PDA

View Full Version : The GOP

Peter1469
11-09-2016, 06:02 AM
Now that they have a majority of the governors, the House, the Senate, and the President they must lead.

Can they distinguish themselves from the Democrats, or are they just the other side of the same coin?

resister
11-09-2016, 06:05 AM
I believe now that were done with lame ducks we might just get some results instead of constant tug of war

Safety
11-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Only time will tell. They have no obstacles, so there is no excuse.

Peter1469
11-09-2016, 06:15 AM
Off to work. I will be driving along Constitution Ave in about 15 minutes. It will be neat to get a feel for the aftershocks.

DGUtley
11-09-2016, 06:46 AM
It will be very interesting. Look at FB. It's the end of the world.

Safety
11-09-2016, 06:58 AM
It was going to be the end of the world for someone last night, regardless who won.

Docthehun
11-09-2016, 07:24 AM
I think the President-elect may just discover how fragmented the Republican Party has become. Debt vs "The Grand Plan for Greatness"

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2016, 07:26 AM
It was going to be the end of the world for someone last night, regardless who won.
Some of us wouldn't be crying though.

If you want to get a good look at why a woman president wouldn't be such a good idea take a look at how most women in America look this morning. My girlfriend has cried like three times over the course of the night. I've never cried over an election. Not the right response at all.

FindersKeepers
11-09-2016, 07:37 AM
I think the President-elect may just discover how fragmented the Republican Party has become. Debt vs "The Grand Plan for Greatness"

There is that.

It's going to take a lot to pull us out of debt, and I hope Trump can do it.

If he told the truth about not meddling so much overseas, perhaps we have a shot.

No one really knows at this point, so we'll all be watching closely.

FindersKeepers
11-09-2016, 07:41 AM
Some of us wouldn't be crying though.

If you want to get a good look at why a woman president wouldn't be such a good idea take a look at how most women in America look this morning. My girlfriend has cried like three times over the course of the night. I've never cried over an election. Not the right response at all.

Now, back up a bit here. LOL

I've been a long time supporter of Condi for President and I think she'd be magnificent.

Hillary just wasn't the one to take this first step. We'll have a woman -- when the right woman runs.

I don't know what to say about your girlfriend, except -- be VERY sympathetic to her feelings. You don't want politics to come betwixt the two of you. Hug her when you can't help grinning -- that way, she won't see your smile.

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Now, back up a bit here. LOL
I've been a long time supporter of Condi for President and I think she'd be magnificent.Hillary just wasn't the one to take this first step. We'll have a woman -- when the right woman runs.
I don't know what to say about your girlfriend, except -- be VERY sympathetic to her feelings. You don't want politics to come betwixt the two of you. Hug her when you can't help grinning -- that way, she won't see your smile.
I've been cuddling and comforting her as much as I can, but that doesn't mean I'm not taking notes on her behavior as I try and explain to her that the left-leaning shill media is the cause of her emotions and that Donald Trump isn't the horrible misogynist, racist, rapist, rich pig that she thinks he is.

She's uncaring. She wouldn't even listen to his speech with me even though I'm sure if Hillary had won I'd have been forced to hear her canned speech.

FindersKeepers
11-09-2016, 07:58 AM
I've been cuddling and comforting her as much as I can, but that doesn't mean I'm not taking notes on her behavior as I try and explain to her that the left-leaning shill media is the cause of her emotions and that Donald Trump isn't the horrible misogynist, racist, rapist, rich pig that she thinks he is.

She's uncaring. She wouldn't even listen to his speech with me even though I'm sure if Hillary had won I'd have been forced to hear her canned speech.

LOL

I love that story! I think it'll take awhile for Hillary supporters to learn that Trump isn't the monster MSM made him out to be.

I'm just happy the Clinton era is finally over.

Common
11-09-2016, 08:33 AM

Well weve seen what a party majority of congress and the white house can give us. Obamacare

I dont believe the GOP has a vetoproof majority for one. I hope the far right factions in the house an senate dont screw it all up like the did the last time

Subdermal
11-09-2016, 09:39 AM
We'll inform you when Dems create obstacles - and they will.

