PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Here's why I think Trump will win in FL

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Judging by the turnout and results of the 2012 election,Obama barely won Florida.
Some of the major population centers were very tight,with Obama barely squeaking by.
People aren't that happy with what's going on in the country and feel it's time for a change.
Remember that was Obama's thing: "Hope and Change"
According to polls people do not like the direction America is headed.
We know that Hillary is Obama 2.0
Many people will vote for Trump that simply didn't show up for Romney;Also he will pull substantial votes that went to Obama last time.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/florida/

Cigar
11-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Judging by the turnout and results of the 2012 election,Obama barely won Florida.

Some of the major population centers were very tight.With Obama barely squeaking by.

People aren't that happy with what's going on in the country and feel it's time for a change.

I'm sorry direction they are looking for won't be less Diverse :tongue:

resister
11-07-2016, 02:44 PM
morgan freeman says"mr rogers is right ,you know"

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry direction they are looking for won't be less Diverse :tongue:
What exactly does that even mean?

resister
11-07-2016, 02:52 PM
What exactly does that even mean?Maybe hes hittin the sauce early.I know I am!cheers

TrueBlue
11-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Some of the major population centers were very tight,with Obama barely squeaking by.
Many people will vote for Trump that simply didn't show up for Romney;Also he will pull substantial votes that went to Obama last time.

According to FiveThirtyEight, Hillary Clinton is beating Trump in Florida by almost 4 points just one day before the election. Besides, even if Trump won Florida that would still not get him to the 270 electoral votes he needs to win. He would need to take ALL red, Republican states PLUS one blue Democratic state in order to accomplish that and that's quite a feat given that he is not as popular as Hillary Clinton.

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 03:20 PM
According to FiveThirtyEight, Hillary Clinton is beating Trump in Florida by almost 4 points just one day before the election. Besides, even if Trump won Florida that would still not get him to the 270 electoral votes he needs to win. He would need to take ALL red, Republican states PLUS one blue Democratic state in order to accomplish that and that's quite a feat given that he is not as popular as Hillary Clinton.
He will.Maybe even 2 Blue-ish states.

You'll find out how wrong 538 is tomorrow.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Trump may or may not win Florida. He's not going to win the general election no matter what happens in Florida. Hillary Clinton represents the political establishment and they control the media and they have done what they can to give the establishment candidate the assist she needed.

The presidential election is decided. I'm more interested in the various congressional and Senate elections around the country. Like in Nevada where it's very possible that Harry Reid gets fired.

maineman
11-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Like in Nevada where it's very possible that Harry Reid gets fired.

ya think???

The democratic senate candidate from Nevada this year is Catherine Masto. Harry Reid is not even running for reelection.

wow. just wow.

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Trump may or may not win Florida. He's not going to win the general election no matter what happens in Florida. Hillary Clinton represents the political establishment and they control the media and they have done what they can to give the establishment candidate the assist she needed.

The presidential election is decided. I'm more interested in the various congressional and Senate elections around the country. Like in Nevada where it's very possible that Harry Reid gets fired.

It would be about time for that!

Annnd then I read the post after that. Doh!

maineman
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I repeat. wow. You fellas' interest in the Senate campaigns certainly has not translated into either of you knowing a fucking thing about who's running!

:rofl:

TrueBlue
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
He will.Maybe even 2 Blue-ish states.

You'll find out how wrong 538 is tomorrow.
Well gulll-eeee (Gomer Pyle style)! I didn't know you were now actively working as an online psychic. Are you taking any appointments or just playing fortune teller for kicks?

Besides, here's the Electoral Vote count to date.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Well gulll-eeee (Gomer Pyle style)! I didn't know you were now actively working as an online psychic. Are you taking any appointments or just playing fortune teller for kicks?

Let's just say I know which way the wind is blowing and leave it at that. ;)

TrueBlue
11-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Let's just say I know which way the wind is blowing and leave it at that. ;)
The only way I see the wind blowing is out of a very concerned rear. No problem though.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 03:51 PM
ya think???

The democratic senate candidate from Nevada this year is Catherine Masto. Harry Reid is not even running for reelection.

wow. just wow.

wow, just wow......

