out Mitt Romney on his pre-existing condition lie, and it will be one of the major headlines of the debate.

Mitt Romney's own top adviser Eric Fehrnstrom admitted that Mitt Romney lied about the claim he made saying his plan would cover everyone who has a pre-existing condition, and released the following to clarify Mitt Romney's position:

"With respect to pre-existing conditions, what Governor Romney has said is for those with continuous coverage, he would continue to make sure that they receive their coverage," said Eric Fehrnstrom, referring to existing laws which require insurance companies to sell coverage to people who already have insurance, or within 90 days of losing their employer coverage.

Pressed by TPM's Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws, like Romney's own Massachusetts health care law, that ban insurance companies from discriminating against sick people.

"We'd like to see states do what Massachusetts did," Fehrnstrom said. "In Massachusetts we have a ban on pre-existing conditions."

hanger4
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
I can guarantee you that Tuesday night either the moderator or Obama himself is going to call out Mitt Romney on his pre-existing condition lie, and it will be one of the major headlines of the debate.

Mitt Romney's own top adviser Eric Fehrnstrom admitted that Mitt Romney lied about the claim he made saying his plan would cover everyone who has a pre-existing condition, and released the following to clarify Mitt Romney's position:

"With respect to pre-existing conditions, what Governor Romney has said is for those with continuous coverage, he would continue to make sure that they receive their coverage," said Eric Fehrnstrom, referring to existing laws which require insurance companies to sell coverage to people who already have insurance, or within 90 days of losing their employer coverage.

Pressed by TPM's Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws, like Romney's own Massachusetts health care law, that ban insurance companies from discriminating against sick people.

"We'd like to see states do what Massachusetts did," Fehrnstrom said. "In Massachusetts we have a ban on pre-existing conditions."

Play dodgeball much ??

Peter1469
10-14-2012, 07:59 PM

And will Obama be prepared to tell the nation why he went to Las Vegas to fund-raise and tell lame jokes while the consulate in Benghazi was still on fire? After his personal representative to Libya was ass-raped and assassinated?

Good luck with that one. Better get back to the Bat Cave, and come up with some sort of bull shit that the American people will fall for.....

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM

I would like to see that since the next debate is on foreign policy if I'm not mistaken.

Again, there has been a few developments of a more serious nature in the last two weeks than the energy being put into this propaganda, not the least of which is whether Biden LIED about security in Libya which claimed the lives of four American citizens serving their country. If he did not lie, then they are =self admittedly incompetent.

That, sir, is far, far more grave than your assertion of a months old issue and a two week old statement you say is a lie.

What is killing the left is the absolute failure or refusal to deal with the serious issues while throwing straw man arguments as a diversionary tactic.

Obama lied, four died.

Deal with it

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Play dodgeball much ??

This is the problem I have with the left. Rather than take on an issue directly, like the complete failure of the Obama administration in Libya, its lies and misdirection, the left can only try to demonize the "other guy".

Lookit, you can't have it both ways. If Romeny lied Obama let it slide. So either he is not lying or Obama is so clued out on the issues he is unfit to lead the country.

There are issues with Romney but they are not his tax returns, not his faith and not a comment made in private and hijacked by a two bit alcoholic, lazy fuck off son of the worst president in modern history.
Having said that, the left first has to protect its rear, its own short comings, come clean on their own failures; otherwise your just lying in the sty, wallowing in the shit and calling the other guy a pig.

Barack Obama is the sworn president of the United States. He has a constitutional responsibility to protect and defend the citizenry especially those whop serve overseas.

Sorry, but that failure trumps Romney, a candidate, overstated or exaggerating his policies, especially in light of the superhighway of lies he's made on the economy.

JerryAL
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
He has a constitutional responsibility to protect and defend the citizenry

Um, yea and Bush did such a bang up job of protecting American citizens. Worst terrorist attack on American soil ever, but of course that wasn't his administrations fault now was it?

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Um, yea and Bush did such a bang up job of protecting American citizens. Worst terrorist attack on American soil ever, but of course that wasn't his administrations fault now was it?

And that relates to Libya how?

You may as well as criticize FDR for not preventing the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Bush is NOT president anymore, Obama is. If you want to divert instead of debate, go back to kindergarten.

JerryAL
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
And that relates to Libya how?

You may as well as criticize FDR for not preventing the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Bush is NOT president anymore, Obama is. If you want to divert instead of debate, go back to kindergarten.

The point is that you are trying to politicize the deaths of Americans, just like Mitt Romney is, to favor your own political party. If Obama had been President during 9/11 you would have criticized him, instead of supporting him in the efforts to find the people responsible.

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 09:37 PM
The point is that you are trying to politicize the deaths of Americans, just like Mitt Romney is, to favor your own political party. If Obama had been President during 9/11 you would have criticized him, instead of supporting him in the efforts to find the people responsible.

The fact is I am a member of NO political part and never have been.

Four Americans are dead. It appears those deaths could have been prevented. It appears Obama either lied or was negligent.

