PDA

View Full Version : It's over! Trump or Clinton will be elected within hours

AZ Jim
11-06-2016, 01:40 PM
No one here to convert. We only sit and campaign to the same audience we've all preached to for months. Nothing here will change. I will no longer ever post a new "breaking news" story. It's over. Anyone for a friendly game of Texas Hold 'em?

Cletus
11-06-2016, 01:44 PM
You really should be ashamed to go out in public. You did your nation wrong.

del
11-06-2016, 01:45 PM
so dramatic, aptly

lol

resister
11-06-2016, 01:45 PM
you really should be ashamed to go out in public. You did your nation wrong.
??? Wtf

AZ Jim
11-06-2016, 01:46 PM
You really should be ashamed to go out in public. You did your nation wrong.Oh? Don't know the game? Someone who likes you might teach you Texas Hold 'Em. What? No one volunteering? Sorry Cletus....

Common Sense
11-06-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm all in...

Cletus
11-06-2016, 02:13 PM
??? Wtf

He voted for Clinton and did everything he could to influence others to do the same.

Now, he is just trying to pretend he doesn't hate this country and her People.

AZ Jim
11-06-2016, 02:15 PM
He voted for Clinton and did everything he could to influence others to do the same.

Now, he is just trying to pretend he doesn't hate this country and her People.That's just too silly to even address.

resister
11-06-2016, 02:17 PM

Now, he is just trying to pretend he doesn't hate this country and her People.Oh,i see,he really is a cantankerous old curmudgeon after all

Bethere
11-06-2016, 02:19 PM

Now, he is just trying to pretend he doesn't hate this country and her People.

Green Arrow
11-06-2016, 02:27 PM
That kind of attitude is small-minded.

Cletus
11-06-2016, 02:29 PM
That's just too silly to even address.

Actions have consequences. If Clinton is elected, the country will survive, just as it survived her husband and Obama... but it will no thanks to you.

Cletus
11-06-2016, 02:32 PM
That kind of attitude is small-minded.

You are no better. You threw your vote away just for the Hell of it. what you did was not for the best interests of the country. It was just to make you feel good about yourself.

You even started a self congratulatory thread to pat yourself on the back.

Green Arrow
11-06-2016, 02:36 PM
You are no better. You threw your vote away just for the Hell of it. what you did was not for the best interests of the country. It was just to make you feel good about yourself.

You even started a self congratulatory thread to pat yourself on the back.

Mr. Never Wrong, the president has never, in the entire 250 years of this nation's history, been elected by the popular vote. My state's electoral votes - all 11 of them - will go to Trump regardless of how I or anyone I know votes. It won't even be close. My vote has zero impact on the election regardless of how I vote and who I vote for.

But yeah, no, I did cast my vote for who I felt would be in the best interest of our country. I view both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as destructive for this country, so I voted against both of them and for the person I thought would make the best president.

I'm sorry you don't like that, but...well, no, that's not true, I'm not sorry you don't like that. I frankly don't care how you feel about my vote. It's been made. If the Republicans and Democrats put up shit candidates again in 2020, I'll make the same vote.

Cletus
11-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Like I said, you will do whatever makes you feel good about yourself, regardless of the consequences to the nation.

exploited
11-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Like I said, you will do whatever makes you feel good about yourself, regardless of the consequences to the nation.

Why on earth should anyone vote for a candidate they don't feel good about?

Cletus
11-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Why on earth should anyone vote for a candidate they don't feel good about?

You really are feeble minded.

If doing something unpleasant will prevent something more unpleasant, even dangerous, from happening, you do something unpleasant. You don't just stand there with your thumb up your ass, hoping the whole thing will go away.

It won't.

Either Clinton or Trump will be President of the United States. There are no other options. There have been no other options for months. You can fantasize about a third party candidate winning if you want, but that is all it is... fantasy. The only correct course of action is to examine the two candidates who matter and making a decision based on the best interests of the nation, not on your personal likes or dislikes.

That is the adult thing to do.
That is the responsible thing to do.
That is the right thing to do.

resister
11-06-2016, 02:53 PM

If doing something unpleasant will prevent something more unpleasant, even dangerous, from happening, you do something unpleasant. You don't just stand there with your thumb up your ass, hoping the whole thing will go away.

It won't.

Either Clinton or Trump will be President of the United States. There are n other options. There have been no other options for months. You can fantasize about a third party candidate winning if you want, but that is all it is... fantasy. The only correct course of action is to examine the two candidates who matter and making a decision based on the best interests of the nation, not on your personal likes or dislikes.

You said it pal:grin:

Green Arrow
11-06-2016, 02:56 PM

My vote has no consequences for the nation. It will not change the outcome in any fashion.

Please explain how my one single vote for Jill Stein single-handedly hands Hillary Clinton Tennessee's 11 electoral votes.

Doublejack
11-06-2016, 03:08 PM

It won't.

Either Clinton or Trump will be President of the United States. There are no other options. There have been no other options for months. You can fantasize about a third party candidate winning if you want, but that is all it is... fantasy. The only correct course of action is to examine the two candidates who matter and making a decision based on the best interests of the nation, not on your personal likes or dislikes.

This is the mentality that led us to the position were in right now. Two completely worthless choices. It will be the same every single election until people stop voting for D's and R's.

It takes brave people to pave the way for the future by voting 3rd party now with the intent of including better choices in the future.

A vote for a piece of shit because you dislike a piece of shit is still a vote for a piece of shit.

exploited
11-06-2016, 03:24 PM

It won't.

For one, the best interest of the nation is breaking the two-party duopoly. You can't do that if you vote for them merely because their candidates are likely to win.

For two, your vote should be based on your self-interest. I don't know what kind of nonsense you've got in your head, or who taught it to you, but if you aren't voting for the representative you want, you have completely failed to grasp the very utility of voting.

MRogersNhood
11-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Texas Hold 'um is a crappy poker game.I'm all for 7-card no-peek or blind baseball.

Even 5-card stud and draw are better than hold' um.
Trump's winning this thing.
Good for America.

As for the 3rd party voters this time.I truly do hope it clears the way for 3rd party ticket in all states every time.

I think the best man for the job is Trump this year.

Madea 2020,anyone? A Madea-ish president would be great IMHO.

I was ready for Herman Cain but the DNC kneecapped him lickity-split.