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 03:54 PM
I repeat. wow. You fellas' interest in the Senate campaigns certainly has not translated into either of you knowing a $#@!ing thing about who's running!

I know that in navada, a state Harry Reid has controlled for a long time is not so firmly in the grip of a crazy liberal any more.

People in many parts the country aren't as accepting of liberalism as they used to be. They see the failures. They are tired of the failures.

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 04:02 PM
The only way I see the wind blowing is out of a very concerned rear. No problem though.

Dude,that's not an electoral vote count to date,it's basically like "270 to win" or RCP with a graph. :rofl:

Here you go,guy. http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

resister
11-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Dude,that's not an electoral vote count to dat,it's basically like "270 to win" or RCP with a graph. :rofl:

Here you go,guy. http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/presidentNahh...he wouldn't post BS

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Nahh...he wouldn't post BS
It's possible he actually thought that was a running vote tally.

It's mostly "monkey" something.

Scrounger
11-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Dude,that's not an electoral vote count to date,it's basically like "270 to win" or RCP with a graph. :rofl:

Look at it like this:

IF that is the current electoral count, then the election has to be rigged. Only in pro wrestling and politics do we know with certainty who the winner is before the contest begins.

Which presidential election was it that the front runner was ahead by eight points yet conceded before 10 pm on election night?
Here you go,guy. http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president

maineman
11-07-2016, 04:38 PM
I know that in navada, a state Harry Reid has controlled for a long time is not so firmly in the grip of a crazy liberal any more.

People in many parts the country aren't as accepting of liberalism as they used to be. They see the failures. They are tired of the failures.
you are so clueless about the senate races you are supposedly so interested in, you actually thought that Harry Reid was running for reelection.

that's just fucking amazingly stupid. no way to tap dance away from that.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
you are so clueless about the senate races you are supposedly so interested in, you actually thought that Harry Reid was running for reelection.

that's just $#@!ing amazingly stupid. no way to tap dance away from that.

grab ahold of another silly diversion and run with it.

maineman
11-07-2016, 04:52 PM
grab ahold of another silly diversion and run with it.

I'll just have to wait until the next boneheaded, dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks, foot-in-mouth pronouncement from you. That won't take all THAT long.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 05:08 PM
I'll just have to wait until the next boneheaded, dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks, foot-in-mouth pronouncement from you. That won't take all THAT long.

You are the diversion King. No one can compare to you in that area.

maineman
11-07-2016, 05:23 PM
You are the diversion King. No one can compare to you in that area.

and you steadfastly refuse to own up to your own stupidity. incomparable in your own right.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 05:32 PM
and you steadfastly refuse to own up to your own stupidity. incomparable in your own right.

From now on, I'm not going to play your stupid little game. When you say something worth calling put, I'll do do, but I'm done with commenting on your silly diversions.

You can have the last world here flap-jack. Make it a good one.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 05:39 PM

The last credible poll I saw, had Hillary Clinton with 268 electoral votes. That's not enough either. That being said, I say that any objective person would say that Hillary Clinton is most like.y going to win the election.

As long as there is a legislative branch which can keep her in check, I can live with her as our president. It's going to be embarrassing, but no more or less than the last eight years. I'm not looking forward to hearing her piercing sing-song voice and speaking style, but I can always ignore presidential speeches like I did during our current president's tenure.

nic34
11-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Reid is not running. Sorry.

nic34
11-07-2016, 05:45 PM
The last credible poll I saw, had Hillary Clinton with 268 electoral votes. That's not enough either. That being said, I say that any objective person would say that Hillary Clinton is most like.y going to win the election.

Lemme guess, the poll was Razzmatazz...

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Lemme guess, the poll was Razzmatazz...

No

Tahuyaman
11-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Reid is not running. Sorry.

It's a good thing that his corrupt sorry ass is history.

Scrounger
11-07-2016, 09:40 PM
In 1980 Jimmy Carter was ahead in the polls by at least 8 percent. Carter lost by ten points and conceded early that night. I hope that happens to Hitlery. It may not, but I can hope.