If you think that is politicizing [or, by implication capitalizing] on those deaths, so be it. But I humbly suggest that to simply ignore the lies, the aftermath, and the details now emerging would be irresponsible, as irresponsible to focus purely on Romney's supposed "lies" as you call them two weeks after the fact.

It is more left wing, weak kneed, cowardly diversion, as irrelevant as you dragging up 911 from eleven years ago as though that somehow is a mark against Romney.

If all you have are these straw men and vapid, vacuous, vindictive diversions you really have nothing at all.

Conley
10-14-2012, 09:43 PM

I hope Obama does call him out on some of the falsehoods this time around, don't know why he let so many whoppers go last time.

Peter1469
10-14-2012, 09:49 PM

The point is that the Obama regime is attempting to cover up this f'up until after the elections. And so are you.

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
The point is that the Obama regime is attempting to cover up this f'up until after the elections. And so are you.

Pretty clear who is a blind party loyalist.

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 09:54 PM
I hope Obama does call him out on some of the falsehoods this time around, don't know why he let so many whoppers go last time.

That's the best question of the night.

Either he was negligent, they weren't whoppers or there is something that's dangerous there.

But then, Obama might have been stoned.

Conley
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
That's the best question of the night.

Either he was negligent, they weren't whoppers or there is something that's dangerous there.

But then, Obama might have been stoned.

I think he was out of it...maybe he realized he forgot an anniversary present for his wife? Whatever the reason as we've all said, he was definitely off his game.

birddog
10-14-2012, 10:22 PM
I think he was out of it...maybe he realized he forgot an anniversary present for his wife? Whatever the reason as we've all said, he was definitely off his game.

Obama was suffering from "Teleprompter Deficiancy Disease!" :cool2:

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM

I don't see that. He's never demonstrated an "off his game" moment before. He may have his faults but he is a solid performer and rarely shows weakness; two times I can recall -- when Ryan had at him in the Congressional hearings and with Netanyahu.

I am convinced it was a strategy of non-confrontation. That's why Biden went too big in the Ryan debate; had he tamed it a bit he'd have walked away with it as Ryan was shaky and nervous out of the gate.

We will see. He will look very weak, though, to come back on statements that are two weeks old, like a Jr. High school kid challenging his marks after the test.

And with the Libya thing blowing up, I would suggest it is Obama who has to be on the defensive. But, having said that, I would not be surprised to see Romney blow it. He's been gaffe prone till recently....

Even if its a draw, though, the terrible first performance will be what people remember. Obama needs a knock out blow, not nit picking over trivial aspects of a plan yet to be implemented.

JerryAL
10-14-2012, 10:32 PM

Or maybe the Romney regime is trying to exploit the deaths of Americans for their own political gain.

Do you work at the DoD? NSA? CIA? State Department? Do you actually know what happened second by second on that day, or the days leading up to it?

By the way, the families of the fallen from Libya aren't to happy with the Romney regime exploits either.

birddog
10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
It's so hard for libs to admit that Obama and his people do wrong or lie! All they do is deflect and perpetuate lies themselves.

truthmatters
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmvJJ9SLKg

Hes likely a sociopath.

He doesnt seem to have ANY qualms about lying.

He stood and protested and anti war protest when he knew no family member of his would EVER serve

Deadwood
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
It's so hard for libs to admit that Obama and his people do wrong or lie! All they do is deflect and perpetuate lies themselves.

And that is the truly sad part of this.

Diversion and deceit are the tools of all but a few liberals in here whom I deeply respect.

Of clouse I don't work for any intel agencies! I live in fucking Canada and follow news from independent sources, the BBC, CBC, and other European sources as well as what is emerging in the filtered US press.

To suggest, at this point, weeks after the fact that the details that have emerged are exaggerations or lies/propaganda is desperate and despicable in light of the fact that Al Jazera, the German press and BBC ALL reported it was a well organized, co-ordinated and heavily armed attack with high powered fully automatic machine guns and rocket propelled grenades....this as the Obama administration was blathering it was merely a spontaneous demonstration over a video that no one in Libya could have then seen.

But instead of admitting something smells, the Obamabots ignore this and continue to point accusing fingers at Romney, whom it is NOW clear knew more about what was going on than Obama's hand picked and micromanaged State Department.

Like so much shit like this, we may never know the full details. But one thing I am certain of is that Canada warned the US that tensions were growing in advance of the 911 anniversary as did Britain and France.

But it has to be asked.....as the TSA doubles down on pat downs of seniors with colostomy bags at airports in advance of the 911 date, why, why was there not an automatic doubling down of security at consulates and Embassies in harms way?

"We didn't know" simply doesn't cut it.

Once again, as with the Carter administration, those who have bravely served the United States have been abandoned amid lies and political posturing.

bladimz
10-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Everything Odumba does as president is a lie, he lies everyday multiple times by being president when the constitution clearly states the president must be born here in America. It's very hypocritical for any democrat to say someone else lies.What?? Not born in America, you say??? Hawaii's not a state, you say? Harrumph!!