PDA

View Full Version : The concession speech

pjohns
11-08-2016, 11:25 AM
My guess is that if Donald Trump loses--and I think that there is about a
70 percent chance that this will happen--he will not make a typical, gracious
concession speech; but will instead talk about how "Crooked Hillary" won because
of "the rigged system." He may even complain that the election was "stolen"
from him.

Don't get me wrong: I did vote for Donald Trump; but graciousness is just
not his long suit.

TrueBlue
11-08-2016, 11:30 AM
concession speech; but will instead talk about how "Crooked Hillary" won because
from him.

not his long suit.
If he does lose and would be thinking right he would be as gracious in his concession speech as he can be in order to save face although I seriously doubt he will ever make another play to enter the presidential race again. He would be too old by then but if he did and does not accept the results gracefully today, should he lose, then he will be seen as a poor loser and someone who is just not worth the time to consider any further in the future.

Mark III
11-08-2016, 11:53 AM
My guess is that Trump will read something that someone else wrote for him, staring down at the page as he speaks. He will concede in a flat, disinterested voice.

Chris
11-08-2016, 11:55 AM
He started out with a bang so he might as well go out with a bang.

TrueBlue
11-08-2016, 12:03 PM
He started out with a bang so he might as well go out with a bang.
Well it all depends on whether he eats beans before he speaks! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

Chris
11-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Well it all depends on whether he eats beans before he speaks! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

Mexican Black Beans. :D

Tahuyaman
11-08-2016, 12:14 PM
My guess is that Trump will read something that someone else wrote for him, staring down at the page as he speaks. He will concede in a flat, disinterested voice.

I doubt that. I imagine he would do what he has always done.

Standing Wolf
11-08-2016, 12:38 PM
One thing - among several - that Trump lacks is class. It's something you can't buy, and even his supporters have to admit that he is pretty much completely devoid of it. We can only hope that he will say what he needs to say in order to calm the more spun-out among his followers and not make an utter, embarrassing spectacle of himself before the world, but then - we've hoped before. Who knows?

AZ Jim
11-08-2016, 12:43 PM
I do not believe he will make a concession speech. If he does it should go like this: "Well it was rigged, I had no chance, no chance. I appealed to all who hate and all they hate and they responded in HUGE numbers but it wasn't enough to overcome the totally unfair ideas of the left. Those "lefties" are a strange bunch. They believe in equal treatment for women, disabled, minorities, the poor and elderly. What a crock, huh....a crock. It was rigged folks, I clearly won but the crooked system robbed me. I wanted to build your wall and continue my campaign of tearing down America from the inside out but crooked Hillary took away my dream. I always win, always, I never lose..never. Well, fuck them and fuck you....where's my fuckin tweeter?" He begins to softly cry, and sniff as he leaves the mic but is heard loudly throwing a tantrum off stage...

Cigar
11-08-2016, 12:45 PM
from him.

not his long suit.

If he's going to Go Down as a GOP Loser, he may as well Go Down in History as The Greatest GOP Loser.

JDubya
11-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Likely be kind of a mixed bag. A little bit congratulatory and complimentary about her being tough and running a good campaign, but not being able to resist calling her corrupt and dishonest. Maybe even hinting at four years of investigations ahead, etc, etc.

I just hope, assuming (and praying) he loses, we won't have to see or hear from him again for a long time.

resister
11-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Likely be kind of a mixed bag. A little bit congratulatory and complimentary about her being tough and running a good campaign, but not being able to resist calling her corrupt and dishonest. Maybe even hinting at four years of investigations ahead, etc, etc.

I just hope, assuming (and praying) he loses, we won't have to see or hear from him again for a long time.
I was unaware atheist prayed,Do you pray to yourself?

Cigar
11-08-2016, 01:26 PM
After today, I won't care what Donald has to say. :laugh:

resister
11-08-2016, 01:33 PM
After today, I won't care what Donald has to say. :laugh:
You will for 4 years,possibly 8

Cigar
11-08-2016, 01:35 PM
You will for 4 years,possibly 8

No ... I still won't care.

I've never cared about want Donald Trump has to say, he's just a Show Clown to me. But not everyone can see it.

Bethere
11-08-2016, 01:48 PM
No ... I still won't care.

I've never cared about want Donald Trump has to say, he's just a Show Clown to me. But not everyone can see it.

Now there's some sad things known to man, but ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown when there's no one around.

resister
11-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Now there's some sad things known to man, but ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown when there's no one around.
Put saran wrap over your keyboard in the morning.Your warrenty lapsed

Bethere
11-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Put saran wrap over your keyboard in the morning.Your warrenty lapsed

Don't let my glad expression give you the wrong impression.

Docthehun
11-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Don't let my glad expression give you the wrong impression.

Voting day humor.

Good times

Bethere
11-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Voting day humor.

Good times

And the best part is there's never a charge!

Bethere is just another outstanding free benefit for members of tPF.

Docthehun
11-08-2016, 02:50 PM
And the best part is there's never a charge!

Bethere is just another outstanding free benefit for members of tPF.

Yea, yea

Standing Wolf
11-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Every prosecution, investigation or lawsuit concerning a shady Trump action or enterprise will now be "payback by the Liberal elite and the Clinton Administration".

Docthehun
11-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Come tomorrow morning, the sun will still rise. If nothing else, we're all Americans and as a result, we're all in this together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg

ripmeister
11-08-2016, 03:19 PM
from him.

not his long suit.

Ya think? One thing that's been clearly established regarding Trump over the past year and a half is his vindictiveness for even the slightest of slights.

nic34
11-08-2016, 03:21 PM
not his long suit.

You should rethink your life then....

ripmeister
11-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Every prosecution, investigation or lawsuit concerning a shady Trump action or enterprise will now be "payback by the Liberal elite and the Clinton Administration".

That would not be good but it is said that payback is a bitch.

TrueBlue
11-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Come tomorrow morning, the sun will still rise. If nothing else, we're all Americans and as a result, we're all in this together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg
Yet if Hillary Clinton wins Republicans will be acting with great acrimony instead of letting bygones be bygones and thinking of working together with the new Democratic Administration for the overall good of the American people.

Chris
11-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Yet if Hillary Clinton wins Republicans will be acting with great acrimony instead of letting bygones be bygones and thinking of working together with the new Democratic Administration for the overall good of the American people.

And many a Dem has said same if Trump is elected.