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 10:08 PM
In 1980 Jimmy Carter was ahead in the polls by at least 8 percent. Carter lost by ten points and conceded early that night. I hope that happens to Hitlery. It may not, but I can hope.
I'm not predicting a Reagan landslide:That probably will never be seen again in my lifetime.
However I do predict a sound victory for Trump.
Sound to the point of where the voter fraud can't even touch it.
Almost Reagan,but it's not going to be that Yuge.

Although I do predict he will do better than Reagan as a president.It's a thing.

MRogersNhood
11-07-2016, 10:14 PM
It's a good thing that his corrupt sorry ass is history.

Amen to that!

maineman
11-07-2016, 11:43 PM
From now on, I'm not going to play your stupid little game. When you say something worth calling put, I'll do do, but I'm done with commenting on your silly diversions.

You can have the last world here flap-jack. Make it a good one.you don't think that pointing out how a conservative political pundit wannabe like you doesn't even know that Harry Reid isn't up for reelection isn't a point worth calling out? Really??

maineman
11-07-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm not predicting a Reagan landslide:That probably will never be seen again in my lifetime.
However I do predict a sound victory for Trump.
Sound to the point of where the voter fraud can't even touch it.
Almost Reagan,but it's not going to be that Yuge.

Although I do predict he will do better than Reagan as a president.It's a thing.you're doing a great job of channeling Karl Rove from four years ago. I'm gonna LOVE rubbing Hillary's victory all over your face tomorrow night!

Croft
11-07-2016, 11:52 PM
How fast will the results come in? And how long will it take for the corporate corruption nightmare and their poisonous puppet to concede?

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 12:04 AM
you're doing a great job of channeling Karl Rove from four years ago. I'm gonna LOVE rubbing Hillary's victory all over your face tomorrow night!

This will be delicious.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Amen to that!

There's non downside to corrupt politicians going away no matter which political party they identify with.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 12:22 AM
There's non downside to corrupt politicians going away no matter which political party they identify with.

I can concur with that!

1 down and how many more to go again?

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 10:17 AM
1 down and how many more to go again?

I don't know if I could identify more than 20 Senators who aren't corrupt in some way.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 10:20 AM
I don't know if I could identify more than 20 Senators who aren't corrupt in some way.
The Senate terms tend to foster corruption.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 10:22 AM
The Senate terms tend to foster corruption.

And that's why we need term limits. Flush out the corruption.

PolWatch
11-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Florida is always a cliff-hanger. All the reports of early voting show an increase in the number of Hispanic voters....I don't think the Donald is gonna do well with that segment of voter.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 10:40 AM
I agree.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Florida is always a cliff-hanger. All the reports of early voting show an increase in the number of Hispanic voters....I don't think the Donald is gonna do well with that segment of voter.
What you need to be thinking is:What kind of Hispanic voters? ;)

Florida Hispanic population is most certainly not dominated by legal voting Mexicans.

They're not that large a proportion of the Latin people in FL.

I'd guess less than 20% Perhaps even less.

maineman
11-08-2016, 10:46 AM
What you need to be thinking is:What kind of Hispanic voters? ;)

they're mostly rapists, murderers and drug dealers, ain't they?

maineman
11-08-2016, 10:47 AM

we have term limits every two years. They're exercised on election day.

maineman
11-08-2016, 10:49 AM
term limit proponents presume that the American people are incapable of voting someone out of office who is no longer serving them effectively.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 10:53 AM
I've always been consistent on this. I cant see any scenario where Trump wins this election.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Incumbents create rules which makes it very difficult to vote them out of office. Their legislative goal is to protect their seat. If a term limit is good for the presidency, it's good for everyone else.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 11:04 AM
we have term limits every two years. They're exercised on election day.

Senate term is six years, not two.

Elected office is not, nor was ever intended to be a career. Elected officials create laws, then exempt themselves from living by those same laws laws. They consider themselves rulers and not public servants.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 11:26 AM
*snip

maineman
11-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Incumbents create rules which makes it very difficult to vote them out of office. Their legislative goal is to protect their seat. If a term limit is good for the presidency, it's good for everyone else.

what rules make it difficult for, or in any way prevent a voter from voting for someone other than the incumbent?

maineman
11-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Senate term is six years, not two.

Elected office is not, nor was ever intended to be a career. Elected officials create laws, then exempt themselves from living by those same laws laws. They consider themselves rulers and not public servants.

