PDA

View Full Version : Picture Ballots

patrickt
10-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Americans are intentionally disenfranchising those who can't read, don't speak English, or can't remember the name of the candidate they want to vote for. Shouldn't we have pictures of the candidates so that people who know they want to vote based on race can pick the right candidate. There are a lot of people posting here who apparently don't know the names of the candidates even this late in the campaign so photos would help them, too. What happens when some can't find a Nobama on the ballot of a Robney? This rampant unfairness to the illiterate, non-English speaking, and the developmentally disabled has to stop.

Mainecoons
10-14-2012, 06:26 AM
:rofl:

Beevee
10-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Perhaps a better idea would be the depiction of candidates by the ideals they represent, so the appropriate flags could be placed alongside the names of the candidates, the Fascist flag and the Nazi flag, for example.

Mainecoons
10-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't think Obama or the other Democrats really want these flags next to their names even though it might be accurate to do so. I'll admit that given what a good job they've done of taking care of the one percent through crony capitalism it might be a good idea, but still. . . .

:grin:

Chris
10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I think we should simplify it down to a simple yes or no.

http://i.snag.gy/UuCJ6.jpg

Captain Obvious
10-14-2012, 10:54 AM
i think we should simplify it down to a simple yes or no.

http://i.snag.gy/uucj6.jpg

which one gave me my phone?

Chris
10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
which one gave me my phone?

In your case I'd say neither, you worked for and earned your own.

Peter1469
10-14-2012, 11:25 AM
When I was growing up in Louisiana they used numbers for each candidate. All adds would end with Vote for #___. That is how they got around illiteracy and dimness.

Chris
10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
What about innumerates? It's just not fair, I tell you, not fair. :protest:

patrickt
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
What about innumerates? It's just not fair, I tell you, not fair. :protest:

Well, you've hit on the next great liberal plan. Voting proxies. When you sign up for food stamps, your Obama phone, ADC, or any form of government welfare or assistance you sign your voting rights over to a proxy in the government.