Tahuyaman
11-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Now that they have a majority of the governors, the House, the Senate, and the President they must lead.

Can they distinguish themselves from the Democrats, or are they just the other side of the same coin?

The next couple years will be interesting.

exploited
11-09-2016, 10:31 AM
LOL

I love that story! I think it'll take awhile for Hillary supporters to learn that Trump isn't the monster MSM made him out to be.

I'm just happy the Clinton era is finally over.

Yes he is. Trump is a moronic pig who treats people terribly. We know this. It has been on television for years.

You're allowed to savour victory, but not immediately start making things up.

Tahuyaman
11-09-2016, 10:34 AM

I don't think Trump's win had much if anything to do with party affiliation. I think it was more an anti political establishment statement.

Safety
11-09-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't think Trump's win had much if anything to do with party affiliation. I think it was more an anti political establishment statement.

Which would explain why almost every voter who said they were disgusted by both candidates, voted for Trump.

Tahuyaman
11-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Which would explain why almost every voter who said they were disgusted by both candidates, voted for Trump.

I agree. I heard many people say that they voted for Trump, but have a strong dislike for him.

I think Mrs.Clinton's constant lies and obvious corruption was a big factor. Plus her campaign was nothing but attacking Trump. She never tried to present any policy ideas.

FindersKeepers
11-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Yes he is. Trump is a moronic pig who treats people terribly. We know this. It has been on television for years.

You're allowed to savour victory, but not immediately start making things up.

I don't feel very victorious but I think we missed a bullet. A lot of the things said about Trump were total fabrications, like the anonymous woman who filed a civil suit, claiming she was raped at 13.

Of course, some of those things happened to Hillary, too.

The worst part, perhaps, was the misleading polls. I don't know that pollsters will ever climb up out of the hole they dug for themselves during this election.

FindersKeepers
11-09-2016, 11:35 AM

True. A lesser of evils, but also a change from the status quo.

Tahuyaman
11-09-2016, 11:40 AM

It's not just the Republicans. The country is fragmented. Can that be reversed? It can if people actually want it to be reversed.

exploited
11-09-2016, 11:47 AM
I don't feel very victorious but I think we missed a bullet. A lot of the things said about Trump were total fabrications, like the anonymous woman who filed a civil suit, claiming she was raped at 13.

Of course, some of those things happened to Hillary, too.

The worst part, perhaps, was the misleading polls. I don't know that pollsters will ever climb up out of the hole they dug for themselves during this election.

The polls weren't misleading, people tend to forget that the margin of error swings both ways.

Subdermal
11-09-2016, 11:51 AM
The polls weren't misleading, people tend to forget that the margin of error swings both ways.

Today, your screenname is more appropriate than usual.

It seems that you've forgotten - already - that the polls purported - recent - outcomes far beyond this margin for error. Outcomes that required a suspension of disbelief (save for the leftist sycophant who laps up anything which sustains their fantasies).

Admit that the polls were absolutely a tool to attempt a psyop narrative, and only approached the truth when self-preservation became expedient after propaganda was employed.

Tahuyaman
11-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Clearly most of the polls missed something. The mainstream media got punked.

Could it have been that people were misleading them when they were polled? Maybe they didn't go public with their support for Trump because they didn't want to be accused of being a racist or sexist? I don't know b

exploited
11-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Today, your screenname is more appropriate than usual.

It seems that you've forgotten - already - that the polls purported - recent - outcomes far beyond this margin for error. Outcomes that required a suspension of disbelief (save for the leftist sycophant who laps up anything which sustains their fantasies).

Admit that the polls were absolutely a tool to attempt a psyop narrative, and only approached the truth when self-preservation became expedient after propaganda was employed.

Er, not really. The polls had a plus-minus of 3% (known as the margin of error). Most predicted Clinton ahead by about 1-3% for the last three days.