Every two years, a third of the senate faces term limitation.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 12:05 PM
what rules make it difficult for, or in any way prevent a voter from voting for someone other than the incumbent?.

Theyve rigged the campaign finance system in their favor and they gerrymander congressional districts. Most incumbents are owned by the various lobbying efforts. It's both naive and idealistic to think the incumbents don't rig the system in their favor.

I can't see any credible way one could oppose term limits.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm wondering if those who oppose term limits would support no term limit for the President?

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Every two years, a third of the senate faces term limitation.

No, they face reelection, not a term limit. And once they are in, it's extremely difficult to get them out.

resister
11-08-2016, 12:13 PM
No, they face reelection, not a term limit. And once they are in, it's extremely difficult to get them out.Kinda like roaches

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 12:35 PM
they're mostly rapists, murderers and drug dealers, ain't they?
Actually the overwhelming Hispanic population in FL is hard-working Cubans.

Chris
11-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Maybe hes hittin the sauce early.I know I am!cheers

Do not insinuate anything about members and drinking, drugging or medicating. Bad faith.

maineman
11-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Theyve rigged the campaign finance system in their favor and they gerrymander congressional districts. Most incumbents are owned by the various lobbying efforts. It's both naive and idealistic to think the incumbents don't rig the system in their favor.

I can't see any credible way one could oppose term limits.

I support an informed electorate making an informed choice. If my congressman or woman, if my senator is doing a good job for my state, why would I ever want them to STOP doing that good job?

maineman
11-08-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm wondering if those who oppose term limits would support no term limit for the President?

I would love to have the opportunity to vote for Obama for a third and fourth term.

maineman
11-08-2016, 01:03 PM
No, they face reelection, not a term limit. And once they are in, it's extremely difficult to get them out.

not difficult in the least. If a senator is not doing the job his constituents want him or her to do, all they need to do is to vote for the other guy. It's that simple. Ask Mark Kirk or Ron Johnson tomorrow how easy it is to be booted out.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I support an informed electorate making an informed choice. If my congressman or woman, if my senator is doing a good job for my state, why would I ever want them to STOP doing that good job?

Because they become intoxicated with their own power and exempt themselves from the laws they impose upon us. Ensuring that they will be forced to live under those laws may make them base their decisions on something other than abiding by a party line.

maineman
11-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Because they become intoxicated with their own power and exempt themselves from the laws they impose upon us. Ensuring that they will be forced to live under those laws may make them base their decisions on something other than abiding by a party line.

I don't think Angus King or Susan Collins are intoxicated by their own power. I think they are both thoughtful and hardworking public servants.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 04:58 PM
I don't think Angus King or Susan Collins are intoxicated by their own power. I think they are both thoughtful and hardworking public servants.

I think they are more concerned with maintaining their own position and power than they are with you and your welfare.

Elitists and strict partisans tend to oppose term limits.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 05:06 PM
not difficult in the least. If a senator is not doing the job his constituents want him or her to do, all they need to do is to vote for the other guy. It's that simple. Ask Mark Kirk or Ron Johnson tomorrow how easy it is to be booted out.
Yeah but why should we have to wait for 6 years and no term limits? These people are supposed to serving us.Not ruling us.

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Yeah but why should we have to wait for 6 years and no term limits? These people are supposed to serving us.Not ruling us.

I have no issue with the length of a Senator's term. I don't know why they settled on six years instead of four, but that's not a big issue with me.

I'm more concerned with their human weaknesses which make them susceptible to corruption and elitism.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I have no issue with the length of a Senator's term. I don't know why they settled on six years instead of four, but that's not a big issue with me.

I'm more concerned with their human weaknesses which make them susceptible to corruption and elitism.
I think it would be better if reduced to 2-4 years.
What we've been talking about will probably never happen until late (if ever) into our lifetimes,though.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 06:15 PM
46 minutes and counting.Obama/Hillary did not win FL,no way,no how.

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Trump has won FL! He got Pinellas!
That is going to be the kicker!

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 11:19 PM

And then then there's election day,enjoy! I'm really not going to be too barbish and rub it in so much around here.However:538 was absolutely wrong!

MRogersNhood
11-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Told Ya.For those that doubted that? Well there you have it.