PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Sanders for President

exploited
11-06-2016, 07:10 PM
I wish this could happen. I miss seeing him, and I think he is a vastly superior choice to either Trump or Clinton.

Do you agree or disagree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjQWaWIxCs

resister
11-06-2016, 07:14 PM
I wish this could happen. I miss seeing him, and I think he is a vastly superior choice to either Trump or Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjQWaWIxCsMayyybe I might agree,however at this point its like asking the same question bout bigfoot

Fagan_the_Pagan
11-06-2016, 07:23 PM
I miss Bernie too, but I'm hoping the Dem's retake the senate so he can be Budget Chairman. Then he might have even MORE influence, if not as much prestige.

Tahuyaman
11-06-2016, 08:10 PM
That would be terrific. Make a guy budget chairman who thinks there's no limit to how much we can spend.

Ethereal
11-06-2016, 08:15 PM
I agree. Sanders would be a better choice than Trump or Clinton. And if he hadn't sold out, he might have had a chance as a third party candidate. A Sanders-Stein ticket would have been formidable.

Green Arrow
11-06-2016, 08:18 PM
I thought about writing him in, but I wanted to try to help get Stein over the 5% hurdle.

If he was on the ballot, I'd vote for him, no hesitation. But I like him in the Senate, I think he can do a lot more good there than as president.

Axiomatic
11-06-2016, 08:19 PM
He's nutty as a fruit cake and less economically literate than either of them, so yeah, it wouldn't make a difference.

Oh but wait, isn't he a non-interventionist? Only war hawks are allowed to hold that office period

Dr. Who
11-06-2016, 09:53 PM
I agree. Sanders would be a better choice than Trump or Clinton. And if he hadn't sold out, he might have had a chance as a third party candidate. A Sanders-Stein ticket would have been formidable.

I wonder whether he sold out or wasn't given a choice....

Chris
11-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Wishful thinking, the topic, would never happen, the left is more interested in winning at any cost than supporting someone with leftist principles. It's like accepting the dictatorship of the proletariat in order to reach an always unreachable communism.

PolWatch
11-06-2016, 10:36 PM
I don't think Bernie sold out....he lost. He did withhold his endorsement until he obtained some influence on the platform. I don't think that will really change anything but he did respect the views of his supporters and tried to insure they were heard. Is he nutty? Compared to Trump he is a sterling example of sanity.

del
11-06-2016, 10:44 PM
I don't think Bernie sold out....he lost. He did withhold his endorsement until he obtained some influence on the platform. I don't think that will really change anything but he did respect the views of his supporters and tried to insure they were heard. Is he nutty? Compared to Trump he is a sterling example of sanity.
exactly

why he lost is another can of worms, but he did what he could to get his supporters' issues (remember those? they used to come up quite a bit in elections- policies and whatnot) addressed by the national party.

AeonPax
11-06-2016, 10:59 PM
`
Bottom line; Sanders sold out to the Hillary crime machine and the war mongering Republicrat party. He no longer has any credibility with me.

Green Arrow
11-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Too many people don't understand the stakes, they want what they want with no regard to long term success.

Those of us trying to build a movement look at it differently.

Chris
11-07-2016, 08:40 AM
`
Bottom line; Sanders sold out to the Hillary crime machine and the war mongering Republicrat party. He no longer has any credibility with me.

My impression is the liberals followed Hillary into warmongering worse that the Reps. In the respect she reminds me of Bush and the neocons. Rand Paul accused her of being a neocon.

Chris
11-07-2016, 08:43 AM

There were some shenanigans that pushed that loss, Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned over it.

The endorsement was a sell out.

resister
11-07-2016, 08:45 AM
There were some shenanigans that pushed that loss, Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned over it.

The endorsement was a sell out. he sure did.And he aint a man of his word my no means

Chris
11-07-2016, 08:49 AM
he sure did.And he aint a man of his word my no means

He's just another politician in the end.

PolWatch
11-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Bernie's endorsement was an acknowledgement of reality...sometimes known as compromise. He succeeded in having the views of his supporters heard. That would not have happened if he pouted in the corner. Politics is not an all-or-nothing situation. Bernie, Johnson & Stein have impacted American politics in a major way without winning.

Archer0915
11-07-2016, 09:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjQWaWIxCs

I was going to vote for him in the primaries but they tole me I could not because, somehow, I re-registered as a Republican!

I really feel senders was the best choice on the democrat side and would have brought less harm than Clinton.

Chris
11-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Bernie's endorsement was an acknowledgement of reality...sometimes known as compromise. He succeeded in having the views of his supporters heard. That would not have happened if he pouted in the corner. Politics is not an all-or-nothing situation. Bernie, Johnson & Stein have impacted American politics in a major way without winning.

Political reality, which is all about winning. Politics SHOULD not be an all-or-nothing situation.

Agree they all had impact.

resister
11-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Bernie, Johnson & Stein have impacted American politics in a major way without winning.They are well on there way to becoming a foot note in the history books(like Clinton)